The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] Empty
PostSubject: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:48 am

Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] Airbendergirl2g
Shunned. Her mother had shunned her. It was as though she'd lost part of her identity, the Circus was no longer her home, her family. The memory made her throat tight.

"Itamatsu!" Pei Zhi said with astonishment as Matsu walked into the large tent wearing a lopsided grin. She smiled broadly for a moment, then the smile fell. "Where are your tattoos? What are you doing here? How is your training going?"

Matsu scratched the back of her head awkwardly, flipping up onto a table and sitting there for a moment before shrugging. Her mother dropped her papers, rose from her seat, and came to stand in front of her daughter with a steely glare. "What did you do?"

"Nothing! I just... I decided that I didn't want to finish my studies at the Eastern Temple. I want to go back to travelling, to performing, with you. I'll do what I used to, buying books in the different towns, I'll learn through those," came what seemed a sensible enough reply. Evidently her mother was not swayed, for she shook her head.

"I will not let you do what I did, going through life uneducated. You will not be stupid! You WILL go back to the Temple, you WILL finish your training, you WILL get your tattoos, and you WILL return to the Circus to take it from my hands! I'm too old for this! It is time you grew up!" Pei Zhi demanded.

Matsu, knowing that without honesty her mother would never understand, proceeded to tell her that she couldn't return to the Eastern Temple ever again. Pei Zhi became so enraged that she struck Matsu in the mouth. Immediately running from the tent with a bloody lip, crying, Pei Zhi screamed after her:

"DON'T YOU DARE COME BACK UNTIL YOU GET YOUR TATTOOS! I WILL NOT HAVE UNEDUCATED SWINE DECLARE THEMSELVES TO BE MY CHILD! GROW UP, ITAMA!"

With a small shriek, Matsu swerved to avoid slamming into a large bird haphazardly. She didn't know where she was going, and she was blinded by her tears at the moment, and so she was repeatedly just barely dodging out of the way of things. She brushed her face against her shoulder, unable to use her hand so that she could keep her glider steady. She hiccuped, thought she would be okay, but the second the memory of the fight with her mother came up again she immediately burst into tears.

Where was she going? Did she even have a destination in mind? All she knew was that she had to get away, had to never go back. What was she going to do with her life after this? The Circus had been all she had.

A large gust of wind started veering her off course. Rather than fight it, Matsu let it guide her; she knew the Circus had been someplace in the Fire Nation, and it didn't take long for her to arrive at a huge abyss in the middle of a mountain range. She walked along the edge for a minute, her tears long since dried by the wind, the sting of her lip and her heart masked by a feeling of numbness.

She could feel the salt on her face from the tears though, and scrubbed at it with her hand for a minute before realizing that the Western Air Temple was somewhere like this. She learned about it at the Eastern Temple. With a shrug, she proceeded to walk over the edge of the abyss, floating light down with little use of the glider. What she found took her breath away.

An entire temple, built upside down. It was more beautiful than anything anyone had ever described. She wondered if there was anyone home. Landing lightly near a fountain, she traversed a few halls and alcoves, before finally going back to the fountain and calling, "Hello?"

The sound echoed and reverberated in various places, spooking her. She sat on the edge of the fountain, drew her knees up to her chest, and buried her face against them, and cried some more. It'd been a while since she'd had a good sob, and her entire body shook with the tears, making odd little sounds as she tried to breathe between what felt like dry-heaves.
Back to top Go down
Suiken
Suiken

EXP : 425

Character Description
Position: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:46 am

Suiken walked quietly to the western air temples. It had been quite a while since she had been home. She missed this place, it was beautiful; the upside down buildings had its own charm to it. But, this was strictly on business. She was here for a man. She wasn’t going to murder him. She was going to break him until he took his own life. She loved to do that.

She took off her hood and pulled out a note. It had an important seal on it, and it had the man’s name on it. There was a small dot of blood on the bottom right side of the note. She walked up to a man and smiled to him. “Some one told me to give you a note. No idea what for. She just said to give it to you.” She said, smiling brightly. “This looks important, you’d better read it. Do you know someone like that?” She asked, although she already knew the answer. He shook his hand slowly took the note, and she slowly walked away, pulling her hood back up and smirking as he read a note. ‘You will kill yourself. You get one day to choose; your life verses one of your loved ones. After this day, a new body will appear in your home everyday. You have one. Day.’

He didn’t show it, but Suiken could pick up the cues; he was very frightened. She chuckled, and then turned back to him and ran back. “Oh! She also gave me this.” He held out another note. This one had a smiley face on it. He opened it. It was a lock of his own hair, and written inside was ‘I am not to be taken lightly.” He started to run.

She laughed a bit, before continued to walk, approaching a crying girl. It was adorable, seeing her in pain like that. She slowly approached Mastu with a nice, nearly generous smile. “Oh… what’s the matter? …something troubling you?” Suiken was already running simulations though her mind in which she could hurt this person even more then she already was. But, she wouldn't. She was about to kill someone, she might as well do one good thing today. She felt just slightly bad for the girl. A genuine emotion? That was a very rare thing.
Back to top Go down
Tei Kaze
Tei Kaze

EXP : 10282

Character Description
Position: Air Council

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Tei Kaze

Tei was simply making his way to his temporary home after a day of meeting with the council. He had been a part of the reconstruction, and he was often here to check up on how the west was doing. It, under the leadership of two profoundly powerful airbenders, was doing just fine. But you could never be too sure. While walking back, he could here a girl sobbing. She was doing it really loudly. Rounding a corner, Tei could see that she was sobbing by a fountain, and another girl had come up to console her. Welp, that was enough. Tei did not need to approach or interact. No sirree.

Suddenly, Tei tripped on an offset cobblestone. He'd been so distracted by the crying girl that he hadn't looked where he was going. He was immediately hurtling to the ground. Out of instinct, a blast of air shot out of his hands, and it lifted him off the ground. He landed on his feet, back to his normal stance. The burst was powerful, and it would radiate outward and blow the hair of the two girls he was standing by. Well if they hadn't noticed him walking by or tripping, they would surely notice him now. He looked at them with a stern face, daring them to speak up.

Mood: Trying Very Hard to Be Let Alone
Condition: Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] Airbendergirl2g
Itamatsu would probably have noticed the quiet footsteps approaching her, but she couldn't quite breathe and so her own struggle for air masked it. She jumped when kind voice said, "Oh...what's the matter? ...Something troubling you?" She looked up to see a girl with short, spiky hair looking down at her. Multiple piercings decorated her face as well.

Matsu brushed the hot tears from her cheeks, hiccuped, and then managed to stop the sobs all together. "N-Nothing. I'm fine." she said, her voice sounding choked. Then all of a sudden, a powerful burst of air blew against her, and her bangs went flying wherever they willed. The rest of it, tied into a braid, stayed put. She adjusted it automatically, and she then looked to where it had come from.

A man was looking at them quite sternly; the expression reminded her of Sifu Niu. He was obviously a monk; if you didn't know it by his traditionally shaved head or robes, the airbending tattoos told you so. She didn't know what to say--he was just standing there, the expression on his face making her feel like a child who had done something wrong. Sifu Niu had that look mastered with Matsu two weeks after she'd shown up at the Eastern Air Temple.

"S-sorry!" she hiccuped again, calling to the monk. She didn't realize that there was anyone here at the temple--she supposed she was just in an area that was less inhabited. Obviously others lived here as well. She looked back at the girl who had come to ask her what was wrong, gave her a shaky smile, and stood. Grabbing her glider, she tapped the end against the ground and it fanned out. She didn't know if she was even allowed here, after what had happened at the Eastern Temple with Sifu Ryu. "I was just leaving anyhow," she said quietly. Not to hide it from the monk, but she merely didn't have it in her to raise her voice very much.
Back to top Go down
Suiken
Suiken

EXP : 425

Character Description
Position: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Suiken grinned, almost knowing for certain that she wasn’t fine. She put her hand eerily on Matsu’s back, chuckling darkly. “I don’t think you are…” Before she could get any farther however, she heard footsteps approaching. Immediately, she softened her futures dramatically, the hand on Mastu’s back turning from creepy to comforting.

She turned to the man even before he fell, smiling. Her hair was slightly blown back, but, it being as short as it was, wasn’t that much of a difference. She bowed to the man, who she recognized as Tei Kaze. She pretended not to notice the fact that he fell.
Back to top Go down
Tei Kaze
Tei Kaze

EXP : 10282

Character Description
Position: Air Council

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Tei Kaze

Tei was not a clumsy person, but apparently he was getting all of his clumsy acts for the year out of the way. He would have happily let Matsu fly off, in fact he was happy to avoid the emotional situation when she announced that she was leaving. But, the ruins did not take well to the blast of wind that Tei had let out to stop his fall. First and foremost, a rock, which had been pleasantly resting atop a pillar that Tei was standing next to, fell down in the powerful blast. It gave Tei's head a serious conk and he crumpled over unconscious. The second event from the air blast, was that the ground Tei was standing on, which was next to the chasm, began crumbling soon after Tei fell unconsciously onto it. The entire edge collapsed, and Tei's knocked out self fell right down with it. Normally this would not be a problem for Tei, but in his zonked out form he was powerless to gravity. It looked like this chance meeting would not be ending here like Tei had wanted.

Mood: Knocked Out
Condition: Unconscious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]   Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shunned [Tei Kaze & Suiken]
Page 1 of 1