The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ember Island Docks

Go down 
+2
Ryu Tatsuo
Zia Ren
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Ember Island Docks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 am

Hakota-Zai

Rin left Zai to his wound, leaving him somewhat torn between whether he should be comforted that she gave him space, or wishing she'd be close again. "What is up with you today," he thought to himself, shaking it off again. Then he froze a moment, listening as she inquired of his face-wrapping. She didn't know it covered his scar.

Well he doubted she'd be so at ease about him once she saw it, so he hoped it'd never get to that. Still, he'd spent most of his life not caring what others thought of the disfiguration, and a question deserved an answer. "Well... I got a rather terrible scar when I was an infant. Took out my eye and much of the skin around it," he said casually. It was a question he was asked often, but usually didn't bother to answer. He was strangely talkative around this woman, though. For whatever reason.

Mood:Odd.
Condition:Burned, but Well.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

EXP : 5225

Character Description
Position: bender
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 am

Rin gasped, it wasn't the thought of a scar that made her gasp, rather the idea that someone could have given him a scar as a innocent baby. [color=red]"Is that so? I'm sorry to hear that." She said, voice growing softer. "or=red]]"But it doesn't seem to effect you at all...you must be strong in there!" She smiled warmly at him, pionting to his cheast where his heart symbolicly was.

Rin new some people would be not so tolerant of things such as scarrings, since in her opinion some humans were so sallow to judge people automaticly on their looks. In a way, Rin was a victim of this, but on a lower scale. She was often picked on for not being able to afford the fancy, beautiful clothes the young woman of the fire nation wore. The constant degrading comments eventaully forced Rin to believe she was not Beautiful, and she never would be.

Rin's thoughts were broken by another odd gust of cold wind, blowing her ebony hair around wildly. She shivered and turned to Zai. "you better find a place to stay, before it gets any colder."Rin said, a sad tone in her usually proud voice. By the looks of the weather, she might have to part with her new found friend, which she oddly enough, she was dreading the thought. Rin felt quite odd, she was never one to grow attached to a person, let alone someone she had just met.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Hakota-Zai

She took Zai's scar well, and commented on his strength of heart. "Well... It's not all bad once you get used to it. The more people ignore you, the less they pay attention to the things you've done wrong," his words were unusually significant to him, looking back at his past, but still, things were then, and Zai was a new person.

She wished him to find some place warmer to bed, though, and he honestly would have, if he'd the coin to do so. "Err... I would, but my coins would only find me a place in a near alley. Not good with cutthroat thugs now out for me..." He thought for a moment, and engineered a strange idea. "Actually.... Perhaps you could bring me along with you to the Earth Kingdom, and I could be your guide. I know the provinces quite well, and you could use a guide to pass through the Great Divide, if you plan to. In exchange for a place to rest and some food at night. A simple price for an experienced bodyguard/guide." He didn't want to admit that another reason was he enjoyed her company, as well as the fact he had nowhere else to go-- he was at present both fleeing from the Fire Nation and trying to avoid having to return.

Mood:Mindful.
Condition:Fit and Well.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Rin couldn't help feel a little angry at the fact someone ignore another simply because of an unfortunite mark. How could people be so cruel? Rin tried not to think about it, she was tired of analizing it.

Rin looked at Zai at his proposal of a guide, but she shook her head, avoiding his eyes. As the proud person Rin was, she was, after all, cripplingly poor. She could bearly feed herself at times, how could she supply food for another when she couldn't even do that for herself?

Rin the hard truth was, she had no money at all at the momment, and was planning on sleeping in the docks. This was her reasons for leaving so hastlyly. "I'm sorry Zai, But I can't do that...It was a nice thought though." She smiled weakly, it really was a nice thought to have some company on her travels.

Rin gently rested her hand on Zai's shoulder, in a way of thanks. "Maybe, after I leave, we will run into eachother again?" She said with un unintentional tone of hope lingering on her voice.
Back to top Go down
Zhu-Rong
Zhu-Rong

EXP : 100

Character Description
Position: 2nd in Command of The Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Zhu-Rong stomped her heavily booted foot on the ground and slid it forwards. A mound of earth rose up and propelled itself forward, effectively trapping a retreating figure up to its neck above ground. She maneuvered her hands and unveiled the captive's wrists and ankles, ignoring her victim's protests.

"You....you can't do this to me I'm a high-class citizen!"

Zhu-Rong stopped mid-motion and quirked a lip at him. "Correction, you're a mudchucking Earth Kingdom citizen posing as Fire Nation nobility. Don't think I don't know who you are, Tomita Hideaki." The man's eyes visibly bulged from his skull and he squirmed in his "prison" hold. How the heck did this crazy girl know his name?!

"You.....how do you know me?!"

Zhu-Rong bent a metal clasp from her equipment bag and unceremoniously clamped his hands together. Hideaki gave a grunt and craned his neck in her direction. With a stomp, Zhu-Rong sent the earth into the ground and she put a foot on his back.
"Now, why don't you make like a seal-dog and lie down?" She jerked her foot back and rammed it into his shoulder blades. Hideaki tumbled to the ground with a face full of dirt.

"YOU WRETCH!"

"Tomita Hideaki; 37 years old and a dead-beat slumlord of Omashu. Once married, now divorced, has been for eleven years. Habitual gambler and wanted for embezzlement as well as spear-heading the movement for child trafficking across the Eastern EK. Pfft, and you're to be captured alive? Pigs like you disgust me." Zhu-Rong grimaced. Before Hideaki could even protest she gave him a swift kick to the head.

