The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Healing Trust - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Z. Katara Len

"ah... not a bad idea..." she agreed, cracking her knuckles, "I can't really give good advice on what or where has good eats around here... or anywhere, really. it's simply closing your eyes and following your nose. Or of course, you could do what I do sometimes and forage... but a lot of people don't like that."

she shrugged. "so what do you like to eat? any favorites?"
Those old sayings about when one sense was lost, the others were heightened was true. Katara had a keen nose and keen ears. She was not picky with her food, willing to eat basically anything.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Better
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 pm

"I've been snaring rabbits and foraging since I left home... I'm ready for something different that I don't have to cook," There's a slight grin tugging at her lips, "Other than that, I'm not picky." She wasn't, either; much like Katara, she'd eat just about whatever was put in front of her.

Reaching down for her pack, Jurishe slung it up and over her shoulder, ready to depart. "I guess we head out into the evening air and see what we can find, if that works for you?" She figured that the answer would be 'yes', but it is polite to ask.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara let out another chuckle. "fair enough then. looks like we'll follow our noses."
she put her boots back on and was also ready to depart, her own belongings back over her shoulders.
"that, and I might have to find a place to clean up or something. I guess this could be a girl's night out, so to speak."
she sounded completely inexperienced in this sort of thing, and thus sounded hesitant. She would see how her friend reacted before going further with that.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 pm

"I've never had one," Jurishe admits, right off the bat, giving a single laugh before continuing, "I didn't have any girl friends, growing up..." Allowing her voice to trail off into nothing, she looks a bit self-conscious - again; not that Katara would be able to see it.

Then, after a moment, she moves toward the door, pulling it wide open for Katara to walk through. Hesitantly, she ventures, "I'm glad to have made my first..?" The statement became a question with a slight, hopeful undertone.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara gave a light chuckle, her face slightly pink too. "oh... well, I guess we'll figure something out together, aye? were you a tomboy growing up?"
that was just her assumption, and while she saw nothing wrong with it, it made her curious as well. She was neither, mainly because she had not really had a childhood at all other than one filled with mourning and terror. She did not want to bring that up though.

"I'm glad too." she replied simply, agreeing that there was finally someone that she would be able to call friend.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Her smile softens, as does her gaze, at the question; her memories flooding back in a torrential rush. "Not really," was the answer, "I was friends with a boy, but that was it, really." She laughs, "When we were little, he let me 'make him over' once... Then swore that he'd never do it again."

Then, Jurishe gestures Katara through the door, "Let's go see what our noses can't find, yeah?" Once they're both outside, the door clicks lightly as it's pushed back into the frame, closed against the evening air. While she isn't familiar with the town, she knows that most have a market or city square, somewhere; so that's what she looks for.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Z. Katara Len

"oh... heh." she chuckled. "well... you could probably make me over... I doubt it could be much worse than the dirty ol' me you're seeing now, eh?"
She was not trying to insinuate that she was ugly (for it was quite the contrary). but...she really didn't know the first thing about cleaning up, and kind of hoped that Jurishe could help her... maybe after some food.

"keep an eye out then," she nodded, and she would have been glad to help if she could see. "I'll try and sniff out something good."
She sniffs her way towards the market square, first smelling the hustle and bustle, which was slowing down for the evening, and then trying to pick out individual aromas.
"see anything good?" she asked.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:38 pm

As they were walking to the market, Jurishe had given Katara a slight nudge on the shoulder, "You're already really pretty, you know... If you washed your hair, I might be able to do it up for you, if you like? That's about all you'd need."

The closer they came to the market, the more she looked about, trying to pay attention to smells, like Katara does. It's difficult with so many people; she doesn't have heightened senses like her friend does. Finally, she points out a cart, "It looks like they're selling noodles, over there. It's on the other side of the center fountain."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara's eyes seemed to light up. "I... I think I might just do that. although if you do my hair... I wish you luck."
it was a tangled curly mess. Not that she didn't like it, or was trying to discourage her friend, but it would be a tricky task to untangle it.

when Jurishe pointed out the cart, Katara sniffed the air after hearing her remarks.
"aye... aye, I smell that. let's go."
she began moving towards said cart, following her nose, sniffing the air repeatedly as the aroma grew stronger. yes, it was definitely noodles, and they suddenly smelled really good.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 pm

"I'm up to any challenge," She tells Katara with laughing seriousness, "I think that it would be fun."

