The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ros
Ros

EXP : 530

Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] Empty
PostSubject: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:58 am

OOC: I know these colors don't look right, but the Steelblue text is to show that he's an airbender, not a firbender. The Crimson is for color scheme of Ros himself, mostly because of his hair.

Ros Savarian

Weeks it had been since the thirteen year old redhead escaped Ba Sing Se. He had somehow survived. He didn't have money, he didn't have provisions. He only had his trusty dagger and the clothes on his back. And he was heading for the Eastern Air Temple.

He ate wild berries and fruit, pondering why food was more plentiful in the wild than the lower ring of the great impenetrable city. Some fruits were bad, soiled by nature, but most were clean.

Heading south from Ba Sing Se, he crossed the mountain pass and managed to pass to river beyond due to a large tree that had fallen over it. It was half-rotten, and by the time Ros cleared the side, it gave way and shattered, falling into the river. He then came upon the East side of the mountains marking the East end of the Si Wong desert. Either this kid was extremely lucky, or a human compass, nobody would know, even him.

He came ended up at Chameleon Bay, a small fishing group there from some tiny village nearby. Ros knew one thing about getting to the Eastern Air Temple, and that was that he needed a boat. He had no idea how to sail a boat, or even row one. He watched from the cliff that oversaw the bay, practicing with large sticks on how to row. He committed to memory how they put up sails and took them down. Just because Ros never went to school, didn't mean he didn't know how to learn. After a week, watching these people come and go, he waited until the sky was dark, and moon wasn't shining bright. He struck out onto the beach, the fishermen being camped for the night and the boats being beached. He quietly snuck around the camp, grabbing any small provisions he could. He didn't take everything, or even half. Just enough for himself. He had no clue how far it was to the Temple, and the Tekina-Kaze.

After rowing the small boat for five days, letting the sail out whenever he felt like his hands were going to turn to dust, he glimpsed what he hoped to be the Air Temple. His hands were bloody and calloused from the rough wooden oars, and were dead tired. But this sight gave him hope. He had sailed a few miles south of the temple, but that didn't deter him. His stomach clenched, his hands were dead, and his mind exhausted. Once he beached on the sand, he rolled out of the boat, and fell asleep instantly against the warm, sunlit sand.

Mood: Determined
Condition: Dirty, and half-dead.
Link:Ros

Last edited by Ros on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

The Eastern Air Temple was one of Xilingshi's favorite locales, the other being the Western Air Temple for similarly obvious reasons. She liked the militaristic and viciously independent style of Western Air Culture, but also enjoyed the mixed behavior that was the Eastern Air Culture. She was one of the most powerful and respected figures in the Air Nomad society as a whole.

While she was vehemently independent, and ensured that the world knew of Air Nomad interests (which was mostly just politics, the involvement of the nomads in various nations and their doings, and anything that affected the four nations as a whole, obviously), she did enjoy the peaceful and playful traditions of the old nomads in the Southern Air Temple, and enjoyed the industrialization that was primarily occurring in the Northern Air Temple, but was also being used in the West and East. No one liked war. Xilingshi simply made sure that her people, who had nearly been wiped out by a mass genocide almost two centuries earlier, would not ever have to suffer that fate again. Otherwise, she enjoyed peace as much as anyone, Nomad or not.

She was spending one particularly lovely evening flying around the temple and surveying the lands. Not that she suspected that any more of Novai's men lingered in these parts or anything, but she enjoyed surveying the beaches and the lands, wondering if there were any visitors, Airbender or otherwise, that were paying or trying to pay this temple a visit.

this fine evening, she found a rather battered little thing lying in the beach sands, and so she took a dive, going into straight freefall mode, folding up her glider and "sheathing" it behind her back even. She flipped and freefell hundreds of feet before masterfully kicking her legs out to airbender the ground below her, slowing her fall to nearly nothing, where she fell the remaining three feet with ease, landing on her own bare feet.

prodding the body with a stick, she was mostly trying to see if it was alive. it was dark and hard to tell, and if it was a rotting corpse... well, let's just say she wouldn't want to touch it with her fingers. hopefully she'd feel or hear some sign of life though.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link: Xilingshi

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Ros Savarian

Ros didn't dream. Too tired to do so. He had lain on the sand until the late evening, sleeping and resting. Then something poked him in the side, and then the leg, and a hundred other various places. Each time, he woke a little bit, but fell instantly back asleep. After a little while of poking, he had enough, and suddenly swiped with his hand towards the stick, predicting that it was coming at him at that specific time.

Mood:Sleepy
Condition: Half-asleep

Last edited by Ros on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

On many occasions prior to this one, Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki had had her reflexes save her life. This was not necessarily a life-or=-death situation, but as his hand lazily grabbed for her staff, she recoiled, twirling it over her head before sticking it back in the 'sheath' on her back.

