The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Healing Trust - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:13 pm

This was something that Jurishe was used to; cleaning scrapes and cuts, bandaging afterward. Moving quickly now, she covered all of the worst of the now-cleaned cuts with strips of gauze, protecting them from both grime and infections. Then there were the burns. Poking the edge of one tentatively, she hummed.

"I could add more ointment, if you want?" She looks up at Katara, "You don't necessarily... -need- it, but it might help speed up the healing process. I'm going to bandage this one anyway," Referring to the largest and still-reddest of them all.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara probably would have looked at herself, but she was blind and therefore could not see herself. when she poked one of her burns, Katara flinched slightly, with a soft "acha!"

"by all means... go ahead. I'd rather a little stinging now than the burn-stings for hours on end, y'know?" posing this in such a way to say "you know what I mean?"

she had no argument against getting bandaged up and so she didn't feel the need to do or say anything but nod.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Injured, slowly recovering
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Sealing the open jar of herbs, Jurishe switches to the ointment jar, unscrewing the lid to access it. Repeating her method from earlier that day, she applied the gel carefully, beginning with the outer edge of the burn, moving inward to the more tender skin. Beginning with the largest wound, moving down to the smallest of them, she finishes entirely before wiping her hand off on her pants.

"Alright, now the wrapping," She informed Katara, moving to wrap the first strip of cloth around her, starting just under the girl's breast. Winding quickly, with some overlap, Jurishe quickly covered the angriest burn, shielding it from both the elements and rubbing clothing.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was a gentle and passive patient, not one to react violently; just sharply intake breath when it stung.
Jurishe might have also noticed that her skin, both healthy and otherwise, was very warm. This was just the natural firebender heat of Katara's body, although becuase of how vivid it was, it might have brought concern to someone. it was not fever-hot, but it was noticably warmer.

"alrighty." she responded, letting the waterbender bandage her up. "do what you gotta do. thanks again, by the way..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 pm

"You're welcome," Jurishe smiled, accepting her thanks rather than brushing it off dismissively. Once the bandage had covered the entirety of the burn, she held it in place manually for a moment before clipping the gauze together. It would be tight enough to stay on, but not tight enough to be oppressive or constricting; Katara certainly wouldn't have any trouble breathing.

Then, seeming to notice the unusual heat to her skin, Jurishe inquires, "Are you feeling alright, now?" While it's common knowledge that firebenders run warmer than any of the other benders, she didn't imagine that it would be quite this hot.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara waited patiently and quietly as Jurishe bound her wounds. She seemed used to it, for she kind of was--well, she was used to the getting injured part. the types of treatment she had had varied from place to place and person to person.

"I'm fine," she nodded with a shrug "apart from the residual injuries anyways. does something about me feel off or something?"
Similar to how natives never recognized their own accents they way they did with the accents of others, Katara never really recognized her body heat since she lived with it... so she didnt know.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 pm

"I know that your body temperature should be higher than mine," She begins to explain, "But you're even warmer than I'd thought. I'd like to check for a fever... but I wouldn't be able to tell if you had one or not." Jurishe makes a face, unhappy at having to admit her lack of experience in such a way, after doing so well.

Twisting a spare bit of gauze in her fingers, an agitated gesture, she tries to inspect Katara closely, to see if anything else seemed off, or unusual; other than the fact that she was obviously getting seriously injured quite frequently.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara shrugged. "if you want to check, you can, but I am a bit warmer than normal anyways."
it came from her concentrated power, or so she always believed. Either that, or she had lived with a perpetual fever for 16 or 18 or 19 years... (or however old she really was). However, other than her wounds, she seemed to be quite healthy, even in getting proper nourishment.

