The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ember Island Docks

Go down 
+2
Ryu Tatsuo
Zia Ren
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zia Ren
Zia Ren

EXP : 75
Birthday : 1989-08-10

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Wu Zia Ren

Zia Ren watched the outline of the island, fascinated as the dark outline started to reveal bright secrets to her seeking eyes. She was excited to get off the boat, after traveling for so long. They had only made short stops on the way here, and she was ready to set her feet onto steady ground once again.

As much as she loved the lulling and comforting rocking of the ship as it moved across the surface of the water, she also missed the feeing of hard earth beneath her feet. The comfort of knowing that her world wasn't about to shift without notice or consequence.

When she could see the white glare of the sun off the sandy beach she turned and looked around for Luxos, the only traveling companion she had really befriended during her travels with the wandering troup from the Northern Water Tribe.

"Look. The beach is finally visible. Solid ground."

It was a terribly hot day, so she rolled up the sleeves of her light weight hanfu, tucking them around her elbows.Turning to look back at the beach, Zia Ren pulled water from the waves crashing up against the side of the ship and filtered it into the water skin at her hip. Filtering the water was easy enough, but she was a bit self-conscious about the other watching her. She knew that her movements were too jerky and controlled. She had to focus all of her attention on what she was doing.

When she had finally filtered enough to fill her water skin, she looked back up at the island. It was getting larger by the second.

"Hopefully there will be some benders to watch while we're here. I don't think I've been working very hard on fulfilling my mission."

Mood: Excited
Condition:sea sick
Link:

Last edited by Zia Ren on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

EXP : 239
Birthday : 1999-08-04

Character Description
Position: General
Nation: Fire Nation

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 am

Ryu was excited to finally get off the boat. Ryu had been feeling dizzy ever since he first stepped on that boat of doom. Ryu doesn't dislike all boats, but he would prefer his flying angels of freedom any day. "Finally, home at last!" Ryu exclaimed. Ryu just got back from his weird adventure in the earth kingdom. I wonder who captured me earlier and why, Ryu thought. Ryu decided to sit on the dock... until he noticed a boat heading right toward the rocks. The rocks were only visible from the shore. On closer inspection Ryu noticed a girl who looked like a waterbender of around his age. I have to do something , Ryu thought. Ryu then sent up fire in the sky as a kind of signal. Come on notice the rocks, Ryu thought. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Luxos
Luxos

EXP : 91

Character Description
Position: Wanderer

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Luxos Aningan

Luxos stretched and yawned as he walked out from the sleeping quarters below deck. His hair was disheveled and stuck up at odd angles because of the hammock that he had been sleeping on. The boat had been smaller than he had expected, and the sleeping quarters had been no different.

He carried his pack over his shoulder. It was filled with things from home, some money, dried food, spare clothes, and his sleeping roll and tent. He didn't need too much else to get by he had found, and traveling with a heavy pack was far too cumbersome for walking. It was warm out and he took off his coat, draping it over his right arm. He was wearing his grey shirt which was tied closed by the cloth around the waist. In his ears he wore the teeth as earrings he always did.

He quickly spied Zia at the front of the ship and made his way towards her. She was a quiet girl but they had bonded over a common home and become decently close. As he approached her he could see her moving her hands, bending water into a pouch. Her style was very different from his own, which tended to be more minimal, but she was good, no question about that.

"I have to say, it is a welcome sight," Luxos replied, scratching the back of his head and smoothing his hair out, "And I'm not sure how many benders there are around these parts. It doesn't look like you need much help though, I could probably learn a lot from y-"

He was cut off by a sudden geyser fire that erupted from the shore. He looked out over the picturesque shore and saw a man, staring out at the boat.

"Wonder what all the fuss is," he muttered, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Mood: Sleepy
Condition: Also sleepy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Come on see the rocks. Just right there. Please? I guess I have to try something else. Ryu sent fire toward the rocks. " I hope this works." Ryu said silently to him self. The boat headed closer toward the rocks. "The only way to move them now is to waterbend... wait a second." Ryu said to himself (not noticing the people laughing at him talk to himself.) Ryu focused his attempts at gaining the boats attention (what kind of general is he if he can't get a boats attention) on the man and woman who looked liked they could waterbend (you should never judge a bender by their robe color... although your predictions are usually correct.) Ryu tried sign language, shooting the rocks with fire, and was about to throw fire at the boat until he thought otherwise. "Come please see it." Ryu thought.
Back to top Go down
Zia Ren
Zia Ren

EXP : 75
Birthday : 1989-08-10

Character Description
Position: Healer

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Wu Zia Ren

Zia Ren shook her head at Luxos, as confused as he by the random display of firebending. She hoped that the man wasn't aggressive, she really didn't want to deal with a fight right now. Looking around, she saw the netting that led up to the sparrows nest and followed the trail up to the man standing as lookout. The man was turned away from the shore, which didn't make much sense to Zia Ren.

Moving closer, she yelled up at the man, hoping that he would hear her voice above the roaring of the water crashing on the side of the boat.

"Hey! Helllloooo!

Turning back to look at the man, she noticed that he seemed to be looking at something other than the boat. She has a sick feeling that there was something she was missing, dancing just out of reach. Turning to look at Luxos she shook her head at him.

"I have no idea. Think we should be worried?"

Mood: Depressed
Condition:All shook up...
Link:

Last edited by Zia Ren on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 pm

"Hey! Helllloooo!" Ryu heard instantly.It was coming from the girl on the boat."Waterbend your boat over there!There are rocks over here!" Ryu shouted back hoping anyone could hear.
Back to top Go down
Luxos
Luxos

EXP : 91

Character Description
Position: Wanderer

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 am

Luxos

OOC: Sorry about the long delay guys, I've been crazy busy these past few weeks.

IC: His eyes met Zia's and he could see a hint of concern there. As she leaned over and shouted to the man, Luxos looked out at where he had been shooting fire. There was nothing there except for steam that had belched from the surface of the water from the heat of the fire. He couldn't hear anything from such a long distance, but it sounded like the man was shouting back to them.

"I have no idea if we should be worried, and I think the captain would know if there was something to be worried about right?"

The man on shore looked like he was working himself into a frenzy. And was shouting at the boat.

"I'm not sure what he's saying," Luxos said squinting at the shore, "Can you hear?"

Mood: Still Sleepy
Condition: Concerned
Link:

Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Finding no other way to get their attention, Ryu swam off towards the incoming boat(don't try this at home kids) and attempted to hop on. Finally grabbing onto the railing with the help of a wave, Ryu rolled onboard. "There are rocks there. Waterbend away!" Ryu yelled.
Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

EXP : 5225

Character Description
Position: bender

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Rin sighed with relief as the boat stationed at the dock, the water gently hitting the sides, rocking the boat. Rin eagerly jumped onto the wooden dock, "Thank goodness, I hate boats..." she said to herself, gazing at the island in awe. "woah!" she grinned, happy to finally on Ember Island. Rin hated boats, or anything to do with water in general, and was pleased to be on land once again. The salty sea air blew her long dark hair back, the cold wind hitting Rin's bare arms, she shivered. "colder then I expected..." she rubbed her arms in an attempt to keep warm as she made her way down the dock and into the streets.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Hakota-Zai

The same vessel had indeed held aboard a man whom few remember boarding the ship. And he slid off with equal notice into the strangely cool air about Ember Island. 'Twas quite odd, for such a tropical location to yield cold zephyrs. He looked back a moment at the boat, watching as the 'hands tied the ship to the dock posts. the man soon found his already hindered vision further so as ebony locks were tossed by a breeze to nearly brush his face.

The wearer of said locks passed the mercenary without notice, commenting on the ill temperature. "Colder, indeed," he noted aloud, though with a comfortably hushed tone.

The woman had little heed of the man, as most might. He hadn't spoken on the boat, much less made any real noise. And one could easily pass the man as the vagrant he was, as he wore some aged, dirtied kiyoshi warrior garments and leathers, darkened from grime and years; these did not include the traditional dress, but instead some loose leggings. Above these, poorly concealing the armor beneath, was a sad excuse for a full cloak. The poor piece of cloth was torn and tattered at all ends, though it seemed the man had put forth effort to patch holes and the like on more central pieces of the dark cloth. The cloak was obviously not sundered by age, but by battle; the tears were holes sized of arrow shafts and sword slashes while the cloak was visibly scorched where any corners of the fabric may have been.

But even when one noticed the man and took time to observe, they waived their gaze, avoiding looking upon the man's face-- such was mostly covered on the right side by ample amounts of dark cloth wrapping, but some of the scar tissue did show at the fringes of the material. Even the man's right eye was covered as if blinded for eternity.

Not minding this, he still made his way into the welcoming, though presently cold streets of Ember Island. Unwittingly, though, he was following the young woman who's black strands so easily traced the wind. Hakota was never one to think of such things, despite the copious amounts of wit he oft showed in his actions. It just didn't register to him what such one as he following a comely young woman might insinuate to most.

Mood:Indifferent.
Condition:Fit and Well.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:36 am

Rin countinued her way down the streets, weaving thourgh the crowd. As a fire bender, it came to her to use her gift to warm herself up, but she is determind not to depend on her fire for everything she does. she sighed, then a sharp chill ran up her back, not from the cold, but she felt she was being followed. She stoped and gazed around the crowd in suspion. She spotted a man in dark clothing, his face not yet visible to her. Curious, she studied him from a distance.

Her amber eyes crackled likr flames with curiousity of the young man's strange head dress, she tryed to figure out what nation he was from.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 am

Hakota-Zai

Still unaware that his path followed that of the woman's, Zai continued along his way, but soon found that the woman had stopped and was staring at something. He glanced behind him a moment as he moved, seeing nothing of note. The woman was looking upon him, it seemed, and he wondered as to why.

The mercenary stopped a short way from her, matching the enticing amber gaze of hers with his one icy-blue eye. The cloth hid merely his hair and the area about his right eye, though much of his sharp features were still visible. His jaw was sleek and his cheeks somewhat broad. Overall not an unattractive face if much of it weren't hidden.

He examined the woman. Fire nation, obviously. One glance at the semi-visible Kiyoshi garments he wore would swiftly identify himself as Earth Kingdom-- he had no real home anymore, however, and was quite the vagrant of a sword-for-hire.

But such were matters of origin, and this was the now. He looked upon the woman now with his only brow raised in curiosity. "Do you require something," he asked in a quizzing tone, though brought his voice out of it's usual softness so as to be audible above the surrounding hubbub of the crowd.

Mood:Curious.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 am

Rin blinked a few times and half smiled weakly, embarresed she was stareing, her pretty face going a light shade of pink. "no I don't, I'm so sorry for stareing...I'm just curious, I don't see many poeple from other nations often." she said, voice quite smooth and charming to listen to, it had a proud tone, yet it was kind of sweet and calm. She had to make her voice more powerful to beheard over the people hussling around the streets.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

Hakota-Zai

The woman's voice held quite the enchanting tone, and Zai could do little to help himself but to shift closer to her so he could better hear her soothing voice. It wasn't like him to focus on such pleasantries, but he found that anything pleasant helped in light of recent events.

"I can understand. Meeting new people from unknown places can be quite intriguing." He extended a hand to her, now close enough for such a notion. "I'm Hakota-Zai. No title or the such to really go with it," as he stated this, he moved his cloak aside with a free hand to show his Kiyoshi garments beneath."Earth Kingdom, Kiyoshi Island, in case the armor doesn't practically scream it aloud," he introduced himself calmly, as if it didn't matter who he was, but he did wait for her own name; something that strangely did interest him. He had slid out of his shell of indifference for once.

Mood:Intrigued.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:24 am

Rin half smiled and shook his hand firmly. "Kiyoshi Island? you're far from home!" She let go of his hand pushing her long dark hair out of her face, amber eyes twinkling with curiousity, since she was planinng to go to Kiyoshi island in her up comeing travels of the earth kingdom. "I'm Rin, as you can see, I'm fire nation..." she grinned, looking down at her red attire. "Actually, I'm from the main island. So, Hakata-Zai, what brings you here?."
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Hakota-Zai

"I'm often far from home. I'm a rather constant traveler. You could call me a vagrant, I suppose," he seemed quite passive about the statement, but somewhere deep in him he felt pain at his own words. She was from the fire nation, and it was indeed obvious. The nation was rather notorious for comely, fair-haired women.

"Well it's rather pleasant to meet you, Rin. I'm here to.... Relax, one could say. Escape is a more proper term, maybe." It truely was, seeing how he had to face recent events as they were. Things had not been well, and he had hoped his time on Ember Island might bring some peace to him. "And what might bring you here," he inquired, returning her question.

Mood:Curious.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Rin tilted her head slightly as she studied Zai, she senced there was a little more to his story he is leaving out. Rin thought it was best if she didn't inquire any further.

Rin shot Zai a dazzling smile at his question, very excited, but she tried to conceal it best she could. "I'm here for travel supplies, I'm heading to the earth kingdom tomorrow." She said, her beautiful voice full of pride. "Also, it is alot better if you take a boat to the earth kingdom from here rather than the main island..."