"You're alive then..." she prodded him gently with her toe, before crouching down to get a better look at him. "you're not as bad off as I thought..."
for the moment though, she remained in silence, seeing if the boy would stir more, or if she was just delirious.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Ros Savarian

Ros didn't understand much of what the person was saying, as he was still half-asleep. The voice sounded like a woman. His eyes flashed open, paranoia and habit of always being fearful while sleeping in Ba Sing Se still in him. He was awake at the drop of a hat, adrenaline coursing through him. He blasted air at the ground to lift him far up and away from the woman, blowing sand everywhere and landing a few yards away. He quickly drew his knife and held it backhanded in front of his body, pointing the blade in her general direction. "W-who are you?!" He demanded.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xili jumped back and blasted the sand away from her so that she didn't get a faceful of it, and then glanced around at the kid who had just sprung up. She was a warrior herself, and had fought many battles already. this would be nothing, if he was indeed hostile. He was an airbender though, which interested her.

"I am Commander Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki of the Western Air Temple." she began, "I was simply scouting out our borders here in the east when I came across you. What brings you here?"

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Ros Savarian

Ros swallowed hard before replying. A Commander? Was she with the Tekina-Kaze? He hoped so. He sheathed his knife and held up his hands. "My name is Ros, and I'm looking for the Tekina-Kaze. Are you their commander?" He hoped he was non-threatening enough. His beaten and dirty clothes shouldn't make him seem as a threat.

Mood:Hopeful

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

He was looking for the Tekina-Kaze... well, that was certainly interesting. She might have said that they didn't accept recruits so young, but... there weren't any fixed rules. Xi kind of changed them based on the person. There was a reason her organization was small, but also very powerful.
But that was beside the point.

"I am their leader and their founder," she nodded. She did not feel threatened, but she did keep her guard up, simply because she was trained (by herself) to do so. "what did you wish to see them about?" she asked with a touch of curiosity in her voice.
Mood: Interested

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Ros Savarian

Their leader and their founder? How had he gotten so lucky? The surprise made him stumble, "I-....I'm wanting to join. I want a place to belong, a family. The slums of Ba Sing Se do not suit me." He decided that getting on his knees was probably best, so he did. He even put his forehead onto the sand. Simple pride wasn't going to get in his way. "Please, I know I'm young, but I'll work very hard to earn your approval." He had come a long way, and it would not be for nothing, not if he had a say in it.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:31 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Well..." Xi began politely, "I cannot begin training for the Tekina-Kaze so swiftly, but I can at least take you back to the temple. The nomads there can surely help tend to your needs for a while till you are back on your feet. from there... I suppose I can decide after seeing more of you, and of your skills."

She offered her hand. "On your feet then." She was not exactly motherly--not openly, anyhoo. "or can you walk fine? there's a little ways from here to the temple, and you don't exactly look to be in flying condition."
Xilingshi was definitely a "tough-love" type of woman. She wouldn't do something for someone, if she could teach them how to do it themselves.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:42 am

Ros Savarian

He stood up himself, but then tilted his head, voicing his concerns. "Flying condition? I don't know how to fly." Airbenders could fly? Well, when he thought about it, why not? They controlled air, and air is all around you. You could learn to fly, Ros thought it very possible. "And the delay is fine. My hands kind of need to heal." He showed his hands, caked with dry blood where the oars had rubbed away so much skin that they just bled.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:31 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"don't know how to fly? I suppose that's how things go outside the temples..." she shrugged, "but give it time. we'll teach ya soon enough if you stick around. let's get you cleaned up first, and we can decide what to do from there. how's that sound?"

provided he didn't resist, Xili would begin to lead him back towards the temple, although it was a long and somewhat dangerous journey on foot. Not that Xilingshi would have any trouble--but less experienced individuals sometimes did.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Ros Savarian

"Lead the way." Was Ros' reply to her question. He also added in a little hand motion. When she started to lead the way, he followed her carefully. Eventually he was fascinated by the high mountains where the temples lay, the forests and trees and high cliffs. The small critters and larger animals that dwelt there. If Xilingshi was to look back, she'd see a small teen in wonder of the world about him, a light in his eyes.

Mood:Joyful
Condition: Ready

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:06 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Every now and again, Xi would look back just to make sure the boy hadn't passed out from exhaustion or anything like that. She herself was in fine condition and so was not even worried. The walk took a while, but they continued a steady pace as Xili climbed the mountains, even without shoes. She was familiar with these well-worn paths, and even took to humming an old Tekina-Kaze tune as she went. She was light on her feet and had a spring to her step--like most airbenders did...
Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Ros Savarian

Ros was well rejuvenated from his entire evening of sleeping like a rock. His shoulders and forearms were dead, and his hands still throbbed, but that was beside the point. He picked his way carefully among the paths, making sure not to slip. He got along relatively easily, making sure to step where Xilingshi stepped, and moved as she did. His excitement for the future grew as the Temples on those large mountains grew closer and closer.

Mood:Joyful
Condition: Ready

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

It was a long and somewhat treacherous journey, but Xilingshi's feet were light and steady, and she didn't even sway in her balance even once. She had travelled this rod many times when her glider was broken or not with her, and even a couple times when she was helping to haul wounded troops into the safety of the temple... but the story of Xilingshi's Eastern Air Temple Defense was something of downright legend, and was for another time.

Whatever the case, soon they were looking upon the threshold of the Eastern Air Temple. This was where the airbending master finally spoke up.
"Welcome to the temple, kid." she quipped. She wasn't one for long conversations and social pleasantries.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Ros Savarian

He stared up at the temples, connected by bridges. He gaped and stared in wonder. "I... I didn't know that it was like... this..." He didn't have much to say. He was in too much wonder.

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"well..." Xi indicated, "if you have questions I am sure that I or one of the others can happily help you find the answers you seek. in the meantime, let's get you somewhere proper to sleep and we can deal with those formalities in the morning. you look exhausted." with this, Xi began leading Ros towards the place in question, assuming he would follow.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Ros Savarian

Ros did a double take at his surroundings before following Xil. Just about everything was new and wondrous to him. As he looked up, he spotted some airbenders flying overhead. It now hit hi that if he was going to join, he had to follow their code, or whatever they had. And he wanted to know what it was. "So, what exactly to the Tekina-Kaze do?" The most he had heard of them were just great airbenders who could blow stuff up. That sounded pretty cool, but he was smart enough to know that they must have some rules or an agenda.

Mood:Captivated
Condition:Sore

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi continued leading him through the temple, presumably to a place where he'd be able to sleep and stay for a while. when she was asked about the Tekina-Kaze, she smirked. she could go on and on about her group, but sher wasn't the type to brag.

"The Tekina-Kaze are the defenders of the Air Temples, and of righteousness, as silly as it might sound," she quipped, "that's what we are about. we are normally peaceful like most Air Nomads, but we will fight in times of need--sacrificing our peaceful values so that a majority of the nomads can continue to uphold them. Does that make sense?"
she'd happily answer any questions he had, for the Tekina-Kaze were not easily explained.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Ros Savarian

Defenders.. That seemed a bit different than what Ros had thought they were. He thought of them like Vigilantes, going everywhere to help out where they could, and Ros liked that. But defenders of their culture? That was all well and good but.. It wasn't his culture. "Yeah, that makes sense." He didn't know how he was going to conform to this, but, maybe he would change his mind. He couldn't reject anything at the moment, as she had just brought him to their home and up the hill. It would be rude upon all else. Not only to her and them, but to himself. He had come all this way, he was going to get at least something out of it.

Mood:Captivated
Condition:Sore

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:10 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she nodded. "I liked to think so too..." On the other hand, there was far more to the Air Nomads than just the Tekina-Kaze, and it wasn't like the Tekina-Kaze were the only ones to know any cool tricks. airbending had a vast arsenal of tricks and techniques up its sleeves, to counterbalance the lack of a "secondary element" the way water earth and fire had.

"but what you wish to learn while you are here is entirely up to you. Air is the element of freedom, and so no one will force you to conform to anything. we still have rules of course, but they are reasonable considering what they protect. As long as you understand those simple truths... welcome to the Eastern Air Temple!"

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Ros Savarian

Just the simple truths, and a freedom of what is taught? It sounded almost too good to be true. As he was busy looking around in awe, his stomach growled. "Uh, I don't suppose you serve food here, do you?" He asked sheepishly. "I don't have money. Never had." And he was telling the truth. He had never had a single youan to call his. "O-or do you have game around the mountains? I can hunt, a little.." He tried to bring up an alternative solution. Maybe the Tekina-Kaze didn't have a lot of money, and couldn't spare him any. He didn't want to make it difficult on the gracious woman.

Condition:Hungry

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"there's food here," she smiled, "lots of fruit and nuts, a good number of easy-to-make vegetarian dishes... or you could hunt game on the mountains. A few of us do, although there are still plenty that adhere to the old traditions, but most of them are down South now..." referring to the Southern Air Temple, which was the most "traditional" of the Air Nomad cultures, in honor of Avatar Aang.

"we do have money here..." she began, "those of us that travel to other nations at least. here in the temples, we mostly just use the honor system though. we are happy to share with our fellows, and with sick or weary travellers that come our way..." and so she diverted her course to a place where they could grab a bit to eat.

Back to top Go down
Ros
Ros

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Ros Savarian

He followed her after hearing her proposals on how and what to eat. "Well, I don't want to be rude and eat an animal in front of those who don't believe in it. I like fruits, but not so much vegetables. An apple or two could cure me for now." Ros really was a boy not wanting to anger other people. Especially since any of them could probably take him down, easy.

Another thought came to his mind. "So, when could, um, training start?" He didn't want to take advantage or anything, he just wanted to fit in a little more. And being a weak little boy wasn't going to cut it.

Condition:Hungry

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]   Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Teacher in the Temple [Xilingshi]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next