"Do what you need to do." she shrugged.
wearing only her shorts and her gloves, Katara's figure was an interesting one. She was resilient,, although a bit skinny, and had something of muscle tone, as if she was physically active--which even without her bending, she actually was. all that walking and wandering seemed to pay off, perhaps among other things.
She certainly looked unusual, as skin as dark as hers was rare, but otherwise, her unusual features were all on her face in the form of those scars and her eyes.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:08 pm

"So long as you feel fine, you should be alright now," Jurishe seems a little comforted. Then, after one last look to size up her handiwork, she nods, "I think you're done..."

Now that there's nothing holding her attention, she glances around the room once again, her curiosity growing. It took all of her willpower to avoid asking questions about the architecture, Katara's clothing, or, even more personal, what had happened to make her so scarred up. Instead, she forced herself to pack up once again, returning the medical supplies to their place in her bag, ready for the next time that she'd need them. Then came that slightly awkward silence.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Z. Katara Len

Now that Jurishe had broken through Katara's outer shell, getting information from her would be slightly easier. it would still require precise answers, but she would be more likely to answer them now.

"I feel fine..." she remarked, "unless there's something else you'd recommend?"
she would wait for an answer to this and would then liklely put her clothes back on.
Even blind, she was observant, and could tell when things were about to turn awkward, even if itwas through silence.
"is... is something on your mind?" she asked her, her head tilting back as if to look her in the eyes.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 pm

"Just - ah - try to keep the cuts clean," She instructed when asked for suggestions, "They shouldn't get infected now, but it's better to be safe. If they still hurt after a few days, you should go to one of the healers here." Before the second question came, she walked slowly over to the room's window, looking outside briefly, then Jurishe returned her attention to Katara.

Once asked about her thoughts, she felt a little sheepish, "Ah... I just have questions, curiosities; I've never been here before. I haven't been to many Fire Nation cities yet, at all. I started traveling almost immediately."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Z. Katara Len

"ah. alrighty then." she nodded slowly. her clothes were a bit dirty, but not disgustingly so. she wondered if it was not a good idea to put them on... but she did anyways,except her boots.

"what kind of questions?" she asked, standing up herself, "I might not be able to answer them all, but if they're about me... I guess I could?" she shrugged again. "it's an interesting place, you know."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

After a moment of misgivings, Jurishe ventures, hopefully in a neutral voice, "Well... what happened? How did you get hurt so badly?" Then, after half a beat, "You don't have to answer, if you don't want to. I am curious about the town, too, and the people..."

She continues to stand, hoping that she wouldn't be thrown out, or attacked, after that very forward question. Even though she was invited to ask... it still might have been over the line. Besides, she wasn't sure that she'd tell something private to someone that she'd met the same day.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Z. Katara Len

She assumed that Juri had been talking about her burns and stuff.
"I was practicing my bending... it's too powerful to me to control, so it blew up in my face. It's... not a pleasant experience, let me tell ya."
it wasn't traumatizing the way the story behind her eye scars was.

the way Katara took things was part of how she weaselled her way out of telling things she would rather not. She was not sure if it qualified as bending the touth or stretching it, or perhaps simply motting it... but such was the way she was.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 pm

"Then..." Jurishe was visibly confused - not that Katara could tell. She struggled for a moment, trying to remain as tactful as possible, even if she didn't understand. There must be a reason for Katara to continue on with her fire, despite constant brushes with pain... Right?

Not that she could figure out. So, she finally asked: "Why do you keep trying? Why not... just stop using your firebending?" Then, she added, "If it hurts so much?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I keep trying because I see no reason to let it control my life. I don't try often, but I try every now and again. I frankly do not like the power I have, but if I have to deal with it, then I might as well make the most of it. It may not be the best of ideas... but really, in retrospect, I don't have any reason left to live other than to keep the deeds of certain others from being in vain."

she paused. "so how about you? how was life down in the Southern Water Tribe?"
she had shown interest before in wanting to visit the place, but it was not exactly like she could just jump up0 and swim the ocean down there. Still... a girl could dream.
Condition: Better
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

When Katara brings up 'deeds of certain others being in vain', it was almost as if Jurishe perked up, glancing over at her. After weighing her options, she decides to let it go; if she was supposed to know, Katara would have told her, in the first place. Instead of dwelling on the mystery, she applies her attention to the return question.

