The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crosswinds

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Clay
Clay

EXP : 2650

Character Description
Position: Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 pm

It had been so long since the journey from his home. Though, in hind sight, going into the mountains wasn't a really good idea without some restocking of water. Thirsty as all hell, Clay walked through the mountain range for almost a day before catching sight of what looked like a city. There was hope now, but it was so high up into the mountain. Clay had begun to climb his way up the mountain, tiring on his walk up what seemed like a path that was earth bended out of the mountain. If only he was an earth bender.

Night had fallen by the time his exhausted self reached the top of the mountain. His thick protective poncho blew in the heavy wind, showing the chain around his neck, the gems it was made of shining from the light of the moon reflecting off of it. Clay collapsed before reaching the gates of the temple, his vision blurring from exhaustion and dehydration had set in. He hadn't had a bath in about a week, which is the last time he stopped into a town for provisions, and he ran out of water yesterday. His face still covered, his eyes slowly closed as he would pass out.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi's own curiosity about the heritage of her people had been what had drawn her to the Northern Air Temple in the first place.

she liked this temple considerably better than the southern one, but not as much as the Eastern Air Temple or the Western Air Temple. whatever the case, here she was.

she sat alone at one of the main entrances of the temple. its population was nowhere near the numbers it had been before the 100-year war, but there were people who lived here and such. however, this time of night, Xilingshi was mostly just by herself...

..or, she was, anyways.
despite the breeze (or gust, as some might call it, though airbenders were certainly biased), Xilingshi didn't wear much clothing; just loose but durable baggy pants, her orange tunic, and some armored gloves. her feet were bare.
she became quickly aware that she wasn't alone, as she heard noise out by the gate. being curious, she wondered who it was; she doubted it would be hostile, given the size of the temple and the smallness of the noise she had heard.

scampering towards the gate, she found... well, she didn't know how to describe it--a giant; a behemoth of a man, half dead and on the verge of unconsciousness. she brought him a flask of water, also prodding him to see if he was still alive.
this was most curious...
Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:29 pm

With the footsteps coming his way, Clay shook himself back to consciousness. Something was poking him. He pushed himself up some, not hearing her speak. Looking up at her, he took a moment to stare at her. His eyes had met hers, the moon's light giving a vibrant glow to his eyes while he looked. It wasn't but a moment later that he was struck with uncertainty, jumping back away from her in unease.
" st-st-stay back. I don't have anything of value..." He said as a reaction. He fell onto his back, still watching her as he was scooting away until he reached the edged and stopped himself with nowhere to go. She was holding water out to him, but he thought she'd want something in return, and he hated being indebted to someone.
" I-it's fine. I'm not thirsty. " His voice calmed down as he watched her, looking for any signs of hostile movement. She seemed innocent, but he couldn't be too sure. Many dangerous things are mostly due to innocent appearances. " What do you want from me?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

The airbender was surprised by his actions, given that he was trying to flee from her. perhaps he was more dehydrated than she thought.

"It's... a glass of water. I'm giving it to you, not selling it to you." she held it out. "and don't play games... you're clearly more dehydrated than you look, unless you know who I am. but come on... this is an Air Temple. no one here's gonna hurt you."

a look of curious determination spread across her visage. she was armed only with a staff, which was just her glider. she made herself look as harmless as possible, which wasn't too hard for a young woman with airbending tattoos and a pretty little face. well, there were the scars on her right cheek, but if someone was afraid of a couple of cuts she was unlucky enough to get, that'd be a sad story to tell indeed.

she was determined to get this guy to come back to his senses either way.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 pm

He had looked her over countless times, wondering what to do. He needed water, and she claimed she didn't want anything from him. He seemed like a lone wolf, terrified by a stranger that was trying to help. " Okay." He finally said, trying to stand. He was too weak to stand and ended up falling forward again, but it didn't stop him from trying.

He noticed his condition and pulled himself with his hands towards her, towards the water, dragging against the ground. " I don't know who you are, but. th.....thanks for your generousity."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

she handed him the water with no hesitation. it was clear that he needed it, given the sound of his voice, and the way he was carrying himself. it was a fairly large flask, and so it would be plenty for the moment.