Then, as the approach the cart, she does murmur, "Careful on your left," to warn her friend about the lip of the fountain, so there would be no accidents. Once at the stand, she begins to smell the hot broth for the noodles; the aroma making her stomach growl even louder than before. "Beef bowl, ramen, udon..." She lists a few of the choices, "Sounds like ramen, for me. What about you?" Her gaze is drawn down to Katara.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 am

Z. Katara Len

"alrighty... I'll wash up when we get back then." she chuckled sort of dorkily. it was almost cute in a way, really, especially from a girl who rarely actually laughed.

"got it." her cane tapped the edge of the fountain as they walked, and she diverted her course accordingly. sniffing the air as Jurishe read her the menu, she decided on a beef bowl herself, already reaching into her purse for some coins to pay with.
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:29 am

Doing the same, Jurishe places a few coins on the counter, ordering her dinner so that the stall's owner can get started on it. There are stools at the front, just beneath the counter. Reaching for two of them, she pulls them out, so that she and Katara can have a seat while they eat. "Here; take a seat," She offers with a smile, pushing the seat into place for her friend, near enough that she'd be able to feel for it with her cane or her hand.

Then, taking her own seat, she stretches her back out, lifting her arms up over her head as she does. Though it's heavy and awkward, Jurishe doesn't remove her pack; afraid that something could happen to it, in this unfamiliar city.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara slapped them on the counter rather unceremoniously but without being rude, and then sat down after tapping her cane against the stool a bit. Her back is light, carrying only her money, a change or two of clothes, and a couple of trinkets.

she stretched her arms and legs. her large boots make her already large feet look even bigger, and she is still wearing those heavy gloves from earlier. her mouth was watering just from smelling that food, and she couldn't wait till it was in front of them.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:52 am

Swinging her legs gently beneath the counter, Jurishe waits for her food as well, brushing the loose locks of back back out of her face. "Other than traveling, what else do you like to do..?" She looks over at Katara, trying to make slightly more personal small-talk, now that they're friends, rather than just healer and patient.

Soon, their food arrived, being placed on the counter in front of them with a quick, "Enjoy." Reaching for the utensils, Jurishe starts to dig in, listening as Katara answers her question.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shrugged when she heard the question. "I... don't really know. I like getting lost where there are no people, and I am just surrounded by nature. I also really like music." she confessed. Odd as it was, Katara did enjoy most forms of music and dance.

She did not need to be told twice one the food came. she began wolfing it down eagerly, as it was as delicious as it had smelled.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:16 am

"I love music!" Jurishe stops eating long enough to speak again, smiling brightly, "I can't play, but I love to listen... and sometimes I like to dance to it. That's one thing I'd like to do; hear the musics of the Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom and Air Temples. Does that sound okay with you?" She returns to her bowl of noodles, trying to finish them before they get soggy and gross. She seems to really be enjoying herself there with Katara, despite the circumstances of their introduction.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:23 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "all I can play is drums." she shrugged. as long as she knew where they were, she knew pretty well how to hold a good, solid beat. Besides... what better way for a frustrated teenager to vent some of her anger sometimes than by banging on things?

"I'm alright with that. the music of the four nations is one of the reasons life's still worth living. I am defintiely game for some of that."
she lifted her bowl to her mouth and drained the remaining contents, swallowing strongly before turning to face her new friend. While she might have been blind, certain instinctual habits did not die easily.
"that was great. good call, Juri." she smiled appreciatively. She was not sure if she should ask or not, but the thought of going back and getting her hair done was exciting to the young girl.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 am

Smiling at the nickname - even if it was just a shortening of her name - Jurishe tosses back her own bowl, drinking the remaining broth up in one go. "It was really good. I'm glad you enjoyed it, too." Then, to a previous topic, "I'd love to hear you play, sometime; the drums."

Finally, she slips out of her seat, standing up and repositioning her pack. "Alright... Are you ready to get out of here?" She asks with a smile, "If we're going to do your hair tonight, we should start soon. Do you need anything from the market, before we head out? I can get supplies tomorrow morning; I don't need anything immediately."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara gave a smile. this one was a sincere, sweet, down-to-earth smile that wasn't tied to a casual chuckle or some deadpan humor. this was just a genuine smile from a girl who had seen enough to prevent her from smiling for years.

"I'll remember that." she nodded. "just need to find me some drums now."
she'd demonstrate her skills gladly once that criteria was met.

