The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Friend of the Family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster
Nation: Fire Nation

A Friend of the Family Empty
PostSubject: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako was breaking new ground today, he'd finally be able to meet the woman Tarek just couldn't stop talking about: Sanaki Raiden Zeligus (formerly just Sanaki Zeligus), his beloved wife. Kako was quite looking forward to meeting her, he'd even done her the honour of not delving into her personal file, Kako was really putting himself out there for this lady. On top of that, he still hadn't met the kids, something he was looking forward to quite a bit. As such, he was quite happy when he received an invitation to the Zeligus estate in Fire Fountain City, it seemed Mrs Zeligus felt the same way about him, and Kako couldn't help but be worried about how much she new about him, especially regarding his job as Spymaster of the Fire Nation, which was something he obviously preferred to keep under wraps. Very strong wraps, preferably made of diamond.

As it happens, Kako had elected to take a carriage, powered by two LionTigers, (the very same he'd rode to the Fire Nation with Tarek on) to the Zeligus estate, he knew that Sanaki was wealthy, but he certainly wasn't expecting the massive, sprawling land he saw before him. Once again, Kako congratulated himself on wearing one of his finest suits, bow tie and all. Granted, he didn't really seem 'at home' in it, Kako concluded long ago that formal dress had never suited him. Yet still, he managed to force the damn thing onto him. Soon, he'd bypassed the gates and was at the entrance, he stepped out of his carriage, which soon took off back down the drive. Kako straightened himself up, and waited to see what would happen next.

Mood: Expectant
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Today was going to be an interesting day for Sanaki. Tarek's longtime good friend, Kako, was finally paying her home a visit. Granted, it had been at her invitation, for she wished to know who this man was who her husband spoke so highly of all the time.
Her feminine wiles had been strong enough against Tarek that she had learned that Kako was a spymaster for the Fire Nation. She knew that much, but had not pried farther than that, as it was not her business. What she did not know, however, was if he had looked into the conspiracies behind the Zelgius Family? Luckily for Sanaki, most of these were internal, and other than her covert life as an assassin, didn't really affect anyone else anyways. Her family had not really been missed when they died anyways.

When Kako reached the door however, he was greeted by an extremely elderly woman who appeared to be Water Tribe in her origin, given her brown skin and shining blue eyes. Her hair, while currently grey, was still full, and was most likely brown when she was younger. More importantly than that, she seemed to exude a radiance of pure awesomeness, but she neither said nor did anything about it.
"Ah... Master Kako, is it?" she said in her low, raspy voice, "Lady Sanaki is here... let me fetch her for you. Come in, come in... make yourself at home."

Assuming that he did so, he would soon find himself face-to-face with Sanaki. She held herself regally, and it was sometimes hard to remember that she was blind, given how well she could position her face and eyes to give people the impression that she was making eye contact.
"Hello." she smiled, nodding politely, "you must be Kako Anthropos, then, aye? I do hope that your journey was not too long, and that you can find this place to be comfortable enough."
Such was just the friendly way Sanaki behaved nowadays, especially with gueses who were close friends to someone in the family. This was no exception.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako was greeted by an elderly woman, whom he somehow doubted was Mrs Zeligus, for a moment he wondered whether he was in the right giant estate in the middle of Fire Fountain City, but he cast aside his doubt once his host was mentioned. As he followed the woman, he detected a very slight hint of badassery, but certainly didn't pin it on the old lady. Kako supposed that Tarek must have left some lying around, or perhaps even his wife. After all, he could never be sure.

Soon, he was lead to his host. At first glance, there was nothing incredibly striking about her, she seemed like a perfectly normal Fire Nation lady, golden eyes and all, of course, Kako thought no less of her, he could certainly see why Tarek was so...fond of her. He briefly toyed with the idea of making a joke about the said topic, but decided against it, there was an off-chance that she wouldn't appreciate it, and the spymaster had absolutely no wish to cause any issues. Still, he suddenly found himself extremely worried, it was uncommon for him to not read up on one he was preparing to meet. Though Kako used to do it all the time, it seemed that his job was spoiling him, and he found himself over reading everything. What if Sanaki was a mole? What if she was planning on killing him, he effectively knew nothing, and hated every second of it. Kako made a mental note to never repeat the same mistake.