"It was cold," Came her cheeky answer. Then, getting more serious, "Mostly, I enjoyed it, as I grew older. I just wanted to see other things, you know? Meet new people, hear new stories, find new things." Then, figuring it was her turn for another question, "Where have you been, so far? I've only just been here."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara frankly wished that she could talk about it so freely, but it was not that easy, as those events had scarred her forever in multiple ways. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder was not about what was wrong with her, it was about what happened to her.

"I've been to most of the Fire Nation and a lot of the Southern Earth Kingdom. I've also spent a few nights in the Western and Eastern Air Temples, and had a brief visit to the southern Tribe before. that's part of who I know I would like to visit it again someday."
she paused, sitting down and swinging her bare feet idly. "I'd tell you about the beautiful scenery and such... but I haven't seen most of it."
her blindness was something that she was able to joke about now as long as its origins did not come up, shady as they were.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Jurishe actually laughed at that, thankfully recognizing the last bit as a joke. She already liked Katara, but being able to joke about something like that only made her respect her even more; despite her injuries, the girl was strong. With a smile, she continued the conversation.

"I've wanted to visit the Air Temples ever since I was a little girl," She admits, fiddling with the ties of her belt once again, "I heard stories about them... I'm hoping to go there soon, to see for myself." Then, after a brief pause, "I want to see everything, really." Her tone was sheepish.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara gave a chuckle of her own, but then continued with what she had been saying.

"They're interesting places. The Air Nomads are an interesting people, especially with the Tekina-Kaze ruling the Eastern Air Temple and powerfully patrolling the Western one as well."
They were the closest thing the Air nomads had to a military, and while they were not vehement against outsiders, they did sort of serve as security. They were generally passive like everyone else during times of war though.

"if you've got plans on travelling, I wouldn't mind tagging along or giving recommendations if you don't mind my company." she shrugged.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Her smile, which had emerged from laughing, brightened a bit, at that, "I wouldn't mind at all!" Then, after a moment's thought, "I'll probably bounce around a bit, though..." She warns Katara.

It's true, too; the problem with wanting to go everywhere is that Jurishe had no plan in motion. She'd walked through the wilds of the Fire Nation, for crying outloud. Next she'd probably swim to a remote island or fly to the Air Temple; who knew? For some people, that would certainly get irritating.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara paused for a moment as if expecting her to say more, but after she didn't, she spoke up.
"and?"
she was the type that would wander till she was lost, and then just enjoy the moment till someone found her, or till she found out where she was.

"I'm not exactly a kid with a plan either. I go wherever till I get lost... and that's when the adventure starts. What else do ya do when you've got nothing really going for ya?" she shrugged. Similar to her blindness, this was not a problem that fazed her at all. She wondered what sort of reaction it would trigger.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 pm

"Don't say that," Jurishe tells her automatically, in a chiding voice, "That you have nothing going for you... You're determined, at the very, very least, from what I know about you already."

Then, after the light scolding, she says with a laugh, "Well... if you don't mind being pulled halfway around the world, only to turn around, then I have no problem with you coming along. It'll be fun." She smiles brightly, "
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

"hey," she retorted, "I didn't mean it that way, it's just... nevermind." she trailed into mumbling. "thanks." she added softly.

"wandering aimlessly around the world, eh? sounds like my kind of adventure... especially if we can get lost somewhere along the way. What are your immediate plans, speaking of which?"
now she was curious, and was surprised at herself for opening up so much to this girl.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Stopping after a smile, Jurishe contemplates that question; what were her plans, now? Once she had seen Katara injured, any plans she'd had been completely forgotten. That, and she didn't really know what Shu Jing had to offer, anyway. There could be anything, everything, or there could be nothing. A rumbling in the pit of her stomach decided for her, and she had to laugh again.

Finally, she can only say, "To find something to eat, just now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next