The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet Air [Mature]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

Zulera Edit: Labelled appropriately. Read at your own discretion.

Kano stood, breathing slowly. He could feel the air passing over him, the smell of the moisture upon it. The few earthbenders who were present at the temple had formed a new pipe for bringing water up from the aquifer far below. All they needed now was a waterbender to apply a bit of pressure.

He began moving his hands up and down in front of him, parallel to one another. At the peak of the movement, he brought his hands outward in a large, circular movement and then repeated the process once his hands came together again at the bottom of the motion. Around him, he could hear the earthbenders raising the walls of a pool for the water to flow into and channels off the side of the structure of the temple so that the overflow could fall back into the abyss. Within a few months, every last unused drop would trickle back through the ground and into the aquifer.

Suddenly, with a huge burst of sound, a great cascade of water flowed from the embellished mouth of the lion-turtle carved around the opening. The earthbenders who had answered the call were mostly sculptors from an Earth Kingdom town just across the channel. The water splashed into the pool with a lively sound and immediately began to fill it. Kano stood there, enjoying the light spray of water the flow was throwing off as it licked at his face. This was water at it's most beautiful -- restoring the hope of hundreds. After the damage done to the temple, the previous well had been rendered useless. And so, a new one was planned to supplement the old. Once the original was repaired, the two fountains would provide ample water to the temple.

"Well done, young chief!" said a voice as Kano turned. The strategist, Gen Zhou was standing there with an appreciative smile on his face.

"It really wasn't that difficult." Kano said, shaking his head as he stepped out of the water of the pool. "With that much water down there, you don't even have to know where it is to bring it up. Pick any direction that's down and you'll hit the mark."

"Well, quite." Gen nodded, folding his arms and appreciating the effect of the fountain.

"So," Kano said, bending what water was left on him into the pool, leaving his clothes bone dry. "Anything else for me to do?"

"Oh, we couldn't ask more of the Chief of the North." Gen said. "Why don't you take a break? There's a wonderful little perch near the south end of the temple, on the third floor of the Platypus-bear Pagoda which is quite nice. Why don't you head over and... enjoy the view."

There was something about the way Gen said this that made Kano a little uncomfortable, but taking a break did sound like a good idea. With a word of thanks for the suggestion to Gen, he turned and headed out across the terrace, moving for the inner chambers of the pagoda. He'd have to climb a fair few flights of steps before he would come to the bridge over to the Platypus-bear Pagoda. It was something of a trek, but he didn't really mind. He rather enjoyed exploring the place. And, as he didn't have a perfectly clear idea of where he was going, it was almost like wandering. He did love wandering. As he left the terrace, he thought he heard a few people giggling behind him, but he didn't give it much thought.

And wander, he did. For over an hour, in fact. He got lost once or twice. Or rather, he allowed himself to be distracted. The temple had a lot to offer. He particularly enjoyed a particular massive mural in the Sky Bison Pagoda, the largest of the pagodas in the complex. When, finally, he stepped out onto the Platypus-bear Pagoda's terrace, he saw what Gen had meant. There was a positively wondrous view of the mountains and the forests which covered them. He could see the horizon here and there, but the dazzling array of colors was something even the word stunning didn't do justice to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:58 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi was very happy again now that the Fire Nation Taint was not only gone from their temple, but from their island as well. Now she could go back to doing what she did outside of war, which in this case was often just sitting back and enjoying nature. There was an intrinsic beauty to these landscapes that she absolutely adored. She knew that industry and technology had their uses, but that didn't mean she didn't hate the Fire Nation for their arrogance and atrocity in thinking they could just whack Air nomads left and right and then "peacefully" occupy the area. Xilingshi knew better. There was nothing 'peaceful' about the current Fire Lord or his terrible policies. But, that was something she tried shoving away. it was ruining her moment.

She had gone off to the Platypus-Bear Pagoda to kick back and relax, and to enjoy the gorgeous view. She sat near the very edge, her glider-staff at her side, her bare feet dangling over the edge. one of her gloved hands wrapped around her staff for a moment before relaxing. she had contemplated jumping--obviously not to her death, but to fly. but, the moment didn't want to be ruined, and so she stuck around.

