The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On My Way Through Omashu

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shishio
Shishio

EXP : 553

Character Description
Position: Traveller
Nation: Water Tribes

On My Way Through Omashu Empty
PostSubject: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Shishio Ebbna

There were a number of ways to deliver mail in this world. Carrier bird, carrier bird-rat, courier, wagon, boat... but nowhere else in all that very same world, could find a method quite like it was done in Omashu.
"COMING THROUGH!"
He wasn't sure if it was designed for people either, but Shishio didn't particularly care as he leapt over the nearby wall, and landed himself snuggly into the pile of papers that were instead the cart as it slowly picked up momentum from gravity. Hearing some official's voice grow ever more distant - despite how angry it was - Shishio grinned to himself. He'd heard rumours of the great city's famed delivery system, and had immediately suspected the possibility of using it deliver himself. Only the spirits would - and perhaps an architect - would know where he'd end up, but at least he had the foresight to wait until the contents of the cart were soft before making his attempt. The cart soon accelerated as it practically fell down the chute which guided its path, the hood on Shishio's top flapping wildly as he grinned like a mad man.

Mood: Excited
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

A hunt that had ended vainly, and a sister who had lost her twin... what more could she do?
Zakura learned of a myraid of things that could be done here, and if her sister wanted to run away with some Fire Nation floozy with her mother... well, some things couldn't be helped. what pleased Zakura was that she knew that her father Akhet would be proud if he could see her now. She had already had some crazy experiences in Omashu, including running into a spirit of all things... a past Avatar no less.

At the moment though, she was up to her usual mischief, which was, like that of many other kids her age, abusing the mail-delivery system that Omashu was internationally famous for. she had jumped into a cart that happened to be full of... bricks. so... while she had started her journey near the very top of the city, she was racing downtown quite swiftly.

it was after several of these trips that she noticed something different. in a chute nary a few meters away from her, she noticed another waterbender doing the same thing. it was not a terrible surprise to see someone joyriding in these carts, but they were mostly earthbenders and such. a fellow waterbender? now this was interesting.
she waved and called out to him, just trying to get his attention or say hi. if nothing else, they would probably soon meet up at the bottom unless their carts were going different ways.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Shishio Ebbna

Already Shishio was actually having to try and brace himself as the cart descended down the delivery system, almost certain that should he let go, he'd go flying backwards and be left behind by his ride. Well, not strictly his, but commandeered in the name of good fun. Given how this whole thing was operated, probably at worst you'd have him and noone else being hurt...
Though as his ears twitched slightly, maybe he actually had some company on this crazy ride after all.
Turning his head left and right like a curious cat, Shishio's eyes eventually caught sight of the girl who evidently had been on something of the same wave length when it came to spending her time today.

Eyes narrowing sightly as he tried to discern the girl's physical features, the young man blinked slightly as he realised that she was... getting closer? Looking down a bit, it became apparent that such was actually the result of the chutes that the two were travelling down themselves joining closer, probably to eventually link up at some point.
Well, it was convenient for conversation at least.
"Water Tribe? Nice to see I'm not the only one!" He yelled out at the top of his lungs so as to be heard over the air brushing across their faces, and the grind of the stone beneath them. At a mere glance, this girl - whoever she might be - seemed like potential fun. She was here, after all, and on top of that... well, it wasn't exactly a strain on the eyes to look, though her face to go with it made discerning her age confusing. Could they even be that big when they were that young?

...Though he might have wanted to avert his eyes briefly, if only to realise that their carts seemed matched for speed and the intersection was coming up soon...

