The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wandering the island

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Wandering the island Empty
PostSubject: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Jian Shui

Jian sits on his knee’s calmly on an isolated beach; he would seem to be meditating. A blue hilted Katana sits to his left. He takes a deep breath tasting the cool breeze coming from the sea. Such a beautiful world, he could feel the waves coming in and out he could feel his dominion over them. Such a wonderful and powerful thing it was this Gods given gift of water bending. Truly he had been blessed; however this blessing came with a curse. With this same blessing he had killed his father on accident, causing his mother to take her own life in grief.

These memories flashed through his mind and his eyes seemed to pop open his left hand in a blur reaches out grabbing the scabbard his right hand shooting over grabbing the hilt and drawing the blade the water in front of him seems to react almost instantly first pulling towards him then as he draws in a horizontal slash the water seems to shoot outward from the blade freezing in a razor sharp thin cascade of water matching the blades own. He slowly brings the blade up to head level and turns it so that the blade faces his left and the side facing his face or where he is looking is flat in a defensive position. The water again reacts insta melting and in circling him.

He spins in a circle his blade seeming to slice through the whirlwind of water around his body about mid drift height. The water condenses forming a 6 inch coating around his blade then freezes into a solid spike of Ice. He thrusts the sword forward and the icy spike shoots from his blade flying out to sea and dissipating as he throws the blade out to the right the ritualistically begins to slide the Katana back into its sheath. An observant onlooker may notice that as he sheaths the blade water seems to form around the blade from out of the heavy moisture ridden sea air. The water apparently stays in the sheath and for when next he draws it.

He tucks the Katana into his belt and pick up his pack, his face one of serene seriousness. He walks down the beach, someone close may be able to hear sloshing coming from his 4 liter pack of water under his vest. Now he would simply looked like an armed fisherman walking down the beach, had someone else seen the display however they would have an exact idea of what this man was.

Mood: Serious
Condition: Perfect Health
”For the sake of this world it is the will of the Gods that I end you here.”

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Name goes here

Chase saw the stranger waterbending with his sword, and was instantly curious about the other waterbender. As the man got up and started walking away, Chase followed him for a bit, and then tried to catch up to him.
Chase began speaking very quickly, "Hey! My name's Chase! I'm a waterbender too! So...umm...I was just wondering why you're here? I've always wanted to travel away from the Northern Water Tribe, I've been stuck there my whole life until now, and so I came here, I'm gonna travel the world! ...So...umm...yeah what are you doing here?" Chase didn't seem awkward about talking to a strange without really getting to know them, and didn't seem to be hiding anything, instantly trusting the other man.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfectly Fine

Last edited by Chase on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Jian Shui

Jian stopped waiting for the man to catch up and then berated him with questions and facts about himself, seemingly un aware and oblivious to the fact that he could be hostile or dangerous. Good thing for this man, He did not seem to be a criminal and further more if he wasn't lying he was a water bender as well. So Jian stopped setting his sack down and bows to the man smiling happy to see another face of the water tribes"Jian Shui of the Southern Water tribes, a pleasure to meet you. And I too am traveling the world. I'm actually surprised I didn't think anyone else was around let alone another water bender." He doesn't elaborate as to why he is traveling the world but he seems genuinely happy. "Would you like to sit down and share some tea?"

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Name goes here

"I would be delighted!" Chase said, quite happy to have met a fellow waterbender and enjoy some refreshing tea. "So have you seen anything interesting around here? Anything to do? I've always had a thing for adventure, and you look like you know your way around." Chase didn't really know if the stranger knew his way around or not, but he often enjoyed guessing what other people could do, in fact as well as he knew the other guy was just wandering around.

Mood: Curious

Last edited by Chase on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Jian Shui

He sits down reaching into his pack and pulling out a rather large gourd of green tea and un corking it. He then sets it in front of the man before taking his won gourd out and un corking it."Nothing too interesting, the main beaches are up ahead however. It's where all the youth and wealthy of the fire nation spend their vacations. Lots of pretty girls, and over zealous men there. In truth he knew the island decently well only because he had been stuck here for 3 days waiting on the next ferry back to the mainland. He lets out a small chuckle at the mans enthusiasm though. You don't see many willing to have a decent conversation these days anyhow. It's all violence with them."So what brings a Northern water tribe member like yourself down to this beautiful island in the middle of the fire kingdom?"

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Name goes here

Chase sipped the tea, which was delicious and refreshing. "Well, my whole life up to this point, I was surrounded by ice and water, which is alright, it's my element after all, but I decided I wanted to see something besides the colors white and blue for once. So about a week ago, I got on a boat to the fire nation, I decided I wanted to see the opposite of what I had been used to for so long. It's really beautiful and different, but the ocean is still here so it's not too stark. Then of course, it was the best choice given what the Earth Kingdom has been doing recently, and the air temples just seem out of reach. I would like to visit those one day though."

