The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Omashu!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 am

Tyren gazed at the impressive city of Omashu. From the hill he was standing on, he could see one side of the round city. It sat on another hill, surrounded by a wide gorge. Bridges spanned the gap, and Tyren saw travelers and traders moving back and forth across the bridge closest to him. Miyoko's in there. He thought to himself, taking a deep breath. He was ready to face the people who had put him in prison for seven long years. If they are in there. the doubt crept into his mind, but Tyren forced it out. No, they had to be here. Miyoko had loved this city, spoken of coming here all the time. This had to be where they would hide out.

Throwing his bag over his shoulder, Tyren strode down the hill, onto the bridge, and up to the gate.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:42 pm

((YOu may not get a reply for a while, but once my profile gets accepted ill jump right in, dont worry))
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm

(Thanks a lot. I always enjoy a good rp.)
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Axel had been standing near the gate to Omashu, speaking to a few guards. He looked over and saw a man, fairly rough looking. He noticed a bag over the man's shoulder and a cautios expression on the stranger's face. He thought to himself, he looks rather mournful maybe I should talk to him. He approached Tyren, hood over his head, with a slight grin. He spoke with a calm voice "Greetings, Traveler. What brings you to this rather nice city?". He wished to befriend the man, for Axel had not a single aquaintance in Omashu that he knew of.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:16 am

Tyren saw a dodgy looking man speaking to some guards up ahead. He wore black robes with silver chains, and was at least two inches shorter than him. Tyren was determined not to speak to anyone, especially this stranger. He walked slowly, his head down, trying not to get noticed. Of course, with his luck, the stranger saw him, and found the need to talk to him. He walked over, a hood on his head, and spoke to him. Tyren could almost hear humor in his calm voice. Deciding that there was no avoiding it, Tyren lifted up his head, stood tall, chest out, and said "Are you trying to be sarcastic stranger? I guarantee I will find nothing nice here." The stranger might have had good intentions, but by now, everyone sounded hostile to Tyren. "Now spit out what you want or get out of my way." Tyren growled, trying to sound commanding and fierce. He probably succeeded. Years in prison taught Tyren at least how to act impressive. Meanwhile Tyren was sizing up the man, trying to spot any weapons the man had, etc.

(Btw, where do you get the anime avatars for your character? I'm a terrible drawer on the computer. Is there a generator, at least better than Bannedstory?)
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 pm

"Are you trying to be sarcastic stranger? I guarantee I will find nothing nice here." said the unkown man that Axel had approached. The man stood tall and impressive, as if trying to intimidate Axel. He thought to himself for a moment and than spoke "Haha, you should relax. I only wish to get to know you better. If there is one thing I know about Omashu, it's that we all need a partner in this city. It's hard to get around here without being stolen from, lied to, or pointed in the wrong direction. And don't get so conceded about yourself and you power. Anyway, my name is Meadow. What is yours?". Axel removed his hood, revealing long brown hair (to get rid of any confusion, this isn't his real hair.). He spoke again "Don't be so threatened by me, boy. I am only a weary salesman. However I can detect a lie like some sort of Future gadget. And I see you want to know about any arms I may hold. I do have this...". He pulled out a thin, brown stick from inside his robe. It was about two feet long.

((Its just a picture of a character from an old video game. As for the big picture, same thing. But I uploaded it to picnik.com and edited it.))
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Axel the Phoenix wrote:
"Are you trying to be sarcastic stranger? I guarantee I will find nothing nice here." said the unkown man that Axel had approached. The man stood tall and impressive, as if trying to intimidate Axel. He thought to himself for a moment and than spoke "Haha, you should relax. I only wish to get to know you better. If there is one thing I know about Omashu, it's that we all need a partner in this city. It's hard to get around here without being stolen from, lied to, or pointed in the wrong direction. And don't get so conceded about yourself and you power. Anyway, my name is Meadow. What is yours?". Axel removed his hood, revealing long brown hair (to get rid of any confusion, this isn't his real hair.). He spoke again "Don't be so threatened by me, boy. I am only a weary salesman. However I can detect a lie like some sort of Future gadget. And I see you want to know about any arms I may hold. I do have this...". He pulled out a thin, brown stick from inside his robe. It was about two feet long.

