The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Healing Trust - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:13 am

Nodding, trying to keep a smile on her face despite the tears, Jurishe agrees. "Of course. I promise," She vows.

Promises were dangerous things, and one should never take them lightly. Jurishe did not, but the funny thing about time was that as it dragged on, more and more changed, and that often got in the way of promises. That was life. But for as long as she could, she would honor the promise that she made then, to her friend.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:20 am

Z. Katara Len

"I am in your debt..." she said softly, giving the older girl a squeeze yet again.
This was Katara's way of saying that she would be and would remain a loyal friend to Jurishe for as long as it would remain a reasonable thing to do. So... provided that she did not go crazy or anything, Katara would honor that promise.

Katara slowly smiled, trying to shift the subject over to something they could smile about.
"Also... I think you would make a promising dancer... I... thank you for that again as well."
not exactly a charismatic one, the subject shift might have been awkward for how suddenly Katara attempted it. But... there was no "un-saying" what she had said.
Mood: Tearfully Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:24 am

Her awkward words did pull a smile from Jurishe, as well as a short, small laugh. "Well, unfortunately, I'd rather be a story-collector, than a dancer. But thank you," She gives the smaller girl a tight squeeze, "You'd be a better dancer than I would - you're all twirls and smiles!"

Thankfully, it seemed that the awkward, sad moment of feels might actually pass.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled weakly, and held her little smile.
"Well... I love to dance. I'd go run outside and dance happily right now... but I'm not wearing any clothes." she blushed, but laughed at herself, as she was often willing to do. She of course had her underwear on, but not even Katara was about to go running out like that.

"We can still dance though, right? I liked when you danced with me too, you know."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 am

"You going outside to dance in your underwear would be detrimental to the health of any boy who wandered by and tried to watch," Jurishe told her seriously, trying to deadpan the way she had. Katara wouldn't see her grin, which would have ruined the effect.

Then, more seriously, "I loved dancing with you. I just don't think that there's enough room in here..."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:38 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed for a moment.
"I look that bad, uh?" she remarked in a similarly deadpan tone, although she was grinning as well, which would be the giveaway that she was playing along and was not trying to say nor insinuate that she was ugly. She trusted Juri on this one.

"I loved dancing too... especially when you were there..."
she whispered, as if expecting someone to hear them. "besides... you watch the crowds for me... that really helps a girl who is afraid of them."
She was still wrapped lovingly around Jurishe, and would not likely move for a while or until the older girl felt it necessary for them to part (or perhaps came up with something that would get Katara to move)
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:47 am

"It would be bad for their health because they'd be washed away in a torrent of water," She elaborates, poking Katara's nose, "Because I would be very angry."

"But!" Her tone changed, becoming lighter, "I was thinking that, maybe tomorrow, we could head on out and look for another festival, in another town, with different music to dance to and different food to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara giggled, even childishly, which meant she was happy again. "I've got your back too, y'know... just because I'm blind and can't bend doesn't mean I'm not a fighter."
It was true. Her dad had taught her self-defense from a very young age, and while it had not been enough to fend off the madmen who captured her (and greatly outnumbered and outclassed her at the time), she was still fairly competent against one or two people at a time, which, for a teenager, wasn't shabby.

"I like the idea!" she smiled. "I only paid for two nights anyways. I don't like staying in one place for very long either..."
she paused. "any ideas of where to go? There are plenty of towns I figure... but I dunno where or what they are called..."
Mood: Happy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 am

"I haven't seen much of the Fire Kingdom, so we could go to another town nearby... I'd like to see the Capitol, at some point, as well as the floating city, and maybe the island where firebending started, if that's all okay?"

While she didn't have one, Jurishe had looked at a map, before venturing deeper into the Fire Nation on her own. She would want to purchase one on their way out of town, however. It would be useful, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 am

Z. Katara Len

"It's fine with me." she smiled. "I like to travel."
She did not want to mention her house in the capital, mostly because that would just incite unnecessary curiosity. She figured it was big enough that it would be able to be avoided. Katara checked back in just enough to keep it in her "family", and liked it that way.

"as long as we can dance." she winked one of her glazed white eyes.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 am

"If we can't dance, we won't be staying!" Jurishe proclaims, very seriously, "I wouldn't want to visit anywhere that won't let us let loose and live a little... So long as it's not in our underwear."

Speaking of which... Detangling herself from Katara, she stood beside the bed and started to strip. Her boots and pants came off first, followed by her shirt and socks. "There we go!" She smiles brightly, now in only her sarashi, "Much more comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:08 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed again, something Jurishe was getting better and better at triggering. She liked it.
"Good!" she agreed, "I wouldn't have it any other way. Although you're right about the underwear... no dancing that way!"

she giggled as she heard her friend strip down. "but storytime... storytime and relaxing time... those should be in our underwear. maybe we should even ban outer clothing from those events altogether!" she joked, although was somewhat serious. She was already in her underwear, and so she did not feel the need to undress any further
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 am

"Oh, you wanna hear another of my stories?" She asks, curiously, "Or did you have another for me? I'd love to hear another."

Either one was fine with Jurishe; she enjoyed hearing and telling stories, all the same. Any that Katara would give her, especially about herself, would be very welcome indeed. She enjoyed hearing more and more about her friend, as time - however brief - went on.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 am

Z. Katara Len

"well... now that we're both in our underwear... sure." she chuckled. "do you have one you'd like to tell? I'd like to hear a little about your life if you can./ otherwise... I am fine with the other stories you've collected. the Water Tribes have always intrigued me."

