The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin
Robin

EXP : 5450
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] Empty
PostSubject: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 am

Robin Miyamoto

It was certainly not that Robin was the only spy to set foot in Zulera City, and she wouldn't be the last. Similar to more or less everything she did, Robin's plan here was straightforward and had a distinct purpose. She wanted intel, and knew just the man to go and get it from: Kada Zaltana.

She made her way to his restaurant, impressed that "Dezna's" had so quickly become an international restaurant chain and that this cunning spy spent his time as a soup chef so often. But, that wasn't her business, and neither was the information that she was hoping to extract from him. That was exactly why she was there actually.
After ordering the chef's special, she got his attention again and nodded.
"Excuse me sir," she indicated politely, "do you have a moment to spare?"
Mood: Cunning
Condition: Perfect
Link: Robin

Back to top Go down
Kada
Kada

EXP : 1150

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 am

Kada Zaltana

Dezna's was indeed a popular place, and Kada enjoyed that fact, not only because of the income he now happily made, but also because his job of spying got a whole lot easier. the Zulera City branch (which was actually the largest branch of his chain) was a hit, and was where many people spilled secrets, intentionally or otherwise. So while he made plenty of cash from his cooking (which was definitely worth the money), he also made a decent income from spying.

Thus, it was hardly a surprise when a young white-haired lady pulled him aside to "talk to" him. She was rather cute, and he noticed her eyes going over his figure once before she introduced herself.
"What can I do for you?" he asked in his neutral professional tone, as if he was taking an order.
Mood: Curious
Link: Kada

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:39 am

Robin Miyamoto

Robin cut straight to the chase.
"My name is Robin Miyamoto," she began, "and I have a very specific task I would like you to achieve for me."

She paused, glancing around. "See... I am looking for a certain pair of people... the Fire Princess, Kaede Raiden is the primary target, but I hear rumors that she is with a bodyguard. I simply need you to watch their activity any time they frequent your restaurant or the surrounding area. You will be compensated quite graciously if you are able to fulfill this task for me."
She brought a decent sized sack of gold onto the table for him to see, before stowing it back in her coat.

"What say you, Kada Zaltana?" she glanced at him, waiting his answer. She obivously hoped he'd agree, but if not, she'd keep looking. There were plenty of other spies in Zulera City and the world, that would surely work for Robin's money.

Back to top Go down
Kada
Kada

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:57 am

Kada Zaltana

"mm." Kada muttered, "Aye, her bodyguard Korra shows up here a lot. I could probably get her to talk without realizing it. she sometimes brings Kaede with her. I always give them the royal treatment when they are here."

He took a drink from a glass, which happened to just be water. "Although I've also heard rumors of a metal ninja that protects them in certain areas... I am not sure how true it is, but I will keep you updated, provided I am compensated enough. If you are hiring me for that job with that pay though..." he glanced at her coat where she had stowed the small sack of gold, "then lady... you've got yourself a deal..."

Kada did not take sides. He simply worked for the highest bidder and followed the money. Just about anyone could sway him if they had enough coin.
Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:00 am

Robin Miyamoto

"So... Princess Kaede is protected by a talkative bodyguard that loves to drink, and both of them are sometimes protected by a metallic ninja warrior?" Robin tilted her head. "well... that's certainly interesting, but useful to know. Thank you. Is there anything else I should know off the bat?" She asked, reaching into her coat for the gold.

"Obviously since this job does not have a completion date, per se, I'll pay you up front, and check in on your regularly. how does that sound? I'll even purchase a meal when I come by."
Her salesman ship was fairly good, but didn't think that her giving him business in the form of purchasing his food, was the deal-sealer. the bag of coins before it certainly was though.

Back to top Go down
Kada
Kada

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:05 am

Kada Zaltana

"Aye," Kada nodded, "although don't let the waterbender girl's drinking habits fool you," he chuckled, "the kid has downed stuff that could put a grown man under the table. rumors have it she drank the essence of spirits so foul that they were said to be spawned from the darkness... and that all it did was make her belch. Anyways..." he lowered his voice.

"come by in a week or so and I should have more information for you." he whispered, "I'm sure the princess and her bodyguard will show up at least twice..." and he planned to whip up something so delicious for them that it would make them come back. He enjoyed cooking, and his dishes weren't free anyways, so he was making money, and then making EXTRA money on top of that for doing basically what he had always done. He felt he could be a bit generous with the information he would sell to this firebender with the white hair.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Robin Miyamoto

And sure enough, Robin did return not too much later. She had heard the rumors of the princess and her bodyguard, but also was aware of the large metal man that seemed to be seen alongside them alot.
A bit of research taught her that the man was formerly named Ronin, but nowadays was often called Obsidian, which seemed fitting all things considering. However, Robin hit a few dead-ends there, and so came to Kada, hoping that he would have more advice for her.

"Kada, my lovely..." she cooed, "it's me again. Get me the usual and then swing back afterwards so I can make an arrangement, yes?"

Back to top Go down
Kada
Kada

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Kada Zaltana

Kada fulfilled Robin's request with ease, and soon swung by her table, sitting across from her so they could speak. Coins changed hands, and Kada's mouth opened a moment later.
"So... Obsidian." he began, "one of the vigilantes that have risen from the shadows of Zulera City to help curb the crimelords and their regimes. I'm sure that you're no exception."

"But..." he took a drink, offering one to Robin on the house, "tell me what you want to know about him. Korra certainly doesn't keep quiet about him..."

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Robin Miyamoto

"Tell me where he lurks... how he operates... how strong he is, if you can. I need to know whatever I can about this man, from his strengths and weaknesses to anything else that Korra has spilled about him. I need him out of the way, after all, and so I need to find a way to do that. Is there any way you can help me?"

one of the things Robin loved about Kada was that the man was fairly amoral in terms of what his services or information did as long as he and his business and patrons were not affected. This was one of those times. Not that Robin was planning on doing anything too drastic this early on, but it would help to have knowledge of this for a future event.

Back to top Go down
Kada
Kada

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Kada Zaltana

"Obsidian..." Kada muttered. "Obsidian, Obsidian, Obsidian... from what I know, he was Earth Queen Meili's finest warrior a couple years ago during the war... Ronin, I believe his name was. His archrival is the boss Minato, and so as long as he's in power, he should be a bit occupied. As for how to stop him... you'll need power and speed. He is strong and fast, and is arguably one of the best earthbenders alive. Thankfully for you, he's not quite at the level that the queen and that lavabender construction girl are, but he's right up there with Kumani if you've met her..."

He took a sip of his drink. "that Korra girl also builds his gadgets. If you want her out of the way... simply bring a mask. She's terrified of most of them for reasons I do not yet know... but really, the main focus should be on Obsidian. I think that you could at least hold your ground against him in single combat, although with Kaede and Korra at his side, it could give you trouble. Some food for thought." he glanced at Robin's plate and at the woman eating, wondering how she would react.

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Robin Miyamoto

Robin ate politely as she listened.This was useful information, and Kada was fairly cheap with dispensing it, given that all he really had to do was listen to chattering patrons. Korra herself was among these, after all, and it amused Robin that a girl could drink so much without any prominent effects other than her having to occasionally go to relieve herself.

"wonderful." she cooed, after the man had finished speaking. "this is why I love you, Kada. Keep this up for me, if you would. I will ensure that it is... well worth your time..." she fluttered her eyelashes, although Robin's flirtiness wasn't always an implication that she wanted to bed someone; it was just how she ensured that there was an offer (which, perhaps ironically, was usually money rather than pleasure).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]   Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dropping Into Dezna's [Kada]
Page 1 of 1