The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Healing Trust - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:46 am

Giving a small laugh at Katara's sense of humor once again, Jurishe brings the brush to her shining brown hair, starting to tug and brush the persistent tangles into submission. She does start at the bottom so that she won't rip any hair out, or cause even more tangles, as she might by brushing the top out first.

"Talk to me?" She asks, suddenly, keeping her gaze on her work, "If you'd rather not talk about yourself... you could tell me a Fire Nation story, or a legend? I've never heard any, before."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara occasionally tenses up, but she is otherwise rather quiet except the ins and outs of her normal heavy breaths. they are occasionally sharp as some hair gets yanked, but she doesn't jerk or flinch at all.

"well... I could tell you about the Tekina-Kaze. I met their leader once at the Western Air Temple..."
Provided there was no interruption, Katara would begin to tell the tale of this hero. The Tekina-Kaze were a powerful group of airbenders who had developed a form of attack that involved air combustion. It had been what a certain Air nomad woman named Xilingshi had done to earn her tattoos. It had been she that had founded the Air nomad military, so to speak, although culturally, they were the Tekina-Kaze.

"essentially," Katara explained, "a few were willing to sacrifice their culture so that the majority could preserve it."
This story had always appealed to Katara, especially hearing it from the mouth of the heroic woman herself.
"Xilingshi is an interesting woman... and I hope we meet her again. She hasn't turned the Air Temples into some sort of militaristic empire or anything... but she and her group ensure that they stay safe from any otherwise hostile attack."

she paused to make sure that she wasn't rambling or going on about a story that Jurishe did not want to hear. After all, there was much more to it than that.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:01 am

While listening avidly to the story, Jurishe had worked through about a foot of hair, parting it into sections as she went, to make it easier. The idea of a group of people living for a culture, yet outside of it, fascinated her, as did the description of their founder and leader. When the pause came, she glanced up from the brush, confused and, truth be told, disappointed that the tale might end there - she hoped that it wouldn't.

"Go on," She coaxed gently, waiting to continue untangling, "Is there more?" It's clear, just from her tone of voice, that she'd like there to be a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:06 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's hair was a little over two feet long, which meant she was about half done.
"how's it look?" she had to curiously ask. with all the parting and combing an such, she wanted to visualize the results a little.

"the story does continue. their leader was a vicious fighter on the battlefield, and was a dangerous war veteran. And yet... when we talked... she was so gentle and kind underneath that sort of warlike exterior. She understood me, and even with the violence, understood that she was only doing what was necessary."
she paused. "the story though... apparently they only had minimal help from the Earth Kingdom during the War of Tipped Scales... they otherwise managed to defend the Western Air Temple almost completely by themselves."
She went on to describe the event as Xilingshi had described it to her. Katara understood Xilingshi and knew her to be an honest woman, so she did not think that the airbender would have exaggerated--well, not much, anyways.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 am

"Your hair is even more beautiful, now," She answers softly, brushing her fingers gently through the already-freed curls, "Silky and gleaming in the light. I wish mine curled, like yours..." Her stilled hand began to move once again, dragging the brush with it, continuing with her task.

As the battle was described, despite the cruel reality of war, Jurishe couldn't help but feel a little excited... Hearing a story told in this way, and in Katara's soothing voice, seemed to mute the horror behind it, making it softer and more gentle by association. Oddly enough, even though she was working, the calm repetition of untangling the several mussed strands of hair actually helped her to concentrate, and even commit the story to memory.

Soon, her brush contacts with Katara's scalp gently with each pull; she's almost finished.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:29 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara soon wrapped up the story, mentioning how the Western Air Temple was a safehaven and a stronghold, and that while the Tekina-Kaze were fierce opponents, they, like Katara, were generally passive unless provoked. When she mentioned her hair, her reply took an interesting turn.

"my dad used to blame my mom for those curls." she chuckled, "he would say, 'Katara, your baby girl looks just like you!', and he'd ruffle my hair."
she paused. "cuz my mom was named Katara as well." she wasn't sure if that had been made clear based on how she had worded her little story. the memories she had of her parents and siblings were scarce and fading, but she remembered her mother as bearing a striking resemblance to her. the resemblance probably would have even been more prominent had she still been alive.

she sighed. "death can be such a cruel, cold mistress... especially when she is enslaved to those wishing to keep her busy. I..." she paused.
"thank you... for being my friend."
She knew there was no way to bring her parents back, just as there was no way to bring her older brother and two younger siblings back. She did not like to dwell on their deaths, but did seem to smile softly at fondly remembering the few tales she could recall of them during their lives. Really, at this point, Jurishe was the only person Katara could call a friend--someone to listen to her; to care about her. Katara appreciated it much more than she let on.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:43 am

With one final passing of the brush, Katara's hair is completely finished; clean and untangled, hanging down her back in a slowly drying river of curls. Completely silent, for a few moments, it seems as if Jurishe is examining her handiwork, but her eyes are unfocused, emotions clear in their depths. Slowly, she circles around, kneeling in front of her friend, carefully reaching out to take both of her hands in her own.

