The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friend or Foe?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

EXP : 2065
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Unofficial Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Friend or Foe? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:37 am

((What kind of idiots do you take us for, Shiva? I mean, seriously. What the hell? I'm pretty sure that we'd realize that we had to cut a string of flesh going from the mother to the child. Honestly. We're not stupid.))

Alxina helped Taeo with the roots, then began to put a few herbs in a pot of carrots, tomatoes and lettuce. It wouldn't be a very thick soup, but the flavor would give the soup fullness. Grabbing plates, cups and silverware, she went to where Fujin and Chase were sitting and talking, and set the table.
Back to top Go down
Taeo

EXP : 675
Birthday : 1994-09-18

Character Description
Position: Earthbender
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:58 am

((I agree with Xina on this one Shiva. We wouldn't forget something that obvious. Geez.))

Taeo handed Xina the bowls of hot food while he helped his mother sweep the floor. Dinner was ready, and after sweeping, he walked into the dining room. "You guys can go ahead and eat now." He said, gesturing to the steaming food. Then he went into the living room where his baby sister lay sleeping. His mother had allowed him to choose her name, and he stared into her face, so peaceful and calm. Jade, he thought suddenly. Like the stone. Beautiful, and mesmerizing. Valuable, precious. Yes, his baby sister would be called Jade.

He picked her up out of the crib with the blanket lacing it, and bended the crib back into the earth. Walking into the dining room, he made a new one, setting Jade inside. He looked at the setting sun, awaiting his father's return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 am

Fujin Kaze

Fujin implied that the dark brown haired guy, must have been Taeo. He thought that Alxina, Chase, Taeo, the mother and kids were all some type of huge family but now with that cleared up it made sense to him. Since Alxina and Chase were travelling together, then the rest must be Taeo's family.

"Oh I see. I didn't know who exactly owned this house so I chalked it up to you all being family. Back at the air temple, I really stood out but I was always considered family."

Alxina then stepped in and set the table and placed hot bowls of soup for everyone. They smelled delicious and Fujin could just feel himself salivate.Taeo then stepped in and told us all to go ahead and eat. Fujin stepped up and walked to Taeo who was looking outside and placed 2 gold coins in his hand.

"Thank you for allowing me to eat here however I can't eat unless I pay you for your hospitality."

With that done Fujin took his seat at the table once again.

"Congratulations on your newborn baby sister?" when Fujin said 'sister' he uttered it in a questioning tone, almost unsure if that was the relation but quickly after mentally reviewing what he deduced earlier he straightened up his unsure expression, smiled, and then began to pray.

This he did before every meal, still keeping some traditions of being a monk.

Mood: Hungry
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Fujin Kaze on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:49 am

((ok i'm sorry, you don't have to offend me))
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:54 am

(( rofl, dont forget to cut the umbilical cord....that made me laugh xD, good one Shiva))
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Taeo shook his head quickly at the money laying in his palm. He couldn't accept this. He smiled at Fujin, then set the money next to his bowl of soup. "We don't want your money. But thank you." He said kindly. Hearing a clattering sound in the kitchen, he hurried to find his mother had dropped a bowl. He picked it up, setting it on the counter, then took her upstairs to rest, taking a plate of food with him.

Taeo's father walked in just then. The smell of dinner was absolutely mouth-watering, and he walked into the dining room, covered in dirt. In a stone crib lay a little bundle, and upon closer inspection, he saw a newborn baby. So his wife had given birth, then. He grunted as he saw the people sitting at his dining table. Eyes narrowed, he walked upstairs without another word, to check on his wife and ask Taeo who the strangers were.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Chase Scylla

As Chase ate the absolutely delicious soup, he decided to learn more about Fujin."So what brings you to Omashu Fujin?" Chase was genuinely curious, he had only seen a few airbenders in his life, traveling in the Northern Water Tribe. In total he hadn't seen too many, but they all seemed nice and friendly. Chase ate some more of the delicious soup, he'd have to ask how it was made.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfectly Fine

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Fujin Kaze

As soon as Fujin finished praying, Taeo had placed the 2 gold coins he offered beside Fujin's bowl. Taeo smiled and explained he couldn't take Fujin's money. He wanted to object and insist that he take the money especially since he had a new family member to feed. However Fujin understood this may be Taeo's pride taking over and before Fujin could even object they heard a clattering noise, which Taeo went off to check up on.

Fujin enjoyed the soup, it wasn't overly thick but the flavor was fantastic. In the middle of dinner Chase spoke to Fujin, asking what brings him to Omashu.

"To Omashu? No real reason..but what brings me out into the world? Many." replied Fujin. After 2 bites of his soup he realized how cryptic he sounded, not wanting to be extremely secretive yet still not ready to relay his true feelings, Fujin lied.

