The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet Air [Mature]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi couldn't help but chuckle. sure it was cheesy that her love or his, or both, or something... had cured his Withdrawal, but she certainly wasn't complaining about any of it.

"heh," she chuckled, "I... I guess I'm glad that I could be part of it."
she didn't really have much else to add. she was happy, he was happy, they had had a great night, and she had no regrets.
She was curious about her warrior vs woman mentality, however, and while that was present in her mind, it was not consuming her by any means. she could find that out sooner or later. there was no need to rush it.
Mood: Very Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:21 am

Kano's eyebrows furrowed, his smile faded. It didn't make any sense. How was it possible that something like the Withdrawal could be beaten so easily. He turned his gaze skyward, his eyes training on a small crack in the stone ceiling. A glorious night, to be sure. There was no two ways about it. However, what could possibly have checked the Withdrawal? Surely making love with someone wasn't the trick to overcoming a massive chi imbalance...

"How...?" he suddenly realized he'd been muttering this under his breath over and over again, almost inaudibly. When he did, he felt the question realize itself into a complete though. "How is this possible?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was still mostly out of it, lying on her back, the only real movement coming from the rhythmic up and down movement of her exposed chest. She was aware that Kano was muttering, but could not tell what he was saying, as her eyes and ears were not functioning properly as of yet, as she was still mostly asleep.

She was almost falling back asleep, her wavy brown hair covering most of the back of her body. when it wasn't done up, it was much longer than it seemed like it should be. either way, it was quite pretty.

she rolled over lazily so she was face down, her face pointed towards Kano's direction.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 am

Kano's mind worked furiously, trying to make sense of it all. It just didn't make sense. Suddenly, he sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. He hunched over and planted his elbows on his knees, bringing his hands together and resting his chin on his thumbs. He felt the cool air all over his body. It was soothing, but it did nothing to calm his confusion.

This was all just too strange to overlook, to take for what it was and not ask questions. It didn't make sense at all. It just didn't. Chi was subject to a science of understanding. His family had known it's most intimate details for generations. There was no way he simply overlooked something like this in his research. There was no way his father had forgotten to mention that a simple connection with another person could resolve the Deep Withdrawal. Though he didn't often lend thought to the subject, his parents weren't exactly in a loveless relationship. He'd seen his father use the Soul Strikes before and the Withdrawal had sometimes been with him for weeks. If all it took so resolve it was a night with his wife, why did it linger with him? Surely his mother would have done whatever she had to for her husband...

There was nothing for it. As much as he found the notion that some fairy tale love cure had solved this to be adorable in a quaint sort of way, he couldn't believe it. He needed answers. As he sat there, staring at himself in the mirror, looking into his own confused, sapphire blue eyes, he found himself seriously considering the option to stand up now and immediately make for his family's great library in the Northern Water Tribe. He had remained because of Gen's determined plea that he stay. However, this was no longer about some opportunistic bounty hunters...
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's thoughts were much simpler. her mind fluttered and raced about musing over what had happened, and how much it interested her that perhaps womanhood and warriorhood were not so far apart after all. She wasn't ashamed of her body... there was just a mentality in her that for some reason built a wall between being a warrior and being a woman, as if she were unable to be both.

she wanted to be seen as a warrior. She wanted to be feared and respected for her abilities, which, so far, she generally was. She feared that if she was looked at more as a woman, that people would swiftly forget that she was also a powerful airbending expert and military strategist. Granted, after last night, it was rather easy to forget that herself. The way he had caressed her body, particularly her breast... well, it was sensational.

but her beauty or lack thereof aside, it was not a trait she was interested in having. While she wasn't hard on the eyes in her warrior's garb, it was clear after seeing her in a bathing suit with her hair down (or in Kano's case, naked as well) that she was one of those girls that cleaned up nicely. her own looks were part of her concern. She didn't think of them so much as a curse--she just wanted them to play second fiddle to her appearance as a warrior. if she really didn't want to be beautiful, she'd jump off of one of the higher pagodas and smash her face in when she landed on a lower one. that, however, would be stupid.

it was somewhat of a comforthing thought actually--so comfortable, that she ended up falling asleep over it. her breathing grew heavier as she nestled back into a slumber. the blanket was covering most of her body just below her waist, and so part of her hips* were also visible, as well as the sky-blue arrow lines that ran up her spine and branched off at her arms, but also continued up to her neck and head. her hair had fluttered mostly to either side of her, and so her back and much of her butt were still revealed as she slept.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:15 am

Kano looked over his shoulder at Xi. She had fallen back asleep. He just sat there, looking at her form through uncertain eyes. He watched as her chest filled with air and emptied once more over and over again, considering the position he was in carefully. On the one hand, he had found a love in her, one he did not want to abandon. On the contrary, he wanted with all his being to remain there with her. Yet, he had questions. Questions she could not answer. Yet, he doubted anyone in the north could answer them either. The library of the Aowaka Clan was great indeed, but if there was wisdom on this issue to be found there, he would have found it by now. It all just... didn't make sense. He felt like he had to go. Where? He knew not.