"you're welcome." she replied. "I'm Xilingshi, by the way. Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki. what brings you here this time of night?"
it was a curious question, but one she wanted an answer to. they didn't get many visitors, especially this time of night.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

He had taken a momen to sit himself up, spilling a small bit of the water as he wiggled around. He didn't hessitate to drmnk some water, relaxing a bit now. "...Call me Clay." He gave her that much before he continued drinking the water until the glass was empty. " I've never met you before. Why would a stranger help me if there's nothing to get out of it?" Her question, it took him a bit to come up with an answer. " I'm just...Here."

Clay's finger traced along the glass in his hand as he would look at her again. She was a curious one, it showed. But that wasn't a bad thing. " I came...I've nowhere else to go. I am a wanderer of this world, and I travel to find my place in it. Why do you want to know? Are you some sort of intelligence selling person? Because I dont' have much useful intel to anybody. You were better off leaving me here." He looked back into the cup, the small puddle of water left in the cup rippling from a small teardrop from his eyes. He hid his face from her to keep it from her so she wouldn't pitty him more.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"Does there have to be something in it for me?" she asked curiously, "Air Nomads value the importance of life. I am not a killer, nor am I an exploiter. I am not here to take any kind of advantage of you; I was simply helping out a man in need."

this was a strange fellow, that's for sure. she hadn't seen someone this paranoid in a long time; perhaps he was ailing from something else that she was not aware of; maybe not. she wasn't sure.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 am

Wiping his eyes dry, he struggled onto his feet. " Thank you for your help. But I don't want to be a burden to you. It's best to forget me." Standing to his full height, he looked down at her curiously. His legs shook, he wasn't walking any time soon, not on his own, and he knew that if he took one step, he'd collapse again. " I'll just go find a place to rest my head for the night and I'll be good as new in no time." He was denying his predicament so much, but he knew he needed help. Though denial was his usual fallback.

" Air nomad, huh? Do you know how it is to travel the world, never finding a place for yourself? You have a home, at least. Why get mixed up with someone like me who has but the clothes on his back?" He thought for a moment. " If you help me, I will find a way to repay you. Deal? I don't feel right being such a burden, but who am i kidding, I can barely do anything like this..."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi listened calmly. she craned her neck as she stood up. holy crap he was huge. she knew that he was large when sh had first seen him, but seeing him at his full height? it was rather impressive.

"I'd probably call the Western Air Temple my home... but aye, I am very familiar with the free wandering spirit. that's more or less the story of my life, and I cherish it."
she did; air was the element of freedom, and she very much embodied it.

he made an offer. she thought for a moment.
"Deal," she replied, "if nothing else, think of it as charity. I will help you how you need it... though, what do you need, other than a good meal and some good rest? I can tell that you need both of those more than anything right now."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 am

" Yeah..." He looked around, wondering how to get himself through the gates." I Think I need some...support to get anywhere. My legs won't listen to me at the moment." He laughed a bit, trying to make it sound like a joke, but he wasnt' kidding. " You are...nice. I haven't met many selfless people. What am I supposed to do?" It was a new situation to him, being aided without expectations of him having to pay anything back. it was too strange for him.

looking down at her, he would smile. His eyes still showed the faint signs of tears, but he looked pass them. " I also would love a bath." He said, knowing he needed one. He offered his hand to her. " Shall we? I don't want to keep you out here tending to me. That's inconsiderate of me."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"here..." she offered, "lean on me if you need to. I might not be able to carry you, but I'm a big girl... and there's no reason for you to put all your weight on those legs when you're this weak."

Xilingshi was selfless. almost everything she did was for someone else. she had formed (and led) the Tekina-Kaze to allow many more airbenders to keep their peaceful traditions without paying the price of not having someone to defend them. it was jsut her mindset.

she took her hand. "aye... let's get you inside and cleaned up." she sniffed. "definitely the cleaned up part." she chuckled, trying to simply keep the mood positive, as a follow-up of his joke.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 am

He coudn't help but laugh as she helped him in. It was awkward to have her help him move, but it got him into the temple. He hoped no one in the temple would give him a hard time, but if they did then he would stand up for himself and her if needed. He wasn't in shape to really do much, but he wasn't one to back down.