Maybe that old witch was part of why... but Katara was being sincere here.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:23 am

For a moment, Jurishe was very hesitant - she hadn't really discussed the one large event in her life with anyone. Then, she had to remind herself that Katara had shared much more, with her, and that she was being stupid over it.

"Alright..." She ventured, finally, "There's really only one thing worth telling, but I've never told it to anyone else before. Ever." The last 'ever' was so that Katara would understand the gravity of the divulged information, for her.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:26 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's face straightened, as if to understand the severity of the situation.
"well... you don't have to if you are not comfortable with it. you probably noticed that there are some stories of mine that I am not comfortable with sharing just yet... don't worry."

she was looking Juri right in the eyes with a sincere expression on her face--or would have been looking if she was not blind.
"don't tell it if you think it would bring back bad memories..." she indicated, having plenty of experience in that department herself.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 am

"I want to confide in you," Jurishe admits, deflating slightly, "It's just... hard. So, I wanted you to know that, before I started. Okay?" Her voice sounded so small and cautiously hopeful.

Drawing her legs up to her chest, hugging them to her body, she gets comfortable, ready to speak. It was clearly a defensive state, though for herself, rather than to be against Katara. "Ready?" She asks, in a more steady voice, reaching up to brush her hair back.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:33 am

Z. Katara Len

"hey..." she said sincerely, "as long as you are doing this because you want to... then by all means. I am a loyal friend to those who take the time to get to know me. You are no exception. Of that you can be certain."

she got comfortable as well. "I am ready when you are. you are stronger than I am for being able to share it then... because I could not do that with some of my tales..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 am

With half a smile at those words, Jurishe takes a breath, beginning her tale. "When I was a child, I was picked on, a lot. It sounds really stupid now, but then, I didn't understand. I stopped playing with the other kids, and just stayed with my mother, during the day."

After a pause, to make sure that Katara is following, she continues, "My mother was friends with another woman, within our tribe - they had been since they were children. So one day, I went with her, for a visit, and learned that my mom's friend had a son, my age." There was another pause, "His name was Takeshi, and he couldn't go outside; his heart was too weak to endure the cold."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara might have been blind, but her glazed eyes were open and she was paying close attention to Juri's words, understanding how serious this story must be and how important and meaningful it must have been for her to tell it to a girl who she had only met a couple of days ago. Granted, their friendship had escalated rapidly to the point where Katara considered Jurishe her best friend.

She nodded slowly to indicate that she understood what the older woman was saying. She had an unusual condition with her bending (or so it seemed) but it was not debilitating to that degree. She just preferred the company of her mother and father and siblings. That was why she had not had any friends before her childhood was annihilated.

with another soft nod as if to say 'go on', Katara stayed quiet, perhaps out of respect.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 am

"He and I didn't become friends quite as quickly as you and I have," Her smile returns, "It took several more visits, but we grew to like one another eventually. Our parents were happy that we'd each finally made a friend."

Taking in a deep breath, Jurishe let it out in a shuddering sigh, "Well, he couldn't go outside, so he'd ask me about it, and I'd try to tell him stories. I'd go and ask for more to tell him, every day before I went over. Sometimes I'd have to make them up, but I think he could always tell when they were my stories."

"Then, he just... got worse. They said that he'd only live a few years, but we were thirteen when he got really bad. It was hard for him to even sit up, or eat."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara listened attentively, mentally noting that this was probably why Jurishe was a collector of stories. She certainly approved of it, as she felt sympathy for the poor boy who could not so much as leave the house.

her face started to gradually drop as she heard the story progress.
"What... what happened to him?" she said with a frown. She felt that if this story was difficult to tell, that she already knew how it must have ended...
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 am

"I kept bringing him stories... I started making him promise to stay for the next one, so that he would get to hear it. I was terrified of running out of them; like they were the only thing that kept him alive," With a wry laugh, she shakes her head, "It's... it's stupid, but I almost hoped that they were, because he would have lived a lot longer."

Though it was the only thing that had really happened, as opposed to Katara's several misfortunes, that only made it harder for Jurishe to continue. "Takeshi passed away a year later, just before he turned fifteen... I was with him, at the time."

Tears had gathered in her eyes, threatening to spill with each word she spoke. "He didn't do anything differently, that morning, than any other morning. He asked me for a story, and I made one up; it was about a boy and a girl - modeled after the two of us," She stops, reaching up to wipe at her eyes, "When I finished, he asked if they ever got married, someday... I wasn't sure what to say."

"He smiled at me... and then he was gone."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 am

Z. Katara Len

It was just as she suspected, although bracing for what she knew was coming did not help her a great deal. Katara sighed softly, feeling bad for this poor child, and feeling bad for Jurishe. She hugged her older companion.

"I... I am sorry for your losses." She said softly. "it is difficult... losing those that you love--to events that are beyond your control. They go too soon... and even if you appreciate them for the lives they lived... it's hard knowing that you cannot get them back..."

Katara felt this strongly in her own life, which was how she was able to so easily explain this. However, she directed it at Juri this time, as this was about her, and Katara did not want to steal that from her.
Mood: Somber
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 am

She embraced her friend, taking comfort in her embrace. Jurishe allowed the story to end there, though there was one more thing that she hadn't said. Truthfully, she had long ago come to terms with most of the story - the pieces that she had revealed to Katara now - but not the last.

"I wish that he could have lived a better life," She admits, "He died without ever going outside and lived through my stories... I hated that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next