The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avatar and the Firelord 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

The Avatar and the Firelord 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:09 am

[OOC--because I can and I will. :B]

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

The Amulet of Tsun... all the research she had done in the library had been almost for nothing. When she got there and discovered that the amulet was missing... well naturally she was a bit miffed. For all the effort she put into it, and then only to find that someone somehow had gotten there first? well... that didn't fly well with her at all.

But on the other hand, Zulera was not the type to simply whine and bitch about things when they didn't go her way. Instead, she was a doer--someone who would go and do things to change the situation so that things DID go her way. This time would be no exception. And thus... it was time for her to journey into the spirit world.

Not that she couldn't just meditate and go in, but she wanted to go in, full-body style. She enjoyed the perks it provided, which included, perhaps most to her delight, the ability to bend. And so, using the map to the spirit portal that Kei had given her as part of the payment for restoring Thunder Child to its original glory, Zulera entered the realm of the spirits--it was time to hunt for the source of energy... that amulet had to give it off--she read that it did. What better way to pinpoint it than here?

...but on the other hand, maybe it'd be better to just go in spirit form. There was something prompting her to do just that... perhaps the nature of what she was doing and looking for, being one of them.
And so, that was what she did instead.
Almost immediately upon entering, she could feel the energy drawing her a certain direction. And thus... putting one foot in front of the other, she began trekking towards the energy source...
Mood: Happy
Condition: Perfect
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:39 am

Tarek Raiden

The spirit world was no strange place for Tarek.  For many years he had used it as place to think, a place to commune with nature and a place to learn.  He had become so accustomed to the spirit world that he would often see spirits in the physical.  The lines between physical and spiritual were very blurred to someone with a spirit as strong and as in tune as Tarek’s.  Recently, a special ritual with the dragons Ran and Shao had attuned him even more to the spiritual, revealing to him mysteries of the universe known to no one alive.  

The spirit world was very different to the physical.  Where there was the Fire Nation capital built into a volcano in the physical, there was just a volcano in the spiritual.  It was here that Tarek sat and meditated.  In the center of the greatest volcano in the world, surrounded by blood-red, bubbling lava.  Tarek’s form was also quite different.  While it still looked like him, he glowed and pulsated a bright orange color, similar to the color his eyes glow when he bends, as a result of his unparalleled levels of pure chi energy.

It wasn’t long before he sensed something powerful approaching; he had felt it before and knew it was the Avatar.  “Avatar, you honor me.” He called out, not moving from his meditative position. “what brings you here to me?”  He asked curiously.  Although he had his suspicions, he decided to see whether she would hide her purpose from him or not as that would speak of her true intentions.

Mood:  Peaceful
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera's 'travels' took her all the way to a man that she had heard much about but had never properly met. She had met his wife once before though--Zelgius Sanaki... the beautiful, blind assassin girl.
She actually had met Tarek fairly recently, although the meeting was fairly short when all was said and done. Tarek had asked for Zulera's blessing to crown him the Firelord, and Zulera, understanding that he was a wise and powerfully spiritual man, had given him and his family the honor, in light of the absence of her good friend Shula.

but, sitting down next to Tarek, her own eyes glowing a shade of blue, she decided to cut straight to the chase as well. Sure the Avatar was a powerful creature, but Zulera seemed to particularly radiate a considerable and perhaps even discomforting (for some) amount of energy. She was primal and powerful--definitely an individual to remain wary of.

"I am here for but a single purpose." she explained. "I am here to ask you about the Amulet of Tsun. Do you know of it?"
The game of wits had begun.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:50 am

Tarek Raiden

Energy seethed from the two individuals who were arguably the most powerful alive, despite this however, they couldn’t be more different.  It was the embodiment of chaos meeting the embodiment of order.  The two were not enemies though, simply different.  Polar opposites in fact, and it was this fact that made Avatar and Firelord so curious to one another.  