" Thank you." He smiled to her. She had a warm feel to her. Not fire bending warm, no, it was a comforting warmth, and to his eyes she was practically radiant with happiness, it seemed. " Clayton." He said to her, keeping his voice from being overheard by others. " My name is Clayton. Clayton De Laroux. Call me Clay."
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi led him through the temple towards her quarters. it was slightly awkward simply for the weight; Xilingshi didn't see anything wrong with what she was doing. luckily for them, it seemed that any others who were here were asleep or gone already. whatever the case, they arrived at Xi's place. it seemed that it was designed for more than one person, but Xi was living on her own in it, it appeared. the large amount of living space combined with the small number of air nomads meant that there was a lot of empty space, such as in this case.

"the washroom's right over there," she indicated, "but otherwise... welcome to my humble abode."
she was hospitable; while the place was simple, there was not much that she needed from it. she hoped that he wouldn't mind it--she didn't figure he would, given what he had already said about himself thus far.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:14 am

Clay was used to having little, so seeing all the space, it was a bit overwhelming. His eyes wandered the entire place. He never had a home and wondered if this was the normal size for one. " This place is big..." With her pointing out the washingroom, he nodded and tugged on his poncho as it loosened and slid off. For the first time in a while, he wasn't wearing the dirty thing. " Any place I can wash my clothes?" He asked, starting to undress with her there. For a moment, he forgot those kinds of manners.

While undoing the bands from his legs and letting the bands drop from his forearms, she'd notice the gem crafted chain around his neck that looked like a chain one would keep around their pet's neck. It wrapped around his neck twice and one big length tha rested around him over his shoulders. It was made from many precious gems, one could see the luster of each gem it was made with. Taking off the cloth around his head, he finally revealed his face, his silk white hair a bit dirtied by the sand still in it, his milk soft skin's texture showing from his face, it was the only thing to really keep clean since the face mask was easy to move out of the way. He went on to pull of his sand weighted tunic.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Xilingshi blushed and turned away as he undressed, out of courtesy. "I usually just use the basin I bathed in," she replied. she didn't imagine he was too picky after that.
she did notice the gem around his neck, and assumed that it was some sort of heirloom or something important; possibly personal. thus, she didn't ask about it. sh respected people's privacy.

"just make sure to close the door and all when you go in." she replied, rounding a corner and sitting down in the main room, out of sight so she wouldn't see him undressed.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

He heard her tell him to make sure to close the door. It was at that moment that he remembered. It was rude to strip in front of a woman like that. Though topless, he stood and hid his blush as he wobbled his shy self to the bathroom. " S-s-so sorry! I didn't mean to! I forgot to...and..." He ran into the bathroom, closing the door and rubbing his face from the embarasment. Funny how someone with dark skin like his would blush so red.

Now in the bathroom, he forgot to ask. He didn't know how to work it. This washroom, he never experienced one before. He always washed in a lake or river. " Um...where are the towels? And the water? " He called from the crack in the door he made, only opening it slightly to peek his eyes out. He was embarassed to ask about the basin. " Do I just...I don't know where the water is. How does it work?"
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"it-it's fine!" she called back. it really wasn't going to harm her, just make her feel a bit awkward. she wasn't exactly good at being social... so yeah.

she came in there, half-covering her eyes. "the towels are down here," she indicated a cabinet, "and you just turn this knob here to turn the water on, and turn it the opposite way when it's done."
she showed him, paying extra close attention to it as it filled. those mechanists that had lived here a while back had done some pretty swell mechanical upgrades to the place.

she watched the water fill, stopping it once it was full. "and that should be it," she replied, "I'll just step out now." she tiptoed towards the door, shielding her eyes again
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 am

He watched her, holding his pants out to block the view between her and the other side of his pants. Once she indicated where the towel was, he quickly traded the pants for the towel, wrapping it around him as much as he could. He was left holding it to keep it up. " Th-thanks. I'm so sorry for putting you in a situation like this." He said, watching her work the water. With her making her way for the door now, he moved out of her way and held the door open for her. " Thank you." He said, not closing the door all the way in case he was going to call her again.