Knocking his lights out.

ooOOoo

"Alright Zhu, you've earned yourself a vacation....and as such....what better way than to spend it here on Ember Island....and with food!"

Zhu-Rong rounded one of the corners on the docks and headed for the heart of the island. After giving the pig over to her client at the shores, she bid her farewell and disappeared in the alleyways. Now, all that was left for the day was to soak up the sun and celebrate.

Perhaps even hit a bar or two.

"But that'll be later on tonight though." She mused aloud and jostled the hefty money pouch in her hand, "And you can bet I ain't goin' in til the cows come home!"

The sell-sword took her time strolling through the streets. "Really, because I have nothin' to do today.' She paused at almost every stand, sniffed every perfume and even bought herself a few snacks here and there. When the sun was betwixt in the sky, Zhu-Rong decided to head further into to town. She reached the market district first, and was instantly bombarded by merchants and nobility alike.

She resisted the urge to pull a face, "Ugh. Too close for comfort, need to find some space....like now." Zhu-Rong bent away the metal sole of her boot and tapped her foot on the ground. Vibrations scattered over the entire crowd and stretched out past the alleyways. After a few seconds they pinpointed a near deserted fire fountain and dispersed.

The Earthbender ducked under a stand and sprinted off toward the Fire Fountain. She bobbed and weaved through the throngs of islanders and came to a pause upon reaching the edge of the fountain square. As she'd sensed, there happened to be a few people present....but not as much.

Zhu-Rong's dark eyes zeroed in on two lone figures and she squinted. The back profile of the man looked awfully familiar......

"You've got to be frickin' kidding me....."She grumbled and traipsed toward the pair, albeit casually so as not to startle them. Once she was close enough, Zhu-Rong gave the duo another once over and she folded her arms across her chest.

Her lips curled into a smirk. "Well I'll be....if it ain't my Dead-Eye Zai!"
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Hakota-Zai

Zai would just have to do without Rin's company, then. He couldn't help but feel this wasn't to be unexpected. He could decipher several reasons as to why she might not wish him to accompany her, but it mattered not. He began fastening his headwrap about his visage again.

"Maybe, after I leave, we will run into eachother again?" She said, hope in her tone. Zai heard naught but honesty in her voice, and actually drew a slight smile-- nearly invisible.

"I do hope so, indeed, Rin. May it be a fair crossing as well," he was to bid her fairwell when something bugged the fringe of his senses. A 'seismic-ping' one could call it. But it was so light... Strange he hadn't felt one so soft and strange since....

"Well I'll be....if it ain't my Dead-Eye Zai!" Remenants of the past crashed down into Zai's thoughts at the familiar voice and even his old nickname from his years as an assassin. He visibly cringed, but straightened so once he turned, his old rival wouldn't notice the notion. It was indeed Zhu, who had once been the student nefarious for rivaling Zai himself in their Kiyoshi training, but in all the opposite aspects. It didn't help that they were related by blood.

Zai made his best to keep a level indifference towards Zhu's presence. Honestly, he didn't know whether to be surprise, joyful, spiteful, or disgusted by her presence. They had quite the mixed emotions about one another. "And if it isn't my Little Rockbiter Zhu.... Though I will always consider you more the type to throw sand about, you sure did favor those pebbles," he chided, crossing his arms with a snide grin.

"So what in this uncelestial plane could have possibly dragged you to Ember Island? Word in the underground has it that you are the new Turncoat of the Shadows," he inquired, but forgot himself; Rin was still there, standing behind him. He stepped aside so Zhu could see the fair young girl. "Ah!... Sorry, Rin. This is my... More than obtrusive sister, Zhu-Rong.... Sis.... This is Rin, a recent acquaintance..." Terrible with introductions, Zai hoped conversation could move on quickly.

Mood:Surprised and somewhat confused.
Condition:Mostly recovered.

Back to top Go down
Rin of Fire
Rin of Fire

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Rin saw Zai's lips twitch slightly, the corners of his mouth curling ever so slighty. was that a smile? The thought Zai was showing a very small sign of joy, even if it was slim. Zai was about to leave when Rin noticed him stiffen slightly, as if he got a chill.

Before she could ask what was the matter, a young woman appeared infront of them "Well I'll be....if it ain't my Dead-Eye Zai!" She said, smirking. Rin felt tenion fill the air between the young woman and Zai. Rin amber eyes grew harsh, not sure if this woman was a threat or not.

As the two continued to talk, Rin felt as she was forgotten, Feeling a alittle akward, she was about to walk away. She pushed back her hair from her face and was about to turn, then Zai said "Ah!... Sorry, Rin. This is my... More than obtrusive sister, Zhu-Rong.... Sis.... This is Rin, a recent acquaintance..." . Rin smiled weakly at Zhu-Rong, useing her long hair to hide her pretty face. "Hello Zhu-Rong" She held out her hand for Zhu to shake.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Tatsuo
Ryu Tatsuo

EXP : 239
Birthday : 1999-08-04

Character Description
Position: General

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Seeing the rocks coming near, and realizing he could do nothing to stop the boat, Ryu jumped off and swam to shore. Ryu ran 10 ft. up the shore and watched as the boat hit the water. Not knowing if there was anybody alive, Ryu decided that he should look for a waterbender to move what was left of the boat to find survivers. Looking down the dock Ryu shouted,"Is anyone here a waterbender."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ember Island Docks   Ember Island Docks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ember Island Docks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2