The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

It seemed that as compensation for their slow reflexes and their lack of fur, claws, fangs, or wings... humans had an innate sense of knowing when someone was watching them if they were not absorbed in something else. Zulera almost felt the eyes boring into her back, which caused her to curiously turn around. she looked behind her, and looked up. it was the general himself. what was he looking at? did she have something on her back?

well, she did, actually, but her clothing covered it. she had an intricate set of tribal tattoos that adorned her back, but that was obviously not what he was looking at unless he had X-ray vision.
still, that sort of curiosity had her, and so she went up to approach him out of said curiosity.
"so, uh..." she began, almost fumbling her words for a moment, "was there something on my back you were looking at, or was I just imagining things?"
even then, this human sense wasn't perfect, and she might have just imagined that he was looking at her. still... it was worth a shot to find out.
Mood: Content
Condition: Rested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

EXP : 8500
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Fire Nation General
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Mei had been day-dreaming, drifting away to what could be. Of course it was about the Avatar, and about Xiayu's possibility of feelings. Had he been harboring all of this excitement of meeting the Avatar only to find she had exceeded his expectations? Was he, at this very moment, contemplating his love? He heard a voice, slicing the air like a knife, her voice.

He hadn't noticed the Avatar move, but snapped back as soon as her voice pervaded his thoughts. He looked at her, a sudden loss for words causing a uncomfortable moment of hesitation. He swallowed, "No, nothing on your back...nothing wrong, at all...", he said quickly, looking back out at the horizon, "Just...um, thinking..." He knew that answer was going to be deflated quickly, he already heard the questions: Looking at what?, Thinking about what?. And it's not like Mei was practiced at hiding his feelings, he was an embodiment of the stereotypical passionate Firebender. He couldn't be sure without a mirror, but he may have been quite red in the face.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she paused, slowly approaching the general. had he been thinking about her? had he been watching her back; her muscular form that showed through some of her clothing?
it wasn't like this was the first time that she had experienced this before, and so it didn't catch her by surprise... but perhaps there had been an ulterior motive for bringing her along in the general's mind. was this the case?

she kept a few feet distance from him, but did get closer.
"General...?" she asked, somewhat shyly herself, "is... is there a different reason you brought me along?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Mei swallowed, and turned away from the water, leaning on the railing. "I...I don't know..." His voice was so dimished in power, and solidness that he almost stuttered. He took a long breath, and exhaled slowly, "I don't know...Avatar..." He looked up at her, "I intended...to bring you as...support...a helping hand..." He let out another tense breath, "And now I can't seem to...think straight..." You can't just say it. No one says that. Especially not you to her, now. You hardly know eachother, no. You can't. Can't. "Muddled...dilluted...", he finally found he right words, "Like being lost in an ocean, with no land or ships in sight..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"please..." She shrugged, trying to keep herself collected, "just call me Zul... or Zulera. I... err..."
she was terrible at handling compliments, and that was more or less the vibe she got form him, given that he had almost a lot of his composure in trying to speak to her. she wasn't sure what she was doing that had caused Mei Fong to do this.
"I'll leave," she replied, just referring to leaving his presence, since she wasn't exactly able to leave the ship, "sorry about making ya awkward like that..." she lowered her head.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Mei managed a smile as she spoke, just Zulera. As she spoke, a slight sadness came appeared on his face. As she turned to leave, he too turned, and caught her shoulder. His grasp was warm, and his grip was nearly inexistant. It was, in that moment, he decided that he did feel for her, despite how quick it felt. His voice was hardly more than a whisper, and his face was now completely red, "No, Zul...stay. Please." From deep inside, he heard his own voice, but felt like it came from another person, "I never want to see you leave me.", and that's about the time when he caught the railing, and nearly collapsed.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera paused when he touched her bare shoulder. for someone so athletic, her skin was smooth and rather warm.
she took a step backwards and turned back around. "I..."
she liked it when he called her Zul, and even moreso when he called her Zulera.

she was not prepared for what he said next, and instinctively, she reached out to catch him before he collapsed on the railing.
"are you alright?" she exclaimed. it wasn't often that she saw someone just crash like that.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Mei glanced up at Zulera, 'Why in the world did I have to be born without a natural understanding of romance?', he thought to himself. "Yeah....", he answered, his heart was pounding, "No, no I'm not...", he said, taking a few steps back. "I'm...just going to...um..." 'Going to WHAT?!', he thought, yelling at himself, 'Die? Hide?' He had nothing to say, and so he stepped quietly into his office, and leaned heavily on his desk. He looked at his hands, his vision was blurred.

He had never experienced anything like this, why now? Why was talking to her so hard on his body? What was this? A seizure? A panic attack? A heart attack? He didn't know. He wasn't sure he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

This only confused Zulera, who was worried that something had come over him. she followed him towards his office, but stopped outside the door. for a moment she listened for any strange noises, but then she softly knocked.

"general?" She exclaimed, "is everything... is everything alright?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Mei glanced up at the door, but words failed to come to him. The answer is no. You're fine. Not. Am. He lightly tapped his desk, to think he made it through the ranks of the Fire Nation and is brought down by the fact that he couldn't talk to a woman, not a woman, the woman, the Avatar, an embodiment of all he stood for, a symbol. And she was absolutely stunning, so opposite to what he had imagined that he was only drawn further toward her. Maybe rebellion was what he liked? He still hadn't replied, and moved around, and sat silently, placing his thumbs on his temples, and his face into his hands, sighing a deep sigh.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

When Zulera wanted something, she was stubborn and persistent until she got it, or until the difficulty outweighed the reward. in this case, she wanted an answer, partially out of concern. if she had just thrown the general into some sort of seizure... well, there were other soldiers and lives that would be at stake. Zulera may not have known any of these people, but she was no leader and had no interest in being one. she'd jump ship if that happened( though probably not literally).

"General?" she knocked on the door again, hoping for an answer.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Mei glanced at the door again, what a sweet girl, so persistant in making sure he was ok. He smiled, opened his mouth, but again, no words came out, the tightness in his chest, lungs more than his heart became greater. He knew she'd come in, maybe that's what he wanted, like how he had dragged her along initially for more, though he didn't know it then. Damn. He needed to relax, breath, and relax. He opened a drawer, digging around, he produced a battered notebook, something he had used only a few times in his life. He always told himself if he hadn't made general he would have been a crime-scene artist. he had a knack for faces. Inside, he had a sketch of Kai, for memory's sake and to remember what his former friend had once looked like, Shula, a recent edition, it had been inspired by his sadness for her position. She had far too much pressure on her for her age. And now, he began sketching Zulera, taking coal pens, and using his thumb and index finger to smear shadow across her face, creating a rather intricate facial image of the Avatar in mere seconds, though messy. <-(I wish I could do this...meh.)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

[funny... I think I had it written somewhere that Zulera was actually an insanely good artist as well (unlike me).]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera wanted her answer, and was slightly disappointed that she hadn't gotten it yet. she knocked on the door again, not hearing any noise outside.
had he died in there?" she decided she didn't want to ignore the nagging feeling, and so she turned the knob and slowly peeked her head in. "General Mei?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Mei glanced up at Zulera, and with that final glance, and one last detail, finished what he was doing. He felt significantly better, "Sorry.", he started, "I guess you could say a Cat-Owl had my tongue." He paused, "You...are the exact opposite of what I imagined, and...I feel...that the simplicity of being absolutely wrong about you...has...only expanded the influencial aura you present...I am astounded by you..." He paused, "And it scares the living crap out of me...because I have never...felt like this before...not even when I was promoted to the rank of general..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera was caught a bit off guard by his remarks, and was left speechless for a moment. "I..."

she paused, leaning over so that she could try and look into his face.
"Was this part of the reason you brought me along?" she asked. her tone sounded more curious than anything, and she looked a bit confused.

Mood: Confused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Mei sighed, "I've realized it was one factor. Not that I ever intended to make this ship your prison...but on some level I knew I wanted you here to tell you how I felt." He looked down at the sketch, it didn't do Zul justice, she was much more beautiful in person. "I don't know what I feel...everything becomes clear, but foggy at the same time, I feel exposed, and...genuinely caring." He leaned back, "You...are just...too perfect for your own good, Zulera.", he said it like it was a bad thing and a good thing at the same time.

Last edited by Mei Fong on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "me? perfect? in what way?"
it certainly wasn't her deeds. she had been behind a large number of conspiracies in the Earth Kingdom and the Northern Water Tribe, but had gotten off the hook through extensive bribery of corrupt officials and a few other factors. that was just the tip of an iceberg to her.

"I..."
she blushed. she still sucked at handling compliments, and she decided to be honest about it.
"I really suck at handling compliments... but th-thanks." She nodded, hoping her face wasn't as red as it felt, and that her expression was as sincere as she hoped it was.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Mei smiled, running his finger on the coal pen thoughtfully. He was looking at you now, "You are perfect in every way. I know that...you've had a history...not all of it good." He had absolutely no intentions of holding anything against her, that much was clear. "I find your carelessness, and stature to be perfect...the way you don't care what I thought... In my eyes, you are perfect..."

He rose slowly, and approached you, stopping with a good few feet between them. "I know this...is a lot to take in. I hope you don't think any less of me for my actions or my words. I will understand completely if you wish to leave as soon as we reach the next port. I just want you to know that nothing I have said is a lie. Not one word." He sighed, "So, that's it... If you still want to be here...I would like to ask if you'd want to dine with me later, anything is fine...your decision isn't urgent, just answer when you feel you've made your decision..." He was definately not practiced on asking or saying anything even remotely similar to this, and it showed.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I... err..." she tapped her boots against the floor, reminding herself just how bad she was at handling comments. insults were fine, as they usually just made her laugh, but was she supposed to scare off complimentors by acting arrogant and agreeing, or was she supposed to take a shyer and more awkward approach?

"I..."
was she supposed to decide this early on?
she hoped that she could establish a relationship where they could say so much while saying so little. that would take a bit of energy though. either way... maybe mulling over it during dinner or the likes wouldn't hurt.

"I can stick around." she replied, "at the very least join my host for dinner. I'll take the offer." she smiled weakly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 am

Mei manged an awkward smile at her reply. "Well...that's great...do you have a preference? Anything...something you might be craving?"

At least she said yes. You've put her on the spot. It can't be helped. You could allow her moment to breath. I have done nothing harmful. You've thrown the biggest rock possible into her path for the day. ...It can't be helped. You are selfish. I want her to have fun too, that's not selfish.

His inner voice was silent after that, he was pleased.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"we used to eat a lot of meat in the 'Tribes." she replied, "though after a thousand lifetimes of eating food from ages past and present... I can honestly admit that I have never turned something down or away."

It was more or less the case. a thousand lifetimes of eating had made her anything but picky.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Mei smiled, "Alright." He paused, "I really did think you'd be pickier too.", he said. He turned, "So, around...what time shall I be expecting you?" (Short, sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she chuckled. "I'm a woman of a laid-back, disorganized lifestyle. don't worry about my tastes. as for the time... whenever convenient for you. I've got nothing going on at the very least till we land."
Link:

[
Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Mei smiled, "Well, even a woman of a laid-back and disorganized lifestyle can have refined taste.", he said. "I'll say we give it another hour or so, if you wanted something to do...I suppose we could find something, can't have you getting bored and causing mischief can we?", he asked playfully. So unlike Mei Fong that he actually asked an inward question, 'Who are you?'
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "I never denied that." she replied, "there's always a lot more to a person than meets the eye..."

she paused when he mentioned her getting into trouble.
"Well..." she shrugged, "I suppose the worst I could do without causing utter mayhem would be to backflip off the side of the ship and have to have someone call that there's a woman overboard... otherwise, I think we're safe. what sort of thing did you have in mind?"

Mood: Lax
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next