Blue and orange energy intertwined around the two individuals as Tarek took a moment to enjoy the surplus energy radiating from the Avatar, which might have been discomforting to most, but not to Tarek.  To him it was quite exhilarating to feel the unique energy of someone who could command the four elements.  Tarek grinned at the Avatar, “the Amulet of Tsun is not your purpose here, it is nothing more than a means to an end for you to accomplish your true purpose, which still remains a mystery to me.”  He started, examining her reaction.  “But I can tell you about it, Tsun was not an Avatar or a Firelord.  He was the leader of the Sun Warrior’s, which you know doubt have heard of.  While information of the ancient civilization is limited, legend has it that Tsun understood chi energy better than anyone who ever lived.  He studied the lodestones and the effects they have on bending.  He had collected lodestones from every nation, but the jewel of his collection was called the ‘Skystone’ a sliver of meteorite speculated to have been a part of Sozin’s Comet.   Before Tsun died, he used all his knowledge he had gathered over the years and deep within this very volcano, amidst the rivers of magma, he crafted the greatest chi enhancer ever created, using the Shard of Skystone.  After his death, his master work was taken off his corpse and used for evil intent. The Fire Lords of old almost ruled the world with it.  Legend says it was for this very atrocity that the Avatar actually came into being, a way that the universe retaliated in an attempt to restore balance.  It was the Avatar who set the world free of the rulers who used the amulet for evil, and hid it with the Sun Warrior’s.  That is legend however, and the truth in it is unknowable.”  He explained with a grin, always enjoying a good story.  “You followed the amulet’s trail to me Avatar, but the path ends here.  I took great lengths to make sure that it would never be tracked further.   I respect you Zulera, but now that you know the power of this trinket, you will understand why I have hidden its location, and why I am so cautious to give its location to anyone, even the Avatar.”

Mood:  At Peace

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 12:05 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera did not even try to hide this fact. "Aye... it is but a means to an end, and despite being the most powerful individual on the planet, I do not seek to to enhance my own abilities, nor for riches or personal gain. I seek it only for research."

She quieted down and listened to the story of the amulet as told by Tarek Raiden, and it did answer one question that she had had that she would probably never admit to having. She had just assumed Tsun was an Avatar or a Firelord, but such appeared to not be the case. Of course, this was just a legend, and Zulera knew to take it with a grain of salt. Sjhe was not too worried with the true story, other than knowing what sort of power this object would grant an individual, for good or evil.

"But that's just it," Zulera smiled at the Firelord, "I do not wish to take it, let alone possess it. I simply wish to study it. I've done my research on the matter, having gone all the way from Wan-Shi-Tong's Library all the way to the Sun Warrior City in search of it. You may, by all means keep the stone. I am only asking for permission to study it. Can you humor a little girl in that?"

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:03 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek chuckled and shook his head.  “My dear Zulera, good intentions are not enough.  Look at your own past lives, see what good intentions have caused.  Almost every Avatar had done things they thought was right, and paid for it later.  This is why I did not take the amulet, or try to research it.  I will not make the mistakes my predecessors made.” He paused before looking back at her, trying to gauge her motives and intentions.  He then suddenly grinned wryly at her, “what are you up to Zulera?”  He asked in an inquisitive tone.  “Surely you know that you would need to tell me a little more about what you are doing before I consider helping you find the amulet.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 6:50 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Good intentions only ever have terrible results," Zulera chuckled, "I'm not even saying my intentions are good... I am simply stating them because they are not about to change, and I have nothing to gain by lying about them." Zulera did not believe in good intentions or bad intentions. There were only intentions, which simply became bad or good depending on how they were acted upon.

"I am up to good intentions and bad intentions," the Avatar giggled, "or perhaps such adjectives don't actually exist and are just... intentions. No intentions are good or bad till they are acted upon. My intentions are thus rather simple. I wish to usher in a new technological age for this world... perhaps that shall be my most notable accomplishment during my reign as Avatar."
"...in fine, I wish to study it and learn how to amplify bending abilities so that I can operate such things from my machines." she explained as simply as she could without getting into technical jargon. When Zulera started rambling, she would ramble for ages.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Tarek Raiden

When it came to rambling on and on, Tarek and Zulera were kindred spirits.  He listened to what she said with a grin and nodded.  She was clever, twisting his words for her own advantage.  He chuckled.  “Even if there were just…intentions…I have to consider the fact that the outcome thereof could be catastrophic for the world as we know it, as much as it could be beneficial.”  He started with a smile.  He then heard her out concerning her desire to usher in a new technological age, intriguing to say the least.

“Do you plan on ushering this new era in by force?”  Tarek asked, “or will you freely be sharing your discoveries?  Because I have yet to see anything.” He continued.  “Now I know why you sometimes disappear for weeks without a trace, you are working on this ‘industrial revolution’ aren’t you?” he deduced with a grin.  

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded understandingly. She knew that this would not be an easy game, but on the other hand, if she gave up, she would not have been the technological revolutionary that she was today. She did not fail when she was designing her first mecha. She simply learned 300 ways not to build a mecha.
"but that's the lovely thing about balance, Tarek, my dear..." she was not trying to be condescending or flattering with her choice of words. It was just something she would often say when she spoke of something passionately. "even when the chaos annihilates the order, order will rebound and claim his own. If someone builds an orderly utopia, chaos will one day rebound and reclaim her own." She did tend to personify order as male and chaos as female, although this was more coincidence than anything.

"I will usher it in when the world is ready for it." she nodded, before materializing a familiar looking board and set of tiles out of nowhere. The spirit world was an interesting place like that. "you are right as to why I disappear so much, and if you would like I can give you a grand tour of The Pit where my creations lay. However, for now... perhaps a game of Pai-Sho while I further clarify my intentions, yes?" She was already setting up the pieces of the game, for both sides, turning to face Tarek, and still radiating that blue energy of hers.
"Do know, however, that I am not working alone. The Pit is for the more private inventions... some of my other ones have already gone public." as if to hint how she felt about sharing her "industrial revolution. She wouldn't just say everything out front though. Where was the fun in that?

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned at Zulera.  Yes, she had a keen mind, reminding Tarek of an old friend of his.  “You are right, the world does seek to find balance…order and chaos, light and dark, good and evil.  None of these forces can truly be destroyed, but do not expect order to sit idly by while the tendrils of chaos begin taking root, knowing that eventually the scales will balance out again.”  He said as a counter to her argument.

To her next statement, Tarek looked her right in the eyes.  “And who decides when the world is ready?  You…or Zurok?” He asked, hoping to maybe through Zulera off her guard a little.

Tarek absolutely loved Pai Sho and chuckled as Zulera materialised a board.  He set up the pieces, and made his first move, listening carefully to what she had to say next.  While Tarek was now the Firelord, he was still a true scholar and lore-master at heart.  So when Zulera suggested a visit to the pit, he couldn’t say no. “I would love to see what you have cooking up in there,” he said with grin, still staring and planning out his next Pai Sho move.  

Mood:  Calm

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:29 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera chortled. "I would hardly expect it to. But just as chaos cannot fully fracture order, neither can order fully subdue chaos. Even after I'm dead and gone, be it in a day or a century, chaos will return to balance things out just as a pendulum swings from one side to the other. It's an endless cycle, much like my own." she chuckled, referring to the Avatar cycle. Provided it wasn't destroyed, chances were that the avatar cycle would go on forever, and that Zulera was just one incarnation of thousands.

"The world decides when it is ready, Tarek, my dear..." she purred. "Insignificant individuals like me can coax and prod it all we want, but we certainly wouldn't force it. Instead, I have a better idea..." She did conveniently skirt the notion of Zurok, since that was probably the only one who could "control" Zulera, so to speak. There was no need to get her mother involved in this.

Smiling as she and Tarek began to play the game, the wild young avatar made her moves with similar precision and skill. While she might have seemed anarchistic and chaotic, she was actually very intelligent and much more spiritual than she looked. There was a great deal of not just knowledge, but wisdom.
"then perhaps I shall arrange such a visit after this." she suggested, "although perhaps to answer your other questions, I should first tell you about Zulera City." she moved a tile into place, smirking as she sat cross-legged across from Tarek on the Pai Sho board. She purposely left off on that note, hoping it would be a hook.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 6:06 am

Tarek Raiden

“So you admit you are a force of chaos then?” asked Tarek curiously, “a surprising statement coming from the avatar.” He continued examining her closely.  “From all I have seen and all I have felt regarding you I do not believe that you are evil…but tell me why you are so fixated upon chaos?”

He smiled at her next comment.  “Zulera, the world is just a place.  It’s the billions of individuals that live in it that make it alive.  I have seen how a single act of kindness brought hope to an entire slum, and I have seen how the actions of a single man plunged the world into chaos.  Life is about decisions, and whatever we decide ripples across the universe affecting more then we know.  It is when you realise this, that your actions shape the world around you, that you begin to see that we are not just living for ourselves bit for the good of all.  We are all connected, and that is why no individual is insignificant.”

Tarek confidently and patiently moved his Pai Sho tiles as Zul spoke, but what she said next intrigued him enough for him to pause.  “Zulera City?” he asked in an inquisitive tone, hoping she would elaborate a little more.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:38 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera smiled. "I am an advocate of freedom, which is an element of chaos, so aye." she admitted, "but of course, chaos is far from evil all on its own. It is simply a vehicle. By itself it does nothing, but when put into the hands of influential individuals, it can be used for great good or great evil." Vehicles did occupy a bit of Zulera's mind given the things she built, but it wasn't like machines such as tanks zeppelins, and battleships didn't exist before Korra or anything.

With a chuckle, she nodded in agreement. "The influence of a single person can change the course of history..." she nodded in agreement. "The actions of Avatar Kyoshi founded the Dai Li and created Kyoshi Island. The actions of Avatar Aang stopped Fire Nation tyranny in its tracks as he restored balance to the world. The actions of Avatar Zulera will usher in an industrial revolution and will cue ion the founding of Zulera City where this technology will be born. You see, Tarek..." her tone was still polite, but was very firm and confident, "my goal is not to live forever--it is to create something that will."

Shifting a tile into a rather strategic location, Zulera flashed a set of teeth that weren't exactly dazzlingly white (but weren't disgusting either, mind you). "And that is what Zulera City is... a city independent of the Four Nations where inventors and mechanics and engineers such as myself can live and work together in unison and harmony to usher in this new age of industry, without giving one nation an advantage or disadvantage. When the people of the world cna do that..." she made another move after Tarek had done the same, "then I will know for sure that the world is ready for what I have to offer it.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek seemed stumped for a while at Zulera’s move, but soon smiled and countered it.  “Too much freedom is as bad as too little, that is why balance is crucial.  You do not give a child freedom because they do not have the ability or experience to make the right decisions.  You teach them to have these skills, and when the time comes they will be ready to make their own decisions.  That is the delicate balance.  Absolute control is a dictatorship, but absolute freedom is complete anarchy.  Surely you see the wisdom in balance?” He said in reply. He was not argumentative in his words; he simply saw the potential for Zulera to change the world for the better, and as a friend (new as their friendship was), he was trying to counsel her.

At her next comment he couldn’t help but grin.  “That is a noble goal Zulera, and one I will support as Firelord.  You want to advance the world into a new era of innovation.  But new innovations can be used for good, and evil.  It is your responsibility to not only leave a legacy behind when you die, but to leave a better world behind than when you arrived.  You are the spearhead of this revolution, so you can guide it.  You are the avatar, make sure that this industrial revolution is to benefit the world, not to plunge it into darkness and chaos.”

Zulera’s explanation of Zulera City was just what Tarek wanted to hear.  “I think your idea is inspired, and I have high hopes for Zulera City.  You can count me as a friend and ally in your endeavors Avatar.  Just please consider my words about balance.  Peace is in harmony…war is in chaos…” He said rubbing his chin, planning his next move.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:23 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded. "there is freedom in balancing order and chaos, and it is broader than the edge of a knife. The problem is that everyone has a different perception of where this happy medium is. Some say it is in the hands of a more authoritarian society headed by a strong and powerful ruler, while others think that people could learn to govern themselves." she was not trying to use one or the other to try and exalt one and villainize the other. In fact, Zuelra was familiar with an authoritarian-style regime in the form of her mother. Zurok was one of, if not the only person who Zulera would take orders from without question. yes, despite the Avatar's free-spiritedness and fondness of chaos and anarchy, she was on very good terms with her parents (well, her mother. She actually had no idea who her father even was) and had been a fairly obedient child. This had not changed even now that Zulera was 30 years old.

Zulera nodded at Tarek's warning, moving her piece and smiling--rather than smirking this time. "That is why I am building my own city for it," she indicated, "I could choose an existing city and save people the trouble of relocating, but that would give one nation an advantage over the others if I say, started it in the Fire Nation or the Earth Kingdom or what have you." Let it not be said that Zulera wasn't logical. "besides... I don't want people abusing my creations either... I stopped a war two years ago and am not exactly keen on the idea of having to stop another one." she chuckled.

She did smile at hearing that Tarek would support her within reason, and luckily... Zulera wanted to be reasonable. "then you understand what I must do. Perhaps after a tour of The Pit we can figure out where I can put this city without disrupting the four nations and what have you..." that was about as simple as it would come. After all, the Avatar was not about to give up on her desires.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Tarek Raiden

“You are truly wise Avatar Zulera,” said Tarek with a smile before shifting another tile, “While there are many different theories and ideas about how the world should be run, there is no fixed or perfect method, and all have their flaws.  All we can really do is what we think is best for the world, and hope that there is something or someone…to keep us accountable for our actions,” He continued, looking up at Zulera, “for me…there is you.”  He chuckled.  “That is why the Avatar is in my opinion, the most important aspect of our world.  Not only do you have the responsibility to keep the world in balance, but you also have the ability.  When morally demanding situations arise, you can call upon your past lives to guide you and give clarity that no one could obtain on their own.  That makes you invaluable as a mediator because the collective knowledge and experience of your past lives is available to you.”

Tarek was truly pleased to hear about Zulera not wanting to incite war.  “I agree, and even if I were to give you land, it will still be seen as an advantageous move for my Nation.  Now, we have nothing to fear from Xilingshi, Meili or Zurok, as they are all personal friends of mine, but there are many involved in each Nation’s government who would not like the Avatar’s City to be built in the Fire Nation at all…discord would spread throughout each nation’s leadership.  Yes…for it to be peaceful and neutral we must find another solution.” Said Tarek as he stroked his beard, “I will think on this matter, and possibly have a solution when I visit the pit,” he continued as he made his final move, hoping that he would have cornered Zulera with one of his famous Pai Sho gambits.  “Asides from that Zulera, you may count me as your friend.  Despite what I have heard about you, I am pleasantly surprised to find out that I was right not to judge you too hastily.  I know you came for the amulet, but I need to first consider what we discussed before I give it away, even if it is you…I hope you understand…I am just doing what I think is best for the world.”

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera nodded. "right and wrong are just the selfish perceptions of people. instead we need to focus on what helps people and what harms them. That is the way to discover right from wrong in my opinion... but of course that just means that it too is an opinion. My views of right and wrong are certainly not absolute."

She chuckled, sliding a Water tile into play. "well, if I'm here to check you, who is here to check me?" she cooed, "The Avatar is only human after all, and even I'm not foolish enough to try and claim that I am a perfect woman... far from it, actually. I suppose someone like you would be a worthy checker for someone like me, other than my mother anyways..." Zulera did not make it known too widely, but her mother was the only person in the world that Zulera took orders from unquestioningly. On the other hand, perhaps she had admitted it to someone else before... perhaps friends in a certain organization?

"but aye... I shall remain a mediator, and it is for that reason that I cannot choose land from any of the Four Nations. With perhaps the exception of Xilingshi, I could see people happily donating parcels of land to become the Avatar's city, perhaps seeking a slight edge, intentional or otherwise. This city would be a boon to whatever nation had it... and that is why I need it to stay neutral--so that all of the nations may reap the fruits of that labor equally."

"so aye..." she nodded, "do tell me if you come up with a solution in that regard though. As for the amulet... I understand your precautions. Perhaps I can show you my exact intentions when we take our trip to The Pit and thus allow you to make your judgment from there. Otherwise... did you have any other questions or concerns you wished to ask of me?"
At this point, she slid a Lotus tile into a very crucial position and grinned.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avatar and the Firelord 2   The Avatar and the Firelord 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avatar and the Firelord 2
Page 1 of 1