In fact, she was there long enough that she soon could tell that she was no longer alone. Someone had come to join her in her viewing of the dazzling array of light and color that was in front of them, or perhaps had come looking for her?

she turned her head around to see who it was. it was a waterbender. Tribal Chief, no less.
"Chief," she nodded in his direction, "did you or the Air Council need me for something, or was our meeting just coincidence?"
She was direct in her question, but she wasn't rude. It was mostly curious; Xi wa sjust not one for beating around bushes.
Mood: Content and Serene
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:12 am

The voice took Kano by surprise as he leaned there on one of the pillars. They had been added temporarily for the benefit of the non-airbenders throughout the temple. Gave them something to lean on while they enjoyed the view. They were also very useful for supporting Gen's metal barricades, plates of steel designed to act as cover for the defenders of the temple against firebender barrages. They'd saved more than a few lives. However, at the moment, the barricades were safely tucked away in a storage area closer to the heart of the temple.

He looked around. There, sitting on the very edge of the terrace was a young woman with long brown hair and silvery eyes. Her war paint and wild ponytail gave her an air of danger.

"No." Kano said, responding to her question after a moment's pause to consider his unexpected company. Or rather, the person into whose company he had walked. "I was just out... for a stroll." he shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:18 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she nodded after hearing his response. "well, it's not like this is my lookout point, let alone my temple, so if you wish to join me, you can."
she had had company in this place many times, and one more wouldn't hurt. often times it was just quiet contemplation with few word being said (or even needing to be said), but occasionally they talked. Xi was usually a little awkward here, but only fro social inexperience.

whatever the case, he was polite, and so she'd give him a chance.
"you can sit by me if you want." she invited, sitting back down and dangling her bare feet back over the edge, "I don't bite as ling as you're not one of the Firelord's men."
that was her feeble attempt at humor, but if he didn't take her invite, well, that was fine too. she didn't mind company, but also didn't mind being alone.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:31 am

Kano smiled faintly at the joke. There were more and more like it being traded these days. It was a shame, too. He'd seen the Fire Nation. They had much to offer the world. What they chose to share was their lesser half, their warlike half. He'd seen the half that danced beautiful dances and played heartbreaking music. He'd seen their craftsmen forge magnificent pieces of art and their chefs prepare truly bold food. He wondered where they would be if the Fire Lords of the past had tried to win the hearts and minds of the world with art rather than trying to dominate the bodies of the world by the sword. But that was all philosophy for another time. A reality for another world. His world had an invitation to sit with someone inside it, and he didn't mind if he took it.

He carefully approached the edge of the terrace and peered over. It wasn't a phobia he usually had cause to be on the wrong side of, but he had a pretty intense fear of heights. He didn't like anything he couldn't see the bottom of that wasn't filled with water. The gorge just dropped into blackness. Far below, a cover of wispy clouds churned through the open space. Still, he wasn't about to be defeated by something as pathetic as fear. He was the Chief of the North now... he needed to act like it. Squaring his shoulders almost imperceptibly, he marched over to where she sat and lowered himself beside her, hanging his legs over the edge. It was a little dizzying to think a simple tip forward might be his last act as chief. Despite this, he put on a broad, friendly smile and looked over at his company.

"Well, this isn't so bad." he said with a chuckle.

This is bad. said a voice inside his head -- his. Bravery was for people who weren't teetering on the edge of a ten minute drop with a short stop.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:48 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"it's not," she nodded approvingly, "it's beautiful, isn't it? come, come... sit down!" she invited, smiling softly. It was rare to see a smile on her face, but when there was, she was quite the cute little creature.
There was some silence as he sat next to her. "well, you don't have to dangle your feet over if you don't want" she added, knowing that those who were not Air Nomads were not blessed with the grace of flying the way airbenders were, and she knew that she didn't like being removed from her comfort zone even if she was able to cope with it. She would not expect anything more from company either.

"you probably know me already, but my name's Xilingshi. Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki, but most people just call me Xi, and know me as the leader of the Tekina-Kaze. and you?"

maybe she had babbled too much? had she? well, perhaps she'd find out. She'd give it a shot.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:27 am

"Kanoei, Son of Tako of the Northern Water Tribe." Kano said. It seemed like a mouthful, but he didn't even notice saying the whole thing anymore. He'd said it so many times since he'd left the north pole, it had become as natural as saying John Doe. "I guess... I should really introduce myself as Kanoei Hakanoka Aowaka, Chieftain of the North..."