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Mostly surprised that she had gotten his attention, Zakura grinned and waved again.
"I'm probably just as surprised!" she laughed loudly, hoping he had heard her. she crouched down a bit more as if to pick up speed, her long hair flying behind her. a few loose strands flowed in the breeze (well, the gust of air that was blasting against them at their breakneck speeds), and her dreadlocks whipped back and forth behind her, flying this way and that. Like most Native Water Tribespoeple, Zakura was sturdily built, with an athletic frame, dark brown skin and dark brown hair. She had the same electric blue eyes that the Avatar had. That was one of the famous trademarks of the Tallarico Clan--the same clan from which the current Avatar was from.

she noticed that their chutes were getting closer, but did not notice that they were set to converge soon.
"Nice ride, eh?" She shouted, though not as loudly, given that they were considerably closer to each other this time around. she kept her eyes on him for the most part, seeing if he would react--not necessarily even to her presence, but perhaps to her question and to the ride. he looked like a first-timer at it.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Shishio Ebbna

"Probably? How the heck are you uncertain about this?!" Shishio asked in bemused laughter, though he was admittedly thinking through a series of answers in his head as he observed the strange young woman. Maybe she was just so overwhelmed by adrenaline that she wasn't sure if what she was already feeling was excitement, fear, and so forth?
Or was she perhaps trying to make a funny joke?
"Its definitely a fun way to get aroooooOH BOY!" Finally, he managed to pull his eyes away from the interesting figure so as to realise the current course the two of them were upon. Given they were currently moving at roughly the same speed... yeah, that wouldn't be good.

"'Scuse me!" And not wishing to waste any time, lest they both be flung from several dozen metres up and then crash onto the streets below. So instead, Shishio crouched into a good position, before making a sudden and surprising leap to the side. Lightened of his load and no longer facing as much resistance from the stone beneath it, the cart he had been using began to marginally speed ahead, making its way through before any collission might occur.
And what Shishio, you might ask?
"Help... please!" He had rather unfortunately forgotten to account for air resistance in his jump, and so was left being outsped by the very cart he was trying to leap to. As his luck would have it though, he'd managed to seize the back of the cart with one hand, and now had it joined with the other in a desperate attempt to cling to it. Sadly, as his luck would have it, he was now clinging to the back of a cart that might at some point risk near-freefall down the chutes it traversed.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

"'cuz I'm a Tallarico." she laughed loudly in response to his question, "we don't deal in absolutes!"
Zakura was slightly odd just like her aunt and father. there was no getting around that.
"What's wro--OH CRAP!" she had wondered why he had turned his head, but soon noticed. She wasn't sure what to do, but she was ready to brace for the worst. Besides, there was nothing wrong with a little life-risking fun. she had ended up in far worse predicaments before.

Still, during her inaction, he had reacted. he had made a bounding leap towards her cart in order to alter the speeds of both. it was a good plan, but a few key points had been underestimated, and instead of making it into the cart, he had grabbed onto the back edges.
Zakura had scooted over in the thought of making room, but now she was faced with a different problem.
"here... let's help ya out!" she chuckled, now recognizing that this intersection was one that dropped off shortly after. she would use that momentum to pull him into the cart.
"hold on tight!" she warned, taking his hands. her grip was firm but not painfully so, and the chances of her letting him accidentally go were minimal.
they went over the steep drop, which quickly leveled out a moment later, but during that time, Zakura had pulled him safely into the cart. the only thing that was unaccounted for was that because of the way she had pulled him in, he landed right on top of her. as the cart landed back on (somewhat) level surface on its way down, getting up wouldn't be too hard.

"Heh..." she chuckled, unfazed about the situation, "nice landing, eh?"
this close to her, he would be able to tell that she was either in her late teens or early 20s. she had vivid, electric blue eyes just like the Avatar, and a few loose bangs had strayed into her face, and stayed there because of how she was positioned based on the wind resistance. other than a small loop on the upper ridge of her right ear, it didn't look like Zaura had any tell-tale markings or jewelery.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Shishio Ebbna

"Thoughtful and beautiful? Must be my lucky day." Shishio chuckled in spite of his rather precarious situation, waiting for the moment in which the young woman would pull him (relatively) safely inside the cart. He didn't have to wait too long, but as his body fell onto something far softer than the bricks that covered the cart's bottom, he had to wonder whether or not he'd inadvertently done something nice for the spirits at some point.
"Quite nice. You make a wonderful pillow." Shishio grinned sligtly as he got his close up inspection of the girl's body... before both of them would find themselves tumbling out from the cart as it suddenly turned on its own axis.
"Consider yourself lucky I don't report you to the city guard!" It was one of the Earth Benders who enabled the system to function that had turned the cart over, tossing out the meatbag contents before putting back in the bricks and sending it on its way.