He returned to the real world when Mrs Zeligus spoke up, she was friendly enough...a little too friendly. Still, he could hardly just stare at her for several minutes, he had to speak up. With an unfaltering tone, he began: "Yes, I am, the trip was perfectly comfortable, thank you, and so far, my stay here has been the same." Deciding that he could no longer be bothered with overly careful pleasantries, Kako stuck out his arm, hoping to shake hands. "But enough of the dramatics, pleased to meet you Mrs Zeligus, may I call you Sanaki?"

Mood: Fine

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

the awesomeness seemed to subside slightly as the old lady disappeared. a little more of it returned when Sanaki stepped up, but there was little more to think about.
Sanaki's keen senses could tell that Kako was significantly worried about something. his heart rate went up just slightly. However, maybe he was thinking about other things that had nothing to do with her. Being a spymaster of any sort probably meant a life of many high risks. Besides, she would be polite. Her life had more or less taken a full turnaround since her marriage, and she was extremely amiable and friendly; quite the contrast to the wicked woman that she was not long before that.

Sanaki smiled and shook his hand. hers were soft and warm, like the hands of any noble firebender would be. "You may indeed." she nodded, "it is what I prefer to go by anyways. feel free to make yourself at home though..."
she sat down, and suddenly, the awesomeness level of the room spiked, jumping up immensely. Zerviah had just walked through the room again, and it went back to its normal level (still a respectable amount of awesome) once the older woman had left the room.

"So how long have you and Tarek known each other?" she asked, trying to mostly just strike up conversation, but also get to know a little more about who Kako really was.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako couldn't help but pick up on the fact that whenever the old lady entered, the scent of awesomeness flooded over him, and the spymaster was having a hard time resisting the urge to talk to her, he was after all, quite curious. Following his host, Kako also sat down, positioning himself opposite Sanaki. Soon, she struck up conversation, something the spymaster was quite glad for, he duly replied. "About seven years I think. We met when I was about to...uh. Kidnap him." Kako tugged at his collar. "It's a long story, it involves my job as a high ranking official in the Fire Nation. Basically, we fought for a while and I won, but it turns out it was unnecessary, anyway, I brought him back to the Fire Nation and we became pretty good buddies from there, an odd meeting, I know." Kako leaned forward in his chair a bit, creating a bridge between his two hands with his fingers, and resting his head near it. "Speaking of which, may I ask what you know about me?"

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:38 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

It was unlikely that Sanaki would be offended if Kako spoke to Zerviah. After all, it wasn't like the woman was some mechanical creation that did not think for herself. As old as she was, she still liked to socialize as well.
Sanaki chuckled softly at Kako's story. She wasn't about to hold this against him. If they were friends, that obviously meant that he was no longer trying to kidnap her husband. Besides... she had been a less-than-savory figure herself that long ago. Marrying Tarek had turned her around.

"So if you won... did you kidnap him?" she asked curiously. "otherwise, I honestly don't know much about you other than that you have a job as a Fire Nation spymaster, and that you are good friends with my husband Tarek. otherwise... feel free to share whatever you wish?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Kako Anthropos

In response to the first question, Kako chuckled "In a sense, yes, I did." He was slowly, yet surely relaxing, edging back in his chair until he was in a comfortable lean. Kako did, however, return to his previous state once he heard what Sanaki said next. Though, he only betrayed that with a slight wince. God dammit Tarek. Still, Kako maintained a positive view, as long as nothing else had been said, he was perfectly fine. With a slightly worried tone, he said "Well, because of the nature of my position I'd prefer not to go into too much detail, don't worry, I haven't been spying on you, or anything like that." Kako was getting ever so slightly uncomfortable talking about his position, something that went against years of training, so he opted to change the subject as quickly as possible.

The spymaster made a show of looking around the room. "This is quite the place, tell me, what is it you do for a living again? If you, uh, don't mind the intrusion of course." Kako somehow doubted that just Tarek's payroll could support the both of them, two kids, and another lady, though he wasn't sure if the latter actually needed to eat or not. Kako would know, he was earning around the same amount as Tarek, and he owned quite the place himself. Still, he was barely able to keep it running on his own (though Jake did need feeding every once in a while), he could only imagine what it was like for a whole family.

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki smiled sweetly. "well... thank you for letting him go then... I do not know where I would be if I didn't meet my lovee."
She noticed his movements; her keen senses picking up a rise in heart rate once again. However, she could tell that this was a sensitive subject for him, and did not want to make her guest, which was her husband's best friend, uncomfortable.

She actually heaved a small sigh of relief in knowing that he had not spied on her or her family at all. "well... that is honestly good to know. thank you." There was no sarcasm there--she meant what she had said. She was about to change the subject herself before Kako beat her to it.

