The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Day Another Dollar

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Telnaez
Telnaez

EXP : 525

Character Description
Position: Works in a quaint Tea Shop
Nation: Fire Nation

Another Day Another Dollar Empty
PostSubject: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez walked into her flat from a long day at work and fell straight on to her bed. It was still earlier in the day since she had a morning shift at the tea shop. She hated mornings being the big night person she was. Telnaez quickly fell asleep. She awoke a few short hours later staring blankly at her ceiling.

"I really need to get some friends or some sort of pet...maybe a hobby." Telnaez whispered out loud to herself as she sat up. She got up with a stretch then decided she go for a walk through the city since she needed a few groceries anyway, but first some lightning exercises she thought with grin on her face as she tied her waist sash.

It was still mid-afternoon as she walked, basking in the warmth of the sun. Walking through the crowd of people she headed toward a shop area of Fire Fountain City. It was a stop she made sometimes before going a little outside the city into a field to train. The shoppes had a wide variety of things. It had oddities to foods; writing supplies to clothing and so much more. Also you always saw a variety of people. Telnaez wasn't really fond of crowds so she just did was she always did, zoned out the noise and people while just glancing of various shop items.

Mood: Tired
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Telnaez on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

EXP : 1100

Character Description
Position: Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

There was a noticeable gap in the shopping crowd near one of the vendors, a particularly irritated-looking woman occupying the otherwise empty circle. The passersby distinctly parted around this certain person, mainly because they didn't fancy the prospect of having to explain themselves if they were to interrupt the local firebending instructor's thoughts or worse still, bump into her.

Tapping clothed arms in tandem and shifting her weight on one leg, Mozello appeared to be waiting for a shopkeeper to return to their stall, which was currently left unattended. They must have gone for a lunch break or something to that degree, but it was nonetheless inconveniencing her thoroughly. The items she wished to purchase were in plain sight, but until they returned to their post, there was nothing that could be done. Her brow furrowed at the bottle of fresh ink laying on the table, which was silently enjoying the growing displeasure of the situation.

Mood: Irritated

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez stared for a moment at the stern looking woman before her with a raised eyebrow. Everyone seemed to avoid trying to come in any contact near her while she stared annoyed into an empty stall. Telnaez slightly recognized this woman. She was a firebending instructor. Feeling a little embarrassed Telnaez kept her gaze down and slowly approached.

"The shop keeper keeps a little bag behind the trunk in the stall when they're not around. I just take what I need and drop money in there. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to but no one's ever said anything when I've done it." Telnaez let out in a hushed tone hoping the instructor would hear her while not attracting any other attention. Telnaez felt somewhat obligated to help out firebending superiors without really knowing why. Maybe any teachers softly reminded her of when her grandmother taught her, wracking up slight nostalgia. With that she grabbed a few parchment scrolls then disappeared into the tent and shortly reappearing keeping her gaze to the ground.

"I always leave a little extra, maybe that's why no one says anything."

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Mozello's ears pricked up, barely sensing that among the throng of idle banter in the shopping district words were being directed to her. Straighten up as she turned around, her light blue eyes flicking back and forth quickly to settle on Telnaez. The first thing to grab the instructor's attention was the wispy appearance of the younger woman before her, it was as if a gentle breeze could send her spiraling out of balance. This was enhanced only further by the way in which she passively moved into the area of influence the instructor had unwittingly created.

'She's fast.'

The darkly-dressed Telnaez avoided her azure gaze clinically and was already in the tent by the time she even had the right to speak in turn. The woman seemed definitely experienced in warding off others, there was an alarming feeling that this pale-looking person was attempting to manipulate their crossing, so that she'd appear insignificant or of no consequence and fade from thought as quickly as the memory formed. Under-performing or bullied firebending students had attempted to avoid the intimidating woman in the years past by the same means, so the hardened teacher caught on to these signs better than most parents.

Telnaez had been of help to Mozello, the concept of merely leaving her coin behind had never dawned on her consciousness, as she was too used to following procedure. But then again, not even the guard or the folk of the city would question her actions if she did anything suspicious or strange. But that idea did not impinge on her mind, as she was not one to abuse the respect she'd accumulated for over a decade. As Telnaez left the tent and spoke again, the instructor decided she would interrupt the flow that this woman was dictating, as it felt... Unnatural.

"Who... Are you? I've lived here all my life, I thought I knew everyone..."