"Perhaps it'd be best if we take him up on his generosity." Shishio suggested as he worked himself up to his feet, extending a hand to the young woman.
"My name's Shishio. I don't believe we've met, otherwise I'm sure I'd have recognised such a pretty face." And he could vouch for his memory on that one.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 am

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura let out an "oomf!" as the young man landed on her, but she was a tough kid and wasn't about to cry from something so trivial. Besides, she had done this herself. Zakura was aware that most Waterbenders or citizens of the Water Tribe were rather good looking by nature, and that seemed to be in this young man's blood as well. Well, there was no complaining about that.

she did let out a slight yelp of surprise when they were flung out of the cart, but she dusted herself off and recovered quite well. She looked like quite the free-spirited wanderer based on her clothing and hairstyle. she had dredlocks on each side of her face, and most of the rest of her hair was scraggly and unkempt, but it fit her look quite well. she had on a long dark blue jacket over an undershirt, and a pair of similarly-colored baggy trousers, but her hands and feet were both care. Under the slightly untidy look though was a girl with an athletic frame and shimmering blue eyes.

"noted," she replied towards the officer and then glanced towards her new acquaintance. "and noted," she repeated towards him as they got to their feet.
She giggled when he mentioned her having a pretty face.
"Zakura," she shook his hand, giving her name while she was at it. "quite the memorable way to meet someone, wouldn't you say Shishio?"
Condition: A bit dazed, but well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Shishio Ebbna

"I'll say. I've already commited it and your name to memory." Shishio answered as he lightly folded his arms, walking around the girl slightly as he tried to figure things out from her appearance.
"You've not lived here that long, have you?" Stepping back slightly, he was quite certain in his inquiry, before lightly tugging at the edge of the girl's jacket.
"You don't dress this heavily in the Earth Kingdom unless you're royalty, a soldier, or... stupid." Shishio lightly shrugged with a chuckle, before briefly flapping out his own sweatshirt, sleeveless and with a hood at the back. "Its why mine's like this instead."
"So mind if I ask your life story as I go get you a meal?" Coming on strong now, wasn't he?

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

"Fair enough," Zakura chuckled, standing there. A slightly gangling creature in her baggy clothes and bare feet, she was a simple girl covered with simple but comfortable clothing.
"I wouldn't say that... this is just comfortable... it's not very heavy either... just durable."
she liked that jacket quite a bit in fact. she hopped up onto one fit and twirled, letting the ends of it flow outward as she spun.

"and it's pretty--in my opinion at least." she giggled. "I haven't lived here terribly long, no, but I have lived long enough to know how much to shed. you shoulda seen me when I first got here."
she remembered someone talking about the girl underneath all those layers. Zakura wasn't hard on the eyes at all.
"but... yeah. it;s part of why I don't wear shoes anymore."

his forwardness was earning Zak's approval quite fast. the Tallarico clan had always been a rather shameless and blunt family. "If that suits your fancy, then I'm up for it." she chirped, "thank you for the offer too."
she began following him, assuming he was going to get her something to eat.
"Where do you want me to begin?" she asked, "and for that matter, out of curiosity... why do you want to know?"
She had nothing to hide and would not be afraid to share it... but people had different motives for wanting to learn about someone... Zakura just wanted to find out what his was.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Shishio Ebbna

Shishio briefly looked down and blinked a few times as Zakura mentioned her apparent lack of footwear, and lo and behold, it was the truth. He chuckled slightly at the thought she might possibly have gone native, but then he reminded himself that by his own logic, she hadn't quite done that yet.
As they got to walking though, the man was thinking through all sorts of questions in his head, whilst Zakura got to herself asking on just what precisely he wished to know, and the reason behind his curiosity.
"Hmm... Yes, why would I want to know about the interesting, beautiful young woman that saved my life. Complete mystery." Shishio grinned slightly, pretty certain that such would serve as an indirect answer in itself.

