The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Private Feast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bo Li
Bo Li

EXP : 388

Character Description
Position: King of Omashu
Nation: Earth Kingdom

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 pm

It was a grand evening in the Earth Kingdom city of Omashu. It bustled with activty at the announcement of the new king. Bo Li, nephew to the Earth Queen Meili, made his move in politics and it was a large move. Many critics would say bold or even risky with his relation to the Earth Queen. But regardless, he had garnered the attention he needed to win the position of king. Yet he earned even more admiration when he made an invitation for all those around the world to enter the stone gates of Omashu for a festival to celebrate. He extended this invitation across the four nations and promised an evening one wouldn't soon forget. He would also be recounting the tale of Omashu at the palace; but only few would attain such a right.

The King of Omashu had devised a cunning plan to weed out those whom he would like to meet. Scattered and hidden around the great city were 20 special notices that would grant it's holder access to the palace to meet Bo Li and enjoy a feast prepared by him and his chefs. Many of these were disguised by riddles, others held by people who required you to perform a specific task. But the time drew near to when the party would begin at the palace. Bo Li could not wait. He had already roamed the streets to experience the festivities of Omashu and spoke to several people about how much influence he already had. He was happy to see more than Earth Nation colors.

At the entrance to the palace stood the King of Omashu, Bo Li. He was greeting those who could count themselves lucky to have found their right to enter the palace on this night as a personal guest of Bo Li. He gave a meaningful smile, coupled by handshakes and small talk about whether one had enjoyed their night so far or whether they had any questions. He seemed very mindful of what they and himself spoke and promised that he would take care of all their needs as the night extended onwards. He shook hands with the 19th person. "Now, I could've sworn I left out 20 notices, perhaps we have a late guest coming to the party. Please do serve the drinks now, make sure you give them a choice and tell them I will be along once the 20th guest arrives.", he said as a few servants moved off to deal with the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

EXP : 8416

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

Shi-Hao had been waffling about following the instructions on the slim card that she had found in the middle of Omashu. It had asked her to reach into the dragon's mouth... that could only mean the fountain in the northern quarter of the city. When she had climbed the spitting dragon statue, she had retrieved a soaked bit of cloth, upon which were words of invitation.

Her curiosity piqued, the petite earthbender had donned a green silken gown, with intricate golden patterns, and presented herself to the Palace. With any luck, she wouldn't be tossed out on her ass, as she half expected to be. The invitation might be a hoax, after all.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:13 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Even at 43 years old, Meili retained much of her youthful beauty. She looked her age (perhaps a slight bit younger), but a lot of powerful bending masters were known for their good looks even in their 40s and sometimes even into 50s. Meili was one of them, Her good looks and charm had helped her become the charismatic leader of the Earth Kingdom. After all, someone looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame would not have gotten very far regardless of their charisma.

She donned a simple gown, with an assortment of greys and dark blues and greens, with touches of gold here and there--patterns from Kyoshi Island. Similarly, her face was painted with the red and white Kyoshi makeup, and she wore a golden headdress as well.

She had not been formally invited, but agents of her inner circle travelled fast, and so she knew what he was up to most of the time. They did not interfere with his personal life a great deal--mostly just watching for any big changes, or in this case... events. She had not waited to see if she had an invitation or not. She decided that she was going to show up anyways, and so the short woman with the red and white facepaint soon showed up for the event after all.

Apparently she had been guest #19, because she got in with a handshake, smirking as she passed by her own nephew who had not even noticed her.
Mood: Devious
Condition: Disguised
Link:

Back to top Go down
Bo Li
Bo Li

Character Description

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:31 am

It had been no wait that one would expect. Bo Li stood waiting for his final guest to arrive and smiled. "I take it that you received the riddle about the fountain in the northern quarter of the city. I told them not to use that one. I welcome you to the city of Omashu, and I will introduce myself. I am the King of Omashu, Bo Li. Please, enter the palace and be our guest. Have tea, try the cake. After all it is a feast with a story to tell, don't feel intimidated to enjoy your time here."

He gestured to the doors of the palace that opened up. "I hope that you savor the night, we aren't all born into this kind of life, nor do we all achieve it." He walked through the doors, uncaring whether his 20th guest followed or not. He approached the table where his guests were seated and served.

He coughed to clear his throat. "Welcome to the palace of Omashu. I am Bo Li, the newly named King of Omashu. We live in a time where the future is uncertain, and the actions of a few may change the fates of us all. I thank you all for playing the game we set out for you. I cannot take all the credit, most is due to those who work here at the palace." Bo Li sat down at an empty spot.

"An ancient legend states that a man named Shu and a woman named Oma, each from one of two warring towns, met atop a mountain that divided their peoples and fell deeply in love. Although their relationship was forbidden and it was dangerous for them to continue meeting, this couple found a way to continue see each other in secrecy. By observing the badgermoles, the couple created a great labyrinth which only they could navigate. This allowed them to meet secretly, while anyone else who tried to follow would become lost forever.", he spoke, taking a brief pause before continuing. "However, one day Shu did not come to meet Oma, nor would he ever again. It is said that Shu was slain in the war between their two villages. Stricken with grief and sorrow, Oma displayed her earthbending power, such that could easily have destroyed both villages. But, she instead declared the conflict over and demanded peace. The warring villages complied and built a city to honor the couple's love. Eventually, it came to be known as Omashu.", he said, with a smile.

"Now, I will welcome questions during the feast as the palace workers will tend to all of your needs throughout the night. Without further interruptions, feel free to eat.", he announced as servants scattered to all of the guests to serve them the best they could.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:57 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

To say that she was surprised would have been an understatement. When Shi-Hao was greeted by the King of Omashu, her eyes had widened almost comically. She recovered quickly, however, and smiled graciously. "Thank you, very much, your highness. I am happy to have accepted the invitation."

Following him into the palace, to the table, Shi-Hao takes a couple very small tea cakes, along with a cup of the Jasmine Tea. Then, she settled in to listen to the story of the city's origins. It was an interesting story, certainly, and the King of Omashu had a pleasant voice, to listen to.

Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:18 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili smiled. "So the King of Omashu has invited me to a party in his palace... well I am honored to accept his invitation."
It was indeed a shoutout to an old Lake Laogai conspiracy that Meili herself had been involved in years later.

Meili started out with tea, although quickly took a shot of something stronger from her hip flask. the tea was still good though, and so were the little moon cakes she was sampling.

Well familiar with the story of Omashu herself, she did not pay full attention, but paid enough attention to it as to not become rude. For now, it was mostly a self-amusement game of seeing how long it would take before her cover was blown.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Bo Li
Bo Li

Character Description

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 am

Bo Li smiled. "I hope you all enjoy your stay in Omashu. You are welcome to stay here in the palace for the the duration of the festivities if you chose. I do ask that you not travel around the palace unattended. Now...", he said as he stood up, clpping his hands together. "I will welcome any questions.", he stated. He looked his gaze upon the guests. He could place many of them, having researched much of the political world to prepare for his rule over Omashu. But there was one guest he questioned. One who appeared to be a Kiyoshi Warrior. He pointed at in her direction and spoke. "I did not think the proud Kiyoshi Warriors would have the time to leave their island of Kiyoshi with such short notice of this festival. But I am honored to be in your presence.", he said, bearing a sly smile as he bowed.

Whether or not this woman was from Kiyoshi or not, Bo Li had no reason to reveal his suspicsions. After all, he amounted this to be about the festivites and draw the public ire so that he may appear to be more than what many would believe him to be, a puppet to his aunt. He hadn't heard too much about her, nor did he extend her and invitation. He considered it a risky move, too early for such an action. But he knew if she wanted something, she could attain it.
Back to top Go down
Shi-Hao
Awesome Member
Shi-Hao

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 am

Shi-Hao Ni Kaihua

"Whom might we ask to accompany us, should we wish to see the palace gardens?" Shi-Hao asked with a slight curve to her lips. Since she was here, after all, the carefully tended flora would be the one thing she'd want to see. The rest of the palace, as well of the politics, hardly interested her...

Even still, she wanted to enjoy herself, as she had been invited, in a rather inventive way. That part, Shi-Hao both appreciated and enjoyed.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 2:12 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Feeling a bit clever and perhaps manipulative, Meili decided that her question should be a bit more rousing. She did nod towards the woman who spoke up as if in agreement, although she had a basic idea of where to find the gardens in question.

"And so what of the Earth Queen?" she asked, "Some say you are a puppet, but it seems hardly likely given the distance between the two of you... what is your relatyionship with her on a political level?"
Meili was curious to know what her nephew thought of her politically. She knew their relationship was aunt and nephew, as that was fairly common knowledge. Still... she wanted to gauge how much of a friend and/or loyal ally Bo Li was, while being polite and hopefully discreet about it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Bo Li
Bo Li

Character Description

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 am

"All of the people in this palace know every twist and turn of Omashu, they will gladly take you there. If it turns out that everyone wishes to see the palace gardes I did consider moving us out there.", he answered her question before turning to the Kiyoshi Warrior.

"I feel she would, on a political level, be greater than myself. Though we likely agree on some things, I suspect our views will differ in the future. I have only met her once, but she came across as a great leader, prepared to do whatever it takes to safeguard the Earth Kingdom's people.", he stated to the Kiyoshi Warrior. "I hope that answers any questions thus far. If you'll excuse me, I must attend to an important matter and I will return to the celebrations soon.", he said, as he walked off down a hall.

Bo Li ended up in a lit room with a table. The smell of ink was powerful, and he sat down at the table and began writing a letter to Meili.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Private Feast Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Feast   A Private Feast Empty

Back to top Go down

A Private Feast
Page 1 of 1