Mozello rose a hand calmly to her side speaking quizzically.

Mood: Puzzled

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:20 am

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Shifting nervously Telnaez tucked the blank scrolls in such a way her sash would hold them for her. Slowly lifting her eyes meeting the gaze of the figure in front of her. She was really only used to blankly stating a shopping procedure when it came to talking to other people, that or talking to the small handful of those rather close to her. So someone speaking to her directly was alien, but hearing an official talking to her made her much more uneasy. It wasn't just the official status of the woman, the way she carried herself seemed confident..powerful.

"I'm Telnaez, Telnaez Jaw-Long. I, er we, my parents and I moved here several years ago from Shu Jing." Telnaez jetted her eyes back down to the ground while forcing a small laugh. "I make a habit of not being noticed and I never went to a bending school here. I don't really go to any town events or anything. Just keep to myself really; maybe that's why."

Though Telnaez was well aware of the laws of the town, the thought instantly came to her. Was it a rule for students to learn their bending through a school by a certain age? Was it frowned upon if they didn't? She wasn't sure. It never occurred to her before. This thought made her extremely uncomfortable so she flushed it immediately. Her parents tried as best they could to comfortably ease her into being social, but since she hated the thought her parents never made her take any other classes. However another thought making her equally nervous took its place. Making the instructor feel out of place. If the woman knew the people there but not herself it might make the atmosphere infuriated and annoyed. Telnaez did not want to take the brunt of this woman's anger. Thinking of the scene it would create made Telnaez feel sick.

"I leave money all the time but only at stalls where I know where they keep their earnings. I don't trust to leave it anywhere in the open." Making here eyes meet the woman, she kept one arm at her side while lifting the other up to rest her hand on the back of her neck.

Mood: Timid

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:14 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

The unease rolling off of Telnaez was palpable, a rising feeling that if the instructor simply breathed too deeply the woman would become startled. It was, difficult, for Mozello to not appear scary with her broad frame, firm stance and visible scars. The only thing she really had going for her at this point was the fact that she held no prejudices and was not afraid to interact with others just because of her appearance. A monster is only a monster if it behaves as one.

"Shu Jing? That's pretty remote, never been there myself. Most make the move to the big city to improve their lifestyles, like my parents did. Soon as I was of age they struck out into the other nations to make a name for themselves."

This was probably the best way to calm the frail-looking woman down, she need to humanize herself, show to her that she was more than just an authority figure but a person just like her with troubles and aspirations. Extending an open hand to Telnaez to offer a handshake she introduced herself in turn.

"Name's Mozello Shao and I don't bite... Unless your a student."

Her face curled into a smirk upon hearing herself talking, she couldn't help but mess with Telnaez's head just a smidgen. As she'd never seen someone so nervous for such minor reasons, those last two sentences the woman rolled out were a meager attempt to regain control of their meeting. Mozello wasn't willing to let her have it back just yet, not until she'd made her point.

Mood: Overbearing

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:10 am

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez looked at the outstretched hand then met back up with Mozello's gaze. She took the hand resting on her neck to meet the one in front of her and let out a small smile. The instructor's handshake seemed firm compared to Telnaez's. She didn't shake hands often so she wasn't sure if there was any etiquette.

"That's why my parents moved here. We didn't have much going and they wanted a faster pace of life. Shu Jing is beautiful and amazing for relaxation but don't expect to much else. We go back once in a while to visit a few relatives but not often." Remembering the scrolls on her side she thought of something to help her attempt at a conversation. "The scrolls from here are wrapped from a fine metal so I purchase them all the time but I never need to much parchment. When I don't need any or my shop I just box it and donate it to some places when it's full."

Telnaez took their meeting as a small sign that she should attempt to be less antisocial than she normally is, but baby-steps of course. She wasn't a child that could hide behind her mother's dress or her father's leg anymore. Telnaez after keeping gaze with Mozello for the first time noticed she had scarring. She thought to herself maybe she had past battle experiences making her more humble than she looked. Telnaez woud never be so bold as to ask flat out, but they didn't startle her in any way they seemed to add character to the woman in front of her.

Mood: Shy/Timid

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:01 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

The analogy was much like that of befriending a stray cat, Mozello was making her presence smaller and speaking warmly so Telnaez would be less inclined to scarper into the crowd. It seemed to be working, the black cat was more receptive and open than when they'd first crossed paths. Nodding from time to time to acknowledge that she was listening to her talk, the instructor relinquished her invisible hold over the conversation. There was no need to press further.

