The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crosswinds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Crosswinds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:49 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"I insist," She replied, and kind of meant it. she just didn't want any more potentially awkward scenarios. "you wash 'em and I'll dry them. it's just a couple of quick bending moves."

"but take your time washing them," she offered, "I'm not going anywhere."
then he spoke of travelling companions and the likes. that sounded like fun to her, provided they got along that far.
"I don't mind a travelling companion... a bodyguard seems a bit intense, but I will not oppose it. I am quite adept at handling myself in combat though, even though I'm kinda... really shy in regular social interactions."
she chuckled sheepishly as if trying (and failing) to add humor to the situation, but either way, she was cool with accepting his offer.
Mood: Charitable
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

EXP : 2650

Character Description
Position: Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:19 am

" Fine, do as you wish." He said, letting her air dry his clothes. There was no point in turning it down if she was insisting. " i will take my time for you. I'm no hurry, anyways, right?" He would enjoy sleeping in a large, comfy bed finally. He went to work on washing his clothes one by one. To wash the tunic, he emptied the sand from it onto the floor and washed it as well. He could bend the sand back into it, and he did need to up the amount a bit again.

" Companion..." The phrase sounded perfect, something he needed through his travels, a companion he could travel with. Something about her calmed him, made him feel at ease. Were all air nomads this hospitable, or was she just that much of a 1 of a kind. His heart tugged at the thought of allowing someone close, a friend even, but it was opening up to her, and in doing so it opened a few old wounds as doubt rushed into his head.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"very well." she replied, "I just don't wish to make another awkward scene..."
she took his wet trousers and hung them over a rack, where she then used her bending to dry them. it didn't take long at all.

there was something she liked about him... perhaps it was his enigma, or his down-to-earth personality. she couldn't explain it, and was too shy to say anything about it, and so she waited quietly and patiently for him to finish washing.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:49 am

Once he was done with washing his clothes, he came from the bathroom again. He would love to switch back to his pants, the towel was getting untrustworthy. It was too small to wrap fully around and kept coming close to pulling loose. He was resorting to using 2 at the moment to make ends meet. " I'm all set in the bathroom." He set his clothes down ready for her to come and get them. He had the sand neatly in the bathroom so he could put it back into place after. He got his backpack out now, pulling out the extra salamander scales so he could work on increasing the bandages' capacity.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi handed him his now-dry pants. "I'll take these and just give me a moment," she smiled, "go ahead and change into these in there..."
she didn't want him doing so in front of her.

"by the time you get done, these other ones will probably be dry."
if anything, she'd overcome her awkwardness phase by tomorrow at this rate
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 am

He would nod, taking his pants and heading back into the bathroom. Trading the towels for the pants was a plus for him, he stopped worrying now. With all that sand, he moved it all onto the towels and carried them out of the bathroom to set them out in the open. " Do you know where I can find some sand around here?" He asked her while he dried off his chain.

Waiting for his other clothes to dry, he moved himself onto the ground. He wasn't one for slacking, starting to get in some push ups and sit ups before stretching his body out some. Having those weights off of him made him feel so free, he stood and walked outside to feel how free he felt. Once outside, he would get a nice feel for the wind around him, it felt amazing as the cool breeze blew against him.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:27 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi swiftly dried the remainder of his clothes with no difficulty. after she finished, she draped them over one of the counters and stepped outside with him.

"how's it feel?" she asked curiously, the wind and the breeze are wonderful friends."
she knew that she was biased in this regard, but she didn't care. besides, this was her turf anyways, and so she felt that much less guilty about stating her opinion as fact. besides, it was a rare thing for her to do.

