The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Not So Easy Target?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Varsha
Varsha

EXP : 5585
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Instructor
Nation: Fire Nation

A Not So Easy Target? Empty
PostSubject: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:07 am

[OOC--we can just have the classic "them-running-into-each-other" thing. if that doesn't work out, let me know]

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

Ember Island was one of those places that was beautiful pretty much all year 'round. the sunny skies, the warm, sandy beaches, or the lush fields a little farther inland... all of it made for a pleasant stroll anytime.

Varsha was familiar with the place, being from a higher-end family herself. she was wearing her dress again this time, with little slippers to protect her feet from potentially hot sand or stone. incidentally, she had worn her bathing suit (which, like most bathing suits of Fire Nation origin, did not cover much more than normal undergarments) under her dress this time, noticing that the sparkling blue water looked quite enticing.

whatever the case, that would wait for now, because she was still walking. she didn't have a destination in mind this time--just walking and enjoying the breeze and the warmth.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Cozy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Traveling Fire bender

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 am

*Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooored!* she had already began yelling at herself in her thoughts. Needlessly to say, Yosko was feeling rather bored. The rather curvy, pale girl wearing her crimson, two piece swim suit and a rather big shawl tied around her hips was making her way down the shore line and thinking only of how to cure her boredom. *Quite honestly… do I want to work today?...* she thought while stopping and glancing around. Yes, there were not too many people considering to the usual amount, but hey – perhaps it’d work out.

… one hour later…

”Oh, really, you don’t have to help so much… I’m sure I’ll be able to travel… somehow…” she gave out, trying not to show the pain in her voice and constantly wiping the tears trying to roll down her now rosy cheeks.

This time, she had been the victim. A small group of guys accidentally pushed her, obviously causing her to twist in a very, very unlucky manner and surely gain an injury that won’t ever heal completely. Funny, really. She had even fed them that she was a dancer and had come here for a competition because her four sisters and five brothers could really use the money, ever since her parents passed… and she’s the eldest, always struggling so that they would have enough, even setting aside her own ambitions. In all honesty, it was cliché but it seemed her womanly charm plaid a role too and the guys bought it.

At the time, they were all rushing off to find some ice and someone who could help. Meanwhile, being left alone at their bags, Yosko quickly glanced over everything to see if there was something she could profit from, only finding a pipe and a jacket she liked… and the contents of their wallets. Pulling her hair up in something that resembled a messy bun, the girl stood up, took the jacket over one hand and continued barefoot down the shore, making sure to not attract too much attention as she calmly glided past one of the ‘good doers’. Amazing how oblivious people could get when trying to do something in a haste.

Lightly humming to herself, she would walk a bit further, seeing less and less people (exactly what she was hoping for) and found herself a nice spot to sit down and have a smoke. She didn’t really give a damn if it was a bad habit or if some dude passing by wouldn’t feel like proposing to her because of it, she just wanted to and that’s that.

”Excuse me, miss! Would you happen to have a light?” She called out to a girl passing by at the moment. While she could’ve just lit it herself, she was still bored, so… verbal communication might just do the trick, right?

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

Varsha's walk was only interrupted by another woman, probably about the same age as her, though paler, and curvier. Wasn't to say Varsha lacked such features, but they were a bit more prominent on this woman it seemed. she had asked her for a light.

"Aye, I've got a light."
the only real items on her person were her clothes and her staff at the moment though, but as a firebender, she always had a light. not everyone from the Fire Nation was a bender though, and it wasn't as rare as one might think for a nonbender to ask a nearby firebender to quickly light them up. Varsha let a small flame flicker on her thumb briefly to indicate that she was a firebender, and lit the other girl's pipe, thinking little of it.
Link:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Oh? So Yosko had been lucky enough to actually step on a fire bender, there? She was getting good these days. Yes, yes, that was bound to boost her ego.
”Why, thank you, miss…” that would be the part where people said their names. Well, almost always they did. She just assumed this girl would do so, too. That is, unless she had other plans. Perhaps going to meet a boyfriend? Then again, she didn’t really carry any trinkets… not all guys gave girls those, but a good deal had given them something memorable. Come to think of it, her neck was light, no fading bruises, so no wild make out sessions in the last few weeks… months? Her lips didn’t look like they’d been busy, so… Yes, Yoskola could state half her estate on it that this girl was single.

Taking a drag, the girl only glanced over the other girl, not meaning much by it. It didn’t even look like it meant anything. Well, Yoyo had been just checking the fabric of the dress to try and guess this girl’s financial state. It didn’t look like she was poor. Perhaps from the island, that’s why? But no, the islanders didn’t bother wearing shoes on the beach. Everyone was pretty much used to the heat of the sand unless they were seniors or sensitive children. So, perhaps a tourist? That would bump her up a little. Meaning, she might not be too familiar with the locals.

”Nice day for a walk, ain’t it? But isn’t your man gonna wonder where you went?” she asked a bit curiously but in a very friendly matter. After all, she was just trying to make small talk. Not like she had some hidden intentions. Not yet, at least.

And with that, Yoyo took yet another drag of the pipe *Oh? Berry scented tobacco… nice taste, boys*

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

"Varsha." she finished the girl's sentence with her name, and lit her pipe for her. "and you are?"
she didn't care if this did not become a conversation. she at least wanted to know the other girl's name.

Varsha's appearance was deceptive to an extent. she had now given away that she was only a beginner firebender, but she had proved that bending skill didn't always win, as many nonbenders had proven before her. it wasn't that she was anticipating a fight, but it was amusing to see the little rich girl be able to hold her ground. she was fast, and her fists were her best tools.

"who, the old man?" Varsha chuckled, "nah, family's back on Fire Fountain. I'm just by my lonesome. what brought you out here this time?"
there was a good amount of, well... everything... to be considered her. Varsha knew this.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 am

”Just call me Yosko.” she said with a genuine smile.

So that girl was called Varsha? To Yoskola that name seemed interesting. It didn’t sound like anyone she had so long met in the fire nation, but alas… perhaps it was for a reason. And would you look at that, she had been right. That was no surprise, really. The girl just liked to boast to herself about her wins. Yoskola was just like that. Perhaps, at fault was the fact that she didn’t really take the time to make real friends and therefore just felt obligated to amuse herself. Perhaps, it was just the fact that she was a bit egocentric. Whichever the case was, she couldn’t deny that being right again was nice. At least to her.

Letting her golden eyes once again slide over the outfit of that girl, she couldn’t not notice that the dress would probably suit her very well. It seemed like something she would wear… she doubted she’d be able to afford one of those on a daily basis, but she’d like to get it… Well, it might turn out easy, too. Seeing as that girl was alone on the island. Well, not alone. Just without her family.

”Oh, I’m just traveling old routes today. I came back to visit my old house, actually. I’m pretty much alone here, too… Pretty much alone everywhere for some time, now…” she said, turning a bit melancholic to the end as her golden eyes narrowed and the pale girl glanced at the horizon, as if deep in thought. However, after a small while, she sort of snapped back to reality.
”Oh, I’m sorry, miss. I didn’t mean to make it sound like I’m about to unload my heavy past on you. Just that your dress reminded me of someone dear to me.” she said with a warm smile as she looked up at the girl, before glancing back at the water and taking yet another drag of the pipe, only to let out a train of thicker smoke that would soon vanish, only leaving the scent of berries as proof of its existence.

”It’s quite beautiful, isn’t it?”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:25 am

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

"A pleasure then." she smiled. she didn't actually use names too often, as long as she could indicate who she was speaking to, anyways. however, it was good to know people's names for that rare time she did use them when addressing the person. it was nothing personal--just how Varsha rolled.

it seemed the girl was about to reminisce on some old tragic past. she had heard the usual sob stories. while she didn't have one, she was generally fine with empathizing at least.
but she was proven wrong, and that didn't matter. sparing the sob story would make things easier.

it seemed she had taken interest in Varsha's dress. she wasn't the first one, and that was part of the fun of waring such pretty and fancy clothing. it drew attention to her without drawing attention to what was beneath it, thanks to its modesty and that it was not form-fitting. it left much to the imagination.

"and who might that be?" she asked curiously, "I apologize if it brings up and less-than-savory memories, but I obviously can't just take it off and burn it."
she chuckled playfully, keeping the lighthearted mood that Yoskola had brought in. "it is pretty though... this island, the water, and my dress as well, if that's what you were referring to. so are you, frankly."

It wasn't like she was trying to flirt or anything, but she didn't see anything wrong with a compliment or two. Varsha was normally polite like this, but just because she was polite did not mean she was naive. she was still wary.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh, so she actually was curious? Well, Most of them usually did when you didn’t really unload your hard past on others. At first you’d think they were better off, but most ask away anyway. Not that Yo was surprised. Curiosity was a basic instinct. She abused this about others often, really.

”Oh wow, you move fast. Usually, they’d take me out for dinner before asking about it.” she said with a laugh. After taking yet another drag, she replied ”I guess it’s fine…” she began, pulling her legs up and resting one arm around them, before glancing back at the horizon. It would be sunset soon. ”It reminds me of mom. She was a very eccentric and sociable woman. Those dresses were just her thing. When I was a kid I used to wear them and pretend I was her… even though I spent more time holding them on me than anything else… at least until she got taken away.” she said, a light smile curling her lips. It seemed as if she didn’t want to seem like the victim, but her golden eyes were so sad. It was almost heart breaking. And on top of that, she kept a light smile, as if fighting hard against the sorrow within. Holding it in.

However, the last response of the other girl made her laugh yet again. Well, the compliment was unexpected. ”Why, thanks, hun! Aren’t you cute?” she laughed, shaking her head a bit and taking yet another drag.
”Yes, yes, I was referring to all of the mentioned… well besides the last one. That would just make me seem egocentric, no?” she said while glancing back at Varsha. After that, she just fell back in the sand and gazed at the sky, her long, auburn hair now casting variations around her light frame.

”So, Varsha, wanna stay and chat or are you rushing off somewhere?”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

Versha let out a laugh. "well...if you want to go out, you just gotta ask... but even then, I'm still a girl too, unless that sort of thing doesn't bother you."
Varsha generally considered herself attracted to men, but even then, a date with another woman wouldn't mean she had turned from that path or anything. either way, she wasn't about to ask Yoskola out, but wouldn't mind the gesture if it was one the opposite way.

seems she was getting the sob story either way. it didn't bother her. Varsha was an amiable girl and was generally pretty easy to get along with. she smiled softly and understandingly. "I'm sorry for your loss then. that little story does sound rather charming. I'm glad you like my dress... maybe if I had the money, I'd get you one like it."
her family obviously did have the money. Varsha might have had it personally, but was probably just saying this, since as amiable as she was, she didn't just buy things for strangers.

she giggled at her reply to her compliment though. "thank you." she smiled. "I like your style. I'm in no hurry... let's have a chat."
she sat down, gently adjusting her dress to she wouldn't be sitting on it, but also so she wouldn't be showing everything underneath it. "so what's on your mind, if you don't mind me asking?"
she was just trying to strike up a chat.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow. Quite honestly she had meant it as a joke. No, really. Like some sarcastic remark like the many that tend to escape her. But it looked like the other girl was actually considering it. Wow, that was unexpected. Oh, Yo knew she was charming but this was new. She had never tried hitting on a girl before. Perhaps, one day she could use it for her work. Yes, yes, that would make approaching rich couples even easier if she wasn’t really targeting the husband but the wife. Yoskola doubted that the men would even mind that much, perhaps – even act more generously. Oh, odd that she hadn’t thought of it earlier.

*Perhaps I’ll mess with this girl a little later.* she thought to herself while hearing her reply. ‘A charming story’? ‘I’d buy you one if I had the money’? Oh please… She couldn’t help but let out a chuckle in response ”Oh, please…” While the story hadn’t been completely true (her mom left, she just wasn’t dead), she thought for a moment how a more sensitive person would act to her words. It’d seem like she was just giving pity to sound more noble, only interested in polishing her own image, no? But alas, it was expected of the tourists. Them usually being wealthy and all. No matter. Yosko long since didn’t take anything she heard to heart. It just seemed a bit interesting… this girl.

So, she decided to linger. Well, perhaps it would turn out to be fun, right? ”Oh? I’m honored.”

”Hmm…” she only gave out when Varsha asked what was on her mind. ”A copper piece for my thoughts, huh? Well, to be honest – I was just thinking how great it would be to take a swim right now.” she said with a friendly smile, followed by a light sigh and yet another drag of the pipe.

”You?

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

Varsha didn't really care what the other girl believed and didn't believe. it was not like Varsha was going to jump into a committed relationship or anything. she doubted they'd know each other again after this meeting anyways, but she could be surprised. whatever the case, it wasn't a reason to make an enemy either.

all the while, Varsha just laughed. she wasn't exactly naively believing everything her newfound acquaintance was saying, but she may have been coming off like she was. either way, she was having fun.

she heard her out, listening to what these thoughts may be. she glanced out at the water when she mentioned a swim.
"that does sound pretty good right now. I was thinking of either that or perhaps finishing my walk, but since I had no real destination in mind, it could end anywhere."
this was completely true. either way, a swim did sound nice.
"you up for a swim then?" she shrugged.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 am

*I wonder…* as if for no need, she said to herself in her thoughts. Sometimes, the girl just liked to think of what could be instead of what was… Not that she was ignoring Varsha or anything. At the slight moment, it was just quiet. And finding herself cast her own golden gaze far off only to meet the fiery waves of the horizon was more than enough prodding to sinking into thought - inviting, even. Slipping into thought, she couldn’t help but wonder why she couldn’t have chosen a different approach on things – why do what she did… why even try to con people? Well, not like she really felt like doing anything else. She was actually really good in her current line of work… Perhaps, it was just the depressive thought of never really getting to trust anyone, never talking to anyone honestly. For example, this chat with the girl was nothing more than some probable set-up. Perhaps it’d even fail since it was already getting late and she had conned six people before that. To be honest, Yo had noticed she did it to everyone she met. It was just a reflex. *Perhaps, I’m just carving attention because of family issues… Heh, that would be too easy, I guess…* However, she did glance back at the girl when she asked if they would go swimming. Yo didn’t show any signs of surprise other than her pupils shrinking a bit when she looked back at Varsha. After all, she had sort of been in a daze.

Letting her full lips curl into yet another kind smile and lifting a hand only to drive it through her hair, she replied: ”Well, I’d love to, hun.” With that, the frail girl took one of the last drags from the pipe and stood up, leaving her jacket in the sand and taking off the shawl around her hips. Yosko extended her hand for Varsha in case she wanted her help while getting up. ”Come on then – let’s go!”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau
(picture coming soon)

this girl was certainly a character, but at the same time, it didn't mean that she needed to be evasive towards her. mostly at this point, it was her unusual interest in Varsha's pretty dress that had her cautious... she'd had people try to rob her before. it was what happened when you were a rich girl. the only part that usually didn't go as planned was that most people didn't know the little rich girl could fight.

but whatever the case, Yoskola seemed fond of the idea of swimming as well, and she Varsha took her hand when she extended it, pulling herself to her feet. stripping her dress and her shoes off, she was left in her bathing suit, which was red of course, and like many others, was rather revealing.
"lead on!" she grinned, following her acquaintance towards the beach.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Not So Easy Target?   A Not So Easy Target? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Not So Easy Target?
Page 1 of 1