The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tale of a Traveler [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rotuki
Rotuki

EXP : 500
Birthday : 1997-10-29

Character Description
Position: Traveler/Rogue
Nation: Fire Nation

Tale of a Traveler [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am

The ice crunched under Rotuki's boots and she pulled her jacket tighter around her as she walked off the boat and entered the Northern Water Tribe. She then looked up and stared in wonder at the magnificent ice palaces. They were glistening in the morning light and she wondered how long it must have taken to carve the detailed biuldings. The Fire Nation Capital was nothing like this; her home was beautiful as well, but this large ice city was like nothing Rotuki had seen before.

Rotuki had just begun her journey of discovering the world. She had lived in the fire Nation Capital all her life until her brother had set off in pursuit of the pirates thay murdered their father. She sold the many family heirlooms she owned for money and started her journey.

She walked along the pathways and gaped at the boats that passed by her in the waterways of the city. Rotuki then realized that boats must be the fastest mode of transportation in the Northern Water Tribe and waited by one of the docks. A few minutes passed a sure enough, a large canoe then parked itself next to the ice-dock and Rotuki hopped in excitedly. There was another passenger in the boat and they looked friendly so the she waved the them thinking that it would be nice to have a friend in this beautiful city.
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

EXP : 230
Birthday : 1996-07-20

Character Description
Position: Vice chieftess of the water tribe?
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Crunch. Crunch.

Jiang's trench coat was keeping him warm, even though he kept it open. He thought it looked cool flowing in the wind. The young man had traveled form his home in the earth kingdom to the Northern Water Tribe, to learn water bending.

He saw the boats in the waterways and figured that was the easiest it was the way to travel. He got on one of the large canoes. A couple minutes later, a girl came into the canoe. She was about 2 years younger than him, and didn't seem to be from around here. She waved at him. He waved back. "Hello there!" He said, with a simile on his face. "Name's Jiang! What's yours?
(So... Short...)
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:15 pm

"Hi, Jiang. It's nice to meet you. My name's Rotuki," Rotuki smiled. She then noticed that the man looked a year or two older than her and must be a traveler as well. He didn't look native to the Water Tribe.

"You don't look like you're from around here. Where are you from?" She hoped the man didn't think she was prying too much, she was merely curious. Rotuki greatly enjoyed talking to strangers, especially after the long, not to mention lonely, journey to the Northern Water Tribe.

(No worries, I don't mind short!)
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:22 pm

"Well then, hello Rotuki." Jiang said. "I'm from the Earth Kingdom, Kyoshi Island to be exact. I came to the pole to learn waterbending." He didn't mention that he couldn't bend water. She also looked out of place in the Water Tribes.

"You don't seem to be form around here either" He said smiling brightly. "You look too... Fire Nation?" He was normally good at guessing these sort of things. It had been a long trek for him as well, and it was always nice to meet someone not trying to off you."Tell me, why did you come to the COLDEST PLACE ON EARTH?" Jiang make sure to emphasize the words coldest place on earth. If it had not been to train, he would have never been here, and it he thought it was interesting as to why a little girl would come all the way out here.
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Rotuki smiled as he guessed her nationality correctly. "Yep, I am from the Fire Nation and to be honest I don't really know why I am here. The Northern Water Tribe is someplace I've always wanted to see," Rotuki's dream was to travel the world and discover new places.

The girl then thought over the man's words. "Hmm, you are a water bender from the Earth Kingdom? I don't mean to be nosy but, are your parents water benders?" Rotuki has never seen a water bender in action before and would love if Jiang could demonstrate for her.
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:51 pm

"Hmm, you are a water bender from the Earth Kingdom? I don't mean to be nosy but, are your parents water benders?" She asked.

"Actually, my father is an earthbender, and my mother was a fire bender, but I've almost mastered earthbending and I'm unable to do it, and I doubt I can firebend. I want to learn all four elements, like the avatar, but I can't bend." He said, his simile starting to look awkward.