"That's very generous of you, Telnaez. Usually I have my students run errands like this, it wouldn't be exaggerating to say that the academy here probably uses more writing materials than the entire city combined, save for maybe the... Taxation office and nearby library. And I sure as hell can't carry it all by myself."

She wagged a finger empathizing that quip at the end. There was a slight pause before she continued, the tip of her tongue barely visible between her closed lips as she reflected on what had already been said to search for a line to hook on and continue their small-talk. The finger she'd been wagging from side to side now pointed to the parchments that were now lining the woman's belt.

"The art of writing isn't that common outside of the big cities, did you study it when you arrived here or were you taught in your home village?

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez was happy with herself in the fact she was actually talking to someone. Majority of the time if anyone tries to talk with her she would end it quickly and try to disappear.

"Oh I never write much, the metal these specific scrolls are wrapped on are what I'm after. It'd feel wasteful just to toss how much paper I use. I use these for my personal bending training to keep myself from going out of practice."

Telnaez used her nail to tap the metal the parchment was so neatly wrapped around. She was trying to tread carefully in hopes not to say anything outlandish on accident. Deciding to stick with what she was comfortable with. Along with that Telnaez was trying to think of things most people can relate with.

"I mostly donate it to schools and the library. I give it to some soup kitchen drives when I hear of one. The Tax Office should have enough money to buy their own, since the only time they mention where our coin goes it's vague as you can get." She let out small laugh.

Mood: Eased

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

Mozello laughed in unison with Telnaez, bringing her volume into line after she heard her own deep haughty start, the current government held a sour spot in her heart along with the baggage of politics that came with it, so any ribbing of it was well appreciated. Especially after the business she'd had to deal with at the capitol awhile ago, but that was all confidential and would remain so.

"Can't blame them for wanting to hide their dirty little secrets, can we?"

Holding her hips, she resumed resting her body on one leg as she had when she'd thought herself alone. Mozello's blazed blue eyes passed briefly again over the woman who seemed less skittish now, settling on the near porcelain skin of her hands that had been gesturing. Back when she was young her skin used to be equally as pale, but time and travel in the sun had left its color on her. Still smiling from the earlier jest, she spoke with a hint of enthusiasm.

"You use them as conduits, I presume?"

The concept was not lost on the firebending instructor, while she did not... Could not, teach the field of lightning, she was still versed in it through reading scrolls and through her elder mentor Cai. She held no jealousy or malign against those who were able to use what she could not, because in fire she found contentment.

Mood: Relaxed

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 am

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez did read the daily paper when she had down time. There was always some set in the tea shop for guests to read; this being the only way she kept up with what going on in the city otherwise she be completely absent minded from the obvious recluse lifestyle she so carefully held.

"They councilmen need to act like they're actually doing something right? Yeah I end up melting new ones pretty fast. Melted ones are a lot harder to chain so I alternate from new and the melted to keep it at least a little challenging." Telnaez paused a moment treading carefully as dance around her horrible firebending skills. "I work a lot on my lightning bending." Someone of Telnaez's age should be able to bend fire easily and her lack of skill might seem offensive or laughable. When this is the case she was always ready to size up her lightning skill to any firebender that tried to belittle her endlessly. She always tried to remember to be humble and shrug off people because they normally had something wrong and needed to torment others to help themselves, from what her Grandmother taught her. However sometimes she felt a good electrocuting would help them out more. Also she quickly realized shocking an official was more then likely be frowned upon.

She knew Mozello was a highly skilled firebending instructor but had no idea on her stance on if she could lightning bend. In fact Telnaez had no idea who else could lightning bend. Telnaez also knew it was still a somewhat rare skill to have; feeling slightly more common with each generation. It was mostly more experienced firebenders that could harness lightning whenever she heard of someone being able to do it.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"You must be devoting considerable time, if your able to maintain it long enough to bring metal up to melting. I'm impressed."

Directing electrical currents was considerably harder than fire, and carried with it great, if not fatal, risks. She'd heard grim reports from the board of instructors, those who tried to learn it without a well-versed mentor and fried themselves inside out by flubbing the required bypasses or generating a charge greater than they could actually control. Faking a pout, Mozello folded her arms and revealed her inability, hoping it would give the smaller woman enough of confidence boost to speak more deeply on the subject of bending.