"I'm ready when you are." she agreed, "I can't think of anything myself... do you think I would need anything? I've defintiely got the coin."
she just didn't know of anything else that she might need, but perhaps her friend did? If not, she would proceed to go back to her room with her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 am

"I think we'll be fine," She thinks for a moment, "Nothing comes to mind. I already have things we can use; a brush, soap, some ties..." Jurishe ticks off her fingers as she mentions each item, "No, we'll be fine." Then, with a smile, "Let's head back."

The sun had fully set when they got back to Katara's room, necessitating the lighting of several small lanterns to brighten up the room for Jurishe to see. Pouring out the contents of her bag, she snags a half-used bar of soap and a brush, "Let's wash and brush it out, first; then it will be easier to work with. Do you want me to help?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 1:50 am

Z. Katara Len

"alright." she smiled. "homeward bound then."
upon arrival, Katara sat down and removed her shoes again as Jurishe lit some lanterns. Katara obviously didn't need them, as she couldn't see anyways. her cane was still in one of her hands. it seemed she also liked being barefooted.

"sure..." she nods slowly. "I... don't really know a good way to wash this mess." she grabbed her hair with her hands, tossing it playfully, where most of the curls bounced together in a poofy brown heap. her hair was long; dropping almost to her waist, and it was very thick and loaded with loose curls of a dark brown that almost seemed Water Tribe-ish.

she sat down, not really knowing what to do. "uh... just let me know what I can do to help." she smiled slightly sheepishly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:02 am

Looking into the washroom, Jurishe grabs a towel, handing it to her friend. "Here Katara," She presses it right into her hands, "Wrap this around your shoulders, under your hair." Then, mischievously, "I'm going to waterbend your hair clean, so you don't have to lean over the sink for twenty minutes." Maybe it's silly, but it's convenient!

Once the towel is in place, she bends water from the basin - half of it, this time - and brings it back to her hand, which held the soap. Moving the water around rhythmically over the bar of soap, Jurishe watches it work into a later, saturating the liquid with the cleaning agent. Then, carefully, she moves the water over to Katara, threading it through her hair several times, effectively scrubbing it clean.

"Doing okay?" She asks, bringing the water through her hair once or twice more.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara wrapped the towel around her shoulders. she had contemplated removing her shirt just in case, but ended up keeping it on. it wasn't that big of a deal.
she pulled her hair up to make sure she didn't wrap any of it into the towel, even pulling out a few long neck hairs.

"an interesting thought!" Katara admitted, "I'd have never thought of that."
Although now how it had eluded her as an idea was beyond her. oh well.

Katar's hair is thick and tangly, and it takes some good concentrated scrubbing just to get through all of it to her scalp. a few times it might have snagged or tugged, but Katara remained stoic. if she could take burns, cuts, bruises, and getting her eyes nearly cut out, a litlte tug or two on her hair was nothing at all.

"I'm doing great, thanks." she nodded, closing her eyes again. "lemme know if I need to do anything."
While closing her eyes had no effect on her vision, she still had a little bit of feeling left in them, and so her eyes too were prone to drying out should she not blink or close them once in a while.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 am

When the water had blackened, Jurishe repeated the process with the remaining water; lathering it up before scrubbing at the tangled brunette mass of hair again. Finally, it's clean enough for her to stop. "Hang tight, I need to rinse it out, still," She tells Katara before moving to the window, opening it up. With a gesture, she bends another good amount of water from the river, bringing it inside.

Parting her hands, she places half into the water basin of the washroom, passing the other through Katara's soapy mane of hair. "Almost done," She tells the other teen, "Then we both take a stab at untangling." It took all of the river water to fully purge the soap suds from the long, thick hair, but it already gleamed, now that it was scrubbed clean.

Snatching the brush up from the floor, Jurishe offers an apologetic look, "This is going to be the hard part... It'll probably hurt." She hands Katara a comb, asking her to hold it for her, moving to start at the very bottom of the tangles.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 am

Z. Katara Len

just like during the healing process, Katara was patient and quiet. she nodded slowly each time her hair was rinsed out, as it was something of a mess that felt much lighter after it was clean, and that was even with the water in it. Strange...

"got it..." she chuckled softly, waiting for her to finish washing her hair. after the water was removed from her hair again, it felt even lighter than before. Her hair was still relentlessly thick and curly of course, but it was also clean.

she gave her typical witty-sounding chuckle as Jurishe mentioned the hard part.
"If I can handle getting beaten, burned, and lacerated, I think a bit of hair-yanking won't hurt too bad." she indicated, taking the comb anyways. she could not see or really feel where her tangles were, and so she would let Juri manage that for the time being unless she told Katara otherwise.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next