The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Healing Trust - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:46 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled, giving her friend a friendly squeeze.
"I..." she scratched her head, "I don't know, to tell the truth... what can we do in here, really?"
She asked since neither one seemed to want to get their clothes back on, which was totally fine with Katara and everything too. However, that limited her options a little... but she was sure they'd think of something.

She grinned playfully, rubbing Jurishe's back softly--appreciatively. "Uh... we could..." she paused.
"I'm at a loss." she shook her head, chuckling sheepishly, but quite okay with their idea of not being ready to go out on the town yet.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Excited
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:50 am

"How about..." Jurishe trails off, thinking, herself. She glances around the room, looking for some choice inspiration. "How about this," She ventures, "You told me a story yesterday; I'll tell one today, and then we can head out to see the city, get lunch, and hit the market. Does that sound good?"

She wasn't sure which story she'd tell, but there must be one that Katara hadn't heard before, from the Water Tribes.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:56 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, giving her friend another hug, pressing her warmth against Jurishe's, and doing so in an unsuggestive manner. "oooh. story time? should I get comfortable then?" she giggled.

She was already getting into a sitting position on the floor where they were, leaning against the wall to keep her back somewhat straight. She had heard a few stories from the Water Tribe, but not too many. most of hers came from her native Fire Nation.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:06 am

Jurishe took a higher spot on the edge of the bed, "Well, I could tell you a short one, a long one... or both," She offers, looking down at Katara, "You've probably already heard the long one, though - just to warn you."

Taking her hair clip out, she brushed her fingers through her hair, getting it untangled before twisting it all back up into place. She secures the clip in its place, letting it hold her hair.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:11 am

Z. Katara Len

"I like long stories." she smiled. "tell me whatever you feel like best giving me the tale of."
Evidence of Katara's patience was apparent from earlier during the time when she was being healed and also during the time when Jurishe untangled and then did up her hair.

Katara leaned back, closing her eyes. "don't worry. I won't fall asleep. I just don't need my eyes to be open to pay attention, y'know? unless it'd be better?"
She was paying attention, but it might have looked like she wasn't, and she didn't want to come off as rude in that regard. Otherwise, despite one of her hands idly twirling some fingers between a few curls, she was waiting to hear a story.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:21 am

Jurishe laughs, at that, "Nah, it's alright if you close them. I know you're still there."

Straightening, she decides to tell her the shorter of the stories, first, to see what she thought of it, before going into the other. "Alright... So, on a sandy beach, far away from the glaciers - " It was a Water Tribe story, after all, "A little girl found hundreds of thousands of creatures called 'starfish', washed up into the sand." She paused, then, waiting for any questions that might arise, from that imagery.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:27 am

Z. Katara Len

"alright." she smiled and closed her eyes again. her eyelids were not safe from those grizzly scars that ran across her eyes, but her face sort of seemed neutralize them to the point where she still looked quite cute. Her age was never really clear, as Katara never liked being clear with her age at first. She looked anywhere from about 15 to 19 though.

Katara was familiar with beaches, being from the islands and all that. she nodded slowly to show that she was visualizing what she was hearing. "go on..." she whispered sweetly.
Condition: Comfortable
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 am

Once she gave the okay, Jurishe continued, "Well, the starfish needed to be in the water, and would die on the beach, if they were left much longer. So the little girl stooped down and carefully picked up a drying starfish before it shriveled up... and she threw it, back into the waves." Her voice had changed, as she was telling the story, becoming soft, and changing pace as the tale continues.

"As she watched, it wiggled, regaining the color it had lost to the sun, and floated away, alive and well."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara was quiet, and her eyes might have been closed, but she was paying attention, nodding slowly to acknowledge that she had heard in clarity what had been said. She did not feel the urge to speak herself, as she did not want to interrupt the story. She liked the sound of Jurishe's voice though. Maybe it was because of their relationship. Nothing quite said "best friends" like two girls telling stories in their underwear. xD
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:43 am

"So, encouraged by her success, the little girl picked up another one, just as carefully as before, and tossed it back into the waves..." Jurishe continued, when her friend was quiet, "She saved thousands of the starfish this way, all by herself, continuing on as best she could, telling herself that each of the lives that she saved was important."

"But then, another person stepped onto the beach. He was an older man, who had seen nothing but horror in the world, and he spotted the little girl in the distance. Walking toward her, he saw the dying starfish... but instead of helping her, he crossed his arms, calling it a futile task."

"He told the little girl, 'This makes no difference; you can't save them all'."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:46 am

Z. Katara Len

This story suddenly hit very close to home for Katara. The fact that so many of her friends and loved ones had laid down their lives to protect her, whether intentional or not, was something that meant a lot to her. It meant that she could not just throw away all of their efforts so hastily.

"even if she can't though... what about the ones she COULD save?" Katara couldn't help but pipe up, but was still listening to the story.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 am

"That's exactly what she said," Jurishe told her warmly, her smile broadening at the question. Every time she'd told this story to the children of the Water Tribe, they'd asked the exact same thing.

"First, her eyes met his, and she stared at him. Resting gently in her palms was another starfish, struggling to stay alive. Looking back at it, she gently tossed it into the water, once again watching, as it regained color and floated gently away."

Pausing for just a moment, Jurishe lets her voice change, just slightly, as she speaks for the little girl; "...'I can try to save them all,' She told him, looking up with strength and determination in her eyes. Then, she continued on her quest, retrieving another starfish with the same calm, gentle hold and toss as before." It seemed, however, that the story wasn't over, just yet.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 am

Z. Katara Len

"ahh..." Katara nodded, calming back down, closing her eyes again. Now the story made sense, and so she was willing to listen patiently to how it ended. For while this seemed like a suitable ending for the story, it seemed that, based on the tone of her voice, that it was not over just yet.

Katara's hand was still idly twirling one of her pretty curls.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:25 am

"The man bristled at her answer," She told Katara softly, "And claimed that she would fail her quest. He thought that, surely, after telling her just how difficult it would be, and how long it would take, she would give up." Then, her grin was audible as she continued, "But we know how stubborn we girls can be, right?"

"Her only response was to continue, at the same pace, with the same gentle touches, and four more had been saved, before she answered, confidently, 'We'll see'." The story ended on that powerful, simple quote.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shook her head. "she would not fail. For the ones she saved... she had succeeded. at least.... I think?"

She decided to close her mouth again so that Jurishe could finish the story. She definitely had Katara's attention with it. after it was finished, Katara smiled.
"that... it was a good story. It meant a lot to me." she said in her sincerity.

Mood: Interested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:37 am

"If she'd have been a waterbender, she could really have shut that guy up," Jurishe laughed, giving Katara a wink that she couldn't even see, "One big wave, right?" Stretching her back out, she gave a slight sigh.

"I've always loved that story... To keep trying, and to save as many people as you can; that's how I'd like to live."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:40 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed, "so it wasn't a story about you then... still... I'll make sure to never mess with you next to an ocean then..."

she paused, sighing dreamily. "to save as many people as you can... aye. that is a noble goal for sure."
it had her thinking about those she had lost and she wondered for a moment if she could have saved them. She had been a little child, but that didn't dismiss the thoughts from her head even then.

"you said you had a longer story too?" she asked, not necessarily trying to change the subject... but it was storytime, and Katara liked storytime.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 am

"I've never seen a sandy beach, but if there are starfish washed up and dying, I'd hope you'd start helping me throw them back!" She teases.

At her question, however, she nods. "You may have heard this one... since it was a story connected to the previous Avatar," Jurishe begins, "It's the story of the boy who loved the moon." It was, in fact, a somewhat widespread story, but a good one, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled again. "of course I would. what sort of friend wouldn't help a friend?" It just seemed like common logic to her. Katara followed simple things like that.

