The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelekar
Nelekar

EXP : 2130

The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] Empty
PostSubject: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Nelekar

The Avatar was coming.

After the Chief’s meeting with her mother, the lady Zurok, he had almost immediately sent his summons to her. Only a few days had passed, and she had arrived on the docks, ready for their meeting. She was making her way to the Palace now, and Nelekar couldn’t help but sweat, even in the intense cold of the throne room.

The meeting with Zurok had been hard, but this meeting would be harder still; the Avatar was known to be headstrong as well as viciously powerful, as one would expect from the Avatar. She hadn’t agreed with Water Tribe Chiefs before, and somehow Nelekar had to try and convince her that they were on the same side.

The only problem was that they [i]weren’t[/s] on the same side. For quite some time now, Nelekar had been working with an Air Nomad called Elegys to overthrow the Avatar in order to restore a true balance over the world, and the Chief knew that eventually they would come to blows with the Avatar. He certainly wasn’t looking forward to that day.

A messenger ran into the room to announce the Avatar’s arrival, and Nelekar stood to receive her. The large double doors, made entirely of ice, opened at the far end of the throne room. ”Avatar Zulera. It is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance. May I offer you a seat?”

The man twitched his hand slightly and an ice chair rose out of nowhere in front of the throne for Zulera to sit upon. ”It is a lot more comfortable than it looks,” he said, before attempting to smile. Nelekar wasn’t usually one for smiling at anybody, and it was reflected in his poor effort – fear ruled him now though, and he knew that his life was balanced on a precipice, ready to be knocked off by the merest of disturbances.

”May I offer you a refreshment? A drink, perhaps?”

The Chief knew that he could certainly do with a drink. He clicked his fingers and a waiter came in through a small side door, an ice tray balanced upon his hand. It held a pair of ice glasses and a decanter of liquid – darker than the one he had drunk with Zurok, a far stronger drink than the previous. He nodded to the waiter before waving his arm and causing the tray to float over towards them. A small ice table rose from the ground at the arm of the throne, and Nelekar placed the tray upon it using his bending.

He poured himself a glass by hand in an effort to extend the time before he had to speak with the Avatar. When he was finished, he brought the glass to his lips and took a long draught from it.

”There is a lot we need to discuss, Avatar; where would you like to begin?”

Mood: Ready
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera Joanna Tallarico only had one real fear in life, and it wasn't the fear of death. On the other hand, it was also not breaking the Avatar Cycle. If Zulera died, she would simply be reincarnated. If the Avatar Cycle was broken... then so be it. Zulera did not mind a world of chaos, and her only lament would be not being able to live in it or watch how the world managed.

She did know, after all, that her life was in danger. She knew all about Elegys and the deceitful spirit that had conned him into following after it. She knew that it would only lead to his ruin, but it was not her responsibility to coddle everyone she came across. If people were brought down or killed because of their own foolishness, then she would simply chalk it up as a loss for them. Zulera was not a nanny--unless it was her own children, then people were out for themselves.

Zulera entered the icy chamber, moderately amused by the architecture. Why someone would want to be surrounded by ice on all sides was curious, especially if a dangerously powerful waterbender came into play. But, whatever the case, she could waterbend all the same, and so instead, her electric blue eyes simply surveyed the area.

With a chuckle, now that she had seen this man face to face, she seated herself with a calm smile. "but of course. I grew up in this ice. Some say that I was carved from it, even. Whatever the case, I thank you for your hospitality. And aye... a drink would be lovely."

Zulera was a fairly resilient drinker, and so this was nothing new to her. getting her drunk was possible, but difficult. She took her glass, taking a good long shot of the liquid inside of it.
"I am simply curious as to how the new chief of my homeland would react to such a... 'fun-loving'... individual such as myself, for starters..." she admitted. she was a troublemaker, and it was common knowledge to those who remembered her. She might also mention that airbending fellow who had been misguided by a spirit, but for now, first things first.
Mood: Calm
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:05 am

Nelekar

Nelekar ran a hand through his beard as the Avatar spoke, seemingly grasping for words. In reality, a lot of words were coming to him – but none were suitable for such a friendly meeting.

”I understand that the Avatar’s loyalty lies not to one person, but to all; I have no more power over you than the Fire Lord or Earth Queen, and I understand that. What I ask, though, is that while you are in my Tribe you respect my laws. Respect is a two-way street, Avatar Zulera, and I am prepared to meet you halfway along it. I hope our respect can be mutual; I know that you have the potential to be a tough thorn in my side, but I wish for us to be allies, if not friends.”