"I sound crazy don't I?" He asked.
(Sorry, didn't have much time)
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:54 am

(Don't worry about it!)

Rotuki listened to Jiang and was pretty impressed that someone could have such a strong passion for something they were unable to do.

"No, you don't sound crazy, you just sound dedicated. I've heard that warriors who have studied elements that weren't natural to them actually helped them greatly in battle. I suppose it would help you understand your enemy's strategy," The girl wondered what it would be like to train herself in all four elements and came to the conclusion that it would take a VERY long time. In that moment, Rotuki gained a lot of respect for Jiang.

"Jiang, how long have you been training?" Rotuki asked the man curiously.
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:31 am

"No, you don't sound crazy, you just sound dedicated. I've heard that warriors who have studied elements that weren't natural to them actually helped them greatly in battle. I suppose it would help you understand your enemy's strategy," She said.

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" Jiang exclaimed. He was happy that someone understood. Most people thought he was crazy or obsessed.

"Jiang, how long have you been training?" Rotuki asked

"I've been training with earth for while, probably about 8 years." He said I've also had some training with air and fire, but not much." He open his coat revealing four Tonfa blades. "I've been training with swords my whole life."
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 am

Rotuki felt her jaw drop. "8 years?! And that was just for one element!" Then Jiang revealed his Tonfa blades.

"Wow, they are beautiful!" Rotuki herself prefered hand to hand combat over bending. She was a fire bender, but she was always far from excelling in that field. When she was eleven, she began training with her daggers but she was forced to pause her training to travel.

"Did you create them yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:36 pm

"Wow, they are beautiful!" Rotuki said."Did you create them yourself?"

"Thanks, they're all my work. Even that one." Jiang said, looking at his Nodachi. "I sold some my creations, so who knows, those dagger you have could have been made by me or my mother. She was an even better blacksmith, according to my father."

"So were are you going?"
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm

"Wow," Breathed Rotuki. She was beyond stunned. "That's amazing!" Not only did Jiang master Earth Bending and swords, he was a blacksmith! And an amazing one at that! There as just something off about his words, though.

"She was an even better blacksmith, according to my father."

'According to his father,' Rotuki thought over and wondered if Jiang ever knew his mother but decided against asking him in fear of being rude. After all, it wasn't her business. Rotuki was just longing for someone who was like her, for she never had seen her mother. The girl shook it off and was brought back to reality.

"Wha - Oh! I was headed to the complex where I'm staying when the canoe's caught my eye and I gave in to my curiousity." She laughed at her immaturity. "I probably should have visited there first to make sure I had somewhere to stay tonight. Well, what about you? Where are you headed?
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

EXP : 417
Birthday : 1992-04-14

Character Description
Position: Water Tribe Navy/ Special Task Force

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 pm

((Mind if I joined in?))
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:21 am

(Not at all!)
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:33 am

Karnok enjoyed chaperoning his mother around the city. Mainly because it allowed him to use slow and controlled waterbending while traversing the canals - a technique that he rarely practiced on his own due to his personal frustrations. The two were on their way back from the market place, with their vessel fully stocked with foods and herbs, the later of course for his mother's infirmary, and spent the majority of their trip slightly behind another canoe that had been boarded by what looked like visiting travelers.

"Pull up a little closer, hun," Karnok's mother - Takya ((Tah-kai-ah)) - asked him.

"Mother, I wish you would quit eavesdropping on strangers' conversations," he replied, rolling his eyes. Nevertheless, he did what she requested and, with a sharp flick of his wrists, sped the canoe up just slightly enough to pull up alongside the other.

"Pardon me," Takya said sweetly to the visitors, "I hope you don't think too rudely of me, but I hear your visiting our wondrous city and in need of a place to stay. It just so happens that I am an inn keeper, and have plenty of room for the both of you, should you want it."

She was a woman of average height and stature, whose dark brown hair betrayed her age with streaks of grey. She wore the same thick blue coats and garments as most of the other females of the water tribes, with the exception of her necklace being an emerald green instead of light blue. Having not yet turned fifty, she wasn't considered elderly, but the folds that were beginning to appear on her face told the world she wasn't young anymore either. Her voice was kind and sweet, which reflected her personality, but contained a strength to it which allowed others to tell that she had great power and was not a person to be trifled with.

Karnok smiled at the two to be polite, but focused on his bending and let his mother work her charismatic advertising skills.
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 am

Rotuki was pulled from her thoughts as a canoe drifted along side of her's and the woman began speaking to her and Jiang. There was also a water tribe man who was guiding the boat. She was a very kind lady, offering two strangers a place to reside.

That would be wonderful!" Rotuki smiled at the pair in the canoe. "May I ask how much it is to stay per night?" She had a good amount of money but she wanted to make sure it would last her a while.
Back to top Go down
Wuliao
Wuliao

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Jiang was about to answer her when a woman and a man came up to them and started talking to them. They looked to be from him.

"Pardon me," Takya said sweetly to the visitors, "I hope you don't think too rudely of me, but I hear your visiting our wondrous city and in need of a place to stay. It just so happens that I am an inn keeper, and have plenty of room for the both of you, should you want it."

"There I guess." He said laughing. He was sure that he could afford it, after all, the swords he sold were top quality and worth a lot of money.

He turned to the innkeeper. "Were is this inn?" He asked
(Sorry, I'm feeling terrible today)
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 am

"My son and I would gladly take you there," she replied, "and it is very cheap, only five silver pieces a night." She looked to Karnok who nodded to her silent request.

The two both made identical pushing motions with their palms and the water between the two canoes froze, combining the vessels.

"This will make it easier for me son here to steer both of us at once," the woman explained and as she did, Karnok moved to stand on the ice platform so he could bend equally on both sides of the raft. "Oh, goodness me," she continued with a laugh. "My name is Takya Werrtak, and this is my son Karnok." He smiled and gave a curteous nod at the mention of his name. "It's a pleasure to meet you both."
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 am

"It's nice to meet you guys," Rotuki said and smiled. Karnok and Takya were saving Rotuki a long search for an inn later that night and for that, she was extremely grateful. The girl then watched as Karnok began to water bend both canoes through the waterways gracefully and with ease.

"Thank you so much, I really appriciate it." For once, she was glad that someone had overheard her conversation.

(My apologies, I'm running out the door!)
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 pm

"It is no trouble at all," Takya replied. She didn't let on, however that she was actually ecstatic that she was getting customers for the first time since the Earth/ Air War had ended.

"So what brings you to the North Pole?" Karnok asked after a few minutes of silence. He realized he may have spoken a little rudely, but his mother - as always - covered for him. "You'll have to excuse him, he sometimes has a hard time shaking off his military mode; even when he's on leave." She glanced back at Karnok, who nodded sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Rotuki nodded; she understood that it must be tough. She then gave thought to his question. To be honest, she had no idea what she was doing at the North Pole! She was just a traveler starting her journey across the globe and this was her first stop.

"Well, I guess what brought me here was my curiosity. I have always wanted to see the Northern Water Tribe." The girl then got lost in her imaginatio where she traveled all over the world, exploring new places and discovering new locations. She sighed dreamily and then turned to Karnok and Takya.

Are you natives of the Northern Water Tribe? It must be amazing to have grown up here!" 'Although, a bit cold,' she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

"Well sweetie, I was born in the Southern Tribe, but my family moved up here when I was a little girl," Takya explained. "I do sometimes miss the quiet life of the south - especially as I grow older - but I can't say I had a dull childhood." She let out a soft, quick chuckle then gestured towards her son. "Karnok, on the other hand has spent his whole adolescent life here." She turned to look at him, "How would you say your youth was, dear?"

"It was fun. Played in the snow a lot and studied all the other time."

"That's true - well, mostly," Takya agreed, finishing her sentence in a whisper to her guests. "He earned himself recognition as a brilliant scholar in school and practiced his archery and waterbending as much as he could. I'm actually surprised it took him two whole years before he tried to combine the two." She laughed again, and Karnok's face flushed a very subtle red. "But anyway, that all changed at his waterbending graduation, where his attention became solely devoted to-"

"Mother, we're home," Karnok interrupted as he pulled their makeshift raft up to a small ice platform. The platform rested at the base of a large wall that could only be overcome by ascending a small icy staircase that was only wide enough for two people - at best. The stairs led to the back of a large house, almost four times the size of the surrounding homes. Karnok assisted his mother in getting on shore, and the two of the placed their groceries at the base of the wall. Using alternating motions, they raised their hands upwards to move a block of ice the supplies were sitting on up the wall and to the main level.

"It beats carrying them up the stairs," Takya explained. "Would you like us to send up any of your belongings?"
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am

Rotuki felt her jaw drop as they aproached the grand ice-house. It was enormous and beautiful. She then watched as the two water benders pulled ashore and took care of their groceries water bending style and couldn't help but chuckle. 'Oh, the advantages of being a water bender,' She thought.

"It beats carrying them up the stairs," Takya explained. "Would you like us to send up any of your belongings?"

"Oh, that's okay. Everything I have in here in my bag," Rotuki patted her brown backpack. She stood up carefully and wobbled as she stuck her arms out of catch her balance. Once she regained a somewhat normal composture, she took a step into the ice-dock and her tongue poked out in concentration as she focused not to slip.

THUD! The next thing she knew, she was on her butt sliding slightly across the ice platform. She blushed and picked herself back up with extra caution.

"I'm not too good with ice.." She stratched the back of her neck awkwardlfy.

~~~~~
((Hey, guys. Just thought I just let you know that I might not be able to make new posts for the next week, give or take a few days. I'll try to hop on New Chapters as much as I can, though!))

Last edited by Rotuki on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

((It's no problem, thanks for the heads up though))

"Oh dear, it would seem not," Takya laughed gently while she took Rotuki by the arm. You just hold on to me sweetie and Karnok will take care of the ice."

Karnok nodded and stood in in front of the stairs. He held out his arms with his fists clenched and slowly spread out his fingers. As he did, the smooth steps grew rough and uneven.

"By making the ice not-smooth, it allows for more friction for your feet so that you won't lose you balance so easily," Takya explained. "I have to do this more often as I get older." She laughed a little then began to ascend the steps behind Karnok, while still holding on to Rotuki's arm.
Back to top Go down
Rotuki
Rotuki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 pm

((I apologize, I wasn't able to get on for a while, but I am back!))

"Thanks,"Said Rotuki as she grabbed hold of Takya's arm tightly. She then watched Karnok ice-bend the ice beneath them as well as the stairs so that the surface was rough instead of glassy smooth.

"By making the ice not-smooth, it allows for more friction for your feet so that you won't lose you balance so easily," Takya explained. "I have to do this more often as I get older."
Rotuki chuckled. Takya was right, though. It was far easier to walk up the stairs this way. A thought then popped into Rotuki's head.

"Do you two travel much?" She was surprised at the difference between life in the Fire Nation Capital and the Northern Water Tribe. It was the little things that were so different that were throwing her off, such as transportation, clothes, and even food. (And don't forget walking!)
Back to top Go down
Karnok
Karnok

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:28 pm

"You know, sweetheart, I really wish I could say yes, but sadly my only travel was the one time from the South to North Pole. Karnok, however, gets to see quite a bit of the world with all of his military work," Takya said with a smile.

"You were always busy with work though, mom," Karnok poked with a glance over his shoulder. "She's the best healer in the tribe," he explained to the others, "so she's always had at least one patient to look after, no time to go anywhere. But I've been trying to get her to take some time off lately."

"None of my students have adopted the rejuvenating water message techniques yet," Takya protested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale of a Traveler [Open]   Tale of a Traveler [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tale of a Traveler [Open]
Page 1 of 1