The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You were always on my mind...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryo
Ryo

EXP : 950
Birthday : 1997-07-28

Character Description
Position: foot soilder
Nation: Fire Nation

You were always on my mind... Empty
PostSubject: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Home. Finally, home!

Ryo jumped off the ramp of a small fire nation navel ship, feet hitting the dock with a slam. Ryo let out a sigh, breathing in the smell of the spices and crackling fires. Travelling the world for so long, Ryo almost forgot the smell of home. In celebration of his return, Ryo had made an efoort with his appearance, making sure his soilder's uniform was neat and tidy. Ryo was meeting his parents later on that day, and he really didn't want the first thing his mother said to him in two years was 'Ryo, can't you be clean for once?'

"Ryo, move it! I wanna actually get OFF the ship!" Mazugo yelled, laughing. Ryo snaped out of his day dream and moved for his fellow soilder and best friend, also laughing. Mazugo was a small young man with a rather skinny body, his soilder's uniform looked baggy and wrinkly on him.

"Hey! We got back in time for the dragon festival! woohoo! great timing aye Azumi?" Said Hano; another one of Ryo's friends and fellow soilders, nugding Azumi. Azumi grunted and looked away in boredom.

Ryo laughed again, rolling his eyes at Hano and Azumi. Azumi was one of the only female soilders Ryo had ever incountered. She wore the same uniform as the others, but she often wore bright red lipstick, and a scowl on her face. Ryo happened to know that Hano had quite a big crush on Azumi, and used it to his advantage often.

The group of soilders worked down the long streets of Ember island, the lights and decerations already being put up for the festival. Ryo was not much of a fan of the dragon festival, to romancy for his liking.

Mazugo smirked and elbowed Ryo in the side, brown eyes twinkling mischiviously. "We should hit the festivals! would be fun! eat some food! meet some girls..." Mazugo winked. Ryo laughed again at his friend, running his hand over his spicky ebony hair. "Nah, I might miss this one guys. I'm not a big fan of the dragon festival." He shrugged.

Mazugo's smirk grew. "Oh, that's right, I forget you have that water tribe girlfriend! Can't have you cheating on her, can we? whats her name? Nolla? Konna?"

Ryo felt his cheeks grow hot. Ryo shot a death glare at Mazugo, golden eyes harsh. "It's Nakkoa, and she isn't my girlfriend, just a friend!" Ryo hissed warningly. Hano and Mazugo laughed at Ryo, knowing it was a sensitive topic. Azumi, on the other hand, looked like she was about to explode.

"Oh, Nakkoa! my bad!" Mazugo siad sarcasticly, still laughing. Ryo felt his jaw tighten, his short temper about to blow. "Come off it, Mazugo..." Ryo warned again, really not wanting to talk about this. "Well, you do write her alot Ryo!" Hano chimmed, "And you look at her funny, an-OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" Hano was intrupted by Azumi slamming her foot into his, crushing his toes.

Azumi rolled her eyes and stormed off, without saying a word.

Ryo watched her go, baffled. What was that about? she always got like that when the other guys teased Ryo about Nakkoa.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

EXP : 925

Character Description
Position: Admiral
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 pm

"The Dragon Dance Festival will be held in six days time, right where Agni descends and Yue will rise. You know we have these things every year Captain, and I know every year you'll show up somehow. But I'm letting you know that this time it's taking place on Ember Island. Hope to see you there!"

-Your comrade, Sergeant Kazuhiro.

Nakkoa rolled up the thin scroll and tucked it away in the pocket of her blue vest. She swung her legs to and fro against the hull of the ship, a firm grip on the railing she was perched on. She hummed to herself in time to the water's rhythm as it sprayed her with it's sea salt, shoes included. The vessel cut through the warm Fire Nation at a break necking speed, causing Nakkoa's waist length ponytail to flap wildly in the wind.

"Captain Nakkoa-"

"Oi, what is it Lieutenant Lokni?"
Lieutenant quirked a brow at his superior and shook his head, "Reporting that we are pulling into the island's southwest harbor Captain." His gaze lingered on her for a moment and she raised an eyebrow.

"C-Captain...should you really be...um....sitting on the ship's edge? It's really...."
"Dangerous?"Nakkoa finished with a knowing smile. The Lieutenant sweatdropped in response and cleared his throat, turning away and suddenly finding the Northern Flag extremely interesting. Nakkoa's lips parted, but the soldiers gave out a shriek before she could get a word in edgewise.

"EMBER ISLAND! DOCKING!"
Nakkoa flipped backwards off of the railing and sprinted towards the ship's boarding ramp. She cupped her hands to her mouth and let out a sharp hoot as the vessel anchored at the island's docks. A howl sounded in the belly of the ship as thunderous footfalls barreled through the vessel's interior. Seconds later Kaira burst through the door along with the small crew of soldiers and he bounded all over the place.

"Kaira, come! It's time to go!" Kaira raced over to his master and bumped against her waist, rubbing his massive canine head against her affectionately. She rubbed one of his ears and turned to accept what looked to be a messenger bag from one of her subordinates.

"Now Captain, we've packed you enough provisions to get you through the two weeks you'll be staying here. Here's parchment in case you need to send home any contact early. A few extra chew bones for Kaira, we've given you your allowance for you vacation....so that you don't spend it all. And we've also-"

"OKAY. Thank you."Nakkoa clapped a hand on the man's shoulder and beamed, sometimes she really wondered if she was the one in charge or were they? "Come on you guys, I'm a young adult now! I'm 22, not 4!"

"We only tak precaution Captain," Lieutenant Lokni admitted sternly, "After all you are our Superior and your life is intrusted to us. As are ours to you."

Nakkoa blushed and began her descent down the ramp,"Aww, thanks guys. But I promise I won't burn this place down. I'm going to have fun, not kill anyone and I'll keep you update. And please don't tell my mother. So long crew!" She gave them a mock salute and whistled to Kaira. The two of them raced off toward the teeming island, only turning to wave at the already departing water tribe vessel.

ooOOoo

"Kaira, we've been here for ten minutes and I'm officially bored."

The wolf-lion whined softly and nipped one of her wrists gently, tugging at her fingers.
Nakkoa procured a rolled scroll from her satchel and unfurled it, ghosting her fingers over the familiar handwriting. It was a letter from Ryo, mostly about recent events and updates from his end, and even something about a festival. A faint blush flooded her caramel cheeks and she bit her lip in a nervous smile, she couldn't tell if he was asking her to attend or not because the message had been.....really unclear.

Kaira's ears perked up and he whined again, this time nipping Nakkoa's bag a bit more forcefully this time. Nakkoa's icy blue eyes snapped over to her annoying butt of a beast and she shooed him away. However when he persisted, she followed his pointed nose and spotted the decorated streets.

Nakkoa instantly brightened, "Good idea boy, let's check out the decorations...maybe even get something to eat? What do you say?"

The wolf-lion howled and snatched her satchel in response, racing off down the street. Nakkoa leaped to her feet and hurriedly tucked the scroll into her vest tunic.

"KAIRA! KAIRA GET BACK HERE YOU DIRTY SCOUNDREL! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" She charged down the street after the zig-zagging beast with fists clenched and her ponytail flying, vanishing into the crowds.
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:24 am

Ryo looked over at his friends, then back at Azumi as she walked away. "What's her problem?" He asked Hano and Mazugo, rasing one eyebrow. "I don't know, Ryo. Maybe sea sickness? I better go see if she is okay!" Hano said, standing a little straighter as he spoke, very eager to return to Azumi's side, even if she had most likely broken all of his toes on his left foot. Ryo smirked at Hano, golden eyes twinkling. Mazugo did the same, looking rather smug.

"You do that, Hano, maybe you should ask her out as-WHA!" Ryo was inturpted by a large ball of black fur tackling him to the ground. Kaira whined happyly and licked Ryo's face, clearly overjoyed to see him. Ryo couldn't help himself from laughing, as people on the street stared at the young soilder on the ground, pinned by an over excited wolf-lion.

"What in the avatar's name is it?!?" Hano yelled, jumping back when the wolf-lion had tackled Ryo, a horrified look on his square face. "It is a wolf-lion, you idiot!" Mazugo replied, rolling his eyes. Ryo managed to stand up, half smiling at Kaira, scratching in between the beast's ears. "Not just any wolf-lion, it's Kaira!" Ryo said happyly, expecting Mazugo and Hano to know who that was. But of course they didn't, they both gave Ryo a confuzed look.

"You know, Nakkoa's wolf-lion!" he explained simply, before his golden eyes widened. "She is here! Nakkoa is here..." He whispered to himself, a tone of excitment and nervousness lingering on his voice. Hano and Mazugo both looked at each other, then at Ryo, smirking mischiviously. Usually, Ryo would shake his fist at them angryly and threaten to knock the smug looks of their faces. But instead, he was scanning the crowded streets for Nakkoa, hopeing to see his friend.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Nakkoa doubled over and planted her hands on her knees, panting like a polar-bear dog stampeding across the tundra. She dispersed the thin film of sweat from her brow with a flick of her wrist and blinked just in time to catch Kaira attacking a random citizen. The man toppled to the ground and she cursed under her breath, 'If it ain't one thing it's something else with this darned monster.' Nakkoa stood straight and sprinted down the street. Gathering momentum, she snatched water from the coastal shore and formed a long water whip. When she was close enough, Nakkoa lassoed it around the wolf-lion's neck and yanked him back with one sharp tug.

"Kaira, down!"

Kaira fell over and roared, snarling and baring his fangs furiously. The water lasso remained tight around his thick black mane and jerked him forward. He snapped his jaws again, but upon seeing who was at the other end of the whip he promptly clamped his mouth shut. The wolf-lion's large pointed ears flattened in shame and he covered his eyes with one of his massive paws.

Nakkoa let the water ship splatter to the ground, "Sit." The beast immediately sat on his haunches. Once he was down, Nakkoa checked the few bags that were tied to his deep chested frame and re-secured them. Sighing wearily, the waterbender tugged at Kaira's ears before turning to the random citizen.

"I'm so sorry about that he usually does-RYO?" Nakkoa's head did a spin and her mouth went slack. She raised a tentative hand and pointed at him, her lips parting and closing and then doing the whole "wash, rinse, repeat". Kaira's tail thumped against the ground enthusiastically and he gave a yip, before being silenced by his master's glare.

Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

"I'm so sorry about that he usually does-RYO?" Ryo heard Nakkoa say, a wide smile instantly appearing on his face, never being so happy to see someone. "Hey Nakkoa..." He grinned, rubbing the back of his neck, hoping like hell his uniform wasn't covered in dirt.

Mazugo laughed at Ryo's sudden self conisousness, and Hano also joined in. But Ryo didn't seem to notice, he was to lost in Nakkoa's eyes, the golden swimming in thge depths of her blue. Mazugo rolled his eyes and forced a cough, to let Ryo know that he and Hano were still there. Ryo blinked a couple of times to snap himself out of it, before looking from his friends to Nakkoa, grinning. "Ah, Nakkoa, this is Mazugo and Hano!" Ryo, stop smiling, you look like an idiot! Ryo thought to himself, his embarresment growing.

Mazugo gave Nakkoa a small bow and Hano did the same, before looking worriedly over at Azumi, who was watching them from a near by food stall. Azumi had her shoulder length black hair out, sending a harsh glare at Nakkoa without realizing it herself. "Pleased to meet ya' captain Nakkoa!" Mazugo said, a smirk crawling onto his thin lips. "Ryo talks an awful lot about you!"

Ryo felt his cheeks go hot at Mazugo's comment, his short temper about to blow. Please, PLEASE don't ruin this for me Mazugo... Ryo thought himself, glaring at his friend. "Heh heh, arn't you funny Mazugo..." Ryo said hustyly, punching Mazugo in the arm. The punched look like a playful gesture, but Ryo purosely hit him hard, warning him to keep his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Nakkoa crossed her arms and quirked her brow, expression clearly amused at Ryo's blatant discomfort. She returned Mazugo and Hano's bows with a customary Water Tribe one, acknowledging their showcase of respect with her own. The muscle between her shoulder blade itched and out of habit she scanned her surroundings through her peripherals.

'Odd, feels like someone's watching me.'

"Oh really has he?" She asked, "Better be nothing but good things I hope, right Ryo?" Kaira, who was still stationed beside Nakkoa without moving so much as an inch, gave a sharp bark. Nakkoa looked down at him and he eyed her with a knowing glare. Her cheeks turned a subtle shade of red and she looked away indignantly.

"Shutup Kaira, that's not the point."

She cleared her throat awkwardly and glazed over the shifting masses of people on the street. 'This must be the busiest part of the island, where the festival's going to be held.I don't even know where I am right now, it's been so LONG since I've been to the Fire Nation.'

"Wait, Ryo I thought you were still stationed at an outpost somewhere?" She asked, taking one of the bag's from Kaira's saddle and slinging it over her own back. The bag had to weigh at least that much of a nice-sized midget, yet the load hardly phased her.

"I'm surprised you got back into town early, you guys here for the Dragon Festival too?"
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Ryo laughed and nudged his friend Nakkoa playfully. "Yea, don't worry, it was only good stuff..."He shot her his charming half smile. Mazugo rolled his eyes at Ryo, and Hano was still staring at Azumi like a love sick puppy. Azumi was still glaring at Nakkoa, jelousy boiling inside of her. Ryo never looked at Azumi like that, ever.

Ryo smiled at Nakkoa, happy she asked about his reason to be home. "We are on a leave of absence of the festival!" He said happily, impulsively putting his arm around her in excitement. "You should hang around with us for the celebrations! so we can catch up!"

Azumi saw Ryo put his arm around Nakkoa, and that was the last straw. She stormed over to the group of soilders and the waterbender, arms crossed. "Ryo, who is...that?" She asked, her voice shaking just a little. Hano loked over at Azumi with concern, knowing she was upset by the sound of her voice.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Kaira flattened his ears to his skull and snarled at the woman, Azumi, in warning as she stormed over. He rose on all fours and glared at her menancingly, reaching his full height which was actually the same level as Nakkoa's shoulder.....and that woman was pretty tall in her own right. Nakkoa grabbed a fistful of the wolf-lion's mane and held him in a firm grip, her expression devoid of any amusement. The waterbender merely raised an eyebrow toward the obviously furious woman and shrugged Ryo's hand from around her shoulder.

"That's-"

"That's Captain Nakkoa to you," Someone interjected, words spinning like fine silk, "One of the top-ranking soldiers from the North, and one of my dearest friends." Nakkoa released her grip on Kaira's mane and craned her neck behind her. Blue eyes fell on the familiar twinkling of deep gold and her lips split into a wide grin, mimicking the dashingly mischievous one on the stranger's. He stood behind the ragtag group of peers in traditional army attire, complete with the crest of the Fire Nation as well as his rank indication. His long brown hair was pulled back into a topknot whilst the rest was left hanging freely along his backside. He raised his eyebrows quickly in amusement and smiled.

"Well if it isn't the Sergeant," The captain countered, slugging him in the shoulder, "Didn't think you'd show your face around these parts Kazuhiro."
Kazuhiro rubbed his arm and glared at Nakkoa incredulously,""Well, seeing as I DID in fact write that letter for you, inviting you and your entire squad for the occasion, wouldn't it behoove me to show respect by welcoming you from the docks?" He locked eyes with her and they glared at each other defiantly; Nakkoa folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Well you're pretty late, Private Ryo and the rest of his crew already beat you to it, so I don't need you as my welcoming party."

At the mention of Ryo's name, Kazuhiro broke his glaring contest with Nakkoa and took some time to size-up the bunch that was with her. He recognized them instantly. The sergeant raised a mental eyebrow at the other soldier, Asako wasn;t it? Akemi? Achika? Salami or something? Her lips were pressed in a scowl and, as he guessed, might have been directed towards Nakkoa.

His thoughts reverted back to the scene before he'd made his dynamic entrance and he remembered the Private slithering his arm around the captain. Kazuhiro's predatory gaze slid from Ryo, to Azumi, to the others, and finally back to Nakkoa.

"I see." He finally supplied. Glancing again at the private, Kazuhiro smiled genuinely and clapped his hands together.

"I couldn't help but over-hearing that you all were planning to attend the festival yes? Why don't we all go together? Captain I could even give you a tour of the island since you haven't been here since you were what.......ten years old?"

Nakkoa gave him a flat look, ""Just get on with it; you guys coming?" Kaira gripped the sleeve of Ryo's jacket and jerked his head in an effort to tug him along, snarling at least once to Azumi before attempting to drag the rest of them toward the festival.

Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 am

Ryo was a little disapionted Nakkoa had removed his arm. Curse his stupid impulsiveness! Why did he always look like such an idiot around one, one particular girl! Ryo turned and glared at Azumi, why was she being so rude? well...ruder than usual.

Ryo was about to give Azumi a telling off and introduce Nakkoa, when a young man's voice cut in. Ryo new that voice as well, but not fondly like Nakkoa. Ryo crossed his arms and tightened his jaw, looking at the high ranking officer.

Kazuhiro most likely didn't know who Ryo was, or even cared. The sergent was dressed in casual attire that looked kind of expenisive, nothing a poor farm boy like Ryo could afford. For the first time in his life, being around Nakkoa made Ryo feel ashamed that the only set of clothes he owned was his uniform.

Ryo took a few odd steps away from Nakkoa and glared at Kazuhiro. He and Nakkoa clearly had history. Before he could stop himself, for no good reason he could feel jelously boiling up inside of him. Ryo sent a harsh cold glare at Kazuhiro. For Ryo, every thought or emotion he ever felt was reflected in his golden eyes, and that glare said it all.

Mazugo and Hano looked from Azumi, to Nakkoa, to Hazuhiro, to Ryo, and back again. Hano felt his stomach drop when he figured out what was going on here. Hano, was not surprized, he kind of knew it would be like that. Azumi loved Ryo, ever since he saved her life. He was better in everyway, and Hano was just...well...plain.

"I might go find somewhere to stay..." Hano mumbled, sighing and taking one last look at Azumi before walking in the opsite direction. Ryo watched his friend go, genuinely worried about him. He was about to walk after him when Kaira tugged at his sleeve. Ryo sighed at thought that Hano was a grown man, he could look after himself right?

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming Kaira!" He chuckled before walking with Nakkoa and Kazuhiro. Ryo thought he needed to keep his eye on this segeant.

Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 am

Kazuhiro's smoldering eyes flitted from his old friend to Ryo's. The infernal glare was very much there, the sergeant didn't mistake that. However he merely responded in kind with a slight narrowing of his eyes and he turned away. If Nakkoa was perp;exed by his actions she didn't show it, instead she crossed her arms and waited for one of them to lead the way.

Kazuhiro quirked an eyebrow, "Something the matter Captain?"

Nakkoa gave him a withering glare, "No, but it will be if you don't quit stalling and shove off lady-man." Her tone was even, but there was an undercurrent of telltale irritation that laced her words. Kazuhiro bit back the urge to smirk at the faint spark and turned away from the group, walking forward.

Meanwhile Kaira had placed himself as a wedge between Azumi, Ryo, and Nakkoa. He glanced over at the latter girl every now and then warily, his bushy tail bristling every once in a while as he assessed her. Nakkoa kept her pace up with the group with her arms folded, devouring the landscape of ember island with her vibrantly colored eyes.

"No way, they tore down the sand dune castle by the beach?"

"Unfortunately," Kazuhiro frowned, "It was the Judge's idea. I was quite fond of that sand dune castle, especially when the elite firebender would hit it with lightning and-"

"And turn it into glass!" The captain finished, eyes glued to the structure that had once been, but was nevermore. She whirled around to face Ryo, Azumi and Mazugo.

"There used to be a massive sand dune sculpture right there down by the beach. And every summer, sandbenders would build it and during the night of the fireworks the elite firebenders of the island would strike it with lightning. All you would see were sparks flying everywhere, and a glistening glass master piece would stand in its place."

Kazuhiro regarded his best friend with a smirk and nudged her, "Careful Captain, you might find yourself getting stuck in memory lane."

"Shut it lady man."

Nakkoa slugged him in the shoulder again and he winced. Rubbing his arm once again, he glanced down a random street way and looked at the group. Cursing himself mentally, he procured a card with a hawk seal on the cover and handed it to Nakkoa.

"This is short notice, but I must be off. Official business to attend to before the festival starts. That seal will get you into the Golden Emperor Inn; there's enough to cover the lot of you, even Private Hano should he return to your ranks. I expect you all to enjoy yourself and not to burn the island down while I'm gone. See you around sunset!" Kazuhiro gave a waist-deep customary bow and Nakkoa returned the gesture in kind, waving as he jogged off down the crowded street.

Stiffening suddenly, she turned to face the rest of the group and shrugged, smirking genuinely, "Alright guys, it's been a while since I touched some good Fire Nation soil. Want to kill some time before the festivities start?"
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 am

Ryo glared at Mr.high and mighty Kazuhiro as he walked down the street in his fancy clothes after talking in his fancy mannor. It annoyed Ryo so much to see Nakkoa so close to Kazuhiro, and he really didn't know why. Ryo and Nakkoa were friends, and to Ryo's heart ache, that is all he will ever be in her beautiful blue eyes. Ryo sighed and looked at Nakkoa when she asked about killing some time around the island, hoping like hell she didn't see the growing saddness in his golden eyes. "Yea, sure...sounds fun..." Ryo said, glancing at Nakkoa and giving her a weak half smile, his usually perfect straight back was hunched, his good posture disappearing in his sudden unhappiness.

Mazugo gave Ryo a worried look and so did Azumi, who was trying her best to ignore Kaira the best she could. Azumi was absolutly terrified of wolf-lions, ever since she was attacked by one as a little girl when visiting the northern tribe. "So, were should we hit first? beach?" Mazugo asked happily, trying to do Hano's job and break the ice, since Hano was off sulking about Azumi drooling over Ryo, Mazugo took it apon himself to make conversation.

Ryo sighed and smiled weakly again, "Maybe not the beach, It wou-" Ryo didn't get to finish his snetance, bacause Azumi intupted.

Azumi flipped her should length black silky hair out of her face and finally asked to Ryo's dismay, "What is the matter with you, Ryo, you love the beach!" She said worryingly, looking over at Nakkoa, as if to tell her Ryo not wanting to go to the beach was a bad sign.

Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Nakkoa's eyes snapped over to Ryo the minute his back began to slouch. Judging from the wilt in his voice,he hadn't seemed too keen on having any fun. In fact, as she watched him closely, he just looked downright depressed. His eyes, which usually held a sudden joyous glint, were devoid of just about any, if not all emotion. 'Where's that twinkle that I know and love so much?' She found her lips twisting into a frown and she uncrossed her arms.

This simply would not do.

'Wait....did I just say twinkle??'

Brushing the thought aside, she inched over to the dejected firebender until she was standing right next to him. Glancing over at the others, she settled on Azumi, who's round grey eyes were contrite with worry.....mirroring her own. Clasping her hands behind her back innocently, Nakkoa leaned forward into a semi-bow. She turned her head to the right so that she was looking Ryo right in the eyes, her waist-length ponytail falling over her shoulder, bangs following suit. Kaira, who'd taken a seat in the midst of the all, just twitched his ears and hid his eyes behind his paw.

Whether in shame or embarrassment, no one would know.

The waterbender watched her best friend for a few seconds before crossing her eyes and sticking her tongue out. Straightening suddenly, she gathered air into her cheeks and puffed them out, closing her pouty lips tightly so that she resembled a Fire Chipmunk. Leaning close to the side of his face until hers was practically touching his, she popped her lips over and over again, creating a rhythmic pak!pak!pak! sound.

Kaira groaned from his throat and moved to cover his eyes with both of his paws at this point.

"C'mon Turtledu-," Nakkoa coughed awkwardly and recovered her tracks,"Sparky. I know you. You flock to the beach like a flying lemur to the clouds. If you don't gimme a smile right now....I'm gunna do it." Nakkoa moved her lips away from his ear and faced him, her eyelids lowered suggestively, coupled with an impish smirk. Her fingers were poised and twitched with anticipation, inching toward his neck to do the unthinkable and have him rolling around in laughter
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Ryo tried his best to avoid Nakkoa's eyes as she leaned forward, but with her being so close, that was all he coulds really do. He couldn't help but stare into the beautiful mysterious blue eyes, his golden ones as cold and emotionless as the metal of which his eyes share the colour of. Ryo held her gaze for a momment before looking at his feet. Why was this happening? he thought to himself.

When Ryo looked up again, Nakkoa was pulling a silly face. Ryo knew what she was trying to do, ever time he wasn't feeling good, She would make faces which would always cheer him up. But not this time, and he didn't know why. Ryo resisted the urge to roll his eyes when she stood up straight and squeezed her pretty face untill it resembled a chipmunk.

Azumi and Mazugo just stood there, giving weird looks to Ryo and Nakkoa as if they were both nuts. Some people passing by even gave the waterbender and the firebender strange glances.

Auzumi leaned and whispered into Mazugo's ear, grey eyes still firmly placed on Nakkoa "What on earth is that crazy water tribe chick doing?". Mazugo just shrugged in return to her question.

"C'mon Turtledu-," Nakkoa coughed awkwardly and recovered her tracks,"Sparky. I know you. You flock to the beach like a flying lemur to the clouds. If you don't gimme a smile right now....I'm gunna do it." Azumi raised her eyesbrow at Nakkoa, knowing she almost called Ryo turtleduck.

Ryo's eyes widened when Nakkoa had said that, half in fear and frustration. Ryo glared at Nakkoa, back striaghtening "You wouldn't dare..." He challenged. Nakkoa was one of the few people that knew about his huge weakness, and she was about to use it aginst him. Her fingers inches toward his neak, and Ryo twitched away slightly.

Azumi and Mazugo just looked at them like a pair of crazies.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm

She stiffened visibly and folded her arms, the glower in her eyes the only thing betraying her cool expression. At the moment the waterbender wanted to spray him in the face with a jet from her water skin, but thought better of it. There were more, peaceable ways to get people to do what you wanted them to do, violence wasn't alway the answer.

'Besides,' Nakkoa's muse was apprehensive, 'He doesn't even look like he's in the spirit right about now.'

The captain rounded on the firebender and put about a foot worth of space between them, her contact direct. In this stint she briefly noted that they were practically eye to eye, though he may have had her by a fraction of an inch or so. "You're right," Nakkoa replied, words harsher than she intended them to be, "I wouldn't."

She untangled her arms and cracked her knuclkes slowly, all the while not relinquishing her glare. For a split second, blue eyes flitted over to confused greys and golds; the captain pulled her lips back in a bit of a snarl, giving onlookers a wistful taste of the Wolf's Fang. Though honestly, spirits pray no one ever push her to that edge. Nakkoa remained this way for several seconds before breaking into a....malicious smirk?

"Which is why I'm going to do this instead." Nakkoa pivoted until she was directly behind Ryo and hooked her arms under the crooks of his arm pits. Not even giving a grunt, the waterbender hoisted him in the air and threw him over her shoulder, effectively carrying him.

"Anyone else not in favor of going to the beach?" She questioned with a quirk of a brow.
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Ryo watched as Nakkoa took a challanging step forward, her arms crossed firmly over her cheast. Ryo stood his ground, thinking this was going just alittle far. He was aloud to be unhappy for once, isn't he? Ryo thought it was understandable. Maybe he should go track down Hano and see if he was alright, he looked pretty crushed when he had left.

Azumi felt her back stiffen as the water tribe girl took a step closer to Ryo. For a momment, she thought this Nakkoa chick was going to kiss him. If she had, Azumi didn't know weather she would have broken down in tears or kick Nakkoa in the face.

Ryo was so deep in his thoughts, he was taken be surprizes as Nakkoa pivoted around him and threw him over her shoulder. How embarresing, a soilder being picked up like a child. Ryo blushed furiously. "Nakkoa! please! I am not in the mood for this!" He hissed angryly.

Azumi grinned, for some reason happy Ryo was getting angry at Nakkoa, her grey eyes sparkling. Was there hope after all?
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 pm

She had half a mind to pin his legs down and spin him around in a circle. It reminded her of the way she'd pick up the kids back in her homeland, twirling them around while the snow flurried around their feet. Of course, the children were delighted by it and really enjoyed it.

Ryo the ladyman firebender? Not so much.

'Hmm Koa you think it might be because he's actually a grown man? That could be it you know.' The waterbender nodded absentmindedly and bent herself forward, setting the panicky grump on his feet. She pushed one of her long hair-ties behind her shoulder and eyed him softly. To say that she was a little hurt would be an understatement. 'I don't understand what's up with him. Usually he'd just come out and tell me what's bothering him.' It felt weird, and the small hairs on the back of her neck prickled with uneasiness.

'Am I being alienated?'

Nakkoa's mouth twitched in a fraction of a frown, eyes bereft of any mirth whatsoever. Kaira immediately leaped to his haunches and paced over to his master, eyes ping-ponging between both benders anxiously.

"I don't know what it is that's bothering you," Nakkoa hadn't even realized she was talking aloud, "But whatever it is Ryo....I'm sorry. Here." Long caramel fingers reached into Kaira's saddle-bag and procured a second key to the Golden Emperor Inn. Not waiting for him to respond, she enclosed the key-token in his hand and smiled at him, though it seemed somewhat painful.

"That's the second key to the Inn guys. I'll just go on ahead, kay?" She beamed at the three soldiers cheerfully, her smile a tad too wide. Turning away from them, Nakkoa beckoned her fingers and Kaira bounded forward. Wrapping her fingers gently around his thick mane, the two of them sauntered away from the trio, getting lost in the frenzied crowd.

Several Hours Later

Nakkoa had never felt so alive in her life. Well, actually that would be an understatement, but tonight things felt different. It was the final sunset, the purple speckled sky right after dusk and just before the moon would rise. The summer breeze and the rhythmic beat of the waves against the shore only heightened her spirit, her chi tickling her veins as she felt the water's push and pull.

Had this been any other night, Nakkoa would have normally trotted over to the open waters and submerged herself into some vigorous waterbending katas. However this was no other night, this was the Dragon festival. Pausing in step, Nakkoa relished the respite of the soft winds, kissing the exposed skin of her back. Her dress was cerulean in color and very flowy, mimicking the very waters she manipulated and embracing her shape. Her hair had been pinned to the side and over one shoulder, descending in endless waterfall curls that rolled to her waist. The front of the dress came together in a beautiful tie around the back of her neck, a v-shaped split down the middle of the torso; her arms were left completely exposed, save for a royal blue water tribe bracelet that she wore on her upper arm.

"Alright girl," She huffed, swallowing a lump in her throat, "You're here to have fun, make a few friends and just have a good time. Maybe you'll see Ryo, and maybe you won't."

Kaira yipped and followed along, sporting his best water tribe collar with a blue crest dangling from it. He trotted alongside his master full of pride, content with being her "date" to the festival.

As they neared, she repeatedly swallowed the dry lump in her throat and rubbed her left arm self-consciously. The music had already bombarded their ears and her companion was going crazy with all of the sights, sounds and smells. Nakkoa honestly wanted to have a good time, but she couldn't help but think about Ryo and how depressed he was earlier.

'What if I....what if I'd done something wrong?'

"Yip!"

She was shaken from her musings and nudged in the leg. Kaira pointed northward and swished his bushy tail. He continued on and implored his master to follow suit, which she did. Each step and her foot felt like it was weighed down with lead. She felt the lump rise again and forced it down, they were three steps away when she spotted a familiar trio.

Her muscles had the audacity to nearly freeze up.

Kaira gave a short, gruff bark.

Nakkoa waved from a far off and cupped her hands to her mouth, "Hey guys!"
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Ryo felt utterly miserable. Mazugo had to force him to come to this stupid festival in hope it would brighten his spirits. They had found Hano at a bar, drunk. As soon as Ryo had walked in, Hano had glared, spitting harsh, cold words from his mouth, saying Ryo's name had a bad taste. So Hano hated him, great. Mazugo nudged Ryo, senting his train of thought of it's rails. "Come on, Ryo! cheer up! you where fine untill that Kazuhiro guy showed up..." Mazugo said, about to buy some thing spicy on a stick.

Ryo almost crindged at that Kazuhiro's name, the rich, fancy, well educated young man. He was smart, and talked nice and Ryo thought he would have never known what it was like to go hungry some nights, and being so poor you couldn't go to the doctors when you were sick. But he was a good guy, he was perfect for Nakkoa. Kazuhiro was everything Ryo could never be. Ryo looked down at himself, ashamed. He didn't have anything nice to wear to the festival, so he just wore his uniform, making sure it was nice and clear and tidy, just in case he saw Nakkoa.

Again, his thoughts came back to Nakkoa.

Why did she have such a hold on him? Face it Ryo, you love her, and you are no good for her, you are just a foot soilder... He thought to himself. Love stinks, and that was all that there was to it.

"Hello Ryo..." Someone said, breaking his deep thinking once again. He looked up from his feet, where he had been stareing for the past minute or two, to see Azumi. She, unlike him, was not in uniform. Azumi's hair was done up in a elegant black bun, her grey eyes magnified with dark eyeliner and purple eyeshadow. She wore a small, red silk dress showing off her legs, it had a low cut neck designed to show alot of her breasts. Ryo didn't know what to say. He wanted to completement her politely, but something, rather someone, cought his eye.

Nakkoa was standing a few meters away, waving, and Ryo's heart skipped a beat. She looked magnificent, her lush chocolate curls tumbled down her side like a waterfall, Her figure perfectly framed in a flowy cerulean dress. Ryo hand to force himself to keep his jaw from dropping.

Azumi saw the way Ryo was looking at Nakkoa, and in a fit of jelously, without warning; She pressed a soft kiss onto Ryo's lips, having to go on her tippytoes to reach him.

Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 am

"Ryo!" She called, teeming with excitement, "Ryo I-"

Time pulled to a stand still.

Nakkoa stopped mid-step, her sandals skidding from the friction in the warm pavement and her hand dangled in the air. She brought her arm down in a languid motion, almost as if she was swimming through water at that moment. A girl, whom upon further inspection was Azumi, appeared from out of nowhere and popped up next to the firebender. With speed that rivaled a sparrowkeet the latter girl had planted herself before Ryo and pressed her lips against his. Though it was only for a moment, the event unfolded at the pace of a lifetime.

"Cant believe you made it." She finished lamely, more to herself than anything. She felt something warm and fuzzy pressing against her hand and looked down, spotting Kaira who was watching her with worrisome eyes.

She smiled at him, "Good job Kai, you found 'em! He seems to be doing fine, let's round, kay buddy?" The wolf-lion whined in protest and pressed his muzzle against her side, pleading for her not to leave. Nakkoa patted him on his head regardless and glanced back at the two, waving at them quickly before turning in another direction. Her pace started off slow, but once a few festival goers passed her by she broke into a brisk walk.

Inside she felt like week old trash.

"Ryo's a grown man, what do I care what he does?" She blinked her eyes fiercely and frowned. By now she and Kaira were in the heart of the island, surrounded by bright archyway lights, floating lanterns and everything festive in between. Nakkoa was perched on the rim of one of the grand fire fountains, one leg crossed over the hand. One of her hands gently stroked Kaira's head while the other lazily twisted and twirled a small stream of the fountain's water.

"You care because you're a fool Nakkoa. You thought it would be different this time, stupid as always." A contrail of water spiraled up from the fountain and landed back in the water with a gentle plop. The surface rippled, and the waterbender peered into her reflection, blue eyes staring back at her. She dipped her finger in the surfaced and watched it ripple again, this time she saw two faces: She and Ryo, doubling over in laughter from a memory her mind couldn't care to share with her at present.

'I'm confused, so confused. Nothing makes sense anymore; I don't understand why Ryo's really affecting me like this. He's my bestfriend, and I'm worried about him. But, caring about him.....this just....the lines are all a blur....'

"What are we anyway? Are we even friends, or are we more?" The question hung in the air, unanswered. Though, recalling what happened not so long ago, she came to her bitter judgment.

Ryo had someone now, and she was no longer in the picture. But really, had she ever been?

"No.? Yes? I don't KNOW we're just friends!"

"Of course we are Koa, actually we're best friends."

The water rippled again and displayed her reflection, and, this time instead of Ryo laughing by her side, Kazuhiro was standing behind her with a genuine smile. The waterbender faced him and flashed him a small smile, taking in his dapper casual outfit and his over-all clean cut look. As usual, Kazuhiro's hair was done up in a topknot while the rest of it hung freely. His pants were a dark maroon, and the vest he wore was crimson with gold trimming, exposing his well defined chest.

"Right Kazu. Jeez, ever heard of wearing a shirt?"

Kazuhiro smirked and sat next to Nakkoa, rolling his eyes, "No. You know how it is in the Fire Nation. It's hot, we dont believe in covering skin here. And you my friend, look absolutely stunning." He nudged her playfully and she stuck her tongue out at him. As quick as it'd gone, the unsettling feeling nestled itself in the pit of her stomach once more and she gave in to a slouch. Ever observant, Kazuhiro tilted his head and gave Kaira a playful pat.

"Koa,everything alright?"

"Yea, just hungry and bored." Lie.

The young firebender clapped his hands together and jerked his head toward the vendors, "Come on then! I know this great noodlery here that'll send you in orbit. And they go heavy on the fireflakes."

Now THAT perked her up. "What?! Oh I'm SO there!"
The firebender grabbed her wrist and took off from the fountain. Nakkoa looked over her shoulder once, as if she were searching for a certain someone to be standing in the crowd.....but she saw no one. Facing forward, she put on the best smile she could muster and followed Kazuhiro back into the heart of the festival. Meanwhile Kaira simply yawned and rose to a stand before trotting around wherever. If Nakkoa needed him, she'd just bark or whistle and he'd be there.
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 am

Ryo intantly pulled away and pushed Azumi away as soon as her lips touched his. "Azumi!" He said in shock, looking over at Nakkoa, who was now about to turn and walk away. Ryo felt his heart sink, and it was replaced with scornful rage. Ryo glared over at Azumi, eyes wide and angry, face bright red in frustration. "AZUMI! DON'T EVER, EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!" He yelled at her, causing some of the passers by who were enjoying the festivities to stare.

Ryo turned on his heel and ran in the direction Nakkoa had gone like a mad man. He cought sight of Nakkoa's beautiful hair blowing in the light breeze. Ryo tried to weave himself through the crowd, but as he ran, the swarm of people thickened. "N-Nakkoa!" He yelled over the hussle and bussle of the festival, hoping with all his soul that she would hear.

Ryo scanned the crowd franticly for anything, her clothes, her hair, her beautiful eyes, but nothing, he had lost her, maybe for good. Ryo let out a deep sigh, he wasn't good enough for her anyway, he was dirt poor, no better then a common street rat.

Ryo let out a angry groan, slamming his fist into a near by brick wall, before burrying his face in his arm, leaning on the wall he just hit. idiot! such an idiot! he said in his head.

Ryo peaked up from his arm for a momment, he could have sworn he had heard her Voice; Nakkoa's voice. Ryo thought he was now hearing things, then he heard it again, she sounded sad, so sad and he knew it was his fault. The way she looked when Azumi kissed him, she looked hurt, why? did she feel the same?

Hope sparked inside of him, and he jumped up from his sad state, scanning the area for Nakkoa, he saw her by the fountain, her beautiful curls acting like a veal to cover her face. But there was another figure. Kazuhiro! what was he doing! Ryo felt rage bubble in the pit of his stomach.

Ryo gritted his teeth when Kazuhiro took her hand, and began to pull her away. Oh hell no. Ryo run after them, and ylled like a crazied lunitic he was. "Nakkoa! don't! please wait!" He pleaded, now he had cought up to them, he gently put his hand on her shoulder, his skin hot like all firebenders. "Please...I can explain..."

Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:53 am

Nakkoa was halfway through the crowd when something soft and warm touched her bare shoulder. Instinctively she whirled around and brought her hand up to pummel whoever it was that tried to grab her. Instead of coming face to face with a jerkbender, she saw someone she didn't think she'd ever see for the rest of the night.

"Ryo??"

She dropped her fist and stared at him openly, complete with a slap mouth and wide eyes. Kazuhiro had gone ahead of her to secure a booth for them in the restaurant while Kaira was nowhere to be seen. It was just the two of them amongst the crowd, a speck of red and blue in a sea of crimsons, maroons, golds and scarlets.

Nakkoa wrung her wrists and averted his gaze, "What are you talking about?" She gave him a confused look and rubbed one of her arms. She was starting to feel flustered again, especially from being in close proximity with all of these people. The accursed lump formed in her throat again and she swallowed dryly; at this point she was sort of uncomfortable with being around Ryo now.

She swallowed again and gave him a small smile, "Hey Ryo, it's okay. You don;'t have to explain you know? It's your life and stuff. I didn't know that you and....uh..Achiko? Akemi? Akira? Were a thing. If I'd have known I wouldn't have done what I did to you today." Nakkoa's mind traveled back to her stint in trying to cheer him up, how close in space she'd been to him and remembering the callous looks the little serpent girl had been giving her. It all made sense now, they were together....and what she'd done had crossed boundaries and was unacceptable. Nakkoa didn't understand how they handled things such as that in the Fire Nation, but in her homeland they were a stickler for monogamous relationships. Those were morals she strongly lived by.

'I didn't know, I'm so sorry Ryo. That was really rude of me. I had no idea....'

"Ryo....are you out of breath-"

"Hm, Private Ryo, how nice it is to see you."

Kazuhiro materialized by the pair and stood next to Nakkoa, blocking her somewhat from Ryo's view. Nakkoa pushed past Kazuhiro and stood off to the side so that could get a better look at them, fingers tapping against her arm. Kazuhiro offered a stick of dango to her and kept the other for himself, not once taking his eyes off of the other firebender.

"I take it you and you're friends are enjoying the festival no doubt? There must be plenty of things to be done, wouldn't you agree?" He raised and eyebrow and regarded Ryo directly, his tone holding a dark undercurrent.

Nakkoa shifted to her other foot and looked between the both of them. Her lip twitching at Kazuhiro's comment, she did not need him acting like a wild monkeyboar right now.

"Kazuhiro, what gives?"

"Nothing Nakkoa, just wondering why farmboy over here keeps trailing after you, like the lost puppy he is." The sargeant popped the first dango ball in his mouth and kept his eyes on Ryo, his face stony and eyes cold.

The tapping of her fingers ceased and her head snapped over to him, "What did you just say?".
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:11 am

Ryo's golden eyes were wide, he was about to tell her that it was not okay, he didn't like Azumi that way, he didn't want Azumi, he wanted Nakkoa, he always has and always will. Ryo opened his mouth to speak, let everything out, when a figure formed out of no where, like a luming ghost.

Kazuhiro.

Ryo's mouth closed and his jaw tightened, standing straight he crossing his arms firmly over his cheast. Kazuhiro's eyes were harsh, he was looking for trouble. Ryo glared back at the man, wishing ever so much to cut the rich git's top knot off for his first comment, but he said nothing. He might be a scumbag, but he was Nakkoa's friend.

"Kazuhiro, what gives?"

"Nothing Nakkoa, just wondering why farmboy over here keeps trailing after you, like the lost puppy he is." The sargeant popped the first dango ball in his mouth and kept his eyes on Ryo, his face stony and eyes cold.

Ryo had held is anger in to that piont, but he couldn't any longer. Kazuhiro said 'farmboy' as if he was below him, that living on a farm was degrading. And he brought Nakkoa into it. He crossed the line there, NEVER bring a fire nation man's feelings into anything, EVER.

Ryo's face went bright red with rage, and like a snake, he striked Kazuhiro in the jaw with one, solid punch. Ryo sent the general flying, it was amazing how Ryo could but so much force into one punch with such ease, as if it was nothing.

"There is advantages of being a 'farmboy' Kazu, for example, being able to hit a grown man down at the age of 4." Ryo said voice trying to stay calm, but it quivered in his anger.

Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 am

Kazuhiro hadn't seen it coming, but Nakkoa had. The subtle twitch in his shoulder and then his fist struck the former's face like a leopard cobra. To Ryo's credit, his punch had actually managed to send the sergeant to the ground. He landed with a thud, holding his jaw and rubbing his hand against it viciously. Heating his palm, Kazuhiro leaned back on his elbows and kicked his leg out in a sweeping arc.

He sent a barrage of flames in Ryo's direction, in an effort to force him back and give him some space. The onlookers who happened to be close by scattered away from them immediately.

Kazuhiro looked over at Ryo stoicly and kept his posture straight, "Pretty nice hook you've got there farmboy. Is that how you landed yourself as a foot soldier?"

"Sergeant Matsumoto, Private Azuma, that's enough!" Nakkoa barked.

Kazuhiro folded his arms across his chest and chuckled, "Really Captain, I mean really. Just look at him, he has nothing else going for him. Nothing extraordinary about him." He wiped the bit of blood trickling from his lip and flicked it to the side. Suddenly dropping into a stance, Kazuhiro snarled and his tone became soft and dangerous.

"It's time you've learned your lesson farmboy, for hitting your superior. Think of this as your first tidbit in learning submission and respecting authority, your own suffering will be your teacher."

Nakkoa's eyes flickered to Kazuhiro, his movements were lightning fast. Not even after one breath of uttering the last word he'd darted towards Ryo at a break neck speed. When he was within less than 6 feet of the soldier he reached behind his back for his hilt. Nakkoa, who'd been following his movements, only had a short window to actually intercept him. Thinking fast, she sprinted after him and called up water from a nearby barrel, wrapping it around her hands. She twirled on her left foot and moved to match his equally blinding speed.

"Consider this an act of mercy for you,you peasant!" Kazuhiro ripped his hand from his hilt, hunter's dagger poised and thrust it forward.

Straight into Nakkoa.

"Glerk......."

The tendrils of water surrounded Kazuhiro's wrist and trailed up to his biceps. Bewildered golden eyes stared into astonished blues as the tendrils jerked backwards and propelled his arms away from her. The blade, originally destined for Ryo, fell from Nakkoa's abdomen with a resounding clang!

"Nakkoa!"

Nakkoa craned her neck to face Ryo before dropping to her knees; hands hitting the ground first to prevent her from getting a face full of dirt and concrete. She coughed and spluttered, chocolate hair falling and mixing in with the dark red of her blood. Kazuhiro scrambled away from her and dashed away from the scene to get a healer, as did a few other onlookers.

She clenched and unclenched her fists in the dirt, trying her best to block out the searing pain of the deep gash right through her middle. 'C-Come on Koa......you've been through w-worse than this....this...this is n-nothing.....'

"R-Ryo........"

Nakkoa craned her neck behind her shoulder again, squinting. She could just about make out the silhouette of Ryo's frame...if that even was him. Black dots swam around her lie of vision and she coughed, something warm and metallic splashing from her mouth. Her vision became blurry, and the burning in her stomach increased tenfold as she continued wretching. Her fingers gripped the grass and she fell over completely, hair fanned out beneath her as liquid red soaked through cerulean blue.
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 am

"R-Ryo........"

Ryo could barely blink.

Ryo could barely breath.

"Nakkoa..." He whispered, before, shaking his head to get of this dizzy state. He must help her. Ryo gently picked Nakkoa up in his arms, trying not to thyink about the blood. He was a soilder afer all, he had seen more blood then this, more gore then this. But it was Nakkoa, and that made it all the more worse.

Ryo layed Nakkoa down again, this time face up; her pretty head resting on his lap, so she wouldn't loose so much blood. He began to rip a piece of material off his uniform to use as a bandge. He tried his best to wind the strip of cloth around the wound without hurting Nakkoa. He looked into her eyes, forcing a smile. "I know you will be fine, Nakkoa, you're tough! you have been through worse..." He said, sounding like he was trying to convince himself as well as her.

This was his fault, all of it. He should have left her alone. Even though how much it stung to admit it, Ryo agreed with Kazuhiro, he had nothing going on. He was no good for her. There was so much blood...Ryo feared she may be losing to much.

Once Ryo had covered the wound, he just sat there with her, holding her hand. Once Kazuhiro got a healer, everything will be fine, right? Ryo decided after that, he would never come near Nakkoa again. He wouldn't write to her, or speak to her. It would be like they never met. That was better for his Nakkoa.

His Nakkoa.

He had just thought that. He can't think like that...maybe...if he was never going to see her again...he could tell her how he felt?

Ryo looked down at her, it hurt him to see her in so much pain. He felt helpless, he could only wait. Before he could stop himself, the wrods slipped out. "Nakkoa...I-I love you...please hold on..." he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Nakkoa
Nakkoa

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 am

She was swimming in the heart of Kyoshi Island's ocean, flip-flopping carelessly through the crystal clear water. Schools of crab-eel and brightly colored lionsnakes steered clear of her path as she cut through their clusters unabashed, without restraint. Nakkoa twisted this way and dipped another, her hands poised as a steer whilst her feet were the rudders. Bubbles escaped her lips as she twitched her fingers to the coral, smiling at the pandafish she floated by and hurriedly scuttling past the grumpy tigersharks. Nakkoa twirled beneath the surface of the waves and blinked at the sunlight above; there was a figure standing on what she thought was a raft. The waterbender squinted and brought a hand up to shield her eyes, widening them when she noticed how slow her hand was moving.

"N'koa......N'koaaaaa!"

Nakkoa turned one ear up to the surface and strained to hear, was someone calling her name? 'I can't hear!' She grumbled, bubbles popping from her mouth again. The figure, whom she figured would never go away, kept calling out to her and judging by the tone of voice....was it frantic? A shadow loomed overhead and she craned her neck upward. The shadows was long and slender, with a sleek outer skin and fins and long whiskers. The shadow looped around her and gave her an indecipherable smile, she returned it in kind. Nakkoa was staring into the eyes of an unagi.

'An unagi! La, I've always wanted to ride one!' The unagi tilted its head to the side and jerked it gently, its eyes twinkling and its lip curling into a sliver of a smile. Nakkoa couldn't help but match it with her own as she took a tentative push forward, only to be interrupted by the voice from above.

"NAKKOA!"

Nakkoa's bubble of contentment shattered; chocolate waves whirled through the water slowly when her head snapped up to look at the surface. The figure was jumping up and down now and pointing at something. It took her a while to figure out that the point was aimed at her. She was completely confused now.

Until a curly red whisp floated past her eyes and dissipated with the water.

Instinctively Nakkoa shot a hand out to catch the whisp, to no avail. She looked from the figure, to the schools of fish below and stopped. The red whisps were pouring around her now, and, upon looking down she found the source of the problem. A stab wound, right in middle. Suddenly a searing pain that wasn't present before gripped her mid-section like a vice and she spluttered. A nagging feeling alerted her to the fact that she schools of fish were no longer around....and the unagi appeared much more perilous than at first.

Nakkoa made a run for it.

She clambered through the waters and clawed away at the waves, pumping her legs furiously as she went. The unagi darted after her, snapping his massive jaws as she propelled herself through the murky water recklessly. Once crystal clear, it was now becoming tinged with a crimson red and it became harder for her to see. She was scared out of her mind, and by now had been blinded. Something was wrong, very wrong, Nakkoa found herself unable to swim all of a sudden, her limbs weighed as much as an elephant-dragon and her breathing came in short bursts. Her fingers barely scratched the surface when her breathing stopped. It was almost as if some force had pulled a plug that drained her reservoir of energy and felt herself sinking.

Hold on.

Strong arms penetrated the water with a might splash and hooked themselves under her shoulders, hoisted her out of the unagi's perilous jaws and onto a rafter. Nakkoa spluttered and blinked her bleary eyes; into a familiar face.

".....You saved me...".

"I love you."

Nakkoa shrieked and sat pin straight. Her hair, wild and out of its ties, clung to her clammy skin framed themselves around her wide, panicking eyes. Recalling the nightmare, her hands flew to her abdomen and ghosted over the fresh bandages. "So I'm not dead....." She lifted up the sheets on her recovery mat and checked one of her ankles, sighing in relief that they were free of any teeth marks. A draft blew in through an open sliding door panel and stung against her bare skin. Shivering, it was then Nakkoa realized she was dressed in nothing but her bindings and a thin, paper-like pair of shorts.

When Nakkoa leaned forward to pull the sheet over, a blistering pain exploded through her midsection and she fell back on the mat, letting out a shriek and gasping for breath. She couldn't believe it, the Wolf's Fang done in by a blade wound to the stomach?!

Caramel lids squeezed together tightly and lips pulled back in a hiss. She absolutely refused to cry, this was only a flesh wound compared to everything else she was used to. Even still, why had it affected her that much? Nakkoa turned on her side and was bombarded with more excruciating pain. Digging her elbows into the wooden floors for support, she bit her tongue until it bled and tried to force herself to stand.

Only to fall to the floor.

"RYO!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Ryo
Ryo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Ryo was sitting nervously in the room next to Nakkoa's, stareing down at a bowl of dumplings. Mazugo had finially forced Ryo to stop sitting at Nakkoa's side to go eat something, but he couldn't force himself to take a bite. Ryo had waited for her wake up for the past three days, hardly leaving her side. Ryo had even set up a futon in Nakkoa's room, incase she woke in the night in pain. Ryo's usual sparkling golden eyes were now dull from stress and heart break, his skin deathly white.

Ryo was finally going to eat something, bringing a dumpling to his lips when he heard a thud in the next room; Nakkoa's room. Ryo thought he was hearing things until a strained voice yelled his name. "RYO!!!!!!!". Ryo's eyes widened and he jumped up instantly, dropping the bowl of dumplings, which smashed as it hit the ground.

Ryo ran down the hall and skidded to a holt infront of Nakkoa's door, flinging it open and saw Nakkoa, awake, but hurt, on the floor.

"Nakkoa!"
He exclaimed, quickly but gentley picking her up and placing her back on the mat. "Careful Nakkoa...you will open the wound up again..." Ryo was overjoyed to see Nakkoa awake, but pain was clearly shown in her beautiful blue eyes.

Ryo put his hand on her forehead to cheak her temperture, her skin was calmy and cold. Ryo's golden eyes began to light up alittle again, but in worry and fear. Ryo had never been so scared to lose someone in his whole life. Ryo began to think back to three nights ago's events; the punch, the rage...the stab. Ryo was still shaken by the image of Nakkoa's bleeding form. Ryo was convenced that if she had died, he would have died too, it hurt that much. Ryo wondered if she remembered what he had said...he wondered if she remembered he told Nakkoa he loved her.

Ryo's eyes traced over her body, in atempt to stop any blood sinking through the bandages. trying not to stare. She really was pretty, but she looked so...frail...and it hurt Ryo to see her like that. "You need anything for the pain? food? blankets? I can get blankets!" He said quicky, and franticly looked around the room.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You were always on my mind...   You were always on my mind... Empty

Back to top Go down

You were always on my mind...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next