"As much as I love everyone in the Air Temple, I couldn't stand being there. A monk's life isn't exactly one I enjoy to the fullest...so I decided to see the world!"

Well he didn't really lie, a monk's life isn't for him and ever since Shinto's death he couldn't stay there and as much as he did want to see the world, the true reason is to meet his parents.

"What about you? You and Alxina on the same quest?" asked Fujin.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:09 pm

After doing the dishes (although Taeo told her not to), Alxina walked into the area where Fujin and Chase were seated. Grabbing a bowl, she poured some soup into it, then went and sat against the wall, dunking fresh bread into it and eating it slowly. She could hear Fujin and Chase talking, but tuned them out, listening to the sounds upstairs. It was quiet, and there was no sign that anyone was coming down soon, so she went to check on the baby.

It lay wrapped in a dark blanket, smudged a little with dirt from the stone crib. She brushed back a lock of the baby's hair, and adjusted the blanket. She was smaller than the babies delivered in Shu Jing, which made her curious. Did it have to do with the nutrition, or the people? In Shu Jing, they ate fish and fruits often. Was it the same, here in Omashu? She stroked the child's cheek, then went back to her corner to finish off her soup.
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm

His mother sat on her bed, and Taeo gave her the plate of food he'd brought up. His father came in, a disgruntled look on his face. "Strangers. Downstairs. Who are they? Where are your siblings?" He said.

"Um, they're friends of mine, Father. And the red-haired girl actually helped Mother give birth. So we invited them to stay for dinner, and maybe the night, because of that. It felt like a good way to repay them, since we don't have any money to offer. And the kids are outside, in the backyard. They were helping Mother with the cooking, but they decided they wanted to go out and play instead."

Taeo's father grunted again. "Boy or girl?" He asked gruffly.

At this point, Taeo's mother spoke up in her soft, sweet voice. "Girl. Taeo named her. Her name is Jade." Taeo's father grunted again, and clumped downstairs. The red-haired girl was sitting in the corner, eating bread and soup. The baby, Jade, was laying in a stone crib. There were two boys--no, more like young men--sitting at the dining table, eating soup that smelled delicious, and chatting. Grabbing some bread and a bit of meat hanging in the kitchen, he wrapped the food and shoved it in his pocket, then went back to the mines.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Watching the dust drift across the floor in the light breeze coming through the window, she heard her name mentioned. Looking up at Fujin who was asking Chase about him and Alxina sharing the same quest. She thought this over...Yes, she supposed they were. He wanted to travel to new places, and she wanted information on her father.
"Sort of..." She said softly in answer to Fujin's question. "He wants to travel. I'm looking for....information."
At that second, a man walked in, who she assumed was Taeo's father, from the coal dust streaking his skin and clothing, and the fact that he looked extremely similar to Taeo. He grabbed some bread off the table, then went into the kitchen, came back in and left. She watched him go, then went back to watching the dust drift lazily across the floor.
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:46 pm

"Sort of...He wants to travel. I'm looking for....information." He heard Alxina say as he stepped into the dining room. Plunking into an empty seat and pulling a bowl of cold soup in front of him, he looked at her. "Where from? How does travel and information fit?" He asked, shoving a spoonful of soup into his mouth. Even cold, it tasted amazing.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:48 pm

She shot a small wisp of flame into his soup, warming it instantly. "We're headed to the Fire Nation." She said, collecting the dirty dishes from the table. Outside, she heard the children playing and called them inside to eat. They gathered around the table, and she warmed their soup as well while they ate eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Taeo ate the warm soup gratefully, then saw her picking up the dirty dishes. Grabbing her wrist gently and pulling the dishes from her hands and setting them on the table, he said, "You don't need to do that. You're a guest." He looked into her big golden eyes, mesmerized. He blinked and shook his head quickly, for he had forgotten where he was for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Her eyes flared at him, and she lit her whole hand on fire, burning his hand where it touched her skin. Then, not waiting to see how badly she'd hurt him, she promptly picked up the dishes and put them in the kitchen. Upon returning, she glared at him. "Don't you ever touch me again!" She breathed. With that, she walked upstairs, nose in the air, and slammed her room door shut. Her pride had been hurt. How dare he? She voluntarily chose to help, and he disrespected her! She really hoped she'd hurt his hand...
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 pm

His hand was shining, red, and blistering. The pain was almost unbearable. He tried to move his fingers, but he couldn't feel anything. He sighed and sat in a chair heavily. "Idiot!" He said to himself. Of course he shouldn't have touched her! ...So why did he? Why did he get lost in her big honey-coloured eyes? Why did his stomach flop whenever he saw her? He glared at the floor, angry with himself for being so stupid. She was prideful, he knew. Him telling her she didn't need to do anything, that she was a guest, probably hurt that pride. He put his head in his unburnt hand, thinking. What could he do to apologize? His hand was really hurting now, he knew he should put it in water but...he thought he deserved the pain.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Chase Scylla

Chase had been about to take a bite of soup when the commotion happened. He walked over to the sink, filled a bowl with water and brought it back to the table. He bent some of the water around his hands, grabbed Taeo's hand and healed the burn. He tried to do it quickly, in case Taeo would protest. In the end the hand was healed and new."You better watch yourself. Alxina isn't a girl, she's a strong independent woman, and she isn't going to let anyone help her. Not now, not ever." and with that Chase resumed eating.

Mood: Amused

Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Taeo didn't try to protest. His hand felt good again. He hadn't known that Chase could heal people, he thought it was really cool. All he could do was throw around a bunch of rocks. What would that do to impress Alxina? Nothing, he knew. "Thank you. And I know, you're right. I just...I want to protect her. From something. I don't know what, but I want to be there whenever she's in danger, to protect her. Even if she doesn't need it." He smiled grimly at the floor again. Xina would never ask for his help, nor would she ever accept it.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Alxina wanted to burn something. Anything. She wanted to take all her fury and anger and confusion and hurt and every other emotion she'd ever felt and just unleash it all. There was a tree outside her window. She grabbed a branch reaching for the house, which was luckily thick enough for her weight, and she crawled across it to the trunk. Then, she quickly scampered down, agile as a squirrel. Then she looked around. The stream seemed the best thing to hit, seeing as how it'd just turn to water vapor. Drawing in her mind everything she knew of firebending, she quickly set to work on the forms. She lashed out at the stream, and steam quickly filled the air. By the time she was done, she was soaked from the steam and the sweat of working the complicated forms. Washing the sweat from her body in the stream, she dried her clothes as best as she could, then went back to the house.

She walked into the kitchen, where Taeo was sitting in a chair, facing away from her. Hope he feels bad, she thought. She looked at Chase.
"We're leaving for the Fire Nation tomorrow. I'll find a boat, or something. I don't care. I'm not staying here any longer." She said, glaring in Taeo's direction when she finished. Then she directed her attention to the silent Fujin, then spoke again to Chase. "I don't care if he comes, just be ready by morning." She said, then walked back upstairs, crawling into bed and trying to find sleep. It kept evading her, and she tried calming herself, but she was still angry. And she didn't know why. Firebending usually made her so exhausted, she couldn't wait for sleep.
Back to top Go down
Taeo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 pm

He wanted to apologize. So badly. He didn't want her to go. But she'd never listen. He sighed sadly, and went upstairs to knock on her door. She wouldn't answer, he knew this, but he still wanted to apologize. For everything.

He tapped lightly on her door and prayed she wasn't asleep yet.
"Xina, I know you're angry at me. I shouldn't have touched you. I'm sorry. I also know you're not just angry about me. You wanted to find your father, and you got tangled up in all...this. But I want you to know that while you're strong, you cannot be strong alone. Not forever." He pulled a small chain with a round wooden disc on it off his neck. The wooden disc was engraved with a dove and on the back it said love. He slid it under the crack in the door.

"You won't want to take it. I know that. But I hope you will. Because whenever you see it, I want you to remember me, and Jade. My mother. You helped us all, in a small way. We will never be the same again. You're beautiful and wise. Independent and generous. You don't want people to know it, but inside you're very loving. You've got something in you, Xina, that makes everyone feel blessed when they're around you. I just wanted you to know this, before you left. He said the last few sentences quietly, before he quietly went to his room across the hall from her. Whether she heard him or not, he'd given her the necklace. She'd remember him, no matter what...If she accepted it.
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 am

She lay on the windowsill, curled up and staring at the moon. Loving, he'd said. Ha. He didn't know her at all. She really wished he'd stop calling her Xina. When had she given him a right to call her that? The corner of her mouth lifted slightly as she saw the little trinket laying next to the door on the floor. The chain shone slightly in the moonlight. Uncurling her legs from under her, she walked over to it and picked it up. It was embossed with a bird. A little dove, she realized. She examined the chain. It was strong, but thin. She'd never noticed he'd even had it on. She turned it over. Love, it said. She clenched her jaw slightly. She stroked her fingers along the chain, then went back to laying on the windowsill. She fell asleep then, the little bauble clutched in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:22 am

Chase Scylla

Chase finished his soup, looked at Fujin and said, "I do hope you'll join us," with a smile, and nearly closed eyes, and went upstairs to bed. He found the romance silly honestly. They'd just met and already Taeo was guffawing at a woman who refused affection. Not that Chase would know, but he could definitely tell. Chase went to bed happily and quickly.

Mood: Amused

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:24 am

((Darn, sounds like Fujin missed a good time to act out, but instead was all 'silent' lol, sorry guys labor day weekend.))

Fujin Kaze

"Sort of...He wants to travel. I'm looking for....information." softly replied Alxina. Information? That's the same type of quest Fujin is on as well, however during his travels Fujin didn't gather information, instead he just lived life. While finding his parents was his motive to travel, it was almost as if it was an excuse to travel in the first place.

Almost.

Fujin opened his mouth to reply until a man who resembled Taeo, but noticeably older entered the house. He stared at Fujin and others before walking off, which caused a few moments of awkward silence until that was broken by Taeo re-entering the room.

As the room began to liven up a bit more things got heated once again. After the incident Chase had healed Taeo's burned hand. Afterwards Alxina walked in, while she kept her composure calm you could notice she was furious, her face looked slightly clamy and her clothes looked slightly damp, sweaty. She glared at Taeo's direction and spoke.

"We're leaving for the Fire Nation tomorrow. I'll find a boat, or something. I don't care. I'm not staying here any longer." with that she then looked at Fujin and then at Chase.

"I don't care if he comes, just be ready by morning." said Alxina to Chase.

Fujin disregarded that Alxina didn't speak to him directly, she was upset and he could understand to an extent. This disdain for insults and his praying before eating were the very few rare qualities he's adopted as a monk, that and knowing to stay out of certain disputes like this one.

Alxina offered Fujin to stay travel with her and Chase momentarily and Fujin was taken aback by this. He hardly ever traveled with anyone before. He always kept to himself. However he remembered Alxina mentioning their quest for information.

Traveling with them he can keep his ear open for any information they come across without him having to do all the work. He rather liked this idea.

"I do hope you'll join us." insisted Chase.

"Fire Nation huh? Sounds hot, I'm game!" replied Fujin excitedly.

Afterwards, Fujin finished his soup after Chase and retired to his own bed for the night. Fujin enjoyed the comfortable bed, much better than floor he's been sleeping on for the past week. He reflected on the events of today and quiclkly fell asleep.

Mood: Interested

Last edited by Fujin Kaze on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Waking on the windowsill before dawn approached, Alxina slipped into a long black garment that hugged her shape, leaving no fabric to snag on trees. She tied her bow to her hip and her quiver to her back. Everything else she left in a bag hidden under her bed, then went and made sure the door was locked. She'd set the necklace inside of it. She decided that she'd wear it, but not in front of Taeo. She wouldn't give him that satisfaction, that he said something that made her learn a little more about herself. Climbing through the window and onto the branch she'd used the night before, she slid down the tree and out to the docks. She'd steal a boat, get all the supplies and such, then wake Fujin and Chase before the rest of the house awoke.

She went around to the homes of people and silently stole essentials through windows. She didn't steal from families like Taeo's, but from the more well-off folk. After wrapping the food in a bag, she went out to the lake for the tourists. There were a few guards, but she silently knocked a few arrows at them. Stealing whatever was in their pockets, she tied some rocks to their wrists and threw them into the water, so they'd sink to the bottom and no one would know she was there. Cleaning her arrows off, she found a small boat, big enough for four. Perfect. Their supplies would count as a fourth person, so they were set. She quickly sank the boat under the water, relying on Chase to be able to bring it back up. Then, she marked the street below her feet with a little crescent, so she'd know where it had been sunk at.

Going back to Taeo's house like a black shadow, she quickly climbed through one of the upper windows. It was empty, luckily, and she quietly walked into the hallway, the wooden boards creaking ever so slightly. She knew where Chase's room was, and quickly entered, closing the door behind her. Rubbing her hands with her firebending lotion that protected her from her bending, her hand burst into flame, illuminating the dark room. Then she grabbed a small jug of water from the floor, tipping it onto his face.

Not waiting for his answer to this, she went into Fujin's room, next to Chase's. Again, she illuminated the room, and again, she poured water on his face. Not waiting for him to respond to this either, she went down to the kitchen, grabbing a nectarine for Chase, an apple for Fujin and a little tangerine for herself. Setting them on the table, she went back to her room, grabbing her pack from under her bed. She changed back into her regular clothes, slipping the chain of the necklace onto her neck, and hiding the wooden disc beneath her shirt. Going back downstairs, she sat and waited for Fujin and Chase to come down.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Chase Scylla

The water felt great, and Chase woke silently, letting the water stay there and refresh him. He gave a little sigh, he wasn't a morning person at all. He felt dead and unready. He rubbed his bleary eyes and slowly got up, stumbling on the creaky floor and catching a wall for support. Once he felt a bit more awake, he slowly walked down the stairs, slouching as he went, his eyes still half closed. He had all his stuff with him, and stood next to Alxina and said, "Are we all set?" He tried to smile, but the morning prevented this and he just looked weary.

Mood: Why am I up at this God forsaken hour?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friend or Foe?   Friend or Foe? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friend or Foe?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next