"Though first, I'd like to point out that the 'no shoes' thing is mostly for Earthbenders. Their power is strongest when their feet are connected to the ground, so its actually practical. You're just getting dust between your toes." Shishio snickered to himself, before getting onto his proper questions.
"But how about we start from where you came from? South or North?" It was pretty simple, and should make a good gateway into actually getting to properly know her. Not much point to laying on the charm if all he got out of it was a shallow girl who simply enjoyed the attention.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura almost had a skip to her step as she walked alongside her new acquaintance. She was not about to blow away in the wind, but there was something in her stop that made the pitter-patter of her bare feet make almost no noise as they touched the stone.

Hearing his response to her question made her laugh, and hers was one filled with mirth.
"I'm flattered," She cooed, shaking a few bangs into her face, her dark skin doing a fairly good job at hiding a tinge of pink that had shown up on it.

she nodded at his remark towards her bare feet.
"I thought everyone knew why earthbenders did that," she shrugged, "I just do it because I don't like wearing shoes... I don't mind having a pair of dusty feet."
she wiggled her toes against the stone.

"I'm from the Southern Water Tribe just like the Avatar," she replied, only bringing her up because Zakura was Avatar Zulera's niece. She seldom used this for bragging rights unless she was in a bragging contest or something, and this time it was just to list someone famous that most people had heard about, that had come from the same place she had. "I live down there with my father Akhet, but we're free-spirits... wanderers who kind of do as we please... not to say that we put ourselves above the law or anything, but we do appreciate good old-fashioned freedom... you know what I mean?"

Like Zulera, Zakura cherished her freedom, even if it was something as simple as being free to walk around barefoot as she pleased. she thought it was a fairly easy concept to understand, but given that not everyone thought the same way she did, she was often wrong in this regard.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Shishio Ebbna

It would seem that Shishio had gotten off to a good start with this girl so far, given that she hadn't hit him yet. Then again, there was always the possibility of some parental figure getting involved...
The way she answered his first question though, about her origns, was itself something that raised another question, at least in the depths of Shishio's mind. He had not personally known that the Avatar was amongst the Southern Water Tribe's lot - though based off tales of the old one, it would logically have to be water at this point - but the reference seemed strange nonetheless.
Still, the man nodded several times as the girl commented on her and her father's nature as wanderers, trying to simply live their lives as they saw fit, even with due respect for the law.

"I actually know it a lot, given I've done nothing but travel the Earth Kingdom for the last five years. Sometimes I stay somewhere for months, weeks, or if it really does bore me, a couple of days." Shishio answered, sniffing around as he tried to follow his nose to a restaurant.
"Is travelling your kind of hobby, or would something along the lines of riding a delivery system be more according to your interests?" Eventually turning a corner down some steps, the man smiled as he spotted the wafting steam rise out from a nearby building.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura was not worried about her father interfering with any relationship she may or may not have had. While he was a protective man like any good father was, he was not meddling in every corner of his daughter's life, nor did he wish to. He would step in if Zakura did anything stupid, but luckily, he trusted his baby girl more than that.

It went back to that concept of freedom, something that Tallaricos cherished. They were not the type to allow themselves to be held down, even if it was by parental restrictions. luckily for Zakura, Akhet was a laid-back fellow who at the moment was miles away anyways, and so it wouldn't matter a great deal unless he got wind of something so notorious that Zak had theoretically done that the news spread that quickly. That as all just theorizing though.