"it's beautiful out here," she glanced up at the night sky. the breeze ended up undoing Xilingshi's hair-tie, however; apparently she hadn't tightened it enough. she lightly squeaked in surprise, but at the same time, wasn't about to scramble inside and fix it or something; it wasn't like she had just lost an actual article of clothing. but... with it gone, her hair fell down in brown waves to just about her butt. silky strands of it flowed in the selfsame breeze.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 am

He met her outside, astonished by the sight of the moonlight hitting through her long hair as it came undone before him. " You have beautiful hair." He said, feeling the wind pass. " Yeah, the wind is something else here. Such a nice breeze." Clay would stay where he was, finding himself watching her now. He couldn't help but stare for a moment. " This is the first time I've met any air bender. You are pretty amazing."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

the breeze blew her hair in his direction, and some of her wavy brown strands tickled his arm. she gazed out over the mountain range and up at the night sky.

"well... there aren't very many of us." She shrugged, "but our numbers are slowly coming back. I... well, thanks."
she blushed, but smiled.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 pm

his laughed a bit as her hair tickled him, then looked down at her. " You know, the way we move, the way we carry ourselves, sandbenders are much like air benders. Maybe, under different circumstances, we'd be exactly the same, you and I." Being this relaxed around anybody was rare for him, it felt so relieving to let things just not Bother him. He was already so paranoid.

" It seems lonely, when there's so few of you, huh? Then I will be here to keep you from feeling lonely. Is that alright with you?" He would smile to her before turning to stare up at the sky above. " Where should we go next? I'm your bodyguard now."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi nodded. "I have been though the desert before, also meeting a few sandbenders... I don't think your numbers are too much greater than ours, or vice-versa... we're small groups of tribal nomads who wander the world freely. it's not a bad life. but sandbending... it really is a lot like airbending; swift, fluid motions, some of which can enhance movement... heh."

her long hair was still blowing towards his arm because of the direction of the breeze. "I didn't actually have a destination in mind just yet." she confessed, "I've only been here a day or two, and I was just here to rest up a bit and perhaps hone my skills. but... I do love to travel, so I'm fine with going anywhere."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 am

" Hone your skills..." He thought a bit to himself. Her hair was making it hard, but he liked the distraction. " Hey, how about I help you hone your skills? I just need a place with sand I can use. " he brushed his fingers through her hair that was touching against him softly.

" Usually I carry my own sand and I've been weight training by living. 10 pounds on each arm and leg, 40 pounds in the shirt, but now I think I should increase it. The weight's become common place, I don't even feel it's difference. But that means..." He would demonstrate, tapping her shoulder for her attention. stepping back, he would leap higher than a normal person could, jumping much further over his own height before landing lighter than he usually would. " It's made a difference taking them off. But I have to double that weight now."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"sand... hmm..."
she thought for a moment. "I know there's a bit on the north side of this mountain. otherwise I'd have to say that some beach would be your best bet. I'm not sure." she shrugged.

she mused about it for a bit. "and how did you intend to help me hone my skills?" she asked this with a tone of complete curiosity in her voice.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am

Up on the north side would be a good enough start. Clay offered his hand to her. " Come on then. We have to head there now, and I have no idea how long it takes until we get there." He said, rather on impulse. He rarely got a chance to relax unrestrained, this was a chance for the moment. " When we get there, we'll hone your skills the old fashioned way. With a little sparing. " He would laugh as he would pull her hand to bring her along. He seemed so excited, rather.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"hey! hey!" she exclaimed, "where... what are you..."
she found herself having to basically take leaps and bounds with how fast he was running and how huge his steps were. she was actually rather tired, because it had been a long day of training for her. she had thought he had meant they would do this in the morning.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

The night was the best time to do some 1 on 1 practicing, Clay knew. Mostly because they'd work up a sweat during the cool night and the night would cool them. It wasn't that far, he'd come to notice as he came to a stop before all the sand there. " So, this is the place?" He looked down, his feet sinking into the sand. Such a wonderful feeling he had missed. " Alright, what are we waiting for?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

[OOC--sorry it's short]

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"hey! wait up! I'm not that big!"
but it was no use. before she knew it, they were there anyways, so it hardly mattered by that point.

