The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Searching for Spirit Dragons

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Aralynn
Aralynn

EXP : 2800

Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

All the young art student knew about waffles was that they were basically pancakes with a bunch of teeny tiny holes in them; she certainly didn't know how to make them. Still, she didn't want the story to be interrupted either, so Lynn simply answered, "They're going great! Keep going!" She gestured with her spatula, making a 'come on, come on' motion. This was clearly interesting to her, since she had never spoken to someone with a backstory like this, before.

Most of the other students at Ba Sing Se University were in a similar situation, actually; parents paying tuition so that their little trust-fund darlings could have a degree to show off at the end of a dinner party. It meant that there weren't many real tragic backgrounds or outside views (which was a shame). Or, if there were, the students kept them to themselves, hiding among their peers.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Cooking

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Kei

"Very well." Kei sighed, he was really hungry now.

"So it was during the time of the War Of Tipped Scales that I worked as a freelancer with Ul receiving jobs from this third party. These jobs didn't involve trying to stop the war, but instead research like what my father had done. The War Of Tipped Scales served as a huge cover for research and experimental weapons that were supposed to give humans powers that were only meant for gods. Me and Ul received jobs regarding the assassinations of higher ups from each Nation that were supposedly involved with such research."

"I did this solely for the reason that I believed that I was preventing the outbreak of even more terrible violence. Violence that killed all I had once cared for. That belief was taken when this mysterious 3rd party killed Ul and nearly ended my life. It was then I realized I had been working for the wrong side. I didn't know what their intentions were, but I began to believe it was the creation of weapons that I had tried to stop, evil that they mademe believe I was stopping, not helping."

"I decided upon finding the truth of the men who killed Ul and learn what they wanted, Why they benefited from the deaths of high ranking officials of each of the nations, and if they were a threat to all humanity. Even though this third party had failed to kill me, they believed they succeeded and the world thought I was dead."

"I thought I'd use my death as an advantage and see what information I can find regarding the men who killed Ul. I worked as a Jack Of All Trades in the meantime so I can get money to live. It hasn't gone so well however, and I haven't found any information regarding the mysterious third party. It's almost as if they don't exist..." Kei's voice trailed off, it always bothered him that despite working for them for years, he knew almost nothing on these men.

Kei didn't care at this point whether or not Lynn believed him, he was just happy to get all of that off of his chest. Being 'dead' gets lonely after while.

"Anyways, I've recently been getting the feeling that I should give up on chasing these men and aim for something larger and provide peace and happiness on much more massive scale. I can't do such a thing simply working as a Jack Of All Trades, I can hardly make a living through it. I need to find an alternate means, but I just no clue at what to do yet."

Mood: Calm
Condition: Sleepy

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

Though she had been listening to Kei speak, the young art student had thankfully been keeping an eye on the food, as well. She now had a sizable stack of pancakes, which she loaded up on a plate and handed to her companion. "Here," Lynn murmured as she held the plate out, "Dinner's ready." Then, gathering her own, she plopped down in her spot once again, a fork in hand.

"So... you don't want revenge anymore?" She asked, cutting up her pancakes idly, "You'd rather do something good, to help people? That's.... pretty noble of you, really." Despite her upbringing, Lynn couldn't deny that this seemed like a much better way to live one's life.

Condition: Eating

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Kei

"I simply want answers," Kei began, "Answers to why power is suppossedly the solution to everything. I want to see if creating peace not through power, but through harmony is possible."

Kei sat up from his previous position of laying down and laughed nervously scratching the back of his head, "Sorry, about that, I was just rambling on about some things on my mind. I appreciate the listening, it's sometimes good to get things off of your chest you know?"

After getting the pancake from Lynn, Kei quickly scarfed it down.

"Seconds?" He casually asked.

Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

"No need to apologize," Lynn mentioned casually, still a bit curious despite herself, "I didn't mind listening." At the mention of seconds, she simply handed Kei the rest of the pancakes (save her own) - there must've been six or seven all stacked on the same plate.

Mulling over a few questions in her mind, she finally chose one that was less personal to ask. "So... do you have any idea how you're going to try and create peace through harmony? Or however you said it?" Lynn tried to make it clear, with her tone alone, that she wasn't disregarding the idea, but that she was just wondering.

Condition: Eating

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 am

Kei

Kei began scarfing down the rest of the pancakes Lynn had given him. He spoke in between bites to respond to Lynns question.

"Basically peace through peaceful means to end the cycle of war."
Kei scracthed the back of his head and laughed a little embarrassed, "Truth is though, that I have no idea how I'm supposed to achieve this. I was kind of hoping answer would just fall from the sky one day, haha."