Rin's eyes amber eyes widened as she heard aloud crash and a scream, automaticly she turned to face the direction of the noise, Her long hair swaying behind her and on to her shoulder. "Did you here that?"
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Hakota-Zai

The Vagrant listened still as she described her voyage to the Earth Kingdom come 'marrow. She seemed well excited for her trip, and he understood her anxieties; he too had once felt similar when he'd first began to travel as well. Hmm... Just maybe...

But then their conversation was interrupted, a crash and a scream resounded through the streets his eye instantly turned to the noise, but it wasn't insight yet. "I did, let's check it out," he said quickly as he rushed past his new acquaintance, slowing his pace so she could keep up with him with ease. He knew he was quicker than most, ut the slower gate would allow her to keep pace with him.

Mood:Curiouser and curiouser.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:00 pm

"Alright." She replied, breaking into a run, following Zai. Rin herself had never been one for speed, they way she looked at it, there were some people built to flee, and others built to stay and fight. And Rin, well, she was a fighter.

Rin could tell Zai wasn't running as fast as he could, but didn't say anything, she was greatfull he was going at a pace she could keep up with. Rin sped up and over took Zai at the street corner, not turning, but skidding to slow herself down and manuver around the sharp piont.

In the distance, was three men dressed in black pushing a middle aged woman into a ally, next to a broken fruit stall. "That explains the crash...". Rin leaned against the wall next to the ally, listening and waiting for a time to stike. She looked at Zai, guestureing for him to lean next to her, so he may also hear.

"P-please... m-my husband will pay y-you...j-just a few more days..we will h-have the money...I swear!" The woman pleaded with the three men. One man smirked, a fire bender with a burn mark on his neck, clearly the head of the small gang. "Your husband is a bum...relying on a woman to buy him time..." The man chuckled darkly, and his friends began to do the same.

Rin snapped hearing the sexist remark, Her amber eyes seemed to burn angyly. Rin impulsively ran into the allyway, and with one, quick motion, she made a punching movement at the leader. A abnormally large burst of raging flames jumped from her fist, knocking the leader sending him flying. It was a very typical fire bending move, but it was very rare for ANYONE to have that amount of power in one blow.

The leader was now out cold, and the woman, and the two other men, stared at Rin. Then the two men got into their fighting stance. [/color] Rin looked at Zai, seeing if he had her back for the brawl that was about to begin.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Hakota-Zai

Zai followed Rin now as she overcame his intentionally slower pace. She skidded to a halt at the corner of an alley, and Zai stopped dead cold behind her, with a notable amount of more grace and finesse, the motion was even queerly silent. But once there, Rin heard something around the corner. Zai leaned in next to her to hear, but his senses were distracted a moment from the action of leaning in so close. He shook away the thoughts. Such wasn't like him, and he concluded his odd attraction to this young woman was a result of the recent events. He waived the feelings and focused on the situation at hand. He was a sell-sword, not a romantic.

Around the corner, three men were dragging a woman into an alley, threatening and babbling like common idiots that thieves and brutes were. "Insolent thugs," Zai silently spited the trio. He was about to lunge around the corner himself until Rin beat him to the draw, blasting the leader with unusual force; a firebender. Zai hadn't thought her the kind to be a bender, and immediately he felt that cold pit in his stomach. But the situation demanded action, and Rin seemed to wait to know she had his support. His next action was his answer.

He dashed past Rin, using the great speed Kiyoshi warriors were renown for. He was at the man holding on to the woman while they were dazed by Rin's sudden appearance. A ceramic Kiyoshi fan was drawn from beneath Zai's cloak, swung swiftly as it connected to the man's temple, knocking him away from the captive woman and sending him to the ground, dazed for the moment. The other thug had collected himself, however, and with the group being fire nation it was predictable at least one of them was a bender. He sent a jet of flame at Zai and the woman. But while the mercenary was swift, the woman was a civilian. His only real choice was to step in the way, trying to deflect the constant jet of flame, yet one fan wouldn't be enough.

Zai tried his best to block the fire with his one fan; his effort only fully protected the woman, though. The heat and flame licked around his ceramic weapon, beginning to burn his arms and hands. All he could do was hope Rin stopped the bender before Hakota's defenses failed.

Mood:Stalwart.
Condition:Burned, but fit.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Rin didn't hesitate to come to Zai's aid, she knew that it is nearly impossiable to reflect a constant flame like that. She quickly high kicked the bender's arm, the sourse of the attack, making him lose his focus and the fire to die out, relieving Zai. Rin looked at the woman and mouthed run . The woman nodded and quickly bowed in thanks beofre running away.