Clay didn't take long to undo the towel, going to the running water. He eased himself into the water, feeling it nice and warm. " Oooh, that feels good." He smiled, making his way into the water. He reached for the knob, turning the water off and on a few times. " That's so cool." He sat there, marinating in the good feel as the water continued running. He was used to lakes, streams, but this, this was a whole new feeling. He couldn't help but relax in the water as it slowly got dirtier and dirtier as he washed.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"it's alright," she blushed, making sure her hair tie didn't come loose, "I just... well, I'm glad that you're in a better condition now, y'know?"

she was still within earshot, but she was giving him his privacy. she didn't need to make the situation become awkward or anything.
she was glad he sounded better though. earlier, he sounded raspy and she was surprised he hadn't just keeled over. then again, he was a large fellow, and probably much more durable. she was a tiny thing, on the other hand. ether way... knowing that he was okay, gave her comfort.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 am

She had done so much for her, he didn't know where to begin for thanking her. He had thought of paying her back, but coming to think about it, he didn't know where to start. No one was this kind to him before. It took him a moment to wash himself clean all the way, but once he was fully washed he grabbed the towel and stood to dry himself off. " What would you like of me?" He asked through the door to her.
" I'm not much, and I dunno what I could do, but if you would need anything of me, you can ask. I don't know what you would like, though." He called to her through the door, drying himself off and reaching for those pants of his to start washing them as well in that water. Now that he was clean, his skin showed it's milky soft complexion all over, even seeming to reflect the bit of light off of his skin from the water still on him. His hair carried a silver luster to it's white coloring and was lengthy when washed, draping down to his shoulders. It made such a difference when compared to seeing him before and after the bath.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

payment... Xilingshi had not anticipated asking him for anything in return. she simply did these kinds of things out of the goodness of her heart. sometimes she did lose herself in the process, but most of the time, she just felt good for being so charitable.

"well," she confessed, "I'm not entirely sure. I had not anticipated asking for anything in return. what are your plans after this? what do you intend to do; where do you intend to go?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:01 am

" I...I don't know. I have nowhere to go yet. I haven't found the place that needs me, where I belong yet." Clay watched the water as he washed his clothes. Sure, going back to the desert would be a good thing, but there was nothing to do. To carry on your family's name as the last of the legacy was alot for him, so much weighed on his heart, not just the weights.

" I never really settled anywhere, you know. I see nothing that persuades me to stay anywhere. I'm not good at making friends, I'm not good at staying still. I still have trust issues, like earlier outside the gate." Wringing his pants out, he looked for a place to hang them. He wasn't the air bender, he couldn't air his clothes out quickly. He got up and exited the bathroom, though looking like a new him, his head was still facing the ground.
Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:15 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

"well, you can stay as long as you want." she offered, "it's not like I'm giving you a deadline or anything.

"I do know that feeling." she replied, "while I do have homes in the air temples, I am seldom there; usually on the road."
she was sitting on a chair with her bare feet on the table. it was not likely that she owned a single pair of shoes. while usually it was the earthbenders that went barefoot, Xilingshi simply did not like wearing shoes for whatever reason. however, similarly ironic, she did not like her hands uncovered either, though she also wore those gloves because they were comfortable and durable.

she blushed and turned away when he came in, knowing that his clothes would be wet and therefore he would be undressed.
"Did you need a place to hang those?" she asked, "I can air them out for you so you don't have to stay naked while you wait."
her having clothes his size was completely out of the question. while she did wear larger-sized clothing that she held up with belts or fastenings, it was still nowhere near his size, and would likely be a bit tight around the arms and shoulders. still... she also couldn't help but feel sympathy for this man, who wasn't even used to charity.
Mood: Charitable
Link:

Back to top Go down
Clay
Clay

Character Description

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:30 am

" No, it's fine. I have a towel on, so I can just let them air out. Though, it would be easier to air out the pants though, huh?" He had washed the pants so far only, they were the only clothing he brought into the bathroom with him. He set his pants somewhere, grabbing the rest of his clothes to get to work. " I'll be right back. These need washing as well."

He went back into the bathroom, not bothering to close the door now since he was covered. While washing, he looked back her way. " Traveling gets lonely, huh? I could always use company. I may not have a destination in mind, but the trip would be fun with another, right?" Then, he had a brilliant idea. " Oh, I can pay you back by being your body guard. How does that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crosswinds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crosswinds   Crosswinds Empty

Back to top Go down

Crosswinds
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Air Temples :: Northern Air Temple-
Jump to: