The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Healing Trust - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 am

"I felt that... you needed to hear them both," Jurishe admits, a little awkwardly, "I don't know for sure what all has happened to you in your life, Katara, but I know that you keep going, and I admire that about you." She smiles, knowing that she was getting a bit sappy (even for her), "I'm glad that you liked them. Like I said; they're my favorite stories from my Tribe."

She stood, then, reaching for the clothes that she'd deposited on the bed, starting to pull them on. Tugging and tying them into place, she stretches, "On that note... the sun's high in the sky, now."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 am

Z. Katara Len

"well..." Katara smiled, slowly cracking as she stood up and stretched. "thank you. it... they meant a lot to me. I am glad that you were willing to share them with me. they are good, meaningful stories."

Katara paused, as if sensing the sun. She knew that some firebenders had heat senses, but she was not one of them. However, the sun was a big enough ball of heat and fire that Katara could sort of detect where it was, even from inside.
"hey... that it is. we should go out on the market then... fun times await!"
She said this while still in her underwear, although she moved to quickly get dressed, which she did in less than a minute.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Excited
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 am

Jurishe inspected her appearance, giving it a pass just as Katara finished dressing as well. Her second pair of clothes were almost exactly the same as the first, though with shorter sleeves, pants that reached just below her knees, and very slight shoes, rather than boots.

"All set?" She asked brightly, leaving her pack where it sat on the floor, intending to leave the heavy supplies behind today, as they shopped.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:15 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara didn't even check if her shirt was on backwards or not (which it wasn't.) her outfit was almost exactly identical to her other one, even the gloves (since the ones she had put on earlier had in fact been a different pair than the ones she had on last time).

"ready when you are." she slipped her purse over her shoulder, grabbing her cane. the rest of the stuff she had, she would come back for after the trip. "lead on, if you don't mind." she smiled. This was for simple and somewhat obvious reasons, being that Katara was blind.
Condition: Excited
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:23 am

Gently ushering her friend out the door, Jurishe lead the way to the market, which now bustled with people, because of the daytime sunshine. "It's pretty crowded..." She murmured to Katara, her brows knitting together slightly. Then, "Would you like to get lunch, first? Maybe by the time we're done, the crowds will have dwindled."

While Jurishe didn't have a problem with people, she still disliked being bumped and jostled in a throng of people as much as the next girl. She'd like to avoid it, if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:30 am

Z. Katara Len

Going to the market was fairly easy, although it became very clear very quickly that Katara did not like crowds, as she looked very edgy and nervous, almost getting clingy towards Jurishe the way a child clings to its mother.

"Aye... th-that would be nice." she nodded, her voice little more than a mutter or a whisper. "let's get some lunch."
She was not comfortable in large groups of people, and loud ones frightened her. She was terrified of mobs.

If nothing else, Katara was the same insomuch that she didn't like having to jostle or get jostled.
Mood: Normal
Condition: Edgy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm

With a nod, Jurishe begins to steer them both away from the mobs, down a much quieter street. Because of the market, several - if not most - of the shops and restaurants were closed. With a mutter of annoyance, Jurishe pivots, mid-stride, and tries the next street.

"There we go!" She brightens, pointing triumphantly, "It looks like kabobs and dumplings and such... Smell good to you?" Jurishe glances down at Katara, waiting for the verdict. It smelled good enough to her, but her friend should have a say in it, too.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara heaved something of a sigh of relief. She willingly followed Jurishe down a variety of streets as she zigzagged through them avoiding the crowds and trying to find a place that was open. Katara was sort of following her nose, giving slight input as they went.
As they stopped, Katara took a deep whiff. And then another one.
"mmmm..." she nodded with an approving smile. "aye, this'll do just fine"
Condition: Fine
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:24 pm

As Jurishe opened the door, she peered inside at the restaurant's interior. It was small, but clean, and definitely smelled wonderful. The floor was wooden, as were the high tables and chairs; there was little else, in the way of decoration. The first table had menus placed upon it, of which Jurishe snagged one.

"Let's see..." She mused, eyes skimming over the proposed dishes available, "There are dumplings, like on the sign, komodo rhino sausages, roast turtleduck, udon and 'gourmet sizzle-crisps'." She blinks, at that last one, not recognizing it.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara kept her cane at her side as she trailed behind Jurishe as they entered the restaurant. She figured the waterbender would continue to be her eyes for her, as she seemed to not mind it.
"Thanks, by the way." she said softly, "y'know... for being my eyes."
No point in keeping the thought a secret. Katara was grateful.

as she listened to Jruishe read the menu off, her eyes lit up at the last one.
"they have those here?" she exclaimed, "those are delicious!"
she remembered them for being hot and spicy, just the way she liked her food. That was definitely the Fire Nation blood in her talking, but she remembered having them as a child a lot, and that she loved them.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

"Of course," Jurishe acknowledged her friend's thanks with a smile, "Wouldn't want you bumping into chairs or anything." It was true, she'd rather Katara didn't hurt herself on something so easily avoidable.

Then, with a hum, "I think I'll try the sizzle-crisps, too. I've never had them before... What are they like?" Even as she waits for Katara's answer, she places their order; she's adventurous, as far as trying new things.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara did not often stumble across anything or such thanks to the way she effectively used her cane, but it was still good to have a guide that cared for where she went.

"alright." she smiled. "how used to spicy foods are you?" she asked, as a lot of people Katara had known couldn't handle them. It brought her a playful delight as a child to see her older brother have to sissy out on them. Katara did not find them mouth-burningly spicy, but they certainly had a kick to them.
"it's meat fried in a crispy sort of bread thingy I guess?" she explained, "and then doused in this delicious sauce. that was part of where the sizzle part of sizzle-crisp came from. And they have a crispy taste to them, hence the rest of the name."

Katara enjoyed trying new things, but this was one of her favorite foods of all time, and sometimes when that came up, she just couldn't help herself. She was already fishing for coins from her purse, looking for an ample amount becuase she planned to get at least two orders of them
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm

"Spicy..?" Jurishe tilted her head to the side, confused, "I don't think I've ever had anything spicy before. Unless you count salt?" That's probably not a good sign.

The food didn't take long at all to arrive, being as they were the only two in the restaurant, and was soon sat down on the table before them. While sizzle-crisps were usually a snack food, these had been arranged and done differently, using other ingredients, rather than just the meat. The sauce, however, was a bright red, boasting a slightly hotter sauce than usual; that was the restaurant's signature dish's claim to fame.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Oh..." Katara stammered slughtly awkwardly. "well... it's a bit different from salty... but it's really good. really strong too"
She hoped that her friend would be able to cope with it, but if not... well, Katara never complained about having too many sizzle-crisps.

Even if she had not heard them coming with their food, she would have still been able to tell they were coming by the strong aroma that was wafting towards them. My oh my, that smelled good. as it was placed in front of them, Katara took a big whiff of it. BAM! well... that cleared her sinuses right away, possibly singing her nose hairs as well. Not that Katara minded.
"oooh.." she began to dig in. they were definitely spicier, but for Katara, that just made them even better.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Jurishe could definitely tell that it was strong, from the smell alone; it was very, VERY different from anything she had ever detected. Though hesitant, she saw Katara digging into her plate and decided to go for it. Picking up one of the warm, slightly sticky sizzle-crisps, Jurishe popped the entire thing into her mouth, all at once. Chewing once, then twice, she actually managed to swallow it before the spice hit her in the face.

She promptly exploded.

"Ah - ah - ah!!" She yelped, jumping up so that her chair fell over backward, frantically trying to fan at her open mouth, as if it would could her off. Her cheeks flushed and tears streamed from her eyes; she was NOT prepared! Grabbing for the glass of water on the table, Jurishe chugged it down, but that did little to relieve the heat.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was eating them rather swiftly, and enjoying herself as she did so. However, she stopped, looking a bit worried from the surprise of Jurishe going from calm silence to panicked frenzy.
"Are you alright!?!" she gasped, worried for a second that something had actually hurt her. However, after she grabbed for the glass of water, it reminded her of the time her mother and brother had done the same thing. Only Katara and her father had really been able to stomach stuff like this like pros. Katara had to stifle a giggle.

"Are... are you alright?" she asked again, though still genuinely concerned for her friend, "they're really hot... but really good."
at least that was her opinion of them, though it was clearly relative.
Mood: Concerned
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

It took another moment or two, but finally she was able to breath again and swallow without pain. Jurishe nods, though tears are still streaming down her face. "What was THAT?" She asks, skeptically, staring down at the offending sizzle-crisps. She did not like them; no, she did not like them, Sam-I-am.

Grabbing a menu once again, she skims the remaining items, set on choosing a new new-dish to try. She wasn't touching the sizzle-crisps again; in fact, she pushed the plate over to Katara with a clear message.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Z. Katara Len

Seeing that her friend was not in any real danger and that it was just an inability to handle the sizzle-crisps, Katara could not keep her giggles in.
"you reminded me of my mother and siblings for a moment there," she indicated with a light chuckle, "only my daddy and I could handle them... although he might have questioned these... they're spicier than usual."

Not all of the memories of her family were sad ones, nor would they all trigger her horrific memories. Katara was happy right now, and she hoped to keep it that way. Katara happily accepted the plate, as she had cleared her fist one, and was going for her 2nd one right now.
Mood: Concerned
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm

"That," Jurishe began solemnly, after ordering some dumplings instead, "Was the worst thing I've ever tried to put in my mouth. Ever. Including the one time Takeshi dared me to eat raw, fresh seaweed." Until today, that had been the worst thing she'd ever eaten - all slimy and salty and gross - but the super-spicy sizzle-crisps beat that out by a mile.

When the pork-based dumplings arrived, she bit into one hesitantly (in case they were spicy too), but then ate with gusto.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara frownd, now feeling guilty. Here she had worked them up to be the greatest thing ever (which to her, they totally were), but to hear her friend call them the worst thing ever did affect her.
"oh..." she said softly, "sorry about that." she did seem a bit more subdued now, her laughing having stopped. She quietly ate her sizzle-crisps, with slightly less gusto than before.
Mood: Subdued
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:49 pm

"It's alright," Jurishe quickly amended, "I would have tried them anyway, even if you hadn't ordered any. It's not your fault I can't handle them." It was true, too; she would have ordered them, just based off of the name. Reaching out, she tugged on a single curl that hung down Katara's shoulder, smiling at her friend, "If you don't cheer up, I'll have to use your glass of water for some mischief." It was a playful threat, but a real one, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

"alright..." she nodded, cheering up a little. it was hard to stay upset around your best friend anyways. " just... I didn't want you to try your worst food ever." she indicated.

she giggled after hearing Jurishe's threat, and when she played with one of Katara's curls. "alright, alright, I'm happy again!" she pleaded, happily eating her sizzle-crisps with the same gusto as before now.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:16 pm

"Good!" came her cheeky reply, "It would have been such a shame if you couldn't drink your water, because it was dripping down your face!" Then Jurishe shared in Katara's laughter, unable to hold back any longer.

Now, she ate the rest of her food; the sizzle-crisp incident forgotten, at least enough to only laugh about it. "Have you ever eaten anything that you hated right off?" Jurishe asked, looking across the table.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed. "I'll save the water for my hair or my mouth then, thanks." she indicated, taking a fine swig to wash down the sizzle-crisps.

as she started on Jurishe's plate of sizzle-crisps, she heard the question, thinking for a moment.
"you know..." she exclaimed, "I don't think there is. I've never been a very picky eater. 'specially not recently. How about you? well... besides spicy food, obviously,..." she winked.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

"Well... -other- than the spicy-hot abominations," She intones jokingly, "I usually eat whatever is put in front of me. There was nothing, back home, that I didn't eat. Komodo Rhino is good, too - I had that before. The fish here in the Fire Nation are good too."

That was all that she could remember eating, really. "My favorite new thing has been the different desserts that they make here," She adds, however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next