The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Search for Pa Lakhti

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 pm

[OOC-sorry it's short. most all Zulera can do is listen here.]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera listened to the story, suddenly remembering a similar tale told by the Earth Kingdom which was significantly different. she figured both sides had bias in and of themselves as it was, but a repository of knowledge was a repository of knowledge... and knowledge... was power.

"sounds like we've got ourselves an adventure then." she nodded approvingly, "but clearly if we're seeking out a repository of knowledge, you must be going with a clear intent of what you're seeking. If you're willing to sate the curiosity of an avatar... what is this knowledge?"
Mood: Curious
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:23 pm

"..." Kano seriously considered the issue of telling her. He wasn't sure he wanted her to know about it. Strange as it seemed, their little jaunt about the world as travelling companions all those months ago had somehow come and gone without the various weaknesses of the Aowaka Clan being revealed to Zulera. That said, he wasn't entirely sure he could trust her not to abuse the knowledge. Zai was one thing. He'd stumbled upon it of his own accord. And on top of that, he hardly ever opened his mouth. No great threat there. That, at least, had turned out for the best.

Finally, he decided that there wasn't much point in keeping it a secret from her. Who was she going to sell the information to? General Yu? The Fire Nation? She'd be more likely to sell it to Dood Brenger. All the other enemies of the Aowaka Clan were far too well hidden for flighty Zulera to bother finding. Plus... those organizations already knew about it.

"I'm hoping I'll be able to find the secret to removing my family's weakness to Chi-blocking." he said finally, staring down into the fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

after hearing the answer, she nodded. Zulera was the type who liked knowledge simply for the sake of having knowledge. She wasn't exactly fond of sharing knowledge, but she didn't mind an exchange--or a high enough bribe. whatever the case, she wasn't a blabbermouth, and wouldn't just go about freely telling anyone. so even then, before they could get secrets out of her, people would first have to learn that she knew said secrets.

"Ah..." she remarked, "and so... do you know what the secret to solving the weakness is, or is that what we're going here to try and figure out?"

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm

"If I knew the secret, I wouldn't have to drag my ass across the harshest desert in the world to find the information." Kano said, shaking his head slightly. He was more upset about his own ignorance than her relatively pointless question. He had always been irked by the fact that despite all his research, all he'd ever come across was rumor and conjecture about what he was looking for...

He stood up with a sigh and paced around, his hands on his hips.

"All I know is legend." he said. "I've been trying to triangulate the location of the city for upwards of six years. I've used rumors, historical accounts, and legends to piece it all together. But no one's been that far across the Si Wong in a thousand years. If it's still there... or if it ever was... there's no account of it in the records anywhere."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"well." she quipped, "I hardly expected you to know the technique itself as much as just the idea of what it was. Just because I know what energybending is doesn't mean I know how to use it."
After all, if he knew the technique, whatever it was, there would be no purpose to traversing this forsaken desert to try and find it, unless this was a treasure hunt. at the same time... maybe it was. Zulera made a mental note of it.

"sounds to me like either the place doesn't exist, or more likely, it was removed from history. history is written by the victors, and if the Earth Kingdom conquered this place, they would tell the story from their own point of view. If they found something of particular value that they didn't want others getting their hands on... well it would be an obvious move to remove it from records. I'd probably do the same if I had my own secret little treasure trove."

"but..." she stretched, "those are just my thoughts on the matter. where there's a will, there's a way. I'm interested enough now that I want to find it."
while t may not have seemed like much, Zulera, as lazy as she was, stuck with things when she put her mind to them, and now she was determined to find the city of Pa Lakhti.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 am

"No, Zul," Kano said, shaking his head. "I don't know any of it. I don't even know if it exists. All I have is a vague location and the knowledge that if there's anywhere in the world that the information could have been, it would have been the archives at Pa Lahkti. That's all."

He listened to what she had to say on the city and laughed wryly.

"Oh, the city exists." Kano said, shaking his head slightly. "This isn't some far-off legend hidden in the annals of time. Aowaka lived there. Our family has relics from the city. He founded the clan there and built the first clan hall in front of the palace. The clan hall in the Northern Water Tribe is an almost exact replica, with a few additions over the years. No, it's there." he nodded, looking east across the desert. "It's there, hiding. All we have to do is find it. That's the hard part."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera listened once more, and quickly realized that something somewhere was not adding up. either he knew it existed or he didn't, and he had directly just finished contradicting himself. maybe it was just a slip-up or a goof, maybe it wasn't. however, Zulera may ave been crazy, but she wasn't stupid.

"wait... so you're not even sure if it exists, but it does and you and your family have relics from the place? which is it?"
she just wanted to know if they knew what they were looking for or not. it could determine a lot of things.

"but I'm assuming it's the latter. I'm intrigued enough a--intrigued enough that I want to see this through, or at least get a bit of firsthand experience with cactus juice. still... I suppose that's for the morning, or are we going to travel when it's cool and shelter ourselves during the heat of the day?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:06 am

Kano smiled wryly.

"The question isn't the existence of the city." he said. "It's out there somewhere. The question is whether the information I'm looking for will be there. Who knows what's happened since the city was abandoned? The archives could have burned, been flooded, been ransacked... Or they could have just been invented by a bunch of scholars who wanted to believe that finding Pa Lahkti could be the answer to all their hopes. Who knows what we'll find there?"

He listened to the question about their travel plans and turned back toward the fire.

"Can't travel in the Si Wong at night." he said, walking slowly back toward Zulera. "Not on the ground, anyway. Gets cold enough to freeze water on occasion. We'll rest here tonight and get back on the road tomorrow morning."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded. "ah. that makes more sense. thanks."
she mused at his words regarding the desert. they didn't make a terrible amount of sense to her, but perhaps that was because she was the avatar, and thus by extension, a firebender. such things made heat fairly easy to come by for her.

"sounds good then." she replied, "well, as long as we don't burn up or shrivel up, anyways."
she chuckled, just to show it was all in good humor. she was certainly not about to back out of this by any means.
Mood: Amused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 am

"Right." Kano nodded. "Well. I'm going to get some sleep."

He walked over to a spot near the rocks where his equipment was gathered and settled down, pulling a blanket over himself. He drifted off fairly quickly and had a dream that was strange. It was mainly just one about staring at strange carvings in a random desert rock...

The next morning, he awoke early and began preparing the eel-hound for the day's journey. He secured all their supplies and fed the beast. It was only when he was pulling on his cloak that he looked around and found he couldn't see Zulera anywhere...

"Zul?" he said slowly, looking around.

(OOC: Sorry for the god-moddish stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"same." she replied, and she plopped down where her gear was, and was asleep within moments.

she woke up super early just as the sun began shedding its light upon the desert, and it was right around here that she decided that she had a brilliant idea in mind. she'd go off, find some cacti, and have her fun.

to her great joy, she was able to do just that. finding a cactus, she made quick work of decapitating it, storing as much juice as possible into one of her flasks--two of them in fact. she figured that she shouldn't drink it right now--she'd never find her way back.
she wandered back, and heard her name called a few times. Kano was looking for her.

"I'm back." she replied, "and pretty much ready do go. are you?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:50 am

"Uh... y..es." Kano said slowly, watching her as she returned to the camp. "What were you do--?"

He began, confused. He was halfway through the question before he decided that he'd rather not know. The things that Zulera got herself into... It was enough to curb just about anyone's curiosity. It was probably just a tale of her flashing some sandbender anyway...

"Never mind." he said, shaking his head as he climbed up into the saddle of the eel-hound, looking around. "We better hit the sand if we're going to get any real travel done. We don't want to be caught out in the middle of the dunes when the sun starts to go down and there's only a few settlements between here and the Crag."

He'd bought a map back at the Oasis. The Crag was a large stone formation in the far eastern wild of the dunes. Everything east of it was a blank expanse. No one, not even the sandbenders who made their homes in this wasteland dared to pass it. Legend told of everything from ancient curses to unstoppable sand-beasts beyond...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "hey! this time I'll proudly let you know that I kept ALL of my clothes on, including my top." she informed him, "this was just a matter of... collection of some things."
she hopped up with him, ready to depart as well.
"whatever the case, I'm with you here. let's get this show on the road. the sooner we get there, the better, right?"

she wasn't entirely sure that Kano knew which way they were supposed to go, let alone the location of their final destination, but she certainly didn't know, and given her lack of better things to do or places to go, she had no intention of backing out. besides, once Zulera started an adventure, she never backed out till it was over. however, given how recently she joined the expedition, she didn't have much of a clue about it anyways, and so she simply trusted Kano as he led them onward.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 am

"Right." Kano nodded.

The journey through the desert was not an easy one. The heat was incredible. It wasn't so hard to bear, but it still seared any skin which dared to show itself. The dunes seemed to go on forever, unending, unchanging. The terrain knew no variation. That, certainly, was one of the many dangers of this place...

Whatever the dangers, Kano's determination overcame his uncertainty and fear. He kept his eyes locked upon the horizon as the eel-hound charged forward. The sun rose and fell twice. each night, they made camp and lit a fire to stay warm. Each day, they used the cover of cloaks to protect themselves from the punishing rays of the sun as they went on. And then, as the second day drew to a close, a figure appeared on the horizon in the distance... It was the Crag.

"There!" Kano said, pointing. "We're almost there!"

They rode a ways into the night before reaching the massive stone structure jutting out of the sand, the summit of some great mountain under the dunes. They found cover and set camp, settling down for the night. They would search for the clues hidden in the rock in the morning...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:12 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera hated the heat, and wished that it was heat like the Fire Nation. if it was, she could just throw her top off and be content. here if she did that, her back would get deep-fried, and she'd have little to show for it.
she was surprised at how hard it was to stay conscious during the ride, Kanoei had a stronger will against the heat than she did, something she found ironic. perhaps she was just more cold-resistant. whatever the case, it did not treat the avatar well, as she was red from the heat, and looked ready to faint most of the time.

the nights were welcome, as Zulera was more resistant to the cold. still, it was incredible cold that had her bundling up, and she knew already that she hated this place.
after waht seemed like eternity, (despite only being a couple days), something new happened.

"There!" Kano said, pointing. "We're almost there!"
"FINALLY!" she moaned, still red and miserably hot from the day's heat. even as it cooled down, it took a while for Zulera's body to get the message, but maybe it was just all the riding. whatever the case, when night fell and they set up camp, Zulera was grateful.
she didn't have much to say at the moment, but would probably be back in commission after some good rest.

Mood: Groggy
Condition: Hot, but well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 am

"This is the Crag." Kano said as the velvet sky hung overhead and the dull moon bathed the stone at the entrance to their place of respite. "According to legend, it stands half way across the dunes from the Great Barrier. Supposedly, this... place hides the map to the city. It's going to take some serious searching to find it..."

He looked around at the cave. It was massive from what he could see. The crag could barely have fit in Gaoling. It was positively monolithic in scale. What was more, it was hardly accessible. There were many different levels to it from the outside, yet no discernible way to ascend. It figured. This wasn't going to be easy...
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera glanced back at him. "Well... where do we start?"
there was no point sitting around contemplating how difficult it would be. strategizing? maybe. but she didn't see a reason why they couldn't just crack down and start searching.

"so what's the plan, chief?" she asked, "how do we wanna search this thing, and where should we start? I'm all game if you are."
The Crag took Zulera's curious interest, and she wanted to explore it. her curiosity was what had led her out here in the first place, and now she was interested and intrigued, and wanted more than anything (At the moment) to find the end of this journey. where would it be? what will they have gained? lost? there was so much possibility.
Mood: Groggy
Condition: Hot, but well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 pm

"It's going to be hard to scale the outside of the Crag." Kano said, considering carefully. "But we can't both bother with that. There are also caves leading underground..."

He thought through their options carefully. It wasn't going to be a simple thing, finding what they were looking for in this vast complex of a mountain. And even after they did, who knew what challenge it would tell of? They would have to be quick, yet thorough and stop at nothing to find what they were trying to...

"We'll have to split up. One of us should take the outside and one, the underground." he said, pointing at this last bit toward the entrance to the underground cave system. "Otherwise, we'll be searching forever. If you're willing, I'd like you to take the outside. You'll be able to fly up over the formation one way or other and move between the levels of the outside far more easily than I. A firebender could make their way in the underground with a bit more ease than a waterbender, but I can fashion a torch and... Well, there's a better chance for moisture underground out here..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search for Pa Lakhti   The Search for Pa Lakhti - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Search for Pa Lakhti
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2