The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Healing Trust - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed. "well... if you don't like any spicy at all... you might have some trouble here on the islands. Not all of it is spicy... but a lot of it certainly is." she warned.

"I do like trying desserts too. it's a nice touch to the flare that my dinners usually offer." she took a drink of water again after getting it refilled. She definitely enjoyed the stuff, despite being a firebender.
Mood: Subdued
Condition: Fine
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:37 pm

"Desserts are my favorite part," Jurishe laughs, "It's a good thing that my mother never made any sweets... I would have sunk the boat on my way here, if it was easily accessible!"

Oh yes, if she were able to eat anything she wanted, it would be sweets; day in and day out. Sweet tooth? All of hers were sweet teeth, undeniably. Still, if she couldn't get it, Jurishe wouldn't complain. She did like other foods, as well - her favorites that weren't sweet were seal and whale.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled. "I haven't had desserts very often. when I was a little girl though, my parents would surprise us with desserts--never telling us what they were until they had arrived in front of us to eat. it was always a pleasant surprise... so any time I got dessert... I always kinda wanted to be surprised again. y'know...?"

it was fine if Juri thought it was a silly idea. But, Katara felt like it was a safe thing to say in front of her anyways. It was just another of her quirks.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm

"That's really cute," Jurishe told her after a moment, "And that you have something like that to remember... it's really nice. Yeah?" She smiles - she's been doing that a lot, in Katara's company.

Then, it becomes a grin, "My mother couldn't hide anything from me, when she tried to do a surprise... and then my father stopped trying to; he'd just answer my questions because he knew I'd find out, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled. "thanks. I..."
she really was at something of a loss for words as to what to say next. for a moment she seemed to be thinking, and then chuckled after hearing about Jurishe's parents.

"haha... I was always the curious one who would cover my eyes any time they told me to. I liked surprises back then. Not the ones that startle me... but you know..."
she trailed off, still in a good mood.
"So are we going to get some dessert?" she asked
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Jurishe held both hands up, in a kind of shielding motion, shaking her head, "I'll pass... You go ahead; I think I've had enough food surprises for one day!" She follows up with a laugh.

Then, with a soft sigh, she brushes her loose hairs back, "I guess we should try the market again. Hopefully the crowds are gone now; it is past midday. We'll be quick, anyway, hopefully."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "don't worry... Fire Nation desserts aren't too spicy. well... most of them anyways... but alright, alright."
Katara played with a few of her curls for a moment. "alright... to the market!" she agreed, standing up and pushing her chair in with one had as she grabbed her cane with the other hand. "besides... I believe I need to find some drums so I can give you that performance I owe you."

she was serious about that too. She would show her skills off, not to boast, but becuase she had promised to do so. Besides... she liked music too.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Jurishe rose as well, happily unencumbered by that heavy pack she usually lugged around. Sliding her chair back under the table as well, she went to hold the door open for Katara. "Drums are on the list," She reminds her teasingly, "I wouldn't miss a chance to hear you play!"

Moving through the streets, back to the market, Jurishe was delighted to find that the market was, in fact, no longer very crowded at all. The early birds had all gone, leaving a few afternoon stragglers; it shouldn't pick up again until the early evening. "Perfect!" She exclaimed at the lack of people.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Of course!" Katara chuckled. "I made a promise. I was not about to let it slide by. Besides... it's not like playing drums is a chore or anything... haha."
Katara had a different aura about her now that was not present when they had first met. She seemed... happier.

Katara was similarly glad to notice that the sounds of the market had died down, and that it was quieter. it meant less people, and thus Katara did not get edgy. "Let me know if there's any place that sells musical instruments." she replied, once again asking Juri to be her eyes for her. "and I'll keep my word."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Moving down along the stalls, Jurishe pointed out a silk vendor, then a toymaker. Soon enough, she had bought all the medical supplies that she had to replace, as well as a small second knife, a water pouch and even several bags of dried meat and dried fruit.

"I still don't see any -- instruments!" Before she could even say it, a large horn caught her attention. At the stall, a whole variety of instruments lay out upon a spread blanket, or hung from the rafters, each one beautiful. "Come on," She calls out to Katara, already moving toward the vendor so that her friend would know which way to move; she doesn't get too far ahead, though.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara followed her, although was not really one to buy much, since she had what she needed with her for the most part. She was going to buy those drums though. For a moment, she was discouraged when Jurishe said she couldn't find any, but her face lit up after she heard the exclamation. Following right behind her friend, she made sure to ask the most obvious question.

"Do they have drums?" she grinned, eager to try them if they did. She had plenty fo money, so that wasn't even an issue.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

"There are a couple different kinds," She responded with an unseen (for Katara) nod, "There are... two big, tall ones linked together, there's a really small one, and there's two with - three, four, five - five drums linked together!" Jurishe had no idea that this many different drums even existed.

"I'm not sure which one you'd want... Do you want to feel them, so you can decide?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara tapped her hands on the various drums to hear their sounds. She did also invest a few coins in some drumsticks, because She wanted to go all out here.

"I think I'll go with this one," she pointed at the largest set, "the more the merrier." she declared as she began fishing out the right number of coins to pay for such a thing. "And then... just as I have promised... I'll give you that show." she chuckled.
Mood: Happy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Briefly, Jurishe wondered how they were going to travel with such a thing, because it was so big and so much, but her friend seemed so happy. Katara's smile was so bright, she couldn't bring it up. Instead, she just smiled, ready to listen.

"Would you like me to do anything?" She does offer, however, before sitting down or getting comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Z. Katara Len

the thought of how it was going to be carried did cross Katara's mind for a moment, although after paying for it, the vendor mentioned that the drums could open up and stack inside each other like Russian dolls. (not his exact words but eh). that would make things a little easier at least.

"well... help me get back to the room," she chuckled, after packing it all and carrying it on her back. she might have been thin, but she was also surprisingly strong for a scrawny little kid. She wasn't malnourished or anything after all anyways. "I'm ready when you are."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm

"Then let's go," Was all that Jurishe had to say, though happily. Rather than just lead the way, she reached for Katara's hand, guiding her along that way, around the fountain, past all of the other market stalls and back to the room. Pushing the door open, she allowed the other girl to enter first, following just after and shutting the door behind.

"I can help you set it up, too," She offers.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled and nodded, letting Jurishe take her hand and lead her back. her cane was in her other hand, as she was not about to forget that.
Unsurprisingly, Jurishe led them back to her room, which was exactly what Katara had assumed would happen. Why wouldn't she?

"Aye, if you want." Katara nodded, taking it down and opening them up, getting the components out. "actually... that might be for the best, especially if there is any fine-tuning to do or whatnot."
After all, Katara was blind, and it wasn't like she magically knew how to set up drums. her parents had done so for her in her childhood, but that was years ago.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

While Jurishe did take the drums from Katara, she set them up as exactly as she could remember from back at the instruments stall. However, when she was satisfied with that, she ran into a slight dilemma... She had no idea what sort of 'fine tuning' drums (or any other instruments) might possibly need. So, after checking each drum, she found nothing wrong and hoped that it had been enough.

"All set," She told Katara, lightly tapping the top of one of the drums. The chair was set up, in case her friend wanted it, as well.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara felt each of the drums, familiar enough with certain mechanics as to be able to find them and play by ear. once everything was good, she grinned at her friend.
"Now..." she smiled, "watch... or perhaps better yet... listen."

she sat down, cracking her knuckles, kicking off her shoes, and producing her drumsticks. She started off with a slow beat, only using one drum, but adding more and more and getting progressively faster, staying with the rhythm. her eyes had shut, and she seemed passionate and almost in her own little world as she banged her head to the beat.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Though she had only ever heard one kind of music - the music of her Tribe - Jurishe found that she really liked Katara's drum playing. Even if it was different, it made her want to get up and move, so she did. Rising from her spot on the bed, she began to dance; her swaying didn't really match with the music, but no one was there to judge her, so she danced anyway.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara continued for several minutes, enjoying herself. She could tell that Jurishe had gotten up to move around, presumably to dance. While she could not see her friend move, she wished she could get up there and dance with her. She technically could, but there would be no beat. Ah well... she was sure her friend was having fun.

Afrter a few minutes she finished with a bang, setting the sticks down on one of the larger drums, and then getting up to see what Jurishe thought.
"how was it?" she smiled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:36 pm

"It was great!" Jurishe exclaimed happily, her movements slowing before she went still, "I've never heard any music like that, before. I really liked it; it's so different from Water Tribe music." Moving back, she takes a seat on the bed. "I wasn't making too much noise, was I? Throwing you off while I was dancing, or anything?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Z. Katara Len

"not at all." Katara chuckled, "I hardly heard you the drums were loud enough... but I'm glad that you had fun dancing. I bet I would too>"
she hugged her happily, having had a wonderful day.

"So... what do we have planned for the rest of the evening?" she asked, "I don't have too many ideas, although I would like to dance or something or maybe play some more." referring to her drums. She was not exactly good at thinking of things to do with another person, having been alone for so long.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:08 pm

"I could... try to play something, so that you could dance," She offers, gesturing at the drums, though it's clear she doesn't think she can, "I might be able to at least play a steady beat? Or something." Moving over to the drum set, she takes a seat, slowly tapping at one of the drums. Then, after a moment, she taps a little faster, though her rhythm is off.

"...Yeah, you play much better," She concedes easily.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled, although knew that Jurishe was right. the lack of a proper beat almost triggered an OCD in Katara, but she did not react unusually.

"don't worry... I'm sure you do plenty of things better than me too... like reading." she quipped. Blindness might have been an unfortunate trait to have, but Katara generally took the best of it and just ignored the rest of it. If she was stuck with it, might as well get a few laughs.

"Ah, it's okay. I'm sure there will be plenty of other times and places where I can dance."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next