Sanaki paused for a moment, and decided against mentioning her "secret" career that had almost disappeared completely into the shadows with time. There was occasionally that rare time when it did come up again, but she decided against mentioning it.
"I am an actress and a dancer." She replied, "often at places like the Ember Island Theater and others."
she was a good actress as well, and so was somewhat of a local celebrity. Thus, she usually brought home a good amount of money.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako nodded ever so slightly. "Oh, right. If there's one thing the Fire Nation is good at doing, it's producing dancers." He wasn't entirely sure if there was anything else to bring up, so he decided to go with the obvious. "So...who was that old lady? She seemed pretty awesome. Is she your mother? Sorry, for prying she seems to be quite old, older than anyone I've seen before actually. On top of that, she's wearing Water Tribe stuff, but you look pure Fire Bender." Kako shrugged "So...what's up with that?"

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki laughed. "dancers indeed... both the good and the less-than-savory kind... sufficeth to say, I am a woman of class, not trash."
this was obvious though, given the state of her clothes and appearance, her mannerisms, and the finery of her house, her looks, and even just the way she carried herself, all looked the part. Thus, her saying it was, if anything, just redundant.

Sanaki paused for a moment.
"oh, her? no... no... she could be my great-grandmother if anything..." she answered, "She's Zerviah Foxx of the Northern Water Tribe... apparently something of a celebrity up there for a while... she is the main keeper of the grounds and estate here for us."
Servant could have been the right word, but Sanaki thought very highly of Zerviah, and to her, she was much more than just that.

"Awesome would be a mild way to describe her." she laughed, "for she is a great many things... and has inspired awe in me and even Tarek, numerous times. have you heard of her by chance?"
Zerviah was 116 years old, and so there was, if anything, plenty of time for news about her to spread. She had not done anything that could get her labelled as a criminal, but she had still done many great deeds in her long life, to say the least.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 am

Kako Anthropos

Kako, who had previously been wearing his aviators, removed them. "That was Zerviah Foxx?" He pointed to door where she'd previously been standing, then took a moment to gape, before closing his mouth again. "Incredible. I remember when I took over as...you know, about fifteen years ago, I remember browsing through our archives, and I distinctly remember that she had an entire filing cabinet of information to herself! Which is quite the achievement. Which is even more impressive when you realize that that the Fire Nation's "filing cabinets" come with ladders, in order for the person searching through them to be able to reach the top shelf. You really wouldn't believe what type of every day crap comes through my office, still, you never know."

Suddenly, a thought struck Kako. "Speaking of which...why is a one hundred and sixteen year old Water Tribe Legend your groundskeeper? I understand that you may want reliable security but...that's ridiculous." Kako made a mental note to get his own badass Water Tribe General for security, they seemed to be all the rage.

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki nodded. "that was indeed Zerviah Foxx..." she trailed off as Kako explained a bit about what he knoew of the old woman. She knew that Zerviah had a history, but it was at times like this that she realised just how much could happen in 116 years.

"So what do you know of her?" she asked, "is she famous or infamous?"
she shrugged when he asked his next question. "She was hired by my parents when I was about 4 years old." she replied, "I do not know what they knew of her, but by the time I learned who she was, she had been in my service for many years. Besides... she's given this place a reputation for maximum security." she laughed.
"but if you wish to speak with her, feel free to. Make yourself at home."

she remained seated, "I am curious though... what do you know of her?Have you met her before?"
Zerviah may have lived at the estate, but tshe had her days off and did her own travelling, and Sanaki did not mind this. Zerviah had her own life, after all.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 am

Kako Anthropos

Kako shifted awkwardly in his seat, looking for an answer. "A little bit of both, to be honest. We were always wary of her, but it's a bit, uh, difficult not to admire the old girl a bit. But overall, we monitored her around the clock for good reason, thankfully, she's retired now." He chuckled. "No, I have never met her. Thankfully, I'm quite fond of my limbs." He summoned a small ball of flame on one of his fingertips, and began to nonchalantly bounce it about on his hand, letting it leap around on his fingertips.

He looked to the door once again "I may just speak with her later, but for now..." he extinguished the flame. "I think i'll be fine." He cleared his throat. "So, how was it exactly that you met? You and Tarek, I mean."

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

This made Sanaki chuckle. "thankfully she's retied? what happened 'back in the day', if I might ask?"
She had heard some of Zerviah's tales and kind of already had assumptions as to why Kako was glad she retired. She knew that the old woman had had a history of defeating Fire Nation troops, given that she had been a mighty war leader in most battles between the Seige of the North and the War of Tipped Scales. She decided not to ask.

she did chuckle though. "oh come now... unless you were the one who made her children die of old age or something, I doubt that she'd tear you limb from limb this early."

she sat back, playing with her hands. "Tarek and I met at Ember Island while we were both vacationing. We met in a tea shop and had lunch together. the rest... well, the rest is history."
right as she said this, she heard two little voices as they sprung through the door.

"ooh. the children are home." she smiled, and sure enough, two tiny children, a little boy and a little girl both no older than 6 had come through the door.

"Kako, this is Kaede and Katsuo," she replied, pointing to her little daughter and son respectively. "kids... this is Kako. he's one of daddy's best friends."
both the children cautiously approached him, intrigued by his appearance. Then again, they were both really small and he was really tall...
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako smirked. "Well, I was part of the mission to turn them into mortals." He joked. His smirk, however, faded when she asked abut 'back in the day', returning as a less arrogant smile a moment later. "Well, you probably don't know that I was in the War of Tipped Scales, albeit only slightly. It's actually pretty much a miracle I survived, I was, after all, on Novai's side." Kako said his last statement without a hint of remorse, he was only on the sidelines, and spent most of the war in the local pub, he related that fact to Sanaki, before continuing. "So, I never experienced the wrath of Zerviah, although being spymaster, I was forced to work my way through the constant reports of everything she'd done, so I have a fairly good feel for her. To make an extremely long story short, she kicked a lot of people's ass, a lot. The lady has a talent for attacking Firebenders, which comes from experience, I suppose."

Kako who was previously relaxing in the armchair, immediately straightened up, when he heard the sound of the children, in all fairness, he wasn't used to the sound of them. Kako was after all, the Fire Nation's most eligible bachelor. He did live with Jake, but Jake learned not to shout long ago, Kako liked to think he was good at disciplining people, though he couldn't take all the credit, wooden bats tended to help. Of course, he wasn't going to start beating any children, he knew much better than that. Besides, training in badassery only began at thirteen. Kako looked down at them, and smiled in the most friendly way someone possessing a giant scar on his face could. He waved. "Uh, hey...kids." He'd 'lax up eventually, but for the current time he was quite stuck as to what to do.

Mood: Lost

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki nodded in acknowledgement. "that was a confusing matter of war and politics, and I cannot say in any honesty that Novai was much of a good ruler. But, I suppose such things are in the past, and so let us think of happier things."

she laughed when she heard Kako's remarks on Zerviah. "she is a one-woman security force... and probably a one-woman army."
She had told Sanaki many of her stories defending the Water Tribe, which just happened to be attacked by the Fire Nation a lot. Zerviah herself did not discriminate.

Sanaki noticed his unusual reaction around the children, and it made her wonder just a tad.
"Hey, mister!" Katsuo replied, his finger up his nose for a moment. "so are you daddy's best friend?"
"Mommy is daddy's best friend." Kaede corrected him.

"Mister Kako," Kaede stepped forward again. "so why are you daddy's best friend?"
Sanaki smiled from behind them. "if they ask too many questions, don't be afraid to let them know." she whispered. they both did seem pretty excited to meet him.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 am

Kako Anthropos

Kako sighed in relief, reminding himself not to over think anything. They were, after all, just kids. He smiled slightly at their comments. "Well young man" he said, addressing the boy "I'm daddy's best friend because, a long, long time ago, in the Earth Kingdom I..." Kako was about to recite the thrilling tale of when he absolutely destroyed Tarek, being the best and all. However his better judgement managed to get the better of him, and edited the story ever so slightly. "...was beaten by your daddy. Because, as I'm sure you know already your daddy's the best in the Fire Nation." He ruffled the kid's hair, making a mental note to wash his mouth out with soap when he got back home.

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Katsuo grinned, and even little Kaede beamed. "yeah!" he threw his arms in the air. "I knew daddy was the best! woo! woo! kickapow!" he threw his little fists in he air as he made imaginary punches. It always made children happy to know that their dad could beat up someone else's dead... or at least a man that could be a father.

Sanaki simply chuckled. "daddy certainly is the best in the Fire Nation," she joked along with them, and leaned towards Kako. "although surely you know that we're probably all biased in that situation." she chuckled, referring to herself and the children. Either way, Kako was at least a good sport about it, regardless of what the outcome had truly been.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friend of the Family   A Friend of the Family Empty

Back to top Go down

A Friend of the Family
Page 1 of 1