"Quite embarrassing actually, considering my position, I can't even fire off a single bolt even if I tried. Oh, but don't worry, there's a perfectly good reason why I'm an instructor."

The Moth grinned knowingly. Telnaez clearly had no knowledge of her beyond the fact that she was an instructor, which was probably a good thing this time, because as much as she enjoyed adoration from pro-bending affectionados she disliked the preposition her reputation caused. People talking to her for the first time after watching her from afar, tended to speak out of their usual character and would continue to do so.

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez, like every other bender, was connected to their element in someway. Telnaez knew deeply of how unforgiving lightning could be for those who can't flow with it. Always practicing with such an uncontrollable element was never without risk, and trying to tame it's wild ways almost always had consequences while being almost near impossible to do.

"I would hopefully assume you're a good bender in some aspect at least." Telnaez cracked a smirk, "That's exactly what I train for. I learn to stay focused enough to hold a conduct long enough while learning to harness enough to chain all of these metal rods as one of my exercises."

Telnaez was somewhat surprised Mozello couldn't lightning bend but thought she most be one of the most practiced firebenders you can find.

She felt a boast of confidence whenever she talked about her bending. "I try keep a low profile but I'd say I'm one of the best lightning benders you'll find. My lightning is some of the hottest and quickest."

Last edited by Telnaez on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 am

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"Strength like that tends to draw confrontation and responsibility upon its wielder. If word got around about your talents, well, you'd probably end up in the same boat I'm in."

Mozello rarely ever caught a break, to just sit down and relax like she did as a teenager. It showed in the roughness of her edges, the unkempt mane, calloused palms and taut features. If she wasn't teaching students, she was documenting her training, attending academy meetings, keeping up appearances at bending tournaments or researching new bending techniques. Then when she finally did get some alone time, she'd get challenged to Agni Kai by the Fire Lord of all people whilst trying to enjoy a drink. Telnaez probably did herself a favor by keeping to herself and avoiding others in this regard.

"I'm not the type to gossip, so you don't need to be concerned about that happening. Yet."

The instructor returned the smirk in kind. The darkly-dressed woman was starting to talk big now, speaking what she really wanted to say rather than what she thought was the proper thing to say. Looking to her sides briefly, Mozello was suddenly aware of how much of a wide berth the pedestrians were actually giving them. Also the shopkeeper was sure taking their sweet time getting back here.

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez raised an eyebrow while folding both her arms. Being an instructor was never a career path she thought about. Maybe she'd make more coin but she was more than content with her subtle job doing what she's gotten used to.

"I'd make an awful instructor. Although I know what I'm doing it mostly comes from instinct anymore. I learned a lot from basics a long time ago that's about all I'd be able to offer a young mind wanting to learn from me."

Noticing Mozello look about slightly, Telnaez whipped her eyes from one side to the other. The other people had definitely given them plenty of space but it was nothing she wasn't used to. She was hoping it wouldn't draw to much attention.

"If someone were to gossip, I doubt to many people would believe them that I could anyway. That or if they knew I could bend lightning I doubt they think I'd be good enough to teach it considering my age."

This was the only reason Telnaez ever bothered to discuss her talents, though the occasion was rare in itself. She knew of some people that could lightning bend around her age but they more than likely worked in a factory channeling it and not much else. It was only masters who have had years upon years of experience that got any media attention.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"If you say so. I wasn't implying-"

Mozello stopped on her words awkwardly, now that she'd gotten through to Telnaez there was fear that she might end up chasing her off with a stick. There was always a personality obstacle that came into play with people she didn't directly work with or not acquaintances, as she tended to voice herself bluntly and sometimes come across as harsh. Judging by the way the other woman just reacted, it was probably happening again outside of the instructor's awareness.

"I didn't mean to pry, well, actually I did. Can't help it. Force of habit, you know?"

A nervous smile creeped across her face as she attempted to salvage it. Honesty was probably the best way to lighten the mood, she was so used to her secular bending lifestyle that communicating in an expected fashion with those outside it had become... Challenging. Perhaps Telnaez would be more open to her probing words in a more closeted environment, there were dozens of errant ears passing to and through in the background here. And while they may not be listening, that's not to say they wouldn't hear them speaking privately.