Mood: Delightful

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Jian Shui

Jian listens diligently and quietly sips his tea the whole time nodding and speaking after the man is done. "I fear my next stop IS the Earth Kingdom however. Word has it that the outlying cities are over run with criminals and in a place called the great divide raiders prey on refugee's and travelers. I am going to "Fix" this broken world. With each criminal that is dealt justice it becomes a more beautiful place." His own words surprised him, for all he knew this man was just putting on a mask of innocence and so Jian quickly shuts his trap for now until he can better read the mans actual intentions.

Last edited by Jian on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Chase Scylla

"That sounds awesome! Can I come? I would stay out of your way, and help out as much as I can! I can fish so we'd always have something to eat, and umm..." Chase realized this man had just met him, and didn't know if the man would allow him to come when they had only had one conversation. "Of course, I would understand if you didn't want me to come, seeing as how we just met."

Mood: Excited

Last edited by Chase on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Jian Shui

He thinks is it over thoroughly, after all he had just met the man and he was a liability for safety reasons. But... it had been a very long 7 years alone. Some traveling company wouldn't be all that and as long as the man under stood the risks."You understand that traveling with me means you will be in danger some times right? Meaning that you may have to fight at some point and defend your life?" Depending on the man's answer Jian would decide to say yes or no, he didn't need someone who was going to get them killed... then again he didn't need someone that was going to kill him either."I'm just saying in my path lies a lot of danger, but also a lot of adventure and traveling."

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Chase Scylla

"I completely understand the risks, and am willing to defend myself and others. And although I wouldn't enjoy it, I would be willing to kill if the person was genuinely evil and wrong. I think killing should only be used as a last resort though, and other alternatives can be used instead." Chase was happy with his answer, thinking it was well thought out, even though he didn't think about it very much, he just said what came to mind.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Jian Shui

Jian Raises his gourd and taps it to the mans."Cheer's then, cheer's to a new partnership." He takes a deep swig of his Tea and sets it back down in front of him"So your a good fisherman eh?How do you feel about a little competition? Whoever can get and make dinner the fastest wins... not having to pay their ferry fee to the Earth Kingdom?" He waits for the mans answer now chuckling.

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Chase Scylla

"Oh it's on!" Chase had been taught by his father who fished for a living, and Chase was sure he could win. He didn't let his guard down though, and was extremely excited for the competition. Chase took his fishing gear out of his backpack, and in combination with his water bending, fishing would be easy. "Any specific rules before we begin?"

Mood: Competitive

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 am

Jian Shui

He shakes his head no."You just have to get and serve dinner that is all. No catches anywhere, no specific rules. Just.... dinner." Jian grins from underneath his hat at the man waiting for him to acknowledge this"You get to announce when it starts as well, so when you when you say "go" the competition starts"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Kuzon

Kuzon, making not a sound used his ninja-like moves to creep around the two water benders he seen in the distance. He stayed unseen, but kept a close eye them. He didn't know what they were doing, and didn't care where they were going, but while he was on the island he decided to see how long he could hold out stalking the two waterbenders. He used mind strength to surpress his firebenders, so instead of bending flames, he would just bend heat, so he could stay unseen. He waited for the two waterbenders to start moving so he could follow.

Mood: Meditative
Condition: Silenced Energy

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Chase Scylla

"Alright...GO!" Chase threw the hook in the water, and jumped in the water himself. He used waterbending to guide the hook to fish he saw nearby and quickly caught two of them. He came out of the water, took out a knife, and then skinned, gutted, and deboned the fish. "So how am I gonna cook these?" Chase mumbled to himself.

Mood: Competitive

I just thought I should tell you, I'm gonna be gone for a week. D: I'm sorry. If you want you can control my character, or just do other stuff until I get back...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Jian Shui

As the man enthusiastically jumped into the water Jian chuckled shaking his head then reaching into his pack bringing out a bag of fruit he set 2 apples and a banana out where the man had been sitting and began eating a grape fruit. He had said whoever got and fixed dinner first, he didn't necessarily say it had to be fish either. "Dinner is served!"He said this loudly enough for his new friend to hear with a devious smile on his face.,un aware of the Fire bender watching them from a distance at this time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:18 pm

( By the way if you have to leave for a week you can pause the RPs you're currently participating in. Just don't forget about it. )
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Chase Scylla

Upon hearing this, Chase opened his mouth, closed it again, blinked a few times, and then finally said, "You're...very clever." He smiled after this, grabbed a fruit and began eating it. "I suppose we could just eat this fish raw. Sashimi is quite good." Chase took the knife and cut the fish into pieces.