"How can I even be considering this?" he asked himself, his voice not even half a whisper. Granted, this was the first time he had ever experienced true love or any of the physical involvement therein. His life up until that night had been one of rigorous study and exploration of the world. He had completely forgone the pursuit of love. Now that he was in love, it only served to confuse him further.

Slowly, as if some force within him resisted the commands his mind was urging his body onward with, he rose from the bed. He moved to it's end and stooped, picking up the piled length of plain white fabric he had shed the night before shortly after joining Xi in the bed. He began wrapping it around his waist and groin as he had thousands of times before in his life. A good fundoshi was a long-lived garment. Once it was tied, he pulled on his pants and his kimono and quietly left the room, opening, stepping through, and closing the door behind him in absolute silence. He needed some air...
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:14 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi woke up a while later, confused as to why she was alone. she had woken up earlier and he had been right there. why did he leave? was she not good enough? was it against some sort of Water Tribe custom? had she dome something wrong? she shouldn't have fallen asleep! she knew it... why did she have to be so lazy.

she pulled herself up, wondering what had worn her out so much... it had to have been something they did the previous night.
she looked around, gather her clothing. she slid her gloves on, latching them in place, before finally finding her underwear, slowly sliding it back over her loin and chest. she walked towards the small mirror in the room, and looked to start doing up her hair, except that the band she tied it with was missing. there wasn't really any good substitute for it either. she swore under her breath, but at the same time, realized that Kano had a point. she was rather pretty.

that confused her though. she had to get over this barrier between warriordom and femininity that she was erecting herself. That, and she needed to find and apologize to Kano... oh, and Gen as well. definitely Gen. she had missed their daily appointment. she pulled her pants back on, doing up her belt. she then put her shirt back on and raced out to find him, also hoping to find a band for her hair. it felt weird running with her hair flowing behind her.

"Gen!" she shouted, bursting into his office, "Gen Zhou... I'm... I'm sorry for this morning... I... err..." she trailed off. surely this had to be just the slightest bit awkward for her sudden appearance. that, and she almost never showed herself without her hair done up, even if she was otherwise dressed the part.
Mood: Confused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Chief Strategist, FN
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 am

Gen looked around, surprised. He had been leaning back in his seat, sipping from a steaming cup of tea as he read a rather engaging epic saga Aamatsu had lent him, a best seller from Ba Sing Se. It was the third of six chapters. When Xilingshi had burst into his office, he had just gotten to a rather ominous sort of scene where the hero ruler of the story was walking down a dark palace corridor... Suffice it to say, he had been engrossed enough in it that the sudden arrival of his young airbender friend had given him a thorough start.

"Well, it's quite alright, I..." he said in answer to her flustered words, closing the book and placing it on a shelf behind him before rotating his chair and placing his tea cup down on his desk. He suddenly took note of her rather... unusual appearance. She didn't at all look or seem her regular collected self. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi collected herself and then sat down, throwing her hair behind her. "I... I'm fine." she replied, "just confused... really confused."

after he asked about what, she started her rant.
"well... it's just about me... about women..."
she threw her hair behind her again, starting to get annoyed by it.
"I don't really even know how to describe it. " she sighed, "I just feel... so different. I feel like if I don't look the part of a warrior, that I won't be seen for what I am. it's a matter of image. I don't think I'll get disrespect or anything if I do otherwise... it just seems... I just don't feel like me. am I lost behind a mask? who is this girl I see when I'm stripped of my warpaint and devoid of my hair tie?"

she had to be sounding incredibly stupid right now, but at the same time, she was confused enough that she had to know. she'd tell him of what happened if it came up, but she'd prefer to keep last night's events on the DL if she could.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 am

Gen was taken aback by this outburst. He had a seen a kindred spirit in her and many of her Tekina-Kaze sisters and brothers. Though their relationship was friendly enough, his history was such that he hadn't imagined she'd open up to him like this. Still, this was no time for surprise. He leaned back in his seat, a thoughtful look adorning his face.

"I don't know if I have an answer for you, my friend." he said finally, collecting his thoughts and formulating an answer with care. "I don't really know if there is such a thing as a single true you. You are both Xilingshi the Warrior and Xilingshi the Woman. Aside from the style of your hair and the clothing you wear, is there really a difference between the two?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:03 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"I..." she paused, "it's just..."
she stammered, trying to collect her thoughts.
"people hear the term 'woman' and think of someone delicate and pretty... someone to be acted upon. people hear the term 'warrior' and think of someone stalwart and dangerous... someone to act. I guess... I guess that I just think of that connotation... and I don't want people thinking I'm some pretty little helpless kid who needs protecting. I... it's...

she sighed again. "I feel like the woman in me is pushing everything else away. you know me... I don't behave like this.... something's wrong with me. I am the leader of the Tekina-Kaze--I am a force that my soldiers look to for guidance and inspiration... I'm not supposed to be some kind of nervous wreck."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 am

Gen considered her momentarily before standing and looking out the window, holding his hands behind his back. With a sigh, he looked out at the Air Nomads plying the morning sky, the children playing upon the winds.

"In ages past," he said slowly. "Men were the warriors of the world and women were forbidden from claiming the glory of battle for themselves. In time, with the rise of great female warriors like Kyoshi and the other great Avatars, this changed. But there was one thing left out of the evolution of women into warriors -- the reconciliation of the new with the old.

"You see, Xilingshi, men reconciled their natures with their professions long ago. It was a long and arduous path for us. Now, it is part of who we are. We do not see ourselves as men and warriors separately. Being a warrior is being a man, just as being a craftsman, a tailor, a chef is being a man. We are our nature and we are our choices simultaneously."

He turned back to Xilingshi, placing his hands on the back of his chair as he stood there.

"The only true advice I can give you, my friend, is this: Reconcile the woman and the warrior and your confusion will no longer have ground in which to take root."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

She listened attentively to his words, and they made so much sense to her. she wanted to slap herself, except that she wasn't about to magically toss this mental block aside. it was never that easy.

"surely not every woman thinks the way I do though... I've met powerful people like Queen Meili and Avatar Zulera, neither of which have any concern with being women and being warriors. I guess in my case... well... maybe it's the fact that I'm an airbender, or something..."

she shook her head. "but I suppose I'm trying to justify my actions. do you know how I can reconcile the woman and the warrior in me? I'm willing to do anything at this point."

Confusion was a deadly enemy, especially for a warrior. if she had it in battle, she might as well take her shirt off and paint a target on her back. it was not going to fly with her, and so she was determined to help solve her problem.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:44 am

Gen sighed.

"Alas, this is an art that men forgot long ago." he said, seating himself once more. "Once we had accomplished our reconciliation, there was no need to retain the wisdom of how it was done. It was born into the blood and became as instinct. At least, I never had to work to reconcile my nature and my profession. They came to me as one and fluidly so."

He considered the issue carefully, as he always did. It was not an easy piece of wisdom to unravel. Even a suggestion of where to begin seemed far off and out of reach. There was only one possibility he could think of, but it would undoubtedly be a disappointment to her.

"I cannot say that this is the wisest course of action, as I do not fully understand the other paths you might take. However, I have always found that, when I have found myself lost within an issue, the best response is to do anything and everything I can to understand it more thoroughly. What this means for you is that understanding the part of you which has chosen to be a warrior and the part of you which was born a woman more fully might lead you to the answers you seek. I regret I have nothing more... solid to give you. It is simply beyond the realm of my wisdom."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

She sighed, but more just in general instead of for any particular reason.
"Thank you nonetheless." she replied "I... I will keep that in mind."

she had a vague idea of what she had to do. Xilingshi knew that women were far from useless... it was just that if she had to choose between being a woman and being a warrior, she would choose the latter. she had to convince herself that she did not have to stop being a warrior to accept that she was a woman, nor was it forbidden that she be a woman and remain a warrior. She'd have to figure it out herself, as it was an internal conflict.

"Thank you again, in fact." she added, "I guess I have to figure it out, but it is worth it. there are a couple more things I wish to ask of you though... for one, do you know the whereabouts of Chief Kanoei, and two... you don't by chance have something I can tie my hair up with, do you?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Gen Zhou
Staff Moderator
Gen Zhou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 am

Gen smiled weakly. He was truly sorry he couldn't help her more. However, if his experience was any indication, it was a trial she would have to undertake herself. While he and others, such as Aamatsu, could provide her with guidance, it was ultimately her trial. She would have to succeed or fail on her own. Such was the harsh way of the world.

"Well, let's see..." he said thoughtfully as she asked her questions. "I believe the last time I saw Chief Kanoei was yesterday, after your run in with the firebenders. As to the second count, however..." he swiveled his chair around and picked up his sword. There was a length of silken ribbon adorning the blade's scabbard. It was used to tie the weapon and it's sheath to the belt. He easily undid the knot holding the ribbon on and handed it across to her. "I think this might do the trick..."
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 am

~ Meanwhile... ~
Kano sat on the edge of the new fountain he had helped create not even a week ago. The terrace was vacant save for himself. Most of the temple's inhabitants had other places they liked to spend their mornings. It suited him just fine. He was so conflicted, he didn't need other people prying in on his thoughts. He just sat there on the edge of the fountain, his head in his hands.

How was this possible? How could he spend a glorious night with a woman he was utterly in love with, miraculously overcome an affliction which had plagued benders for thousands of years in a fraction of the time it normally took, and still feel this conflicted and confused? He would have thought he hadn't actually overcome the Withdrawal were it not for the fact that he knew well what it felt like and this conflict wasn't like it in the slightest.

And what were his options to remedy this? He could stay, forsaking his duty to his family in a time when true answers to their age-old weakness seemed close at hand. Or he could leave and forsake his love for Xi, all for the benefit of his clan. He was lost either way. If he left, he was lost. If he stayed, he was lost. It seemed there was no winning in it for him. All he could do was sit there in his conflict, his mind working furiously but to no avail...
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled, taking the ribbon and trying her brown waves up as they usually were. it was longer than her usual hair ties, and so there were trails of black and red hanging below her spiky ponytail. She didn't mind it though.
"thank you..." she nodded happily, "thank you so much."

she paused. this was far more than the hair tie. "thank you for that," she motioned to her hair, "I'll get it back to you after I find one a bit more mundane... but thank you mostly for your advice. I... well, this is important to me. it's definitely something I'll have to solve myself, as it is internal... nonetheless, it helps to be pointed in the right direction at the very least. That said, however, I should probably find Chief Kano. there are a few things that we need to clear up."

she gave a respectful nod/bow before leaving his office. she didn't know where to start on her search for Kano, so she grabbed her staff and took to the air. it was easy to find people from the sky.
sooner or later, she found her target, swooping down next to him, twirling her glider to close it back into a staff.
"Hey..." she said awkwardly, sitting next to him. "umm... sorry about last night... or... sorry about whatever made you leave earlier. I... I didn't mean to."
she was confused, and while she didn't think anything had been done to end their relationship, he had left, and she thought it was her fault, hence the reason she apologized. if she was wrong... well, she could live with it not being her fault, but she didn't count on it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 am

Kano heard the now familiar swooping sound of a glider-borne airbender landing nearby and looked up from his hands. It was Xi. As she sat next to him, he hid his face in his hands once more, listening to her words. They made him look up again.

"Sorry?" he said, utterly perplexed. "Sorry for what? I enjoyed last night. I thought you did too. It's just..."

His voice trailed off. The words caught in his throat as if they refused to be spoken. Frustrated, mostly at his own indecision, he stood, walking slowly away, his hands on his hips, staring off into the distance. The wind picked up his loose kimono like a short cape. The cool stone beneath his bare feet made him think of the North for some reason. It was almost painful, the thought.

"I needed... to be alone." he said finally. Much to his disbelief, tears welled slowly in his eyes. He fought them with all he had, not daring to turn and reveal them to her. The reason was clear, however. He had made his decision and it pained him so... He had to go. Yet he could not yet bring himself to tell her this.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Oh..." she looked down at her lap. "I guess I just kinda... err... thought it was my fault."
after a second's pause, she resumed, "I enjoyed last night too... it's just that I remember waking up and you were there, then I must have fallen back asleep, because when I woke up again you were gone. I thought it was something I did."

"so you can tell me what's wrong...we worked through it last night... I'm more than willing to work through it again, whatever the case may be. what are you going to do from here? what are your plans?"
she wanted to know because she had full intention of becoming part of them. She wasn't about to take no for an answer.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Kano squeezed his eyelids closed, feeling a surge of self-loathing swell up within him. He felt a single tear run down the side of his face, forced from his eye. Why did everything in his life have to be so complicated? Why did have to be so inquisitive, so determinedly unable to let these things go? When he spoke, his voice was barely more than a quiver.

"I have to go..." he said, lifting his hand and wiping the tear from his face. He could not bear to let her see him cry. Call it pride or whatever you will, he refused to let his emotions show now. It was not a man's place to fall apart at his own decisions. "I--..." he began, trying to muster some kind of explanation and failing utterly. Before he could stop himself, he found himself shouting at the top of his voice. "DAMN IT!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Air [Mature]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6