"Fair enough," she nodded after hearing him out, "and aye, travelling is sort of a hobby, but crazier dangerous things like riding delivery carts is more me... the adrenaline you feel rushing through you as you're careening down near 90-degree slopes sometimes is a pretty difficult one to match. really, it'd just depend on my mood, I think."
When he sniffed, she naturally did too, wondering what he was smelling. When she caught whiff of it, she took a big sniff herself, and followed him, still almost skipping along on her tippy-toes as she walked.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 am

Shishio Ebbna

"Thrill seeker. You're a total thrill seeker." Shishio grinned, knowing just how fun such persons could be. Not only to simply be around, but also...
He shook his head slightly. Keep those kinds of thoughts out of mind until he knew exactly where this budding friendship was going.
"Not that that's a bad thing of course. A little excitement every now and again is good for the body and soul, I think." He noted as he held back the tarp for the young lady to go first, before sitting himself down at a table in the small restaurant.
"I've got some silver pieces left over from a small show I did a few months ago. So feel free to order what you like off the menu." Dipping his hand into his satchel, Shishio extracted his small coin bag, which jingled lightly as he dropped it on the surface of the table before him.

"I'm preferable to Roast Rattle-Hog, myself." One did have to make sure they avoided the tail though.

Condition: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 am

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura grinned widely and shamelessly. "that's exactly what I am." she beamed. "and proud of it... it makes life that much more entertaining, no?"
She had no connotations with this remark other than the most obvious one, which was the entertainment value of the thrills she sought.

"I definitely agree that it's good for the body and soul... I mean, I've been doing it rather consistently for the last several years, and I'm still alive and well, yes?"
she giggled at her own joke as she stepped inside, sitting across from him at the table in the restaurant once they were both inside.

"there's a lot of meat eaten in the Water Tribes," She replied, "Though given the nature of the place, that's a given... if the Roast Rattle-Hog is what's good here... I'll give it a try."
It wasn't something they had back home, but it was meat. how bad could it be?

Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Shishio Ebbna

"And here I heard you lot ate sea prunes all day. I've never actually been to either the North or South Poles. Born and raised here in the Earth Kingdom, funny as it might sound." Shishio remarked as he looked upon his menu, and after the waiter arrived, made his order. One large rattle-hog for the two of them, but a wide variety of sides from which they'd be free to pick and choose.
"Though if I'm not mistaken, I was trying to ask about you. Anything else that might make your interesting? Or do I have to work with what I've already got?" Shishio's chuckle was slight as he began to move his hand through his coin, trying to pull from it all he would need to eventually pay their bill for the meal.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura giggled. "eww.... sea prunes are gross." she remarked. "as for the Tribes..."
she paused, having been to both, which were both cool in their own respects.
"they're obviously really cold, with lots of snow and ice and stuff everywhere, but a few extra coats and some nice thick gloves and boots, and you'll do alright. But... there's nothing wrong with being born in the Earth Kingdom... not like there's a whole lot you coulda done about it anyways, eh?"

"interesting things about me though... hmm..." she thought for a moment, "well... I'm a thrill-seeker; I've gone cliffdiving before... evne up in the cliffs of the tribes... not a very smart idea unless you can bend the water out of your clothes AND have a spare set that's dry and warm waiting for you... I met an Avatar spirit once... got a bunch of smacktalk about my aunt from that guy... and..." she shrugged, "well, is there anything in particular you're looking for? I could ramble, but that makes me seem all self-important."

none of her stories were shared for the sake of bragging. But... she was not joking when she said she was a thrill seeker, and so she had sought out many... well, thrills. she watched him fish out some coins, and glanced up at him, and occasionally around to see when their food would get there--but mostly she kept her eyes on him.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Shishio Ebbna

Even as the first of the side dishes arrived, simple bread and salads that could be ready at any time, Shishio seemed intent to listen to the words that escaped Zakura's lips. He had a rather cheery smile on his face and gave a small laugh as she gave her clearly sage-like advice on cliff diving. By contrast though, his jaw hung slightly and remained that way as he blinked a few times, as she mentioned...
An Avatar spirit.
She had met an... an...
She was joking right? No way could she... but wait actually what was the point of such a seemingly random lie if that was the case? And what was that about her aunt?
"Uh... well... I mostly travel for the sake of it I suppose... haven't quite met anyone as important as the Avatar themselves, past or present." However, his jaw began to properly shape itself into a wild smile of excitement.