Mood: Oooooh....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Jian Shui

Laughs for a second."Not so much clever as witty I like to think. Cleverness requires planning I just make this up on the fly." He finishes his grape fruit and picks up a piece of the Sashimi and eats it humming at its fresh taste."So that was so good, I can safely say you won the bet on taste alone. I'll buy your ferry ticket then." Jian wasnt a cruel man, he wasnt about to make him honor the bet anyways when he had deceived him.

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Chase Scylla

"I cannot accept! I lost, and will pay for my ticket and yours." Chase thought about it for a second. "How much are tickets anyway?"

Mood:

I'm back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

EXP : 2065
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Unofficial Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Her boat touched the soft sand of the island, and Alxina smiled to herself. "Now, to find some rich people and pick-pocket," She said to herself. She reached into her pack and grabbed an outfit she stole from the pier with the boat and grimaced to herself. It was a low cut top, full sleeved thank God, showing the stomach with a short skirt reaching mid-thigh. They were bright red, and she knew if she was going to get close enough to any money, she'd have to act stupid and giddy. She quickly changed and pulled the boat into a few palm trees lying close to shore, tipped it over, and covered it in mud to blend in. She'd sleep under the over-turned boat tonight. She stored her supplies, but strapped her knife to her arm under the shirt--just in case. She hurried and tied her hair up, leaving her bangs to frame her youthful face, and braided the length of it quickly, tying it with a black ribbon. She took out her black nose ring (the symbol and color meant doom) and replaced it with a light pink one she bought in her village before her house set fire. Then, she walked across the sand towards the sound of laughter and music.

She walked into the crowd, and she saw that in her beach attire, she was not going to be noticed much. A young man with light blonde hair in shorts walked up to her.
"Hi there, sweetheart. Care if I show you around? He asked her. She looked up and glared, then, remembering that she was an actress for the moment, smiled a heartbreaking smile and said,"That's so sweet of you! I would love for you to be my guide." He grinned at her and led her over to a group of friends. They talked for a while, while Alxina played her part perfectly, acting like a total airhead, while she quickly took their money without them even noticing. Then, she told them she had to go and she ran back to her camoflauged boat that was far away enough that they wouldn't see her climb underneath it.

She slept soundly, woke and ate an orange, then went to explore the rest of the island, in her regular clothing, not caring if she was spotted. She saw two young men talking and smiling, and watched them for a moment. She pulled out her bow and poisoned two arrow tips. Just in case. She stepped out into the sunlight, bow ready and said in a clear loud voice,"Who are you?" She looked at the fresh meal in front of them, realizing that the last fish she'd eaten had been almost a full moon cycle ago. (She liked to measure time through the lunar calendar. It was a hobby of hers)
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Chase Scylla

Chase of course instantly trusted the stranger and said,"I'm Chase and he's Jian! We're going to go the Earth Kingdom, but right now we're disputing who's paying for what. It's too bad we can't just find a boat for free. Then of course I'm sure we won't be poor in the Earth Kingdom, it's got so many people around, and I'm sure I could sell some fish quite easy there." Chase realized he'd almost completely forgotten about the stranger. "And who are you?"

Mood: Interested and Distracted

Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 am

"I'm Alxina. I've got a boat. And money. She grimaced and lowered her bow. There was no threat here, she could tell."I was heading to the Earth Kingdom anyway...I'm low on food supplies, and is that...Sashimi?" She looked at it hungrily, then looked away and lowered her pack, still fifteen feet away from the strangers. She pulled a lemon out of it."I've got some lemon. It works wonders on Sashimi. My mother--She stopped, then tossed the lemon towards him."Here."

Last edited by Alxina on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 am

Chase Scylla

"Well thank you very much." While Chase preferred his Sashimi plain, he gladly accepted the kindness and seasoned the fish with the citrus fruit. He then offered some to the girl who still stood so far away. "So you have travel, it's free, and all you request in return is food? Well I can tell you that you will not be eating hungry on this trip!" Chase was quite happy with the newcomer, and hadn't even thought of how Jian would feel about this.

Mood: Interested and Distracted

Back to top Go down
Alxina
Staff Admin
Alxina

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 am

She smiled, but didn't let him see. She was so used to being alone, she didn't realize how much she missed having others around. She came a little closer to the two. She sat down and reached for the food and ate it quickly."It's good. Thank you."She then looked over at the silent man drinking his tea, but she said nothing. Then she motioned for Chase to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering the island   Wandering the island Empty

Back to top Go down

Wandering the island
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next