The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legend of Korra

Go down 
+3
Okashi Nokoraiu
Mozello Shao
Kinalune
7 posters

Legend of Korra
I LOVE IT!
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap50%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
I like it.
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap17%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
It's pretty good, but...
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap17%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Meh. :/ I couldn't care less about it.
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap8%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
I don't really like it.
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap0%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I HATE IT!
 0% [ 0 ]
wut? what is korra? is it spicy?
 0% [ 0 ]
mer. herp derp. ;p
 0% [ 0 ]
At least it's not another live-action movie by Shamalongadingdong.
Legend of Korra I_vote_lcap8%Legend of Korra I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Other. I'll make a post all about my opinion.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Kinalune
Kinalune

EXP : 1325
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Traveling Dancer
Nation: Fire Nation

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Anyone watching it? I've been keeping up with it. I think it's pretty good. It's a lot more fast-paced and there's a lot more romance involved. Do you guys like it? Hate it? Couldn't care less?

I personally got just as into the Legend of Korra as I did the Last Airbender. [blasphemy]In fact, I actually like the Legend of Korra even more than I like the Last Airbender.[/blasphemy] Or, at least for the amount of episodes that have aired. I just fell in love with a bunch of the characters. Naga, Jinora, Bolin, Lin, and even Amon. I have no idea WHY I like Amon so much. I just do. He's my favorite. <3

I want yo' opinionzz!
Back to top Go down
Mozello Shao
Mozello Shao

EXP : 1100

Character Description
Position: Instructor

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I dislike how short it feels. It's currently only scheduled for two seasons, the next one only being two episodes longer than Air. We've barely scratched the surface of the main characters in my opinion. Asami is pretty much bound to go off the deep-end at some point, I look forward to when she does. I'm almost certain that Korra will learn how to energybend and return bending powers to those that lost them to Amon.
Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Yup, short and sweet. Just how I like my TV. I hate how some series just go on and on with the main characters having little or no progress in whatever it is they're doing. The Last Airbender was just the right amount of character and plot development in my humble opinion. I wish Legend of Korra did have a LITTLE more character development, but whatcha gonna do?

I don't know about Asami. I like her. I think she has the right to be a little jealous of Korra and mad at Mako for being a d-word. I don't think she'll go crazy. I think she'll give Mako one more chance to stop messing around with Korra. If he doesn't stop, I think she'll break up with him and go be with Bolin. Or Meelo. They know how to treat a lady right.

As for Korra... idk. Maybe she'll be able to return bending. I hope so... at least...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

EXP : 1185
Birthday : 1995-05-31

Character Description
Position: Earth Kingdom Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I love it, Genral of the United Forces just gonna be the best at everything. I expect alot of lightning from the General. As far as people losing their bending, I think Amon is BSing. He's energy bending completely wrong. He's behind them, only touching the forehead, and his eyes aren't glowing when he does it. The Lion Turtle said energy bending is done with a "True Mind" and "True Heart" and when he bestows the knowledge of energy bending to Aang, he touches his chest and forehead, True Heart and True Mind, and his eyes light up. Same things happen when Aang takes away Ozai's benidng. But the only thing Amon has done right is touch the forehead, which by the way is the earthly attachment/cosmic energy chi point. Maybe Amon is just locking that chi, making it near impossible for their bending to work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Craver531
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Okashi Nokoraiu wrote:
I love it, Genral of the United Forces just gonna be the best at everything. I expect alot of lightning from the General. As far as people losing their bending, I think Amon is BSing. He's energy bending completely wrong. He's behind them, only touching the forehead, and his eyes aren't glowing when he does it. The Lion Turtle said energy bending is done with a "True Mind" and "True Heart" and when he bestows the knowledge of energy bending to Aang, he touches his chest and forehead, True Heart and True Mind, and his eyes light up. Same things happen when Aang takes away Ozai's benidng. But the only thing Amon has done right is touch the forehead, which by the way is the earthly attachment/cosmic energy chi point. Maybe Amon is just locking that chi, making it near impossible for their bending to work.

Spoiler:
I don't really care if he can lightningbend or not. Zuko couldn't lightningbend, and he was still a beast character.

Idk about Amon. He's doing what he needs to do to accomplish his goals. It doesn't matter if he's actually energybending or not. He's at least making people think that they can't bend, thus rendering them unable to bend. That's all he really needs to do. Whether it's just an illusion of the mind or not... We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Speaking of Zuko, same voice actor Legend of Korra gets mass bonus points for that.

Oh yeah I forgot to cover the romance. Well, while I'd like to see Mako end up with Korra, I don't want it to happen in the way that it seems to be happening. I mean sure Mako's relationship with Asami was literally only physical attraction, while his attraction to Korra is much more emotional, he still shouldn't be borderline cheating. I feel like there might be a cat fight between Asami and Korra at some point. I also have a really bad feeling that Asami will join the Equalists if Mako and her end on bad terms
Back to top Go down
Zhifeng
Zhifeng

EXP : 357
Birthday : 1990-04-01

Character Description
Position: Student & Craftsman

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I didn't like it at first, but the show has actually been growing on me. They're playing their cards a lot closer to the chest this time around, making the story darker and the characters older - this is not a show meant to cater to Avatar's original target audience. This is them looking at the people who overwhelmingly watched AtLA, realizing that audience has aged, and turning out a show for them. On the one hand, they're doing a great job crafting the show to the fans. On the other, they're kind of hamstringing themselves by taking away the goofy fun that was such a draw the first time around.

People watching and expecting Aang-level silliness are getting disappointed, because this is definitely not Aang's story anymore. Korra is a different, less experienced, arguably more human Avatar. In fact, I'm actually pretty glad the first series' characters are dead - it helps seal the fact that this is Korra's ball game, and draw attention to her doings: it's not just "the old Avatar gang and their whippersnapper sidekicks". They said in the first episode that, hey, Nanna Katara here? Yeah, she's all you get. I was totally okay with that. It's been fun to point out things that they've left behind, like Toph's metalbending and Lin, and Sokka's contribution to the council and the Wolf Guard. Even the White Lotus guards got a giggle out of me. Having the AtLA gang's time be over and done with gives us some nostalgia that we just wouldn't feel if they were still up and kicking somewhere, and that adds to the LoK's charm.

I bloody love the animation, though. The world looks Victorian and beautiful, the character designs are instantly recognizable - and they're taking chances, which a brilliant thing to see. Lin is an old woman who is, as anyone who watches would agree, a badass old woman. Korra is a tomboy in every sense of the word, and love how masculine they made her to reflect that. And making her personality a Kiyoshi-esque opposite of Aang's was also a daring move that I approve of.

I think my biggest drawback so far is the love...square that's popped up. I'm not mad that there is one - I don't even think they're doing it wrong, since they're pretty accurately portraying stupid teenagers falling for each other. What's making me mad is Mako and Asami. Basically, I don't want Mako to end up with Korra. He's kind of a d-bag with no (thus far) revealing qualities, and he just plain doesn't deserve her. Heck, he doesn't deserve Asami, for goodness' sake. I also really would hate to see Asami stomp off to the Equalists just because she's butthurt over losing her boyfriend - that would be such a cop-out for the show, and a serious discredit to her character! I mean, we've already seen her turn down the Equalists, and then she turned down her own father, who we know she loved dearly. If the show honestly tries to tell me that this girl, who has risen to the call of duty and done the right thing through countless adversity, values bloody trotting Mako over her own dad, then I lose faith in the writers of this series.

And I love the writers. I don't want to do that.

What I'd love to see is Asami heading back to the Fire Nation with the good General. Who could cry anti-bender feeling when the Fire Lord's own grandson has a non-bender for a wife? It could work beautifully as a climax to the Amon arc, and Asami certainly has enough spice in her for the role. By the same token - and I'm going to be shot for saying it - I want Korra to end up alone by the series' end. She's the Avatar. The lady has a job to do, and she recognizes this - besides, she's used up her happily-ever-afters in her last two lives (Aang got Katara, Roku got his - later murdered - wife).
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:08 pm

I agree with Zhifeng, so I might as well not write paragraphs reiterating.

Last edited by Novai on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Zhifeng wrote:
Basically, I don't want Mako to end up with Korra. He's kind of a d-bag with no (thus far) revealing qualities, and he just plain doesn't deserve her.

This is why I'm a fan of the Borra ship.
Back to top Go down
Okashi Nokoraiu
Okashi Nokoraiu

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 am

So how about that season finale? I thought it was pretty good though rushed if anything. At the very end though that was BS but I guess it's acceptable because its Avatar BS.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zhifeng
Zhifeng

EXP : 357
Birthday : 1990-04-01

Character Description
Position: Student & Craftsman

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm

It was rushed. I don't really have time to text-wall what I thought about it, but I understand why they wrapped everything up the way they did: after The Last Airbender (Shyamalan's movie) bombed as hard as it did, Legend of Korra was only cleared for a first season. They only recently revealed that based on the ratings of the first, they've been renewed for another go. So the show as we saw it was made under the belief that there would only be one season of Korra - nothing more.

It's usually the way TV-show-to-movie deals work, from what I hear. If the movie bombs, the show isn't likely to be far behind.
Back to top Go down
Liang Zhuge
Liang Zhuge

EXP : 800
Birthday : 1992-05-07

Character Description
Position: Lieutenant

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Yea, but at least avatar isn't some fad either, it's the type of show that attracts a real fan-base unlike some franchises that attracts people who are just looking for the next cool thing.

I'm overall happy with the way things have turned out so far, it's clearly going to be a stretch to create a second season so I would debate they should leave it as is now. If they made it with plans to create one season they should end it there or have treated it like the original avatar and they either work to the end or they get cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

Character Description

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Liang Zhuge wrote:
Yea, but at least avatar isn't some fad either, it's the type of show that attracts a real fan-base unlike some franchises that attracts people who are just looking for the next cool thing.

I'm overall happy with the way things have turned out so far, it's clearly going to be a stretch to create a second season so I would debate they should leave it as is now. If they made it with plans to create one season they should end it there or have treated it like the original avatar and they either work to the end or they get cancelled.

I saw leaked clips from the second book (it's going to be called Spirit, by the way) and it looks pretty epic to me. I don't really care that it was only supposed to be one book of Korra, I'm just glad they're making more. If you want to see them, just Google Legend of Korra Comic-Con panel 2012. Or search Youtube for it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sakura
Sakura

EXP : 579
Birthday : 1998-07-09

Character Description
Position: Earthbender-in-training and waitress at a tea shop

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

The Legend of Korra was alright, but I think that they really rushed the first season. They should have really spread it out more. Instead of just twelve episodes, they probably could have gotten like, fifteen out of it if they spread the plot out just a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legend of Korra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Korra   Legend of Korra Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Korra
Page 1 of 1