"...I'm so sorry," She manages to say, her eyes brimming with tears, because of what her friend had revealed, "My parents are still with me... but Death has made itself known in my life, as well." Then, she tried to smile; even as her tears began to fall down her cheeks, even though the attempt would go unseen. "I will always be your friend," she promises solemnly, with an air of finality.

But then, her voice a little lighter, Jurishe adds, "Your mother must have been a gorgeous woman, if you resemble her. I wish that I could have met your family." Maybe that would only make her friend sad, but... it had to be said.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:54 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's hair felt so much lighter... and ultimately better. at once she almost regretted nearly killing the mood with what she had said. It had just felt... well, right. Katara did not often share this information with people... so it meant a lot to her.

Katara nodded slowly, smiling as her blank, lifeless eyes welled up as well.
"thank you." she whispered softly. "thank you."

Jurishe's words did make Katara seem a little sad for a moment, like a lost child longing to see her parents again, but then she smiled weakly through her watery eyes.
"she would probably wonder who I was and what I did with her baby girl." she sort of forced a chuckle. "I don't think my hair's ever been this neat in my life... let alone about to be done up somehow..." she said encouragingly, hoping to bring back the positive mood. it was true that Katara had never really ever done her hair up, so this would be a new step for her, if they were to continue.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 am

Smiling at Katara's words through her own tears, Jurishe gives her hands a firm yet gentle squeeze before standing, not yet releasing her hold. "You are so strong," she tells her friend, voice shaking slightly; she means those words quite fiercely, despite the gentleness with which they were spoken. Slowly uncurling her fingers, she relinquishes her grip, allowing Katara to reclaim her hands.

Trying to let the mood lighten once again, now, she moves back to stand behind the chair, considering very seriously what to do. "How do you feel about braids?" She asks, quite seriously, her voice steady once again, "Little ones?" Jurishe reaches out to stroke her fingers through Katara's hair once again, testing how it falls when lifted slightly. She must have an imagine in her mind, of how she'd like to style it.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nods slowly. This was something that she was told once by the old witch. It was true though. For her to be this stable meant that she had to have a will of unbelievable strength. It would be enough to drive most lesser people mad.

"oooh..." her eyes almost seemed to light up. "that would be interesting..." she seemed trying to picture herself with them. she did not remember seeing very many as a child, especially not with hair this long. But, she figured that Juri could help her with that. And if not... well surely it was much easier to undo hair than do it up.
"let's give it a shot."
now that her hair was clean, it was smooth and had a nice texture to it that made it almost fun to run one's fingers through--or at least Katara thought so, but that was just her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:33 am

Starting just past her bangs, leaving those to fall loose, Jurishe begins a very small braid, incorporating more hair as she moves on. At one point, however, she pauses, looking down at her fingers and the partially completed braid. Inspired, she leaves that braid unfinished, starting the next one, and then the next, making them into little rows. Once those were finished, she simply gathers up all of Katara's hair, tying it into a high ponytail.

The effect was mostly simple - one might even think that she had lazily ended the braids after intending to do them all completely - but Jurishe loved the way that the curls cascaded freely down. "Let me see..." She trailed off, moving to see the full effect; it was stunning. "Oh wow," She breathed, staring at Katara.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:45 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara waited patiently as Jurishe braided those long brown curls. it actually felt kind of nice, and it was clear that Katara liked it. she seemed to be trying to envision what it might look like, since she would never know.

she had never even had her hair in a ponytail before. with how much curly hair she had, it was thick and poofy. she patted her head a few times, trying to get the feel of what it was.
"so how's it look? how's it look?" she exclaimed excitedly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:56 am

"It fits you -perfectly-!" came the answer, just as excited as the question, "It's even more beautiful that I thought it would be!"

However unintentional in the conception, the braids would allow Katara to feel along and get a sense for what had happened with her hair, while the hanging braids would brush at her shoulders, back and neck, offering even more sensations for her to feel during the day. So not only did she look beautiful, she could feel it and decide for herself, to some extent. Though, Jurishe's reaction should be reassurance enough.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:07 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's smile lit up. "really? oooh I wish I could see it!" she exclaimed happily. "thank you thank you!"
springing up, she put her arms around her friend in a loving embrace. she may not have been able to see it, but she sincerely appreciated it. Now perhaps if she got a proper cleaning up, and maybe a pretty dress... but perhaps that would be later. She was certainly not complaining about herself now. For the first time in a looooong while... she was truly happy.
Mood: Excited
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:12 am

Returning the embrace, Jurishe shared in the simple happiness of her new-found friend. Though they had become this close so quickly, she felt no regrets. "You're welcome," She speaks finally, pulling back to look at Katara's hair once again, "It really is beautiful... It suits you very well."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:15 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled again, probably would have been looking at her eyes if she could still see. She was still face to face with her though.

"So now what?" she asked with a shrug and a chuckle, "I mean, I guess I kinda owe you... both for the hair and the lifesaving."
she might have been overexaggerating with the lifesaving, but the healing did feel nice, since she did not have to limp around with all those buts and burns and the likes.

"if there's anything I can do for you... let me know."
Katara had a strong since of feeling indebted to someone who had done a good turn for her. that sense of indebetedness was what kept her from taking her own life when she had lost everything. She owed at least that much to her family.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 am

"It doesn't work that way; we're friends," Jurishe dismissed her friend's claims, gently, "You don't owe me anything, Katara."

Then, with a very slight grin, "Besides; I asked you to show me how to play the drums... That's a fair trade, right? Music for a hairstyle?" The girl actually giggled, at that, when she tried to hold back a full-blown laugh.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:28 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shrugged, not wanting to argue with a friend perhaps in fear of losing her, but she didn't agree that a debt could be so easily dismissed. Oh well... it wasn't like this was going to come between them or something.

she laughed with her though. "oh you're right... I forgot about that... aye. I will show you as soon as I can find me some drums... so perhaps tomorrow morning... wouldn't want everyone waking up."

they were some of the few loud noises that did not scare Katara. However, even then it had to be a beat otherwise it would come out all wrong. Katara did not like that.

"so till the morning... what should we do?" she asked agian with a small shrug.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 am

"Well, you just mentioned the market, and I had already planned to go," Jurishe began, "There are a few things I'd like to get," She began ticking items off on her fingers, "More gauze, a needle and thread, some dried fruits, another knife..." Trailing off, she tried to think if there was anything else, "Drums." The last item came to her with a small laugh.

While she had been comfortable enough with Katara before, she felt that it was more natural, now; not forced because of necessary contact. It was nice; Jurishe was really enjoying herself.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:48 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "I will remember that. Tomorrow morning it is then." she promised, and she was not one to go back on her word. the sun was already down (Katara could tell because her firebending gave her an attunement at least to that), and so most places would have closed shop for the night.

Katara felt much more open around Jurishe than she had since the old witch herself. she was comfortable around her, able to more openly communicate with her than with basically anyone else.

"so what do you do for fun?" she asked, not remembering if she had already asked the question, "I obviously play drums..." she chuckled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:54 am

"Aside from listening to music," She began, slowly moving to sit on the floor, her back against the bed, getting more comfortable, "I like to read, swim... and to hear stories." Jurishe smiles, at that, "I'm sure you guessed that much, though. I'm not too interesting." She finished with a laugh at her own expense.

Bending both her legs, she hugs them to her chest, curling up just slightly, she way she usually did when listening to a story. "I'm enjoying visiting new places, and meeting new people, as well... That will probably be added to the list, soon."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:01 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara sighed happily, flopping back into a chair, putting her bare feet up on the table because she could.
She did miss reading, and she had been showing promising artistic talent before she lost her eyesight. However, such things could not be returned to her, and so she moved on, so to speak.

"you're interesting enough to help heal a girl and do her hair." she chuckled, "that's gotta count for something. Bonus points if you put me in a dress or something!" she joked.

she paused, hearing the phrase that she added on. "new places and new people... aye. it sounds like we have our adventure planned out then, don't we?"
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 am

"So to speak," She laughed as she gave the answer, "Planning to have no plan... I like that. It gives us a lot more room to move, and no deadlines or constraints!" That suits Jurishe just fine; she liked taking her time with things, regardless of what she happened to be doing. So long as Katara was of the same mind - or tolerated it, at the very least - it promised to be a fun, memorable trip.

A moment after her reply, her hand moved up to cover her mouth, stifling a yawn. By no means was she bored, but it was getting late, now.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 am

Z. Katara Len

"well..." she indicated, "getting lost and working from there has been a fun way to live life in my opinion. If nothing else, it helps forget about the bad things and helps you appreciate the good things more... just being by yourself and thinking and musing and stuff..."

Katara had keen hearing, and so she was able to catch the stifled yawn. that, and yawning was very contagious, as it caused Katara to yawn as well. That made her realize just how tired she was.
"so... what do you wanna do as far as sleeping arrangements?"
Katara personally didn't really care who slept where or what they slept in. She was just ready to crash for some good, quality sleep. she paused.

"oh... should I keep my hair like this, or will sleeping on it funny make it all tangly?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:10 pm

"I'm not sure if it will tangle," Jurishe admitted, in a contemplative voice, "But it might be uncomfortable anyway. Let's take it out, and I'll fix it in the morning, okay?" Rising from the floor with a slight noise of tired exertion, she went over to the chair once again, starting to unwind her work, very carefully.

As she managed Katara's hair, she answered her first question; "I don't see why we can't share the bed... I don't toss and turn, or anything. Would you mind?" She added, after half a beat, "I do have a sleeping roll; I could take the floor."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next