He took another sip of his drink to stall for time again, but he kept glancing at the Avatar over the rim of his glass. ”But now, onto business; I wish to ask your advice on a subject. As you were no doubt aware, neither Water Tribe has had a leader in quite a while now, with your mother overseeing both of them. I wish to unify the two tribes under my leadership, and plan to appoint a council in each tribe to oversee the people. As such, I would ask that the Spirit Portals remain open, so that I may have easy access across the tribes. Would you be adverse to these changes?”

He fingers ran slowly along the side of his glass, which was slowly getting colder in his grip. This was an important point for him, and he was well prepared to fight his corner if the Avatar had any objections to it.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:08 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded with an innocent smile. "Aye. my loyalties lie with the keeping and preservation of balance... and that in turn allows me to mediate not only between fire, water, air, and earth, but also the boundaries between order and chaos." Zulera certainly did not believe--and thus would not support--a world of order. She was more likely to support her world of anarchy, but knew that there had to be some realism in her life. Besides, the Zulera City model wouldn't work under anarchy. maybe minarchy, but the politics of her metropolis could be figured out after it became more than the tiny village that it currently was.

"I certainly am not holding grudges," she reassured the slightly older chief, "I respect those who earn it and ally myself with those whose ambitions are good. Perhaps I am biased, but I suppose that is to be chalked up to human error. Anyone who thinks the avatar is perfect is either drunk or has a nice sense of humor." she chuckled.

She raised an eyebrow at his idea of unifying the tribes.
"MY general rule of thumb is if it isn't broken, that there is no need to fix it. I do not understand all of my mother's motives for stepping down here, but given that she has relocated her authority to the Northern Water Tribe since her abdication here, she would be the one to ask if you wished to take over. As for leaving the spirit portals open... I will leave them open for a time. Mother and I both put them to considerable use, after all."
On the other hand, Zulera was open for argument, but she too, would defend her place.

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 am

Nelekar

”The world is changing, Avatar; the attack on the Fire Nation Capital is evidence of that. What may have worked in times of peace will not work in war, and we must be willing to adapt and fight off any assailants to the peace of our tribes.”

”Your Mother has agreed to serve as an advisor to me upon my council, and as such she will have a say in the running of the Tribes, but what we need now is a leader to make our enemies cower. Your Mother is a powerful bender, but with the military behind me I can prove as a deterrent to our foes.”

Nelekar poured himself more alcohol, taking the time to sort his words. ”I hope that you too can help in the guidance of the tribes; you are wise beyond your years, and you know a lot of the outside world. As such, I would be willing to hold an honorary position for you upon the council, if you wished to serve upon it?”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chuckled. "I am well-aware that the world is changing. I am part of the reason for that change." It was not greatly well-known, but there were stories that the avatar was devising what could only be described as a technological and industrial revolution.
"I am giving birth to a new era in these very tundras, and in the depths of the Great Divide. A misguided Air Nomad and a corrupt spirit are trying to oppose the very change I wish to bring into this world, and so perhaps my very presence is inviting that selfsame danger."

"A leader to make enemies cower... that almost sounds like me!" she chuckled, knowing that she was very much a frightening enemy. "I will be happy to support the notion if my mother approves of you taking control of the North as well. After all... cliché as the statement may be... my mother truly does know best."
Zulera meant that on a very literal level as well. There was no one in the world that Zulera trusted more than Zurok, and so her judgment, to Zulera, was the one she would always trust over anyone else's.

She took another nonchalant shot herself, before focusing again on the chief in front of her. "I am always happy to help though, in the betterment of the world I am tasked with protecting. what would you have me do?"

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Nelekar

The Chief swilled his drink around as Zulera mentioned Elegys. His face gave nothing away, however, and he took another swig of his drink.

”All I ask is that, when the time comes, you will help the Tribe; I have no doubt that you would, but it would allow both myself and my citizens to sleep easier knowing that you will be able to defend us. In these uncertain times, stability can help us immensely; hope is a powerful force, Avatar Zulera.”

Nelekar set his glass upon the table and put his hands together. ”The Tribes will prosper under my command, have no doubt; I will make them stronger than they have ever been, and with the help of my advisors I can lead us to a Golden Age. I want you to be a part of it, Zulera.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

With a nod, Zulera poured herself another drink. "and that is why I warn you of the misguided nomad Elegys." she pointed out, "apart form the Xuri, which are focusing their strength in the Fire Nation at the time, he and his spirit accomplice are probably the largest threat we hold at the moment. If nothing else, they will come for me, and if I am here..."
And of course, she was not about to take any kind of order to leave. She would simply make a confrontation then and there with whatever enemy dared invade her home.

"I stand by my mother's decision, although she is quite the reasonable woman. did you discuss this with her as well, or only about rescinding control of the south?" That was all Zurok recalled hearing about, and thus all she had told her daughter.
"Although on that note, tell me... what do you dream of? What are your ambitions... not just for the Water Tribes, but for Chieftain Nelekar..."
Leaning forward, playing her chin in her fingers, she added, "what do you wish to gain from the world and from your life?"
She might not have seemed or looked it, but Zulera was a very spiritual creature, and this spirituality increase had been the secret to how she had become a master of the Avatar State. if he shared his dreams and ambitions with her, she would happily do the same in return of course...

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Nelekar

”You mean to force a confrontation here?” Nelekar asked, his face a mask of confusion. ”I don’t mean to advise you, but surely it would be better to engage this person somewhere away from civilization? A fight here would lead to many casualties, while offering little in means of tactical advantage. Surely it would be better to wait for them in a more fortified location away from civilians, both to make your fight easier and prevent unnecessary deaths?”

Whilst Nelekar didn’t particularly want Zulera to win the inevitable fight with Elegys, his advice was sound – the Southern Water Tribe was, from a defensible point of view, weak to attacks from all sides. Its walls were low and the houses weren’t designed to withhold under a siege. He shook his head slightly, already knowing that the Avatar would simply discard his comments.

”I plan to speak to my advisors about the situation regarding the Northern Tribe at our first meeting; that is why Zurok has not yet heard of it. She will learn of it at the same time as the rest of my council, and then all will be free to speak in opposition or support of my idea.”

When it came to his dreams and ambitions, Nelekar found himself cracking a rare smile. For once in the conversation, he felt that he could tell the truth. ”I’ve been at war for a long time, Avatar. I am tired, and not getting any younger. I mean to make a home for myself, where I can live in peace for the rest of my days. I will make the Tribe strong again, so that we do not have to fight any wars. So that we do not have to lose our soldiers and civilians again – so that we can have peace.”

The Chief sat back in his chair and sighed softly. ”Alas, the dream cannot yet become a reality. There is a war to fight, both with the Xuri and this nomad you have mentioned. Perhaps then we can rest, but until that point I will fight with all of my strength.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera shook her head. "More likely, I would force a confrontation in the Northern Water Tribe, which is the most powerful bastion of defense in the world." Even if it was more than a generation past their times, few people forgot the days of Avatar Aang, where the Water Tribes were the only nation int ehw rodl not controlled by the tyrannical firelord. the walls of Ba Sing Se had even come down, otherwise Zulera might have mentioned it there. They certainly wouldn't be coming down under Queen Meili's watch, but Zulera was also fairly certain that the walls of the North wouldn't come down while under the watchful eye of her mother.

"It would have to be somewhere fortified and with people assisting me... for if they wish to stop the avatar, I feel that Elegys would not stop there, and would continue to go on a world rampage the same way Firelord Ozai and Firelord Novai proceeded to do. The spirit that has misled him is hungry for power... power he does not want humanity to have, which is why he wishes to stop the technological progress I have made over the years."

Zulera nodded understandingly at Nelekar's wishes. "then continue your support for me." she requested, "for we are on the same side. we've all made our mistakes, and the avatar is no exception. I don't see a need to talk myself up as some amazing hero or saint. my accomplishments speak for myself, for better or for worse..."
Zulera may not have done much with these skills given that she preferred people find their own paths, but she was a very good leader and mentor. She was not a very good follower unless she knew and trusted the individual in question. Not to say she was a rebel... she just sometimes needed more incentive...

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:22 am

Nelekar

The Chieftain nodded at the Avatar’s strategic idea. The Northern Tribe was truly a powerful place, with huge ice walls and a fighting force that could hold back the strongest of sieges. When Zulera spoke of Elegys, Nelekar simply listened. Whilst he believed in what his old friend was doing, the way that Zulera described it made him almost reconsider his allegiance – almost.

”I will support you,” he said, before taking a short sip from his drink. ”But only if I believe your actions will benefit my people. But, as long as we continue in our current paths, I believe we can maintain our alliance indefinitely. We strive for the same thing, and together we might be able to accomplish our goals.”

He stood up from his throne and took a step forwards. Standing directly in front of the Avatar, he extended his hand. ”I’m glad we’re on the same side, Avatar Zulera.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Then you have my support as well." she promised, "provided we both continue in paths that are just, and in allegiances that do not sow discord among people. If any of those seeking to end me or the balance that the world is currently in at the moment... I would suspect you to oppose them just as I would."

she stood up as well, and shook Nelekar's hand. "I am glad we are on the same side as well, chief. I hope to be able to continue doing business with you for a very long time..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]   The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avatar and the Chieftain [Zulera]
Page 1 of 1