The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avatar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 am

Since the last Avatar we had (Katsu) was as inactive as one could possibly get, we need a new Avatar. And this time, I'm not going to blindly pick a person who seems appropriate, instead I'll pick someone who is active and good at RPing.

The last Avatar didn't really do anything.. so let's just ignore he ever existed.

If you're interested in the role of the Avatar, PM me.
But if you know you'll just quit the forum in a week or so for whatever reason... just don't apply... that will lead to another problem like this, and you'll just be wasting everyone's time.

(also, I've changed the color of the Avatar from white to yellow, because a persons without any group at all their names are white, too)
(also also, the fact that my name is yellow is because I'm part of every group, and Avatar being the first one, it shows me as that Razz)
(also also also, WE'VE HIT 2000 POSTS. GREAT WORK EVERYONE! Very Happy AWESOME!)
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 pm

We should also roleplay the choosing of the avatar.
As so, if he/she is from the water tribes, I guess you could roleplay going to the Water Tribes as the people who pick the Avatar or whatever, and roleplay it.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 am

I agree with Lei, the Avatar must also be chronologically switching his first element maybe to match up to the Avatar show.
Back to top Go down

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 am

Sorry for the double post, computer glitched.

Last edited by Mae Tai on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:32 am

How does that work, I have never understood.
How do they know who the avatar is?
Since he is reborn into his next life.
Reminds me of the Dalai Lama
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes, we stick to the learning cycle, which is Water, Earth, Fire, Air... Fire being Water's opposite (pretty obvious).
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Actually, this could provide an intriguing plot to play with. The world discovers that the Avatar is actually a con artist or worse, a Manchurian candidate of sorts, parading about as if they truly were the Avatar.

The powers that be for various reasons try to keep it on the down low to avoid embarrassment or accusations of complicity and/or conspiracy while the world slowly learns of the deception and a worldwide manhunt for the true Avatar begins.

Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

EXP : 417
Birthday : 1992-04-14

Character Description
Position: Water Tribe Navy/ Special Task Force
Nation: Water Tribes

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 am

Is there a post/experience minimum to apply? I think it would be interesting to be the Avatar and the whole plot about a false Avatar sounds intriguing.

-My character is from the Water Tribe (therefore my main element is water, which fits into the cycle).
-I think the truth of my character being the Avatar would be very interesting twist in his own personal story (check out his history section of for more information).

If I am unable to apply because I am new and have few posts or experience, I would completely understand. But I thought it would be worth a shot to ask.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Fire Nation

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:02 am

Sorry to go out and revive a semi-old thread, but I am slightly curious as to who the next avatar is, or how someone can go about gaining such a position.
I like the idea that Norio presented, and I think it would be even cooler if the real Avatar was behind his plot, supporting the the con artist's masquerade as he/she stayed in the shadows for whatever personal reasons.

Or perhaps we could have an avatar that was politically indifferent to everything. Someone who cares nothing for the wars and quarrellings of the people,, and just does his or her own thing while the world wages war. [heh. alliteration.]

just a couple of thoughts. I'll stop with 1 and 2, since going all the way to 116 would be tedious, as well as TL;DR.

if we want an Avatar character, I'll definitely help in that regard, even if I don't wind up being that character. I just want to help resolve the avatar-identity problem.

EDIT 3 YEARS LATER: goddamn I'm awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Avatar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avatar   The Avatar Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avatar
Page 1 of 1