"I've heard parts of it and about it... but not much. msot of my bedtime stories were naturally from the Fire Nation, you know..."
she scooted a little bit to get comfortable, "looking" up at Jurishe with an interested smile on her face, ready to hear what she had to tell.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:03 am

"Well, alright," She brightened, as this was another one of her favorites, "The story happens mostly in the Northern Water Tribe, but the boy came from the same Tribe as I do. I used to hear it a lot, as a kid."

"Well, the princess of the Northern Water Tribe - Princess Yue - had the most beautiful snow-white hair that anyone had ever seen. When she was born, she didn't make a sound, and she wouldn't wake up; her parents feared that she was lost to them..." She pauses, and then, "So they prayed to the moon spirits."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:11 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara had heard a lot about these moon and ocean spirits, but did not understand them fully, being a foreigner as well as a young child, even now. She listened with interest, wondering if the white hair and the moon spirit thing were connected. she was sure they were.

"White hair sounds like it would be really pretty." she interjected.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 am

Jurishe nods, "It had never happened among our people, before. Princess Yue's father rested her in the moon spirits' pool, and they saved the baby, giving her a part of their own life... Once they had, her dark brown hair faded, taking on the sheen of the moon's light. That's why her parents chose the name 'Yue', for the moon."

This part of the story was largely skipped over, as it was mostly unimportant, but she added anyway, "Feeling that she had been saved for a reason, the Princess always knew that her duty was to her people, and would do her best to do good, by them, as she felt that the moon spirit would want her to do."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded again slowly. "so.. what happened to her? for someone so young to be blessed by a spirit... that sounds rather interesting."

the idea intrigued Katara, although she knew that she wasn't about to get blessed by a spirit and magically get her eyesight back or anything like that. Still... stories, true or fictional, were something that she did quite enjoy.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:49 am

"Well, when the avatar and his friends came to the Northern Water Tribe, she greeted them along with her father... and her eyes were drawn to a young warrior from the Southern sister Tribe," She explains, "She thought he was handsome, even as he only had eyes for her, clearly drawn to her as she was, to him. As the time drew on, he courted her lightly, becoming her friend and confidant - she told him about the moon spirits gift."

Then, the tone of her voice changed just slightly, "Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked... The city was under siege, but still the boy stayed by the princess' side as her protector. The fighting raged on for an entire day, only stopping as the moon rose into the sky, and the Fire Nation Army seemed to retreat."

"Little did they know, the Fire Nation admiral - a dishonorable man - planned to do the unthinkable," To her people, especially, it was a heinous act, "He would kill the water spirits, and remove the moon from the night sky."

"The moon spirits lay, now lifeless, beside their pool, in the form of black and white koi fish. The light of the newly risen moon had faded, leaving the sky dark, and the waterbenders defenseless without the power and pull of the full moon."

"When all seemed lost, the princess remembered how she had been allowed to live; she had been given life by the moon spirits. Perhaps, she thought, she could give it back." Jurishe paused, to allow the thought to sink in, before continuing, "When the battle was at its most hopeless, she returned the life that the spirits had bestowed upon her. Before she could fall, limp, to the ground, the boy caught her carefully, cradling her in his arms, crying for her sacrifice, her duty."

"Rather than fading away, as the moon had done, the princess was lifted up, about to become the moon itself... Her eyes met those of the boy she loved, and she bid him a final farewell, promising to always be with him."

A smile came to her face once again, "The end."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara listened to the whole story with interest, awe, and perhaps a little embarrassment given her own Fire Nation heritage. The days of propaganda were long over in the Fire Nation, but for Katara to know that those had been her people 80 years ago struck her as odd.

"A heroic sacrifice..." she mumbled softly, "so that another could live."
she closed her eyes. "I admire that. I really do."
it reminded her of her own mother, who was the last of Katara's family to lay down her life.

"That was a lovely story." she smiled. "sad... and happy... and lovely. Thank you for telling it to me." she nodded approvingly.
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next