((Its just a picture of a character from an old video game. As for the big picture, same thing. But I uploaded it to picnik.com and edited it.))

"You call me boy?" Tyren snarled "I must be at least four years older than you, stranger. Do not underestimate my powers for pride. I think I will be fine on my own, thank you." Tyren moved forward, trying to shove by the stranger, not caring about rudeness.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Axel took a shove on the side. He purposely fell to the ground. Getting up, Axel said "You do seem nice, MAN. Maybe in due time you will have altered feelings about me.". Axel followed behind the man as they walked closer to the city.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

(Earth king! Congratulations! Want to just pretend that you were visiting Omashu, but my character doesn't know that your king?)

Tyren suddenly spun around before they got to the guards. "Actually, you can help me." he said coolly. As he spun, his copper identification necklace, identifying him as prisoner 21, swung out. Tyren quickly shoved it back under his shirt. He didn't know why he was still saving the necklace. Maybe so he could prove to Miyoko and the two men who had convicted him who he was. Maybe because he had worn it so long, it was natural. He wasn't exactly sure, but the last two times he had tried to throw it away, his will had failed. "I am looking for a girl, long, soft black hair, light green eyes, tall..." he reached into his bag and dug for his picture, and drew it out. "She's well spoken, and clever with her tongue. She may be traveling with two men, one thick and brawny, with almost no neck, the other tall and lean, with a scar over his eye. The thick one is a weak earthbender, the other may still carry a double-bladed sword. Have you seen any of these people?" He asked, barely keeping a note of greed from his voice. He didn't know why he was asking this stranger, Axel, but, the more he saw of the Earth Kingdom, the more real incredible size became. He needed any leads he could get.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

((Thank you. And yes, thats what I was planning to do with this))

"She's well spoken, and clever with her tongue. She may be traveling with two men, one thick and brawny, with almost no neck, the other tall and lean, with a scar over his eye. The thick one is a weak earthbender, the other may still carry a double-bladed sword. Have you seen any of these people?" said the stranger. As he was describing the people, Axel had listened carefully. He could imagine pictures of the people in his head as the stranger explained them. The faces of the people sounded familiar. He spoke as soon as he recognized the faces "Actually, I think I saw them last time I was in Omashu. Maybe, somewhere around a few months ago? If that's who your looking for, maybe you've changed your mind about sticking around with me."
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am

(Sorry, Axel, didn't realize I wouldn't be able to reply for a day.)

Tyren sighed and allowed a look of disappointment to cross his face for a moment. "I wish I was the Earth King..." he muttered under his breath. "Well," he said, looking back up at Axel "I guess I'll go ask around at the local taverns. Maybe they are still here, or maybe someone can tell me where they are. Goodbye then." he emphasized goodbye pointedly, spun around on his heel, and strode towards the city.

"Halt!" A guard held up his hand. "Why?" Tyren growled. "State your buisness." the young guard said impressively. "None of your buisness, fool." Tyren snarled. He was in a especially bad mood, the news from Axel that he may have to search the entire Earth Kingdom for his accusers. The guard raised a eyebrow. "It seems your feeling sour, stranger, but there's no need..." "YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!" roared Tyren, feeling his anger welling up to the surface. He was tired. He was discouraged. He was footsore, hungry, thirsty and frustrated. And these people were bugging him immensely. "Well..." began the guard, but Tyren lost his temper. He lashed out, digging his elbow hard into the guard's ribs. The young man crumpled, hitting the ground with a huff, all the air knocked out of him. Instantly the other two guards tackled Tyren, slamming him to the ground, and twisting his arms behind his back. Tyren struggled for a moment against the strong guards, then fell limp. "Your under arrest stranger." growled the older of the guards.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:25 am

((Why couldnt you reply for a day?))

As the stranger said goodbye to Axel. Axel lowered his head, in a sign of mourn. He had hoped to be able to travel along with the stranger. After all, traveling is something he doesn't get to do very often. At least, not without having a guard next to him constantly.

Axel stood and watched as the stranger headed for the grand gates of Omashu. Axel turned towards the canyon that separated Omashu with the surrounding land. He picked up a rock about the size of a golfball, and threw it into the gap. He heard someone yelling coming from the gate into Omashu. "YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!" a loud voice roared. Axel immediately recognized the voice as the stranger. Axel, feeling the Earth around him, knew what was happening. He swiftly spun around and moved both his arms out in front of him quickly. Two shiny and green crystals, each about the size of a average fist. Each crystal had hurtled at each of the guards who were holding the stranger down. As the stranger had fallen limp, the guards had been lifted off their feet, and pinned onto the gate of Omashu. Axel walked towards the guards on the gate. He looked up towards them. Axel then ripped the wig off of his head, revealing his autumn red and spiky hair. "By order of the Earth King, I command you to allow this passenger through." Axel said in an angry tone. After realizing that the guards couldn't do anything since they were pinned down, Axel released them, watching them fall about ten feet. Axel then opened the gate himself and waited for the stranger to catch up with him.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 pm

(I was out with my family all day)

Many things ran through Tyren's mind as he was held down. He was going back to prison. He would never be able to solve the mystery regarding Miyoko. He would never be able to exact vengeance on the men who imprisoned him for seven long years. Suddenly, Tyren felt footsteps nearby, heard a whistling sound, and suddenly, the guards were lifted off of the ground. Tyren sat up, rubbing his sore arms. He had developed a throbbing headache, both from hunger, tiredness, thirst and sun, and also from smacking his head hard on the ground as he was brought down. He watched as Axel ripped of a wig, and, in fascination, he declared himself the Earth King. At first, he thought Axel was a lunatic, but he was quickly confirmed by the reaction of the guards. Pulling himself up painfully, Tyren made a half-hearted attempt at a bow, only managing to worsen his sore back from traveling for days on end.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 pm

((Its all good. I was jw.))

Watching Tyren give a half-bow towards him, Axel returned the gift. Axel gave one more examination over the stranger, and then he spoke "I know exactly who you are. You are a prisoner, I knew this the moment your identification pendant flew out earlier. I am also lead to believe you are Tyren the Wanderer, as you personality and appearance matches the records. I apologize for lying to you about who i am earlier, but I needed to know who you were first. My name is Axel, King of the Earth Kingdom. Meet me at my headquarters in Omashu tomorow at dawn, and then we will speak. I could possibly locate your friends too.". As Axel started to get into an ostrich horse-drawn carriage, he pointed into the distance and sopke again before leaving "The headquarters is up there, between the biggest buildings in the city. See you at dawn!"

(I will make a new thread called "Omashu Headquarters")))
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

(Ok)

Tyren limped away towards the nearest tavern. He didn't care how much it cost(It would probably take all the money he had), as long as they had some food and a soft bed. It actually turned out to be a nice tavern, the Dragon's Diamond, with a kind owner. The compassionate man charged Tyren very little(he might have let Tyren stay for free, but Tyren insisted), had his daughter bandage Tyren up, then gave him a nice room on the second floor. Tyren finally got to scrub up, the first time in weeks, and lay down in the soft bed. So much had happened today. He had a lot of questions for the Earth King tomorrow. Tyren was too tired to think too much, and fell asleep almost instantly.
Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 pm

((I guess this Topic is now closed))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome to Omashu! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Omashu!   Welcome to Omashu! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Omashu!
Page 1 of 1