In Rin's momment of distraction, the fire bender swang at Rin's head. She ducked, low on the ground she stuck out one leg and span around, tripping over the fire bending thug. "You've got some nerve, Princess!" The bender hissed as Rin stood up. The too other thugs, beaten and tired, glared at Zai and Rin, one wiping blood from the corner of his mouth.

The two non benders quickly retreated, and with one last glare, the leader said to Zai and Rin, "See ya two around...next time I will not be so nice..." He spat on Zai's shoe, before running to catch up with his fellow gang members.

Rin snorted as she watched them leave. "Cowards!" she turned and smiled at Zai, but it quickly faded when she saw the burns on his hands, Her beautiful amber eyes widened in worry. "Hakota-Zai, your hands..." she said, her pleasant voice's tone changed to a concerned whisper. She walked over to him and gently took his wrists, softly bringing him close, carefully avioding his burns as she inspected them, her long hair almost tickling his arms.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Hakota-Zai

With the woman safely escaping, and the thugs defeated, the leader marks his parting words. A petty threat, as it were. "Nor will I, come that time," he threatened in turn, turning his boot so as to let the saliva miss it by an inch. The miscreants were gone now, and Zai began to examine his own wounds, but found Rin taking him delicately by the wrists and looking over his wounds, bringing the two close together in the process.

So close, Zai could smell her scent and even feel that unnatural heat exuding from her that firebenders were known to have. He found himself distracted a moment, wishing he could feel her hair through the burns on his had, but bit the inside of his cheek to disperse the thoughts. What about this girl enticed him so? It was unusual for him to feel attraction to just about anyone. He looked off to the side, not able to summon the will to take his hands back. He ignored the fact he secretly wanted her to keep a hold of them.

"I'll be fine. Just a little bit of pain, is all," he said as she examined them. The burns, while obviously severe enough to leave significant scarring, stopped at the leather Kiyoshi bracers Zai wore. And the burns would join the number of scars already on his hands.

Mood:Indifferent.
Condition: Burned, but Well.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Rin was anware of Zai's feelings of being so close, Rin seemed to think nothing of it. Rin looked up from his burns stuburnly, her burning amber eyes meeting his. "No, these burns will cause serious scarring! we need to put them in ice water rigt now!" Rin, havng been rasied in the fire nation, was an expert on burns and how to heal them. In her training years, many a time she had to heal herself.

Rin gently pulled Zai by the wrists, carefully avoiding his burns, leading him to a near by water feature fulled with icy cold water. Rin softly pulled Zai close and placed his hands into the water, instantly numbing the pain. " better?" she asked Zai, sending him a dazzleing smile. While his hands were in the water, she pulled a yellow powder in a little jar from her travel pack. "Rub this onto the burns and it will help the skin heal without scarring, I use it all the time..."
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Hakota-Zai

Despite his denial, Rin dragged Zai with unusually gentleness to a nearby fountain, dipping his hands into water. It was better, now, and he couldn't help but be strangely enamored by her dazzling smile. And he actually began to smile himself. They were so close too. It was all Zai could do to not imagine... He shook off the thoughts. "Y-...Yes.. Much better," he said with a break in his usually even voice. He not only wasn't used to people showing any kindness or worry for him, but as well he rarely found a woman who was so uncaring for the scar that disfigured his visage on one side. Then again, she hadn't seen the scar uncovered, and Zai clung to this fact in hopes it'd distract his thoughts from her. It was not like he was unused to women in general, just not ones so good to him.

She then handed him a yellow powder to help the burn heal, he took it and began rubbing it over his hands. He thought for a moment to himself, deciding he'd start some conversation to break the awkward thoughts that thus far went unrestrained in his mind.

"So you're headed for the Earth Kingdom, huh? Any particular reason, or just traveling?" He asked in his more usual tone, one that was calm, collected, and indifferent emotion-wise.

Mood:Somewhat Awkward.
Condition:Burned, but Well.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Rin watched Zai as she rubbed the powder into his hands. She hoped it would work on him as well as it worked on her burns. Now that she knew his hands would be alright, she moved away a little, giving him his space.

Rin heard his question and smiled, "I just have always been facinated by the earth kingdom, and that is one of the main reasons why I'm going there..." Her smile faded as she thought about her other reasons, which she thought should remain unsaid for now. Rin looked at Zai again, curious about why he covered half of his face.

Trying not to be to insenitive, she asked impulsively, "Can I ask why you hide one side of your face?" She tilted her head, her amber eyes flickering across his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ember Island Docks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks Empty

Back to top Go down

Ember Island Docks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next