The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Healing Trust - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:55 pm

"I'll... join you," Jurishe smiles, taking Katara's hand as it was offered, figuring that it would be best to stay close, "I haven't danced in a long time; it should be fun!"

Her dancing wasn't great - mostly consisting of swaying her hips - but she had been watching the people of Shu Jing, so she thought that maybe she'd give it a shot. Really, a few of their dancing moves looked like bending; maybe that would help her?
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Z. Katara Len

"yay!" Katara squealed happily, helping pull Jurishe up onto the stage.
Katara's dance moves did look a lot like expression and/or some types of bending moves. It was certainly not a traditional style of dance, but her moves were very fluid and expressive motions, from swaying her hips to bending or extending her legs to various expressive poses. Even cuter was her happy little expression through all of this. Katara clearly loved to dance.
Mood: Very Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 pm

On the other hand, Jurishe looked a little awkward. While she had observed the dancing, she seemed unsure of how to make the movements flow together. She also didn't have Katara's happy disposition to excuse her floundering, so the effect was a lot harsher.

Finally giving up, she chose to resort to going through her waterbending techniques; without actually bending any water, of course. The result was actually a decently fluid dance, which made her smile, going through the motions.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara's movements continued to be like a lively flame dancing to the rhythms around it, and she was unaware of any crowds or lack thereof. she flitted and twirled and bent and swung. She had her eyes closed, peacefully enjoying herself as she wildly danced her night away, so to speak.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 pm

After a while, Jurishe called to Katara, "I'm going to go stand off to the side; head to your left, when you're finished." After making sure that her friend heard and understood, she moved away from the dancing and hopped off the stage, waiting on the grass.

It was far too hot here, for her, to continue any kind of movement for too long. It annoyed her because, back home, she could have danced all night. Or hunted, or sparred with other waterbenders, or anything else that was needed. Here... she felt almost sapped of her strength, if she went at more than a walk.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Z. Katara Len

"alright." Katara smiled, remembering which direction Jurishe went off in so that she would not lose track if she spun around a few more times, which she did. She continued her impressive performance for a few more minutes, before slowly moving towards the end of the stage,, testing gently with her feet where the platform ended so she could hop off of it and approach Jurishe. She thankfully did not have to grope around with her hands, as that might have been awkward if she grabbed someone on accident.

"That was fun." she smiled, after finding Juri. "we should do this more often in the towns we pass through." she grinned, sitting down next to her.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 pm

"Of course!" came the happy answer, "We should have at least one girls night in every town we go through; how does that sound?"

Despite being too hot to dance for long, Jurishe really had enjoyed herself. She had been shopping, dancing, tried new food, and was now ready to head back to the room, to get ready for bed. After that... perhaps it was time to head on and see something new. The festival would, surely, be the high point of Shu Jing.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Aye, definitely!" Katara eagerly agreed, "the more girl's nights... the better. I like them."
Yep, Katara liked girly things, and was not afraid to admit it. she stood up, offering her hand to Juri, hoping that she'd take it.

"I suppose we should get back. maybe we can have a few bedtime stories in our pajamas again or something." she said softly and with a giggle. She was very fond of Juri, and especially of the friendship they had formed. Katara was a difficult woman to make friends with, but those who broke through her outer shell would have a friend for the rest of their lives.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 pm

"Ah, ah," Jurishe chides playfully, taking Katara's hand to lead her back, "I told the last two stories; it's your turn to tell me a new one."

The walk home wouldn't take long, with the streets empty; everyone was behind them, at the festival. This far away from the square, it would also be nice and quiet, giving no hints that a party was in full swing across town.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara did take a deep breath that seemed a little like a disguised sigh of relief as the noises subsided. "but you collect stories... I don't have very many!" she countered. She had plenty, and even a decent little handful of life stories that were not dreadful or horrific. She just did not think very much about her past because of the traumatizing events that had happened in it.

provided that nothing happened along the way, soon they found themselves in front of Katara's room, with her unlocking the door to go in, holding it for her friend.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 pm

"But I've only ever gotten to collect stories from my Tribe!" She countered the argument, "So, really, I don't have very many yet, either. That's why I need to hear yours!"

Jurishe grinned as the banter went back and forth; she enjoyed being with someone her own age, again, even if she were a little older. That, and she really did need to hear more Fire Nation stories... She'd only heard the one, so far.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed, closing the door behind them, and trying to reach behind her to undo her dress, those dainty dancing slippers also still on her feet, "but my stories are just from the Fire Nation," she shook her head, "and I'm just a kid..."

she wasn't about to say 'and I have terrible traumatic stories', as she was able to shuffle them out of her mind for the most part.
"Should I undo my hair?" she asked, "and is there any particular way this dress comes off?" she didn't want to pull at it the wrong way or anything. She was also trying to think of a story, a distinct one coming to her mind slowly and surely.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Reaching out, Jurishe took hold of the back of the gown, "Let me just loosen it... and then I can unbutton it for you; then it should slide right off." Her fingers shuffled down the back of Katara's dress, quickly opening it up. Then, when she reached the golden clip, she pulled it loose, and it allowed the dress to slide right down to the floor.

