The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Varsha
Varsha

EXP : 5585
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Instructor
Nation: Fire Nation

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha laughed. "why does that not surprise me?"
She was only 2 inches shorter than Tarek, and so was also much taller than little Kaede, who was both small and thing and therefore incredibly easy to pick up and carry. Varsha wanted a turn at that sooner or later.

Kaede happily giggled as she was bounced up and down. when they reached the waterfall, her eyes lit up and she gasped with amazement.
"WHOOOOAAAAA!" she exclaimed, "it's beautiful!"
Varsha smiled, almost giggling at Kaede's excitement.

"This is beautiful, Sifu Tarek." Varsha nodded softly. "does it have a name? how well-known is it?"

Kaede suddenly squealed. "daddy! daddy! look down at the waterfall right by the base! lookie lookie! those are flowers! I just know they are!"
she was bouncing up and down on Tarek's shoulders excitedly. she wanted to see them. xD
Mood: Refreshed
Condition: Clean
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek softly rubbed his hands up and down his adorable daughter’s shins as she sat on his shoulders and watched the waterfall together with him and Varsha. Her reaction was so cute and it made Tarek chuckle happily. “I am not sure of its name Varsha, or how popular it is,” he said turning to her, “I just happened to come across it last time I was here. It is a perfect place to learn the redirection technique, and a great place to relax as well…”

Tarek was interrupted by one of Kaede’s excited squeals. She was bouncing up and down on his shoulders and he had to hold on tight so that she didn’t fly off. "daddy! daddy! look down at the waterfall right by the base! lookie lookie! those are flowers! I just know they are!" she squealed.

“You noticed them!” Tarek laughed happily. He then looked towards Varsha, “mind if we just quickly get Kaede here a closer look at those flowers before we start?” he chuckled, already beginning to walk towards them. When they got to the flowers, right at the base of the waterfall, Tarek softly put Kaede down. “There we go sweetheart,” he chuckled, ruffling her hair. He knew that these flowers could keep her entertained for hours. “Ready to begin Varsha?”

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Kaede giggled softly as Tarek rubbed her shins. they were soft and cute. ^^

Varsha nodded. "I will have to remember its location. I do like serene and beautiful places where I can meditate and such... do you mind if I start visiting here?"
she knew better than to abuse a place like this, but she did have a strong connection to spirit and nature--or so she liked to believe.

she chuckled at seeing how excited Kaede was, and she was close by just in case Kaede fell and Tarek didn't get her. luckily that didn't happen nor was even close to happening, but Varsha cared too, and knew that zero chance could be spared on something like that. Kaede was too sweet to get hurt.

" don't mind at all." she smiled at Tarek. "she seems quite excited about them."
she chuckled as Kaede raced off to see the flowers. she then turned to Tarek.
"I am ready when you are." she gave a respectful nod/bow.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:23 am

Tarek Raiden

Varsha’s words made Tarek chuckle. “Of course not Varsha, I don’t mind you coming here at all, it’s not like I own the place.” He laughed, “Shu Jing is a beautiful area really, and there are so many natural wonders, just like this one! They are perfect for meditating and clearing the mind.” he said with a smile.

As Kaede ran off to go smell the flowers, Tarek turned back to Varsha. “As you probably already know, waterbending is about turning an opponent’s force against them. Waterbenders shift through their stances, transferring their own energy and that of their opponents attacks back in devastating counter-attacks. Waterbending philosophy deals with flowing energy and fluid movements…our chi energy flows much like water does, and understanding this can help us better manipulate and redirect an opponent’s flames.” Tarek explained as he began demonstrating some waterbending forms. “These movements help chi energy to flow through our bodies better, and help us gain more control of our element…in this case fire.” He continued. “Imposing your will over another benders flame is still no small feat, and it requires much practice...the secret is the transfer of energy between you and your opponent’s attack, you don’t have to obtain full control for redirection to be effective. Let me demonstrate…shoot a fireball at me.” He requested with a grin.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha nodded. "heh... fair enough I suppose. I'll definitely be coming back here more often though. Shu Jing is truly a wonderful place. I wonder if Kaede will want to come back..."
she chuckled as she cast a glance towards little Kaede who was happily singing with the flowers.

she turned back to Tarek when he started speaking. She listened to him as he went on about waterbenders, and it reminded her of a brief excursion she had had in one of the Water tribes where she had learned a bit of that. She had not applied it a great deal, and could not yet redirect lightning or hijack control of anyone's flames, but she figured that with enough training and teaching from Tarek, and that would be rectified within a few months or a year or two.