"Seriously, what was it like? Do they glow? I've heard spirits glow. Did they have any wisdom for us? Tales of heroism and daring?!" His mouth was running off a mile a minute, and whilst Shishio was eager to ask and willing to wait for his answers once done... he did eventually realise something.
"And why would they go off against your Aunt? She badmouth the current Avatar or something?" Oh if only he knew...

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura chuckled lightly. She had not meant to brag or anything by any means, and decided to make that clear.
"well, I still don't know why he visited me, or how I got to the spirit world." she replied after he asked a slew of questions. She almost felt guilty about it, for while she was confident, and sometimes playfully arrogant, she seldom, if ever, tried to say or do things to outdo her friends unless it was part of a contest or competition of some sort. There was an add streak of humility that ran in the Tallarico family that way.

"he had wisdom... told me a bit about how crazy my aunt was as if I didn't already know it. She's a dangerous creature, Aunty Zuzu--err, Aunt Zulera. 'Talked to me a bit about how she was dangerous both to the balance and peace of the world, to the Avatar cycle, and to generally most forms of order as a whole. so yeah... since she's the Avatar and everything and not exactly doing a good job at upholding balance, apparently she's dangerous. I dunno exactly what she gets up to."

Zakura spoke of Aunt Zulera the Avatar as casually as she would any other aunt or uncle she had. She didn't see it as something that needed to be bragged about, but she was certainly not ashamed of it either. But, she would let that part sink in and see how he reacted to it all. She simply smiled innocently at him.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Shishio Ebbna

How curious indeed. This girl had encountered the spirit rather unintentionally it seemed, given her lack of understanding as to how the event itself occured. At most he'd heard rumours on how the two worlds were closer during the solstices... but honestly, he'd never seen anything he'd attribute to spirits. Being fair though, some people went ALL their lives without witnessing such things - he had only been outside his town for five years so far.
However, when Zakura got to explaining just what had been said, Shishio found himself perplexed and confused. Balance? Peace to the world? The freaking Avatar Cycle? Who was this woman that she might be a threat to all tha-
"...since she's the Avatar..."
...Oh.

"Your Aunt is the WHAT?!" Shishio fell backwards in his chair, immediately letting out a painful groan as his back hit the floor. However, in spite of that, he was back on his feet faster than you could say 'Avatar Aang', a full mix of emotions in his eyes. Curiosity, uncertainty, hope, confusion...
"Whats it like being related to the Avatar?! Is she awesome?! She's gotta be awesome, right? And amazing! And... and... wait... I thought... the whole point of the Avatar is to keep balance. How can... How can she not be doing a good job?" Once it had sunken in however, his expression lowered, and it seemed like the boy didn't quite like what he was hearing.

Mood: UTTERLY SHOCKED
Condition: Might just faint

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 am

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura snorted her drink (luckily, just water) as Shishio fell out of his seat. it certainly wasn't anything personal, but people falling out of chairs was always funny. after some excruciating pain in her nose and some sputtering, she laughed properly, seeing if he was going to come back up. Luckily, he did.

"She's the Avatar." Zakura shrugged, "my father's sister, to be exact."
she chuckled, ready to answer this slew of questions the same way she had answered his other ones. "she is really cool." she replied, "she's tough, she's fast, she's strong, and really good with most of the elements."
she paused. "that was just what the spirit said." she shrugged, "sure she's a bit lazy, but she helped dispose of the tyrant Earth King to put Queen Meili on the throne, she was the one who executed Fire Lord Novai for his War Crimes... she did cause a bit of trouble in the Northern Water Tribe, but they're all happy now and their succession crisis seems to be over... but maybe that spirit knows more about her than I and the rest of the world do..."