"I could take your hair out, too, if you don't want to sleep on the ponytail part," She offers, releasing the silky fabric of the dress to move back, sitting on the edge of the bed.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Z. Katara Len

"alright." she smiled. Katara had remembered that much at least. It was not like only blind girls ever asked with help on their dresses. She stands still as her dress is undone, and it slides rather easily off of her thin frame after it was loosened appropriately. The undergarments she had on were of a more Fire Nation design, revealing more skin than the (oddly) Water Tribe styled ones she had worn the first day they had met. She stepped out of her dress, folding it neatly, those cute slippers still on her feet.

"Oh... that would be nice!" she smiled. "I do love it, but I feel that if I slept with it in, it would become catastrophic overnight!" she laughed. "thank you!"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:01 pm

"It's uncomfortable, at the very least," Jurishe supplied, from experience, "No girl in my Tribe would want to sleep with her hair coiffed... It feels like pins and needles in your scalp, the next day."

The one time she had done it as a young teen - hoping to save time the next day, doubtless - her head had stayed in pain until her mother had concocted a particularly foul-scented ointment to lessen it. To this day, she could remember the smell, but she didn't know how to make it, herself. Instead, she went without the elaborate styles; it was just easier, that way.

Ushering Katara to the chair, she pulled the tie out and expertly unwound the braids, letting the young girl's hair fall free. There were crimps that started from her scalp and extended several inches, from being braided while wet. The sight made Jurishe giggle slightly, "That's quite a style, in itself!"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled softly as she was led to a chair, where she plopped down with a light 'thump'. "well... I've worn my hair down for almost my entire life... this is new to me, and so I believe it. I'd rather not experience those problems myself if they can be averted by putting my hair down..."

She grinned, feeling her hair as Jurishe undid it. "I bet it looks awesome!" she said excitedly, "and that actually kind of feels good... kind of like a scalp massage." she smiled sweetly. She really appreciated what Jurishe did for her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 pm

"Having someone else do your hair is one of the best things," Jurishe agrees, "My mother used to do mine, and then let it down; until I was about fourteen. Then she made me learn to do it myself." Then, undoing the final braid, "She said that it was because I was old enough to 'take interest and pride in my personal appearance'... but I think that she was just sick of me bemoaning the time it took."

Then, after a laugh: "Mind you, she wouldn't let me leave it DOWN."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "my mom tried that for a brief period of time..." she nodded, "and then my dad called her out on it, pointing out that my mother had some of the messiest disasters of curls that he had ever seen, and he insisted that his baby girl be the same way. My mother relented because she couldn't even get her own hair right." she laughed.

she enjoyed the near-scalp-massage-like feeling that had come from her undoing her hair, and almost wished it could last longer. she did smile though. "thanks..." she grinned. "how do I look?"
The burns had healed, the cuts were basically gone, and there was that skinny little dark-skinned teenager in some red underwear and a pair of dancing slippers with cascades of dark brown curls dominating her back. upon her scarred face and in those blank eyes was a lively expression that quite resembled a happy smile.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 pm

"Your burns and cuts are gone!" Jurishe tells her, delighted, "It's like they were never there!" Her own happiness in having healed the smaller girl so completely had distracted her for several minutes as she inspected the mostly-smoothed over areas of her skin.

Soon, she remembered the other questions and answered; "Your hair is definitely really pretty," Jurishe smiles, "I like the kinks and curls a lot, especially the way it lets it fall a little further across your shoulders." She points that out, reaching out to gently tug on a lock of Katara's hair.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara's face lit up. "yay!" she squealed with delight. "that means you did a very good job healing me! thank you so much!" she sprung up to hug the older girl happily, state of undress be damned.

she giggled cutely as Jurishe played with her hair. "I'm glad you like it. I really like it... and I really like when people play with it. it reminds me of my mother a bit." she said with a friendly smile.
Link:

Last edited by Katara on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Jurishe smiled for a moment, hugging the other girl close before letting her loose. "Speaking of your burns," She begins, helping Katara find the chair so that she could sit down, "Have you ever thought about finding someone to help you control your bending?" She tries to ask as gently as possible.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was gently led to a chair, where she plopped back down again, still devoid of most of her clothing (and still A-OK with it xB).
"I... I have thought about it before..." she shrugged, swinging her feet idly, "although I do not know where... or who. I am not very good with people..." she confessed shyly.

"although you probably knew that." she chuckled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Jurishe nods, humming slightly. "I wouldn't really know where we should go, either, to find someone," She very clearly includes herself in this plan, "But it might help; at least with keeping your burn count down."

Then, reaching over, she tugged on another of Katara's curls, "You know I'd be there with you, to meet them - and even for your training, if you wanted me to stay."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "well... I'm sure we'll find someone sooner or later. There have to be people in the world that know and that could help us."

she giggled softly when she touched her curls. "I..." she said softly. "I would like that. I could always use a friend." she said sincerely.
"and I like when you play with my hair... can you do it some more?" she asked, blushing a little for the strangeness of the question. "sorry... it's just... well aye. I like it a lot."
and it reminded her of her mother--a woman who Katara liked being reminded of.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 am

Starting to brush her fingers through Katara's curls, almost like she was brushing her hair, she continued: "I don't even know where we could find a firebending master... Do they have a temple, or a city? - Or even a committee hall?" The last was said with clear humor, trying to make her friend smile, at least, if not bring forth a chuckle.

Thought she was joking about the committee hall, Jurishe was very serious about finding a bender to help Katara. She couldn't imagine what she would be like, if the water hurt her each time she tried to bend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next