The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Search of Bison

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai Li
Mai Li

EXP : 1328

Character Description
Position: Air Council Member, South Temple
Nation: Air Temples

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Mai had to take a running start this time, as she woke, a loud explosion nearby shook her makeshift hammock, frightening the child that still thrived in Mai's mind. She jumped up, looking down to see her Lemur still sleeping. She quickly wrapped her bedroll up, and grabbed her glider-staff before poking May, who shot up as if she'd been faking being alseep the whole time. Mai took off, looking out at a nearby mountain, which at the top, she knew, was the the Great Southern Air Temple. She didn't know if anyone was there, she only knew that no one had left there all night, nor early this morning.

She pulled up, flying skyward, through the clouds. Once she surfaced, she found herself looking at a place that seemed vaguely familiar to the Northern Temple, though it was simpler. A faint smile touched her face, it was still intact, but she saw no one, heard no one. May hovered nearby, opening her mouth, and chewing whenever a bug drifted too close to her.

Mai giggled, "You'll eat anything, won't you?" The Lemur turned it's big round eyes on Mai, so understanding. "I wish you could talk to me...", her voice trailed off, and became small and sad, "I wish anyone would talk to me." She glanced up again, "Well, it can't be helped, c'mon, let's see if anyone's home.", she said, diving, and landing near the Air Soccer 'field', looking at it longingly. "I wonder if I'll ever play Air Soccer again...what do you think May?" The Lemur made a a few soft squeeks before falling silent, but seemed to be talking to a butterfly that had eluded her. "Yeah...I don't think so either.", she said, starting up the steps, toward the center.

Last edited by Mai Li on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi didn't visit the Southern Air Temple too often, but when she did, it was often just to sate her nomadic spirit.

the deserted nature of the area meant that it was a good, quiet place for her to practice a few of her skills. she did so, weaving through the winds and the walls and other obstacles, like a leaf in the wind.
she also used this as a moment to try her most famous ability. she compressed the air around her and then shot it into the mountainside, where she let it expand, this produced a loud explosion, and Xilingshi nodded, content with her technique.
she practiced her other, less lethal moves a bit longer, before stopping to meditate a little bit. in the quiet, she heard another voice... female, probably young, around her age.

she ignored it for a while, continuing her meditation, but after a while, she wandered around, trying to find the source of the voice.
"Who's there?" she asked, though her tone was one of curiosity. she wasn't afraid at all.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Last edited by Xilingshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mai Li
Mai Li

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Mai wandered aimlessly through the temple, realizing quite quickly that the place was deserted. "No Flying Bison here May..." She sighed, and had just about given up hope when a voice cut the silence, and sent the young airbender's spirit soaring. She perked up, and dashed in the direction of the voice with more enthusiasm than a young child, "My name is Mai Li!", she called out, hoping not to catch the person at a bad time. "Who're you?", she asked, just as she appeared before you. She was so happy that one might say she was even glowing. May, on the other hand, was munching noisily on something she had pinched firmly between her hands, staring at the new person with a piqued interest.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she finally came across the woman that she had been searching for, having followed the voice.
after a greeting, she was asked her name.

"Xilingshi," Xilingshi replied, "Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki. Xilingshi wasn't really a smiler, but she gave a polite neutral expression and nodded, keeping her tone upbeat.

"What brings you all the way up here?" she raised a curious eyebrow. visitors here were rare. she was here researching elements of her old culture, and she did not visit this temple often. nonetheless, meeting someone new was always an interesting story.
"Who's there?" she asked, though her tone was one of curiosity. she wasn't afraid at all.
Link:

Last edited by Xilingshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mai Li
Mai Li

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Mai shrugged, "Well, to be honest, I was hoping to find Flying Bison, or other Airbenders." She smiled, "Mission accomplished.", she said. She gripped her staff tightly between her hands, she was happy to see an Airbender from another temple, happy to know the Northern benders weren't the only ones who returned and thrived.