she shrugged as she calmed down. "I guess it's a matter of seeing for yourself. some like her, some hate her, some are in between. I dunno who's right, nor do I care. it seems to be a matter of opinion to me."
she wanted to say more, but didn't know what to add, and so she hoped that the following silence would not be too terribly awkward.
Mood: Confused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 am

Shishio Ebbna

Shishio's expression of confusion remained throughout Zakura's words, though occasionally shifting in reflection of particular phrases. Mostly prideful nods, to each of the Avatar's apparent triumphs over despots... but as he sad himself back down, bringing his chair back up with him, the young man couldn't help but bite his lower lip.
"Well... you'd think peace and balance would be something objective... but I'm sure the Avatar was doing the right thing. She's the Avatar after all. I doubt its actually possible for them to be really evil... That would be very bad..." The Avatar was a power born into this world for the sake of keeping it from being torn apart - they wouldn't actively contribute to that... right?

"B-But lets move on. After all, its a little rude to be talking about another woman when there's a perfectly beautiful one right here." Shishio's uncertain expression shifted back into a light smile, reaching across to take Zakura's hand.
"You have some nice hands. Soft and gentle..." He was outlining them, tracing them with his fingers as he turned them over.
"But firm. Experienced with the ways of the world... I've seen hands that have never left the comfort of their home. Too soft and fragile." Five years of travelling gave him quite a pool of reference.
"What would you say is the most challenging thing you've had to do so far?" Shishio would finally let go as the main dish's scent began to waft towards them, the large dish being carried to them.

Mood: Calming Down

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 am

Zakura Zulera Tallarico

Zakura shrugged. "Even my father and other uncles have trouble understanding her." she remarked, "she seems to thrive on being unpredictable. What a strange thing to thrive on, no?"
She really didn't have any explanation for her aunt's behavior. She did not know her as closely as she would have liked, but then again, it was hard to know Zulera very well even after being around her extensively. It was just the way that woman was.
"I would hope that she wouldn't be," she agreed with him, "although, maybe that's part of why the Avatar is human... to, uh... show that even that kind of great power is capable of making mistakes?"
she shrugged. "sorry, I'm sounding stupid."

She heaved a mental sigh of relief when he changed the subject. she smiled lightly, chuckling. "heh... thanks?" She wasn't exactly an attention-seeker unless it was part of a thrill, and certain adjectives used in compliments caught her off guard like in this case. 'beautiful' was one of them.
Zakura's hands were soft and smooth, which was incidentally a trait she shared with Zulera. Definitely experienced, but still strangely soft. Perhaps it was that Waterbender touch.
"th-thanks." she grinned, hoping that her dark skin would hide the small blush that crept into her face.
"hmm... most challenging experience? well, other than escaping the spirit world, I'd probably say that getting here was one of them. you meet some dodgy folk on those Earth Kingdom back roads, if you know what I mean..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Shishio
Shishio

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Shishio Ebbna

Shishio smirked to himself, having not at all missed the subtle change in the colour of the girl's cheeks. Ah, the traveller's charm - never failed.
Well, mostly never failed.
Sometimes.
"Aye, I get ya. Omashu's one of the major settlements too, so crooks know that there's gonna be someone to possibly swindle or mug each day. I hope noone hurt you..." Doubtful, given her current state, and what some men might otherwise do...

"Though, hopefully you didn't try crossing the desert to get here. I can tell you from experience, it can be... exhausting." Sipping his drink as he used his force to pick off the first piece of soft and tender meat, Shishio then lowered the cup to plop the first piece in his mouth. His face almost immediately lit up.
"Dis ism goad." He tried to answer, before realising to actually swallow first.
"I-I mean... this is good. Sorry, hope you didn't think I was saying anything too dirty." ...Was he being over sensitive or did he just know some odd words?

Mood: Amused

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On My Way Through Omashu   On My Way Through Omashu Empty

Back to top Go down

On My Way Through Omashu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next