Mood: Pensive

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

The thought of teaching a bunch of people made Telnaez cringe on the inside. "I just never thought about being an instructor before. I don't think that position is really for me." Telnaez shrugged. "I wouldn't call it prying to much since I haven't really said anything way to personal."

Telnaez thought the instructor might have a habit of trying to get to know people from teaching students. That seemed like it would be the easiest way to try to help them learn better. Only thing she might like about it would be it might let her travel from time to time. She was often curious of other places and heard stories from her family. However she never had visited first hand. Maybe she'd even get to meet some other high end officials, that might be interesting.

"So do you actually get to visit anywhere or meet anyone? Or do you just sit as a desk all day?"

Last edited by Telnaez on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

"Well, sometimes I have to visit the capital or the other kingdoms as a representative. As for sitting at my desk, well, that's become something of a ritual for me after the sun falls each evening. I've been scribing records of the academy on-goings for just over ten years now, enough to warrant my own personal shelf in the archives."

Mozello was so used to always having something to do by comparison, Telnaez would probably blow a fuse from the workload combined with the need to remain sociable and listen to the students' issues. When she did leave Fire Fountain, rarely did she have the spare time to appreciate her surroundings.

"But all that's just fluff, the real reason why I do it, is the bending."

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

EXP : 1325
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Traveling Dancer

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Kinalune

If anyone looked close enough, without skimming their eyes across the world with little or no concern about their surroundings, they might be able to distinguish the shadowy, darkly-cloaked figure from the true shadows that made their home around it. Kinalune, the figure if you hadn't guessed, leaned against an alley wall. Her fingers were caressing the pointed face of the creature wrapped snugly around her neck. Its white fur was short and soft and it felt cool against Kinalune's fingertips. The ferret's small pink mouth opened into a yawn, and Kinalune smiled tenderly at her one and only true friend.

"Back into the bag, little one," Kinalune whispered. With that, Itachi slipped down from his perch and into the outermost pocket of his master's leather bag. Kinalune had the pouch sewn in a way that the other contents of the bag would be unable to crush the little mammal as he slumbered the day away.

After assuring herself that Itachi was secure, Kinalune pushed herself from the stone wall and made her way down the busy streets of Fire Fountain City. She pulled the hood of her thin black cloak down so that her head and front were exposed. Kinalune could see the the city better this way; it was one of the nicest places Kinalune had ever step foot in. The girl looked around and decided that she could stay her for a while. She would need to get a temporary job, though, in order to pay for a room somewhere. Sure, she had a little money on her at the moment, but what if an emergency situation arose? Kinalune couldn't think of anything that would count as an emergency at the moment, but one could never be too careful.

As she passed a stand, she overheard a single word that caught her attention - "bending."

Did someone need the assistance of a firebender? She looked over and noticed a break in the flow of people, much like the separation of water as it meets a boulder in a stream. Two lone figures stood and chatted next to a stand. The teen briefly wondered why the twoo were being given such a wide berth. Kinalune strolled over, trying to look nonchalant. She slipped up to the stand, trying to look interested in the products while she tried to overhear more of the two women's conversation. Parchment? Kinalune snorted in her mind. She could hardly read.

Mood: Content

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

"Well that sounds boring. The only thing that would be even remotely interesting would just be different bending techniques. I don't do much in my job but I just like the atmosphere and the people I work with are a nice old couple that I've known for years. I have learned to brew tea and sake like a master though. My sticky rice balls aren't to bad either I might say" Telnaez couldn't help but grin while she shifted her hands to interlock fingers and rest on the crown of her head while saying so. She loved brewing and knew she was excellent at it. She knew the couple she worked for could make it much better but her skills were still far better than most.

"My handwriting is chicken scratch anyway. I write sometimes when the shop gets busy but even then only 2 other people have to read it and they've gotten used to it."

Telnaez was starting to think she could get along with Mozello. She didn't come off as an official that lets their authority help them think they're better than everyone else. Mozello didn't seem the type to worry about what most woman were worried about...clothing, makeup and finding a man to oogle at. Telnaez wasn't worried about those things at all, she had a few outfits for special occasions and wore the occasional eye-coal but that's about as far as she took it. As far as she was concerned she was happy without some guy to worry about.

Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Mozello 'Moth' Shao

'That was an invitation, wasn't it?'

Raking a hand through her jet black hair almost at the same time Telnaez clasped her hands together above her own head, Mozello cogitated on the idea of asking the lightning bender if she was willing to have her over for tea, well, she wouldn't mind drinking sake this early in the day actually, it would certainly help deflate the lingering nervous dispositions both of them were holding.

"Like a master? That's a pretty strong boast Telnaez, care to back it up?"

The instructor looked around again, her mouth still partially open after finishing her sentence. The shopkeeper was still nowhere to be seen, also someone had stepped into the void of traffic and was now glancing over the display table coated in various writing implements and materials in front of the tent next to them.

"It doesn't look like the keep is coming back anytime soon, so I guess I'll just take your advice."

Mozello's patience was expended, lunch shouldn't take this long, especially if you've got the responsibility of running a store in the daytime. Reaching across with one arm she snatched up the vial of ink she'd been eying previously, roughly where Kinalune had chosen to look interested in the wares and then sidestepped carefully past Telnaez into the tent to deposit her coin somewhere more secure. For this brief time, Telnaez would be alone with her thoughts and the windowshopper.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

"Well you're free to try some if you want whenever you have free time. I wouldn't really say it's boasting if it's true." Telnaez let out a small laugh.

As Mozello stepped into the tent Telnaez stood motionless glancing at different writing brushes. he kept her head down while shifting her eyes to glance through her long black mane to eye the woman who seemed to be looking at parchment grimly as if the paper was being rude or something. The young woman was skimpily dressed. This caused Telnaez to raise an eyebrow slightly. Telnaez thought body jewelry to look rather neat but at the same time seemed impractical. She shifted her arms back into a fold at the level of her abdomen.

Telnaez took one of her parchments from her sash and began to inspect it a little tapping the ends with her fingernail. Something caught her eye and she whipped them back over to the young woman. She thought her bag might have shifted a little. This caused Telnaez to get a confused expression. Maybe she was imagining things.

Mood: Peculiar

Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

EXP : 1325
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Traveling Dancer

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Kinalune

Kinalune sighed at the thought of having to talk to someone. Her hand came up to scratch at her face, which rustled her bag slightly. She heard Itachi chatter in annoyance and rolled her eyes. Kinalune used her elbow to nudge him through the leather. “Shut up,” the teen growled lowly.

Kinalune looked up at the duo. She really didn’t want to spark up a conversation, but she needed a job. This was as good a place as any to start looking. The older looking woman had a strong, almost regal air about her, which made Kinalune think she might know where a kid could make a little money.

“Um… Excuse me?” Kinalune started in a small voice. She coughed into her hand and started again, in a louder voice, “Hey, uh, sorry to bother you. My name’s Kinalune.” The Firebender realized too late that she should have stuck her hand out to be shaken. In her mind, she did a face-palm and hoped she didn’t seem too rude. Living alone (plus a ferret) for most of her life has been killer on her people skills.

Mood: Nervous
Condition: A Little Hungry

Back to top Go down
Telnaez
Telnaez

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Telnaez Jaw-Long

Telnaez eye'd Kinalune keeping a curious expression. Telnaez wasn't sure how to look at the young woman, since she had just started to feel somewhat relaxed talking with Mozello. She glanced around seeing if anyone else was dropping in on them.

Telnaez inhaled slightly before speaking. "Hello," she said quizzically. She hated introductions, they always made her feel so awkward.

The warm sun was keeping it's warm air present, almost to warm for Telnaez's long sleeves; especially since she was in solid black and her hair was down. She noticed Kinalune's tattoo of the fire nation on her arm. She thought it very curious.

Mood: Pondering

Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

EXP : 1185
Birthday : 1995-05-31

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu

"Wow... so this is where Mom is from..." The barely adult man moved his bangs from his Geen-Orange eyes as they gazed around the city in amusement. Loosening the scarf from around his neck he headed off, venturing around the city. Gripping his bag that was hanging over his shoulder, he entered the market district of the city. The man pushed his way through the crowds looking at all the different stands before coming a noticeable gap in people.

The gap seemed to surround two women, one clearly younger than the other, by a particular stand. Curious to the situation he approached the women.

"I apologize for butting in on the conversation, but why is everyone avoiding this stand?" The man awaited for a reply from either of the women, flicking his head to the side to get his bangs out of his eyes.

Mood: Amused and Curious

Last edited by Okashi Nokoraiu on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Craver531
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day Another Dollar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Fire Nation :: Fire Fountain City-
Jump to: