The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera noticed him do this, and decided that it was a pretty good idea. still in all her clothes--shirt, skirt, pants, boots, and all, she climbed up on the railing of the ship, spreading her arms like wings, and then letting herself tip off the edge, swan-diving off into the water. a little bending trick helped her slip beneath the waves without so much as a splash.
she did not surface for at least a couple minutes. when she did, she took a good-sized breath, her wet hair running into her face. it was exhilarating, and Zulera loved the water.
Mood: Fine
Condition: Okay
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

EXP : 8500
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Fire Nation General
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Mei peeked out of the water, looking up at the ship. How easy would it be? Just swim away, never come back. He chuckled at himself, taking note of the Avatar who seemed to have mimicked him. This too made him chuckle. He laid back, submersing his ears, and closing his eyes. He would have slept like this, but he knew the crew would be turning the ship around any minute, and decided a few more moments silence would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera let herself float amidst the waves, not really caring if the ship left without her. she was immersed in her native element, and the coolness felt good as it caressed her clothes, as well as her bare arms.

she decided to go under, forming an air pocket around her mouth. she wasn't sure what she would find or how long she would be down there, but it sounded like a good idea at the time, and she'd go with it.

she didn't come back up for about 5 or 10 minutes. she popped above the water once more, enjoying the freedom she felt, both in general, and in the water.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Mei laid back for a while, sighing as men appeared on deck, calling for him, though he couldn't hear them. He rolled over onto his stomach, and swam to the side of the ship where a ladder was waiting. He looked back out at the ocean, the vast expanse of blue, 'How hard would it be to leave...?', he thought to himself. 'To swim away to an island somewhere and live his life out in peace...' He closed his eyes, 'Why did I have to choose this...over family?', he thought questioningly, looking up at Tloka who looked down at him. 'Why did I choose being a warrior?'
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

She noticed Mei step out of the water and climb back up the ship. she floated among the waves a little longer, musing about various things, including how comfortable she was.

she let herself drift a bit longer, musing about the things in her life that she had let drift from her. she wondered if things would have been different, and how different they might have been...

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Mei glanced back at Zulera, and shook his head. 'What am I looking for?' "Make sure she gets back on board, I don't want to be responsible for losing the Avatar at sea.", he said, walking back to his room, retrieving his jacket along the way. He opened the door slowly, stepping inside, he closed it behind him, and took off his soaked clothes. He put on another pair of pants, but froze mid-search for his shirt as the dagger he usually kept on his belt appeared from under some clothes. He lifted the blade, staring at it for a time. "This is what you've traded family and love for Mei..." He unsheathed the blade, still as flawless as the day he'd gotten it. "Was it worth it...?", he asked himself harshly, "Worth having nothing but your next hunt, your next enemy...?" He closed his eyes, oblivious to everything around him, the door remained closed, though unlocked. "Worth having nothing but the damn title...and power..."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Eventually, Zulera decided that warming up might be a good idea, and so she climbed back aboard the ship, bending the water out of her clothes and boots to dry herself off. she left some of it in her hair though, as she liked her hair damp or wet.

she decided to go find Mei, and so approached his cabin, knocking. "y'in there, Mei?" she asked curiously.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Mei glanced up from the blade, "Yeah, of course..." The last bit of his sentence dropped to a hateful whisper aimed at himself, "It's not I have anywhere else to go." He didn't bother putting a shirt on, he turned, throwing the dagger onto his desk, and kicking the wet clothes away.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"can I come in?" she asked, after a yes, she slowly pulled the door open, closing it behind her. she saw Mei, and said nothing for a moment.

"you alright?" she asked, "you seem to have something really big on your mind. don't think I haven't noticed..."
she was more curious than ever, especially about everything that had happened since they had first met back at the Fire Nation Capital.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Mei shrugged, "I haven't..." He sighed, "Since you got here, I've been asking myself more questions than I usually do..." He laughed slightly, "I realized that...I have nowhere to go if I decided to leave this...being a soldier...I have nothing outside this ship."

He didn't sound sorry for himself, he wasn't putting on a 'poor me' show, he was pouring out the pent up frustration he didn't even know existed. "My mother and father died when I was young, and I got dumped on my aunt's lap...she was...a gambler and a drinker...hated me...but...in some sick way...I found a loophole in that...she hated me...but at least someone knew I existed...and even though she hated me, I defended her even when she was wrong...when she died, there was nothing left for me...I trained, became a soldier...a pretty lousy one, but I made it to general...but I have nothing to show for it, friends, no, family, I don't have one." He picked up the knife, and threw it on the bed, followed by his jacket, his sword, and then he motioned to the ship around him, "This is what I have to show, I can't go somewhere, and say, this is my home, or say that's my family..." He shook his head, smashed his fist into his desk, and cursed silently. "It's funny, really. Because...I kept wondering how easy it would be for me to just leave it...leave this."

Last edited by Mei Fong on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera listened to the whole thing, silently and attentively. "we've all got our stories..." she replied, "our skeletons in the closet. there are things we want people to see, things that we don't want people to see, and various impressions that we try to give off. myself... I am a guilty woman of many crimes."

she paused. "you've told me before that it was not so much one's past, but what they do with themselves in the present... right?"

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Mei fell back into his chair as Zul spoke, she started be repeating bits of her history she had mentioned. Then tossed his own quote back at him. He closed his eyes, "I'm 33 years old, I think it may be a bit late to start hunting for a bride...", he said quietly. "And the skills I have wouldn't do much good outside this area of work." He chuckled lightly, "I'm afraid...that if I let this all go, that when I don't make it, I'll have nothing to fall back on, no safety net. It'll be a nonstop plunge into the abyss."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she chuckled lightly. "heh. I'm almost 30 and I'm still single... and I'm the Avatar, no less. really... I have no honest employment; no honest way of living. I do tend to kinda just get whatever I want by virtue of my strength or because I'm some kind of celebrity for being the Avatar. there's very little that I can actually say I own. I suppose that most of my life is just a plunge into the abyss. don't worry... it can be done if that's what you want."

she paused. "just make sure that you are doing what you want to do, and not what someone else wants you to do."
as reckless as Zulera was, this was her best advice, and words that she lived by. she'd never back down from them.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Mei chuckled lightly, looking up at you, "Well thank you...but I don't think I quite compare to you.", he said. "You own a lot more than you realize. The hope you bring to people is immeasurable. Riches and wealth are more than just gold and diamonds, sometimes the most precious thing one can grant is hope."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she chuckled. "some might call me a false hope..." she remarked, "but I'll stop I don't want this to become a pity party or anything... what else is on your mind?"

she hoped to change the subject to help the two of them iron out some stress.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Mei smiled lightly, "Well, let's see...you're looking as lovely as ever.", he said first, then, "A headache, but I'll get over it. How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I'm feeling fairly well. nice and rested, just a few things on my mind is all. I've asked this a million times already... but wouldja mind giving me another massage?"

it always seemed to clear Zulera's mind and relax her body, so there was a twofold goal with this request.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Mei chuckled lightly, "What's on your mind?", he asked, rising, and retrieving an undershirt from his drawer, and putting it on. "And yes, I don't mind giving you another massage.", he said.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Just... various things." she shrugged, "some good, others not so savory."
there were elements of her life that she missed and didn't miss, particularly her past, which was full of pot-stirring events, to put it lightly and/or to say the least. Chaos was in Zulera's blood. manipulating events behind the scenes had been something her mother had specialized in. she was no different, and while she sometimes wanted to convince herself that she believed otherwise, she knew full well that it was in her nature too, and that she liked it.

"where are we going again?"
she sat on the bed, dangling her feet over. "and should I take my top off?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Mei studied Zul quietly, collecting his thoughts and retrieving a button up, and putting that on over his undershirt. He hardly noticed how relaxed he felt at the moment, and fell back onto his bed rather comfortabley.

"We are going toward the last place Kai was spotted...hopefully not to another dead end." He forced himself not to laugh, "It's up to you.", he said.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled, and removed her top once again. "well... what happens if he's not there? I haven't seen or heard from the man in a long time anyways."

and at the same time... perhaps if he was still at large, they would hear more about his criminal activity. whatever the case, that would have to wait until they landed, and Zulera was still recovering from the pervious fiasco with the waterbenders.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Mei was silent for a bit, thinking quietly to himself. "If he's not there then we go back to the Fire Nation...make a stop for supplies if necessary." He shrugged, "It's not like we control what happens, if Kai isn't there, we'll just have to go back where we started...well, I will, you're free to leave whenever you want."
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 am

[OOC--I am a bit curious as to how this will go, given that Kai no longer comes here]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera sat there, her (now) bare back to him, dangling her heavy legs and feet off the edge of the bed. she seemed to be deep in thought. she didn't even really see where she had tossed her shirt or bra.

"so... what do we do until then?" she asked. her tone did not seem to have any hidden implications in it, but rather, she seemed genuinely curious. it had been a long journey thus far.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mei Fong
Awesome Member
Mei Fong

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Mei shrugged, he half hoped he could skip past the next few days. His thoughts were a jumble of 'what if's and he hardly wanted to be trapped on a Battleship anymore. The ocean, he often wondered what the Fire Nation had been thinking, trying to slay the moon spirit and calm the oceans. Foolishness.

Mei stood still for a long time, just staring at the door. He often questioned the order of things. How, so often, young soldiers were sent to die for someone else's madness, or desires. Why was it that politicians, the few, decided the fate of many. He glanced at Zulera, and what right did all these people have to force all their worries, pain, grief, admiration, and unlimited troubles...onto this one person?

He half-scoffed, half-chuckled. What makes us so special?
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

She paused for a moment, gaining an interesting thought herself. What had made her so special--not just why she had been chosen to come with Mei on this trip, but even the whole concept of the Avatar itself. What had made her so special that she was born as a reincarnated Avatar Spirit? Zulera may not have been the deepest of thinkers, but she did like to plan things through a bit or at least try to understand them--unless it was something crazy or stupid. Then she was just in it for the ride.

"what's on your mind then?" she asked, having not received a proper answer to her question.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar Zulera   Avatar Zulera - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next