"Oh, and this is May.", she said, poking the lemur lightly with her staff. "She's usually more lively, but I guess she's in a lazy mood. What are you doing way up here, all alone too? Or are there other Airbenders hiding around here?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm

[OOC--so sorry I forgot about this thread. ><]

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi shrugged. "I'm not sure how many are around here... there are a few of us up north, a bunch of us out in the west and east though. I'm from the Eastern Air Temple myself... came up here to see if there was any life of any kind here. apparently there is the occasional fellow. wonder if there are any permanent residents..."

she paused. "does that answer your question?" she asked curiously; she wasn't trying to be rude.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mai Li
Mai Li

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Mai smiled, and nodded, "Yes, I was only curious if there were Airbenders here. You actually were a lot more detailed than that. Thank you." She looked up, "I hope some Airbenders move here...gee...any benders would be better than none." Her smile never faded, never faultered, "Maybe not Firebenders...the irony of it would make me pretty mad..."

"Anyway, what about Bison?", she asked excitedly, "Are there any Bison here? Oh, what about other Lemurs, I've never seen one living wild, always pets, or sometimes mail carriers. I haven't seen any Bison, the Northern Air Temple is kinda boring, not all broing, but there aren't many kids there, sometimes Earthbenders would show up to stay for a few days, but it wasn't all that busy, am I talking too much? I am, aren't I?" She paused, and thought for a moment, "Not that there weren't other kids there, but my friends were boys, and the girls thought I was too boy-ish so they didn't really want to do anything after the boys stopped being my friends." It was at this point that she took a breath, ahving spent all of it talking, "I'm 21, and this is the first time I've ever seen an Airbender from one of the other temples, you said Eastern, right? I heard it's beautiful there, is it?"

May had ceased eating, staring up at Xilingshi with questioning eyes, wondering if she could handle Mai's talkitiveness as well as she could. Though the lemur couldn't understand them, she had to listen to Mai all the time.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was a commander of a battalion. she was used to hearing people talking, despite being a woman of a few words herself.

"there's not much here that I know of, though the occasional nomad slips in and out or whatnot. there are bison over in the Eastern and Western Air Temples though; I know that much. the Eastern Air Temple is a beautiful place, and I have fought with my warriors to keep it such. I admit that I ever never exactly a girly-girl either... never had the time or the motivation to be such. I was and am a warrior."

her tone was official-sounding, but she was polite about it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mai Li
Mai Li

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Mai nodded throughout Xi's speaking, absorbing every word. She, surprisingly, was an excellent listener, if you could get her to shut up, that is. She smiled more and more as you spoke, and then, suddenly, a question invaded her mind. "What're you doing so far away from the Eastern Air Temple if you enjoy protecting it so much?", she blurted it, her curiosity swirling like a hurricane.

May had finally decided to check Xi out, edging closer and closer in a casual crawl, stopping at your feet to look up at you with big round eyes.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:29 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she almost chuckled at the remark. "well... I'm an Air Nomad. we travel, and I am no exception. thankfully, the temple is not always in need of protection, so I am not in an around-the-clock job."

"so what are *you* doing here?" she asked curiously. she wasn't going to get intrusive, but she was curious. "surely it wasn't just a quest for bison, was it?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mai Li
Mai Li

Character Description

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Mai smiled sheepishly, "Well, of course, should have thought of that...", she remarked. "Anyway, um, well...I was here for more than just Bison...Airbenders, of course...and...there was something down in the forest...an explosion or something..." She shrugged, and then mumbled, "Come to think of it, that could have been a Bison landing..."

May jumped onto Xi's shoulder without warning, staring at her, and lightly patting Xi's head, as if to say good job. In reality, she hoped to find bugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Search of Bison Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search of Bison   In Search of Bison Empty

Back to top Go down

In Search of Bison
Page 1 of 1