Kei finished the pancakes and didnt ask for thirds because he saw that Lynn gave him the rest of them. Kei brushed his hands off, wiped his mouth, then complimented Lynn on her pancakes.

"Thanks for the pancakes, they were great. I suppose I couldn't ask you to make some more soon could I? Like tomorrow morning soon?"

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am

Aralynn Otoyome

At his question, Lynn almost laughed. "I'll make more tomorrow, but the next day it's your turn to do omelets," She bartered, willing to do the pancakes as they were really simple - so simple that even a University student could make them! See? Lynn could be quite agreeable, despite the sarcasm she employed with regularity.

"But, as far as solutions falling into your lap..." She began, setting her now empty plate aside, "That doesn't usually work out so well, that I've seen. I understand not having any ideas - trust me - but maybe you need to focus on something while you wait? Go to some tiny town and work the fields or something, maybe? Feeding the poorest of people might help keep them from becoming bandits to feed their families?"

Mood: Good
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Kei

"I'm going to hold you up to those pancakes tomorrow morning then." Kei told Lynn in a friendly manner.

The ideas Lynn mentioned weren't bad, they were each good in their own way. Even if they weren't meant to be permanent, they just weren't going to cause a very large change across the planet. Though there was something else he figured he might try out.

Kei spoke, "There are rumors of a Utopian city springing up in the Si Wong desert. Whether these rumors are true or not, I figured I would go and check it out, it may be the start of something big."

Kei layed back down in the patch of grass and said jokingly with a smile, "Enough of this serious talking, it's getting a bit depressing. Let's move onto another topic, like perhaps along with your meal you are willing to give a free bed time story, a side of deserts, or even a free massage."

Condition: Sleepy

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

That last comment earned Kei a look, though it was clear that Lynn was trying not to grin at it, as well. "Unless you've got a pair of donuts hidden up your shirt - which I doubt, since you're looking a bit flat-chested - I'm fresh out of desserts," She informed him, raising a brow. There might have been insinuation there, but her companion would be an idiot if he actually fell for such a trap.

"As for a massage," She continued in much the same tone, "I think the one who made dinner is more entitled to one than anyone else. So, if anyone, it is you, good sir, who should be offering." Lynn would totally accept one, too. She wasn't used to all this traveling and mild peril... and it was only the first day.

For the last part of that comment, well... "I could come up with a bedtime story, probably," Lynn admitted, "Though I can't promise that it would be a very good one." In fact, she would have to make one up, since the young art student couldn't remember any from her own childhood.

Mood: Good

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Kei

"Wait a second," Kei said in disbelief, "You definitely just turned all of my requests against me. I don't think that's how it works."

Kei gave a very loud audible sigh for Lynn to hear and muttered to himself just loud enough to Lynn to, "And I was really starting to like you too..."

Kei wasn't holding a grudge or anything like that against Lynn, he was just trying to make her feel bad so that she would comply to entertaining him in some form that night. Perhaps he would take the "pity on me" approach.

Continuing to mutter to himself just loud enough for Lynn to hear, Kei said with a clearly fake sadness in his voice.
"It's a shame really, I've never known what it's like to feel compassion. I live in a lonely world..."

Condition: Tired

[OOC: I realize that entertain part sounds pretty bad lol, but i mean nothing peverted.]
Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

Aralynn Otoyome

That 'pity me' approach got Kei nothing but a shoe thrown at him, for his trouble - the throw was a bit off, so it didn't even hit him, but still. Lynn was laughing, however, and shaking her head in disbelief at his acting as she recovered it. She didn't mind doing something before bed; truth be told, she was a little bored too, now that story time was over.

"How about a game," She offered, rifling through her things, eventually pulling out a small flask of some kind, "We each take a turn asking the other of us personal questions... if we don't want to answer, we either take a drink or take off a piece of clothing. Whoever passes out first loses." Typical college kid; it was a drinking game.

Mood: Mischievous

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 5:10 am

Kei

Kei liked the sound of this, he could get Lynn to reveal all of her embarrasing secrets which would be great revenge for the shoe thrown at him earlier and always hold her embarrasing against her as a form of blackmail should he ever need it.

He had also told Lynn that he would not let her drink any alcohol around him, so Kei figured that he could just not answer any of her questions and drink all the alcohol so that he wouldn't have to later worry about her getting her hands on it. Kei didn't handle alcohol very well, but it wasn't like a college student would be carrying around THAT much booze... right?

Not only that, but Kei thought this might be a great way to pass the time as well. This 'game' was pretty much taking out three birds with one stone, only a fool would turn down such benefits.

"Very well," Kei said with a mischievous smile, little did Lynn know what he had planned, "This game sounds like fun. I would also like to begin since I was the one being asked to play this game."

Kei took a deep breath for a dramatic start and asked his question.

"If you were suddenly a guy for one day, what would you do?"

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 am

Aralynn Otoyome

Aha, he had taken the bait! Kei might soon come to discover just how open college students were, and just how difficult it was to embarrass one. Lynn grinned and placed the flask between them, so that it was within easy reach of them both.

"I'd take all my clothes off and admire my new, studly physique in the mirror," the art student answered without hesitation, "Then I'd get dressed again and go out, doing all the things that young women aren't supposed to do in public; like burping or scratching themselves or making terrible passes at ladies in taverns." Nothing like a little hit below the belt of the male species in general.

That made it her turn. "What was the story of your first kiss, who was it with, and do you still know them?" Lynn asked, curious about such things in general.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Kei

Well, it seemed Kei better step up his game with his questions, Lynn had a way too easy of a time answering his question, it was like she had it all planned out already.

When it was Lynn's turn to ask the question, she had asked, "What was the story of your first kiss, who was it with, and do you still know them?"

"Sorry," Kei quickly said as he had already had his next move planned out, "That's too personal, I'll take the drink."

Kei retrieved the flask from Lynn and began drinking out of it. However instead of taking a single shot, Kei decided he would play it safe and just chugged the entire contents of the bottle. Kei hiccuped and he suddenly got a head rush. The drink was much stronger than he thought it would be. No matters, he's dealt with worse.

Kei strangely laughed to himself as he came up with the ultimate unbeatable question, "What is *hic* your bra size?"

Mood: Happy
Condition: Dizzy

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

"I'm a 34-C," Lynn answered instantly, once again not even bothering to fake embarrassment, "...You drank all my good stuff!" Pointing accusatorially at Kei, she actually seemed to be pouting over it. With a huff, she dug through her pack, pulling out a rather larger bottle, "Now all we have is this second-grade booze..." Yes, that's why she was upset.

Yeah, thus far Kei's questions were definitely below the usual level of college boys, but Lynn wouldn't complain. He hadn't even answered the first kiss question.

Since fair was fair, Lynn figured that it was only right for her to ask the male-equivalent question; "What are the dimensions of your below-the-belt, inside the chonés equipment?" She avoided saying 'penis' because Kei had chosen to ask for her bra size, rather than how big her tits were - common courtesy.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Kei

It became apparent to Kei now that Lynn had no shame when she answered his question with ease. Finding something to embarrass her might be more difficult than he imagined.

He also said sorry about drinking everything in the flask and that he "got carried away". However his heart sank when Lynn pulled out a bigger bottle. It seems his trials weren't over yet. He wouldn't admit it to himself, but his weakness to alcohol was starting to him hard and he was beginning to feel a serious buzz

Kei laughed at Lynn's penis question. As if he would fall for her tricks.
"I'm at six right now." Kei said not specifying what exactly he meant due to how muddy his thinking was at the moment.
Afterwards he also still took the bottle from Lynn a took a large gulp of the alcohol, though he didn't drink it all this time, there was too much in the bottle to finish it in one go. It didn't cross his mind that what he was doing right now made no sense whatsoever.

Kei started laughing, he was clearly winning this game, Lynn didn't stand a chance. He threw his question toward her.

"If I was a cow, would you rather eat me or love me?"

Mood: Confident
Condition: Buzzed

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

Though the added phrase 'right now' had Lynn's eyebrows raising, she was laughing at the clearly drunken state that her companion was getting to already. Seemed that, despite his age, Kei could not hold his liquor... It also seemed that, damn it, the older man was cute when he got drunk. The younger art student was cursing herself for starting such a suggestive game, now; it wouldn't be good to have hands on her own bodyguard.

And then... that gem of a cow question. Oh. My. God. Bursting into giggles, Lynn covered her mouth with both hands, trying to hold back and failing miserably. "Aww, I bet you'd be such a cute widdle cow!" She teased, still laughing over how bizarre it was, "I couldn't eat something like that!"

This time, however, it was too big a temptation - even though she'd answered the question as well, Lynn reached for the bottle, intending to have a swig. Hopefully Kei gave it up, because if not, there would be a bit of a struggle over the bottle... and then who knows what would end up happening?

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Kei

Did she suggest that he wouldn't taste good as a cow? Kei didn't take too kindly to that and crossed his arms and started pouting.
"HeeeEEey," Kei slurred, "I'll have ya know *Hic* I wouldn't be a wimpy little calf, I would be one of those nice fat cows that make for really nice steaks."

Kei completely forgot about the bottle he had and as a result, Lynn had a very easy time taking it from him.
Oh crap, Kei thought, She pulled a fast one on me!

Kei reached his hand toward Lynn who now had the bottle, but he didn't get up because he felt comfortable where he currently was.
"Waaiit a second", Kei slowly said as he began making stuff up, "You can't drink *hic* we promised each other you would turn away from such a lifestyle."

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 am

Aralynn Otoyome

Complaining about what kind of cow she thought that he'd be just made Lynn laugh even more at her bodyguard. Now she couldn't help it; Lynn was going to tease him... and that meant that she'd be flirting with him. "Oh yeah..? Should I have a taste?" the art student asked, moving a bit closer to Kei, clicking her teeth together suggestively.

The comment about the alcohol, however, made her pout as well and hug the bottle to her chest. "But Keeeeeei...!" She whined, taking on a role, herself, "When we made that promise, you were a different man - it's not the same anymore!" Lynn hadn't even taken a drink yet; seemed that the silliness was contagious. Maybe she really just needed to loosen up and have some fun?

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 am

Kei

Kei shook his head at Lynn's offer at having a taste of his wonderful steak. She just didn't know.
"You don't understand *hic*," Kei continued rambling on, "Ya need to properly season the steak first like you would with a good ol' bowl of ice cream. *hic* It just ain't right if ya don't."

Also Kei had no idea what Lynn meant by different man. Was there something on him? Kei started trying to wipe at the nothing that was on his mouth.
"Is there something on me?" Kei said worriedly as he was wiping his mouth, "I don't want to be a different man, *hic* I was happy about who I was before."

Mood: Confused

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

"Well, you've already been marinating," Lynn remarked, trying to do so in a dry tone but failing because of her grin, "By which I mean that you're sloshed, so you don't get anymore. This is mine now!" Once again, she clutched the large bottle, though this time she also turned her body to the side, so that it would be out of his line of sight - maybe he'd even forget about it?

The wiping at his mouth... Oh no, it would just be too easy. Instead of lunging for him like a deprived sex addict, Lynn widened her eyes comically. "It's right there!" She told him in horrified tones, pointing at the side of his mouth, "Kei, it's right there! Get it!" This was still amusing, regardless. Though, Lynn also knew that she'd probably hear about it, in the morning.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Kei

Kei had completely forgotten about bottle of Alcohol Lynn had and was far more worried about about the  'mark' that currently tarnished his glorious face.

"I can't get it," Kei continued to ramble on about, "I don't want this to be like the turtle race event. *hic* P-p-p-p-please get it for me!"

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

Finally taking pity on him, Lynn got up on her hands and knees, moving over to where Kei sat freaking out. "Lemme get it," She offered, sitting on her heels before him, reaching to take his face with both hands. Using her thumb, she wiped at some imaginary... thing... near his mouth - and then stopped. She had brushed right across his lower lip and found herself staring.

'Oh my,' she found herself thinking, mind racing, 'I really shouldn't...' Lynn didn't even really have the excuse of drinking alcohol, but she did have poor impulse control, and it was so very tempting. Leaning in slightly, she went very slowly, but her mind was on initiating what would (she hoped) possibly become at least swapping spit for a while.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 am

Kei

"Thanks," Kei said to Lynn for removing the nothing on his face. Those drinks from before were definitely stronger than he originally expected if he had a hard time removing a small smudge from his face. He found this thought hilarious and began laughing.
"You know," Kei began rambling on with a hiccup, "I don't think I'm legally obligated to fly right now."
He laughed again, "Waiit, I think I mean guard *hic*, I don't think I can bodyguard right now."

Kei didn't push Lynn away when she came in closer to him and instead, put both of his arms around her head and began running his hands through her hair.
"Heey", Kei slurred with drunken amazement, "Why didn't you ever tell me you hair was this soft?"
He laughed, "I could have laid down in this earlier."

Mood: Wonderful
Condition: Seriously Drunk

Back to top Go down
Aralynn
Aralynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Aralynn Otoyome

Grinning slightly, Lynn spared a hand to reach back, pulling the tie out of her hair so that it fell down her back and shoulders, giving Kei more to touch. "You can play with it, if you like," She offered, "To make up for the fact that I didn't mention it earlier." Things were getting pretty handsy now, though, and so she wrapped her arms around her bodyguard's shoulders.

"You took care of the bandits earlier," the university student reminded him, just before skimming over his lips with her own, "I think we're safe..." Should he not freak or shove her away, Lynn would then try to go for a fuller kiss, and then try to lead things into making out. She was definitely of the opinion that drunken Kei was pretty adorable - age or current job be damned, Lynn wanted her some of that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Spirit Dragons   Searching for Spirit Dragons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching for Spirit Dragons
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next