"yeah... this is the place." she replied. "now what?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm

" Well, to hone your skills, it takes effort, round the clock, right?" Letting her go, he would spread his legs and close his eyes. " Hang tight. I'll set up the obstacle course for us." He took his moment, gathering deep breaths and letting out nice and slow. It took a moment as he got a feel for the sand under his feet. Soon, ripples wound spread from him through the sand, visible in the moonlight. He was focusing for the moment, his hands slowly raising.

Finally getting a feel, his hands were over his head, his palms faced the earth and his eyes stayign closed. Taking a deep breath, this time his hands swayed to the ground, the movement pacing with his breath. With a sudden flicker of his eyes opening, his hands rushed downward as the course was made, though it was carved into the sand. His foot moved forward and his hands rose slowly, the course slowly expanding as the sand rushes upward to fill out the course that was imprinted into it. Finally, his hands faced the course and they would slowly grip into a fist, hardening the sand for it to keep it's shape, the course was set. " There. Not bad, huh? I started with mapping out small scale versions of towns when I was young."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi watched with interest. she knew that benders were able to be precise like this, but it didn't mean that she was not impressed by it. she liked it, in fact, and cmplimented him accordingly.

"well yes. you hone your skills 'round the clock, but you need time for sleep in there as well, right?" she chuckled sheepishly. this man's brutal traning regime might have even made hers look puny, and hers was nothing to sneeze at.
Mood: Curious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 am

" Sleep? Oh yeah, you need that, don't you." He joked as he would turn to her. " Well, how about this. Think of this as fun. I mean, I feel like obstacle courses are fun. But to make some of the things move, I will need lots of concentration. " Yes, he did in fact make moving parts. Part of training was to go with the flow, or at least for his training.

" Shall I give you the walk through first on what to to?" He walked around to where it was supposed to start, tracing his foot in the sand to mark the start location. He marked it with the word 'START' even. " This is the start. The first stop is the series of pillars with holes and the many pillar pegs. You have to hop along the pillars and through the holes in the 5 huge pillars. That's area 1, and I will be dropping some of the pillars as you do this, so be careful. The best part about sand obstacle courses is, it's sand, so falling doesn't hurt as much because it's like a cushion."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"alright then." she nodded. this would be easy enough,. she was nimble and light on her feet, and planned to stay that way. she listened closely to his instructions before taking off. she began to jump form pillar to pillar, expecting him to make it harder for her.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 am

She'd notice as she jumped for the pillar that Clay started to move, some of the pillars shooting high up while others dropped, the pillars moving in a pattern, but it was hard to see what pattern while they were rising and dropping so sporatically. Likewise, while she would go through, a large sand wave was kicking up and rushing from behind to knock her off. " Hurry, part two is the winding maze." He taunted in a playful banter as she would continue.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she noticed the pillars rise and fall, and tried mimicking their movements. as an airbender, her reflexes were swift and keen. she was also a swift running, and light on her feet, and so she beat the sandwave and prevented herself from getting knocked off.

"The winding maze?" She exclaimed as she ran towards what she assumed was it, "what's that?"
she would find out in a moment.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

She would see soon enough as she ended the first obstacle, the large walls of thick sand. Once she cleared the first part, it would calm and the walls of the next part would begin to spin. " You have to make it through there without touching the walls, is all."

Clay made the walls spin at a moderate pace. There were also spinning poles with extended edges for her to avoid besides the wall. " And no jumping over it." Clay had to say to make sure she didn't just fly over.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

ah. now this was an easy exercise. it reminded her of the spinning boards that airbenders used in their own personal training. spinning walls were little different.

a wee bit of fancy footwork and little Xilingshi was zigzagging this way and that through the windy sandy maze. she almost smiled, as she found this fun as she got to tiptoe to stay light on her feet. she wondered if there was any other catch to it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crosswinds
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Air Temples :: Northern Air Temple-