it intrigued her though, for taking control of someone else's fire not only sounded useful, but sounded awesome. It might be an interesting way to show up all but the best of the masters.
"alright then." she nodded as he asked her to shoot a fireball at him for demonstration. she took a few steps back so that she didn't attack him point-blank, took a breath, and then shot a moderate-sized fireball towards him, not even afraid that he would get hit. She knew he wouldn't.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 am

Tarek Raiden

“It is indeed,” Tarek said with a smile in response to her comment, “I fell in love with the Shu Jing countryside from the moment I set foot here…though I do have one or two…unpleasant memories too…” he mentioned softly, looking a little lost in thought. However, he quickly snapped out of it and smiled back at Varsha. “Knowing my little girl, she will be nagging me to bring her back here for months to come!” he chuckled.

Tarek readied himself, taking a wide stance as Varsha launched a fireball at him. He instantly stretched out his left arm towards the attack with his hand outstretched and his palm facing upwards. At the same time, Tarek’s right arm pointed out in the opposite direction at a 45 degree angle. Tarek took a quick breath and Varsha’s fireball followed the path of Tarek’s arms, rocketing off into the air at the same angle as Tarek was holding his right arm.

Tarek smiled and assumed his normal standing position again. “You see, I didn’t have to exert myself and completely take control of your attack. All I did was shift my stance and transfer my energy, deflecting your attack away from myself and up into the sky.” He explained, “This method of redirection is simple and effective, and it won’t tire you out as much as assuming complete control of an opponent’s attack. The key is to use your opponent’s energy and momentum against him, in the most efficient way. That is where we will start…any questions?”

Mood: Determined

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled. "well, it's fitting, really. Shu Jing is almost as beautiful as she is." she smiled as she saw how happy little Kaede was. "it's almost like she belongs here. I wouldn't be surprised if she asked to come back... even if I wasn'there."

Varsha keenly observed Tarek's movements, mentally noting how she would next emulate them. she watched the movements of her fireballs, and how Tarek was able to divert it. It was admittedly awesome, but Varsha was not awestruck or anything. she did admire what had been done though when all was said and over with.
her eyes followed the fireball till it disappeared from view. she cocked her head back at Tarek.

she nodded after hearing his explanation. "so how exactly do you do it? I do not think that is is as simple as taking that position, aye?"
She was eager to learn and patient for results. She was in no rush.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek momentarily turned his head towards his daughter as she played among the flowers and smiled happily. “I’m sure the main reason she will want to come back is to visit her new best friend,” he chuckled, “Oh, and speaking of…expect to get a lot of letters from her in the months to come…she has just learnt how to write and will probably want to send every day! Though I will be sure to stop her if it gets crazy.” He smiled.

“It *IS* simple, I just wanted to use it to explain the concept to you before we move on and you start learning how to wrestle for complete control of another’s flames…mainly because most firebenders know nothing about redirection, they usually only care about attacking. ” he explained, “Remember our first lesson? About reaching out and feeling the flames? It’s as simple as that. I felt your flames, sensed them and then instead of stopping it, I simply deflected it, nudging it away from me and into the direction I chose…it is on a much smaller scale than what I done earlier, but it is vital for you to learn it before you attempt to completely impose your will on another’s flames.”

Tarek stepped back. “Now prepare yourself and do what I did,” he said as he stepped back and launched a fireball at her.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled and smirked. "I'll be sure to keep every one of them." she indicated. "I'll send her pretty pictures back on my replies."
Varsha did like to draw, and like Zulera, she was quite skilled at it as well. She knew that it was an easy way to impress little children, and Kaede was one of a few sweet spirits that Varsha firmly believed should always be happy, not just because it was so easy to do, but also because she was so pleasant to be around.

Varsha raised her eyebrows. "really? it's that easy? but... then why don't people do it more often? I don't think I've seen anyone but you and maybe my own parents do anything resembling that before, and I've fought and sparred plenty..."
she was not questioning his lesson, but was surprised to hear that it was really that easy to perform. She, like everyone else, had heard the famous stories of General Iroh redirecting lightning, and maybe that was why she had thought that this technique would be difficult.

She would have to get over this mental block. She especially reminded herself of this after she used her own attack to deflect the fireball instead of redirecting it as she had been instructed. But hey, she wasn't perfect, and had hardly expected to get it right on the first try.

"yeah... uh... sorry about that." she scratched the back of her head. "can I try that again?"
Mood: Slightly Embarrassed
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am

Tarek Raiden

“Kaede would love that!” Tarek smiled, “she is such a loving and gentle soul,” he continued as he glanced at her lovingly. She was simply sitting amongst the flower with the cutest, happiest little smile on her face. After a happy sigh, Tarek turned back to Varsha, “I never knew you were an artist?” he asked with a curious smile.

Tarek chuckled. “You must understand Varsha, that redirection isn’t a part of typical Fire Nation or firebender culture and philosophy…It is easy for waterbenders because it is the most fundamental aspect of waterbending…it’s part of their way of life and embedded into their culture, and it isn’t in our own.” He explained, “Let me explain it this way…typical firebending focuses on aggression, typical airbending focuses on evasion, typical earthbending focuses on defense, and typical waterbending focuses on redirection…understanding this and the other nations can help us grow and achieve balance. If we just view the world or bending from only one of perspective, we become narrow-minded. Unfortunately, the majority of benders, from all nations mind you, are not concerned with anything other than what their own culture has taught them. That is why you won't see redirection from many firebenders; because they are generally not concerned with it…it is a pity really…”

When Varsha attacked his fireball instead of redirecting it, Tarek chuckled in a friendly manner. “You see? It just isn’t natural for firebenders…your first instinct was to immediately attack.” He said with a smile, “don’t worry about it though, it is going to take some work, but I know you will get it. You just need to keep an open mind, and concentrate.”
Tarek stood back, “Okay, get ready for the next one,” he warned as he charged an attack up, “feel my flames as they approach you, and let your energy flow like this waterfall and river create a path for the fireball to travel through,” he said before he launched it.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha nearly swooned. xD
"she's such a little darling. I want to steal her and take her back home with me!"
she was obviously kidding, (but would not mind her visiting) but did want to squeeze her, and planned on doing so sooner or later.
"Aye, I am actually pretty good." she smiled. "or that's what my family and friends say. I can draw you or your family something if you want." she shrugged. that too would be later, but it wasn't like they had a huge deadline of some sort coming up.

she listened attentively as he described the nature of the four nations and the related bending disciplines. Aye, what he said rung a bell and made sense when she thought about it. At least she was relieved to know that she wasn't the only one that would have done that, and that she was just working from an instinctive mindset. Now her challenge for herself was to break that mindset and learn the way of the waterbender,

Varsha was ready to try again, and would keep trying till she got it right. That was her philosophy, and she never gave up on things like that. This was no exception, and so even though she botched it the 2nd and the 3rd times... on the 4th time she finally got it right. she took a deep breath before Tarek launched the fireball, and focused her energy into redirecting the fireball away from herself and into the sky.
"heh..." she chuckled, scratching her head. "how... was that?"
Always one to ask the masters of her progress, she would not stop anything short of satisfactory, even though perfection was her long-term goal.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned at Varsha. “Please don’t,” he teased, “I would die without by little girl!” he chuckled, knowing that Varsha was only kidding. “I definitely would like to see your drawings though,” he said kindly, “it is something I am terrible at!” he laughed, “Perhaps you could even teach us a couple things.” He said referring to Kaede and himself.

It took her a few tries but Varsha eventually got it. “Great,” Tarek said, “but you need to do it more, it needs to become natural so that you don’t require as much concentration…again!” Tarek said as he continued launching fireball after fireball at her at a steady pace. Repetition of this exercise was to get her accustomed to the thought of redirection.

This went on for a long time, about an hour, and Tarek eventually asked: “How are you feeling? Is it becoming more comfortable yet?” He asked. If so he would be able to move on with the lesson.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha pretended to frown. "but... but I..."
she smirked. "just kidding, just kidding. I know she's yours, and I do not think momma Sanaki would be too happy with me if I did. But she should come and visit sometime... you all should if you can find the time. I'd love to show you some of my drawings... I could make one of something you or your children would like if you want..."
that would be after the lessons of course, but Varsha always had a sketchbook with her, and she did like to draw.

She nodded understandingly when Tarek made her do it again, and then again and again. She was far from angry--in fact, she seemed quite happy about it. she was always willing to get pushed to her limits. she understood that repetition was part of what made perfection. getting it right once was by no means a qualifying agent in success. if anything, it was little more than luck.

After about an hour, he asked to see how she felt about it. She was a bit winded, as would be expected, but she was far from exhausted. "I think so... obviously it will take me much more than an hour to master it, but I think I have the hang of it enough to move on."
she smiled, glancing over at the blissful little Kaede singing among the flowers. it made her smile, and she was back in her groove. she just needed that little extra giggle.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned and nodded. “Aye, I am sure we will be able to find the time. After all, I think Katsuo would like to meet you too. You’ve already met Sanaki, but perhaps the next meeting could be less formal? As for the drawings, I would like that. I am sure Kaede would like one of a flower, and Katsuo quite likes dragons.” He said with a smile.

“Of course,” Tarek said with a smile in response to her statement, “you will never perfect it in an hour, I just need to know if you are getting the knack of it so we can move on, it’s your prerogative to continue the training on your own after I leave, that is where your technique will be perfected.” He explained. “Now just as I taught you during our first lesson, control is extremely important. You have to be able to control where you redirect attacks otherwise you are just deflecting them. Would you launch another attack at me so I can demonstrate?” he requested.

Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:40 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha smiled. "aye... I would very much like to see the rest of your family again... and I'l be sure to draw 'em whatever they want... it's fun, really."
she was more than happy to oblige, and would be happy to draw more than one image for each of them. and meeting them proper."
she didn't mind being formal, and probably would wear her best clothes, but still... the thought of meeting the rest of this beautiful family made Varsha smile.

she nodded to acknowledge his remarks and instructions. "of course. I would not expect to learn it in an hour or without further training. thank you, and aye, I'd be glad to."

She was only glad to because she knew it was training. Obviously this was the only way she would ever willingly attack Tarek. But... since it was for the lesson, she aimed a skilled and rather strong attack at him to see what his next step would be.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 am

Tarek Raiden

“Then it is settled then, whenever our next training event happens, we will have it at our estate in Fire Fountain City,” he smiled, “that is of course if you are willing to travel that far?” he continued. He could picture little Kaede waiting anxiously for her to arrive and squealing happily when she did. It made him chuckle a little.

Tarek instantly lifted his hand towards Varsha’s attack, and with a smooth flowing motion, he deflected the flame away from him, looping it in an arc behind him and slamming it down into the ground in front of him. “I know this is usually where I say something and teach you…but I want you to explain to me what I just done.” He said with a smile as he assumed his normal standing position. Teaching was one thing, but Tarek wanted to see if this lesson was clicking in her mind or not, he wanted to know what she was thinking and why she was thinking it.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha nodded. "aye. I've travelled to the Northern Water Tribe before. I'm sure I can go just about anywhere without too much trouble if I can do that."

she was already mentally making plans do go and do this, knowing that Kaede would be elated to hear the news, and that she would be excited as well to see the rest of the cute little family.

Varsha observed his demonstration, and was silent for a while as she thought of what the answer could be.
"you took control of my fire, bending it to your will." she guessed. "I... cannot say I know how you did, but I assume it has to do with focus and with chi-flow."
she waioted to see if she was right or wrong.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am

Tarek Raiden

“You’re right…” Tarek smiled, “It incorporates everything I have taught you so far… and is well within your abilities. It will take practice however.” He continued, “Practice that you will have to continue on your own… you have progressed quite a bit already, and I am proud of you, but before we move on you should be able to do this technique with eyes closed.” He grinned happily, giving her a small bow.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha listened before she slowly nodded. "so... is this the end of the lessons for the time being, or were you intending my practice to begin right here and right now?"

He knew full well that she was completely game for either option. No amount of working regimes were too much for Varsha Zere, and she was more than willing to work herself to the maximum if it meant getting great results.
her eyes wandered back over to sweet little Kaede for a moment, bringing a smile to her face. Then, she turned back to Tarek to see what his answer was. He had done much for her, and for that she was grateful. She did not want to come off as impatient or ungrateful or something

Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek smiled. “It has been a long day, and you have already done much. I know you would practice all day if you could, but I think you have earned a little rest. I will leave you scrolls to help you move forward until we meet again, if you can grasp this redirection business, you will already know more than most firebenders.” He looked over to Kaede and smiled. “You are welcome to spend some time with Kaede before we leave.”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:31 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled, sheepishly tapping her toes against the ground. he had a point, but the way he worded it made it sound like she was obsessed or something...
okay maybe she was. still.

"alright." she smiled. "thank you again Master Tarek." she gave him a respectful bow.
she cast her eyes toward little Kaede, who seemed able to enjoy herself among the flowers without ever wanting to leave. within seconds of her arrival in front of Kaede as the much taller woman sat don, Kaede launched into deep conversation about her little passions, to which Varsha listened attentively and politely, and which she found adorable.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3