The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pan
Pan

EXP : 354
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Joke Shop Owner
Nation: Air Temples

Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] Empty
PostSubject: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Pan

Pan didn’t think he would ever come back. Not to this place. Yet, for whatever reason, Pan found himself gliding smoothly towards the collection of stalactite temples that hid beneath the overhang of a great cliff like massive shadowy bats clinging to the roof of a cave. The sight of these massive hanging edifices brought with them memories that were, truthfully, not all that bad. Sure, Pan was not a popular boy, but he was never outright mistreated – only shunned by his peers.

That was all in the past, and Pan had come to the Western Air Temples for nothing but closure. He didn’t care about seeing any of the nuns or students – although he probably would – but instead wanted to make peace with the place itself. The temples, while hardly of orthodox design, were beautiful in their own way. Of course, Pan was not one to get so sentimentally attached to anything; in all honesty, he just missed the air that surrounded the temples.

It felt cooler against his skin, smelled fresher, even tasted better than the air of anywhere else that Pan had ever been. Then again, Pan was not a very well-traveled individual and had never been outside the territory of the Fire Nation and the Western Air Temple Islands.

Before long, Pan was able to manipulate his glider in such a way that he could circle a small, seemingly abandoned temple. He made a few lazy laps around the ornate building, basking in the rich atmosphere, before landing roughly on one of the higher levels of the temple. The stone beneath his feet felt solid and safe after such and long flight. Immediately, Pan allowed his body to collapse onto the ground.

He wasn’t all that tired, really, but standing up is such hard work, so Pan lay there for a while, unwilling to force himself up. Maybe I could take a nap, Pan felt like he deserved a short nap, so he let his eyelids sluggishly fall down. If anyone were to happen upon the prostrate body of Pan in the abandoned temple courtyard, they would see him sprawled out on the rocky surface with a half-closed glider by his side as he snored gently into the dust.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
http://aispooky.tumblr.com
Rex
Rex

EXP : 300

Character Description
Position: Airbending Prodigy
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Vastorum Rex

It was in this very same, almost deserted section of the Western Air Temples that a young boy by the name of Rex smashed into the ground, after a malfunction with his glider. Rex took a moment to assess the damage, thankfully he hadn't sustained any major wounds, just a few scratches. His glider, however was completely wrecked, most of the fabric was torn, but the wooden skeleton was still intact. Placing it on his back once again, Rex checked for any airbenders. After he'd established that none were around he wiped a little sweat off his brow, airbenders had not proved to be the most hospitable of folk, and for some reason they did not take very kindly to a young Earth Kingdom boy waltzing into their temple unannounced and without permission.

Needless to say, Rex was chased away, but due to his impressive airbending skill he managed to escape, albeit with a few scratches and a half wrecked glider. He hadn't been given a very good first impression of life outside the Earth Kingdom, although life inside the Earth Kingdom was hardly any better. Suddenly, Rex saw another figure on the horizon, he seemed to be sleeping, Rex shrugged, if he could get away from a crowd of airbenders then one skinny guy didn't seem that much of a threat. Besides, he may be able to blend in, the lad had no doubt the airbenders would have heard his landing, and he knew they would soon be after him. A quick burst of air was all it took, and then Rex was speeding towards the figure, sliding to a halt right in front of him. He cleared his throat.

Mood: Curious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

The Eastern and Western Air Temples were Xilingshi's favorite places in the world. While she generally made her home at the East, West, or North air temples, she she was a free spirit and enjoyed to travel.
This particular afternoon she made her way to the Western Air Temple after a good-sized journey. There were not as many people here as there had been back in the glory days, but only 83 years of recovery from nearly complete genocide was no easy task.

Always one to ignore the cries of her body when she was overworking herself or when she was hurting, it was not until Xilingshi finished the task at hand that she realized her fatigue. she had had plenty of sleep, but during her flight from her last destination, she had had few, if any, stops.

She headed for one of the larger platforms, which already seemed to have a couple of airbenders occupying it, but she paid them no heed--they had done nothing to wrong her in any way, and they were unlikely to kick a famous war hero out. Besides, if they did, Xi would remind them who "saved their sorry asses in the War of Tipped Scales."

luckily it did not one to that. one of them seemed to be taking an unorthodox nap, and the other... well, it was hard to describe what he was doing. whatever the case, she landed gracefully, twirling her glider to close it,. with little more than a nod towards the other two airbenders, she leaned back against one of the support columns, her glider still in hand, and closed her eyes. she promised herself she wouldn't doze off... just a short nap.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Pan

Pan was awakened very shortly after he closed his eyes; the man could not have been asleep for more than a few minutes. A rumbling noise had come from above him, and it sounded like it could have come from any of the inhabitants of the temples. Briefly, Pan wondered if he could just ignore the voice. Maybe it would just go away if it were not given any attention.

Ugh, Pan groaned internally, I hope it isn’t any of the people I used to go to school with here.

Cautiously, Pan popped open a single sky-blue eye. Above him towered a man - no, a boy, but not one that Pan had ever seen before. With a great sigh, Pan heaved his body upward with a single slow but strong blast of wind from his left hand. Pan’s right hand kept hold of his glider, snapping it shut so that Pan was able to lean on it heavily once he landed upright after being blasted a few feet into the air.

Lazily, Pan wiped a bit of sleep from his eyes and ran a hand through his blonde hair. The hand came away grimy with dirt, causing Pan to scrunch up his face in disgust and send a twisting gale of wind to clean himself off. Satisfied, Pan hummed happily and turned his gaze towards the one who had awakened him.

The first thing that Pan noticed about the boy was the mangled glider on his back. Pity, that, Pan mused, looks like the kid’s going to have to find some replacement wax paper. At least the frame seems to be alright. The boy had a few cuts and scrapes that Pan could see - maybe he had been playing with his friends and the games had gotten too rough. Pan couldn’t see anything too noteworthy about the boy except the slit eyes, which gave his face a slightly reptilian appearance. Freaky, Pan remarked silently. Everything else about the kid seemed relatively average, though.

”Hey, kid. I’m Pan,” his voice was a bit more gruff than usual due to tiredness, but Pan had tried not to sound too unfriendly. Out of the corner of his eye, Pan noticed another figure and turned his head for a moment to get a better look. It was a small woman at least a decade or so older than he. She seemed to be snoozing on a column, so Pan turned his head back to the kid.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Rex

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Vastorum Rex

Rex flinched for a moment as another landed beside him. He glanced at her, she didn't really seem to care that much about the other two, so he just decided to let her be. She was, however, quite small for someone that was obviously an adult. Rex himself was taller than her, and he couldn't help but smirk slightly. Although Rex was not tall in the grand scale of things, he still felt pretty good about himself. Tallness was awesome, period. He drew his attention to the other guy, who seemed to be waking up. Rex soon discovered the stranger's name to be Pan, though he still didn't know the name of the tiny lady who seemed to be getting some shuteye.

Rex gave his own name out, then began to wonder exactly what he was doing. He supposed that he would need someone to fix his glider for him, so he elected to inquire as to where find such a service. Manners were everything when asking for something, but Rex just couldn't make himself use them. "You know anyone around here that could fix my glider?" He held the tattered thing up. "It's kind of...broken I guess." It had the tone of an order than anything else, though Rex certainly didn't realize it. He paused for a moment, before inspecting the other lady. Despite her smallness she did seem rather intimidating, and the marks looked quite familiar to Re, he couldn't help but feel like he'd seen some incredibly old, wise-looking monks wear them. Eventually, he was able to deduce it was a sign of some status or power. It was precisely because of this that he chose not to make any short jokes. In fact, the only thing on his mind was the need to not mention her smallness. "A healer would also be pretty handy. As you can see I have been injured. The fall wasn't that bad, I wasn't very hig..." he trailed off, resuming a moment later. "What I mean to say is that the fall was pretty short. Wait. S-Shit." Rex stuttered, he had begun to panic slightly, he was not meant to insult his superiors. "I mean a lot of other falls could have dwar-I mean made it look much less painful. Not that small means less damage, there are some very dangerous small things. I mean, not in a bad way but...but..." Rex just decided to shut up.

Mood: Worried
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Pan

The babbling boy brought a shining spark of amusement to Pan’s eyes and he grinned. Pan was still leaning on is staff and was mildly surprised that it hadn’t snapped in half yet. Why do I always end up more tired after a nap than I was before I fell asleep? Pan shook his head, making his hair twirl around his face. Whatever.

At the kid’s – Rex’s - query, Pan thought for a moment. As this was an Air Temple, there were plenty of places where one could acquire the materials needed to make or repair gliders, if only one took the necessary time to seek one out. Most students of the Air Temples made their own gliders and repaired them when they broke, so there would have to be storages for the needed materials scattered throughout the temples. The Great Spirits know Pan had to repair his own glider plenty of times in his younger years – back when he still studied at these temples.

But the boy had asked if there was anyone around who could repair it and that was a little different. Pan was sure that almost anyone around here could fix it, but Pan wasn’t entirely sure that whoever Rex asked wouldn’t ask for ridiculously high compensation in return.

Pan decided to give the kid another once-over. The clothes Rex wore did not look like the usual Air Nomad attire. They looked more like the things that Pan had seen tourist kids from the Earth Kingdom wearing. Huh. An airbending citizen of the Earth Kingdom. Weird. Then again, Pan was an airbending citizen of the Fire Nation.

Oh, right. The conversation. Pan supposed he should probably return to that. “Well, Rex, I could probably repair the glider for you. It doesn’t look too bad, really. I’ve managed to bring mine back from worse.” Pan yawned. ”I wouldn’t charge you anything for it, either, since I’d just need to scavenge around for some wax paper and adhesive. I could show you how to fix it, too, so you’ll be able to do it yourself next time this happens.” Pan smiled at the kid and twirled his glider in a wide arch before bringing it back down, letting a small wisp of air trail along its path.

“About the healer, I don’t really know what to tell you. There was a small handful of healers living in the temples the last time I was here, but I don’t know where any of them could be at the moment.” The blonde man shugged. "I'm sure you know how those types can be. Very elusive, especially when they're needed."

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's eyes slowly opened. she would nap a bit later. the other two boys had started talking, and this got her attention as she glanced over. she had heard the conversation, and at least one of those things was her field of expertise.

"It's all 'bout who you go to and what you want." she said softly as she stood up from leaning on the column. If you want it done without much thought for compensation, perhaps I could do a thing or two for ya in that regard."
She was not one to boast, but she had made her glider by herself, and it was a unique tool. hers was durable and very elaborately designed--or rather, had elaborate designs etched onto the glider fabric. She did not mention that she had done this, however, nor had she boasted of her skill in any real way.

she approached the other two airbenders. "the name's Xilingshi by the way." She introduced herself politely, "you can call me Xili or Xi. whatever floats your boat."
Mood: Calm
Condition: Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Rex
Rex

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Vastorum Rex

Rex listened to both folk quite intently, it seemed he had two offers, the Western Air Temple was kinder than he'd first suspected. To most people a choice like the one he'd been presented would be rather difficult. They'd have to worry about upsetting the person they'd turned down and other such matters. Thankfully, Rex couldn't be bothered with thinking about that type of stuff, all he knew was that Pan was also offering to teach him how to fix up the glider, for free. Still, Rex didn't fancy getting his rear handed to him and as such decided to be polite about the whole thing. He turned to Xilingshi. "I don't particularly mean to be rude, but I think i'll take Pan's offer, I'd like to learn how to repair my glider." He turned to Pan. "That would be great actually, thanks."

He couldn't help but feel like the topic needed changing, so he swiveled around to Xil. "So, those...line-thingies. What're they about. He gestured to his Earth Kingdom colours. "I'm a tourist, in case you hadn't noticed."

Mood:
Condition:
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:05 pm

photo 63c57ee5-a4bd-4cb0-8929-df72d37e883e_zps2218693f.jpg

Pan

The blonde listened as the woman introduced herself and nodded his head in acknowledgement. Pan could tell by the arrows on her skin the she was a master airbender, and Pan had been brought up to respect such skilled benders. “It’s nice to meet you, Xi. My name is Pan.” The words came out of Pan’s mouth in an even tone.

Rex was speaking then, and Pan listened to the boy as well. Nodding his head, the man said, “All right, I’m sure it won’t take too long for me to find what we need.”

Pan sent a gentle puff of air towards Xi, meaning to draw her attention rather than start any sort of confrontation. “Hey, Xi, you wanna come help me carry the things we’re gonna need to get this kid back in the air?” The man snapped open his own glider in preparation of the flight to find the materials.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]   Closure [Xilingshi and Rex] Empty

Back to top Go down

Closure [Xilingshi and Rex]
Page 1 of 1