That wasn't so natural. It still stuck in his throat a bit. His grandfather had handed down a chieftain's name for him, naming him for the clan patriarch of his birth, Hakano himself, and the clan itself. It was a pretentious name he disliked. He'd come into many of them of late. He'd even heard the waterbenders -- his waterbenders referring to him as The Young Wolf-King when they thought he wasn't around. He missed the days when all anyone ever called him was Kano.

"Anyway," he said, shaking himself out of his introspection. "People call me Kano."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:33 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

She smiled. "well, pleasure to meet you, Chieftan of the North," she replied, not to mock him. but to give him the respect that his title deserved.
Xilingshi didn't really know her own parents, other than that for whatever reason, they didn't like her. she wasn't sure if they were alive or not, nor did she care. she knew they weren't Air Nomad traditionalists either.

she nodded at him. "I suppose I can call you Kano too then. you can call me Xi obviously. Xilingshi's kind of a mouthful."
"so..." she asked him again, "are you here overseeing temple repairs, or did something else bring you here as well?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:43 am

"Well, there's no simple answer to that." Kano said slowly, pondering it. "I suppose the chief reason was because this was where the Avatar was headed. I've been traveling with her for quite some time now."

There were, of course, other reasons, but they were... sensitive. While he didn't consider Xi to be a Fire Nation spy any more than he considered Zulera to be a fluffy bunny-rabbit, he still couldn't risk it. His grandfather had told him to keep his secrets close and his tribe's secrets closer. For now, he'd have to defer to that judgment.

"So the Tekina-Kaze, eh?" he said. "I imagine it must be quite something to command a group of elite fighters..."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:54 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"well, the Avatar's a pretty important figure I'd say. your reasonings make sense.I'm curious to know what brought her here, but I suppose that's a question more for her."

she smiled when he mentioned the Tekina-Kaze. "it's tough, but my girls are loyal. well, girls and boys... there's a few men in my ranks, but it seems that there's something unique about those female airbenders...
...anyways, it's gratifying. not so much the violence or the sense of command... just knowing that these are my brothers and sisters, and we all aim for the same cause of keeping our lands and the lands of our friends and families safe. surely as the Northern Water Chief you feel the same way about your people, no?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:07 am

"I felt that way long before I was the chief." Kano smiled. "My great dream is to end the divide between the north and the south. We've been split for far too long. Together, we could be so much more than we are apart. But this treaty with the Fire Nation and the continued threat of conflict weigh heavily on our ability to simply interact with one another."

He looked out at the horizon.

"I love my people." he said. "Even if it were as a mere waterbender, I would give everything I had to protecting them. As chief, I can make a difference. I would do anything to protect them. Anything. Both the north and the south. If it meant I had to kill Novai and Meili to protect them, I would find a way and I would do it without hesitation."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:26 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's eyes brightened. "you too?" she exclaimed, "finally! someone who agrees with me on that!"
in her excitement, she kissed his cheek without thinking of what it might imply, and then continued as if she hadn't done anything.
"I would do anything for my people. that's what the Tekina-Kaze is all about. we are about giving our own safety for the safety of others. I wish for the safety of our people--I am willing to give up my peaceful way of life so that those with less fighting skill than me do not have to. I would hope that Earth Queen Meili would not betray our alliance or do anything stupid the way Fire Lord Novai has, but if she did, I would not be afraid to march to her dor to end her life as well."

she looked him right in the eyes. "you have my respect, chief. that is a very noble endeavor which you seek, and which you uphold. I hold that in extremely high regard."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:50 am

Kano felt himself blush at her kiss. It wasn't at all what he had been expecting. He looked over at her. Amongst the Water Tribes, that sort of thing bordered on a proposal of marriage between two unrelated individuals. He was hardly ready to start carving a betrothal necklace for her, but he was surprised at the gesture.

Certain that she didn't mean it in any way even remotely resembling what it translated to for him, he decided to just take it for what it was and left it at that. He turned his attention toward her comments about the Tekina-Kaze.

"Thank you." Kano said, nodding his appreciation for her words. "And I yours. I suppose we all have our desires to protect the things we love. The Tekina-Kaze and the Aowaka Clan are not so different in that way."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:04 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled again, which was normally uncommon. "aye... I believe our nations can be and can remain close friends. you are definitely one of the people that I would call friend."

and yet, she noticed residue from the blush when she had kissed him. she worried, and went pink herself. perhaps it WAS different in other cultures.
"I..." she stuttered, "I hope that kiss wasn't some sort of marriage proposal or something. I thought it involved a necklace or something like that... was I wrong, wa--" she stopped. she was babbling aimlessly now.

"sorry," she shrugged, "I didn't mean to turn it awkward."
She did still have that desire to hug him though. it was rare that she found someone who saw so many things the same way she did, and she approved of it greatly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
E`fel-vain Ama`lia
E`fel-vain Ama`lia

EXP : 675

Character Description
Position: Wanderer, Water Bender

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

(May I join the two of you? Or is this roleplay not open to the public?)
Back to top Go down
http://xxxso-we-laugh-at-nothingxxx.tumblr.com/
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm

"It's not awkward." Kano said, shaking his head slightly. And then upon thinking on it -- "Okay, it's a little awkward."

IDIOT! all his voices screamed. This was one of those situations where he absolutely didn't need them. Kisses might have different meanings in different nations, but a comment like that was oil on a downhill slide everywhere.

"B-but in a good way!" he said, trying to save the conversation. "Usually boyfriends and girlfriends or spouses would kiss, even like that. It has a special sort of meaning in the north, kissing. It's sort of... an... 'I want to go out with you again' gesture. Even parents don't often kiss their children..."

(OOC: This one's closed. But if you want, I'll be happy to start another thread with you Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:59 pm

[OOC--yep, Kanoei's right. it's closed, but there are always other threads that can be started]

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she turned a deep red when he called it a little awkward. "I sor... I-m... err... sorry." she stammered, "I just... well here it's... I, erm..."
she took a deep breath. "...I'll shut up now."

Stupid stupid stupid! She had to have a better strategy than that. She was about to open her mouth again, but he spoke up, and she almost heaved a sigh of relief till he said what he did.
Goodness, she wasn't sure if she could go any redder from the first remark. Did this mean they were going out?
"here it's more of a friendly gesture," she almost blurted out, "kinda to show appreciation... I admit to being a bit over-excited about finding someone who agrees with me on so many things."
she paused. she didn't want to 'dump' him, per se either. had she just done that?
"but that doesn't mean I wouldn't wanna... I mean, it doesn't mean..."
she buried her face in her gloved hands, at somewhat of a loss for words, her cheeks a deep red that blended nicely with her war paint.
Mood: Happy, Albeit Embarrassed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Kano peeked sidelong at her, his eyes flicking back and forth between her and some random point in the distance. This had gotten a little... out of hand. He needed to think of a way to bring this back, but he was a little lost. He glanced over at the neighboring pagoda and, realizing he didn't even know it's name, he had a sudden idea.

"Hey," he said, looking around at Xi, the trace of a smile playing across his face. He almost wanted to beam at his genius. "Would you mind giving me a tour of this place? I don't really know the temple all that well. It'll be fun!"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi shook her head, letting a few long bangs fall into her eyes. she looked down at her lap and then back at him. Then, he came up with a saving move, and she liked the idea.

"Sure," she replied, "that'd be fun!"
she stood up, and held out her hand so she could lead him where she wanted to go.
The Western Air Temple was a large and elaborate place. it had sustained various amounts of damage over the years, and Xilinghsi put some effort into making sure her hatred for the Fire Nation didn't get control over her while she was giving the tour. She mentioned the different names of the pagodas, and the significance to the Air nomads (when she knew it), and occasionally threw in bits of history about it as well, mentioning a couple of Avatars as well, notably Avatar Yangchen.

She also mentioned things she liked about the various places, such as the view, or if it was a great place to fly, or if the broken pillar that was covering half of the platform was a nuisance. the conversation from Xilingshi's end seemed very heartfelt. this was Xilingshi's home, and it had personality to her.

"but with all those places in mind," she replied, as she started wrapping up the tour, "I saved my favorite place for last. the pagoda is hard to reach but the serenity and the view are breathtaking. Did you want to see it?"
she paused. "I mean, it's one of those things that requires flying to get to, so it's definitely visited less often than it used to be before the bridge was broken... it's up to you."
Mood: Relieved
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:07 am

"Fly?" Kano said slowly. "You mean like... fly? Like a bird? Fly?"

Somehow, Kano managed to make himself sound thrilled about this prospect, but he wasn't about to successfully fool himself. The prospect of flying over this death drop to a pagoda who knew where was terrifying to say the least. And yet... strangely enticing.

What the hell? he thought, mentally shrugging. If I'm gunna die, I might as well die doing something crazy and exhilarating...

"Sounds like fun." he said finally, managing to beam broadly. How? He had no idea. "Lead the way!"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:28 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"alright," she nodded, twirling her staff and unfolding it into a glider. "hold on tight to me. this will only be a few seconds."
once he had grabbed on, she took off running, using airbending to push herself (as well as him) off the side of the temple, and into the air. for about 1 minute, there was nothing between them and a death at the bottom of the sharp-rocked canyon, but air.

but a moment later, and they were perched on a large but mostly unused section of the temple. the reduced population of Air Nomads had mostly put it out of use, but there were still several small fountains around the area. she liked hearing the sound of running water, and figured he would too.
but, that sound, added with the breathtaking view of the canyon and vistas out in front of them... was what truly made the place remarkable.
"so what do you think?" she asked, smiling
Mood: Excited
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:03 am

"It's..." Kano said, looking around. "Magnificent!"

Kano was a great lover of beautiful views and this definitely counted among the best he'd seen. It was a love he'd come into as he traveled with his companions across the globe. Icy tundras were incredible sights given the right conditions, but they had nothing on this breathtaking scenery. Now he knew why the Air Nomads had chosen this place, of all places, to construct the Western Air Temple. There was a small part of him, the part which had been born when he had discovered his new authority as chief, that envied the Air Nomads this place...

"I have to confess, it's a little overwhelming." he said, looking out upon the seemingly endless beauty. He looked around at the fountains. They were small, but they were arranged so that one ran off into the next, into the next, and so on. The calm and constant sound of the water was, indeed soothing. "You Air Nomads really know how to build monuments to nature..."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:54 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi smiled, gazing out at the scene, and then back at him, and then back at the scenery, and then back at Kanoei.

"thanks..." she nodded, "you're right. I do not say this to brag, but the Air Nomads of old who built this majestic structure certainly knew what they were doing when they chose the location."

she paused for a moment, and then took a deep breath.
"you know," she remarked, "thanks for coming out here with me... it may not seem like much, but it means a lot to me. I don't often get to take people around to see the beauties of this place. most of us Air Nomads are used to it... those that aren't... well, it's nice having company either way. erm... thanks."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:12 am

"Y-your welcome." Kano said, surprised. He hadn't realized how much it would mean to her. Of course, given the state of the temple, she probably had this place to herself. He should have guessed that it wasn't just another place everyone went to if she'd saved it in secret this long. This place... it was her Gray Cape...

Kano looked around again, stepping up to the edge of the terrace. Unlike the other locations in the temple, this pagoda had remained untouched by Gen's outfitters. There were no earthbent pillars here or artillery pieces. The entire place was virtually untouched by the passage of time.

"You know..." Kano said slowly, looking out at the horizon. "This place makes me want to visit the other temples. It makes me want to continue exploring this world, continue finding it's wonders. It makes me want to protect this place..."

He turned and looked at Xi.

"My people lost great creations of our own." he said. "We didn't always live on the ice. Once, we built wonders as great as this temple. Some were even greater, though I do not say that to brag. But the evils of a ruler long ago took that heritage from us. Now it crumbles in ruins all across the Earth Kingdom. Like this temple, those accomplishments were wiped away in a tide of malice. I don't want to see that happen again... to anyone."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi listened to his remarks about wishing to visit the other temples.
"well.... if you wanted to, I could take you there. I've been to them all at least once, and I know a bunch of their secrets as well... as for protecting this place... any aid would be appreciated. The Tekina Kaze do not exist for the reasons the Firelord thinks they do. Unlike him and his people who cannot ever satisfy their endless lust for power and war, the Tekina Kaze was formed so that the majority of our people could enjoy the life of pacifism without having to be worried about being wiped out."

she paused, not wanting to let the subject reach "The Fire Nation", so she changed approaches.
"I'm sure we've all lost some things," she sighed, "although I definitely do not mean to belittle your losses or my own. I've learned, however, that there is always something to gain . it never fully replaces the losses, but it keeps one's heart from being so empty."
she looked him in the eyes, taking his hands. "thank you again for coming here with me. it... it really means a lot to me."
similar to the kiss, the holding hands was just another gesture Xilingshi did out of friendship, not being aware of what else it could imply.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Air [Mature] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Air [Mature]   Sweet Air [Mature] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Air [Mature]
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next