The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyndis
Lyndis

EXP : 6000
Birthday : 1991-01-16

A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

To a certain Lyndis Jay Montoya II, Zulera City was one of those ideas that was good on paper, but that had a few problems needing ironed out once it was put into practice. Still... she couldn't help but admire the lay of the land and the sheer size and prosperity of this magnificent city.

On the other hand, she also knew of its darker secrets--and was actively involved with them, generally just being an all-around nuisance. She had learned to drive automobiles fairly quickly, but never owned one of her own. she was often responsible for "missing cargo", or other simple things. Most of them were passive, but if confronted, she was not afraid to whip out her trust crescent blades and get aggressive.

she sat perched on a building late into the evening spying down at the passersby from this vantage point. She suspected a trap, or was about to come in and off an "innocent" gang member.
Time would tell.
Mood: Confident
Condition: Content
Link: Lyndis

[OOC--the passerby can be anyone. it can be a nameless schmuck that Lyndis kills that someone else witnesses, it can be someone that sees Lyndis, or anything else in between. just wanted something open to get Lyn's foot in the door]
Back to top Go down
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

EXP : 1185
Birthday : 1998-07-08

Character Description
Position: Travelling Fire Nomad
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Fan-Lei

Fan-Lei was walking down the dark alley late at night. It was too common he found himself in the bowels of strange cities at the most inopportune times. Fortunately for him, he had somewhat formidable skills with the bostaff, and if necessary he could firebend.

The teenager was heading back to the corner of a building that he was sleeping in, but he really felt the sensation that he was being watched. He squinted and surveyed the streets and buildings around him, all empty. He looked up at the ledgings of the buildings surrounding him, some of them ringed with the orange light of a dying day. Silhouetted on one of them, the petite build of a woman was perched above the teenager.

Fearing robbery or worse, Fan-Lei decided he would not opt to fight today, and started down the alleyway, hoping he would simply be left alone.

Mood: Good
Condition: Healthy

[ooc]Fan-Lei has a talent for getting stuck in uncomfortable situations...
Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Without a moment's hesitation, Lyndis tumbled gracefully off of the tall building down towards her fleeing target, with the full intention of following him. Right before she would have splattered across several feet of concrete and pavement, a nimble airbending trick righted the little barefooted lady, who tiptoed after her foe, purposely trying to be "that creepy stalker".

She might have had a few loose bolts up in the head, and not everything was there, but she was still a cunning young lady who knew how to do her job well. There was a reason people feared her--even if she did not grasp the concept of fear herself.
Mood: Devious
Condition: Stalking

Back to top Go down
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Fan-Lei

The alley had been deathly silent, so Fan-Lei barely heard the fluttering of air behind him as he walked down the alley. He decided to see if he was being followed, although if he was, whoever followed him was incredibly silent. Fan-Lei turned down another alley to the right. Even if no one was following, it'd be best not to lead them directly to his "home."

Sure enough, the firebender caught a glimpse of a small lady from the corner of his eye when he turned. It seemed to be the same one that he had seen perched on the building earlier. Fan-Lei slipped behind a stack of crates, hoping whoever followed him would not have made the turn yet, and would not see him having hid.

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

Lyndis deliberately kept up to speed, thus remaining the same distance behind the boy as she had been when they started. she noticed him trying to hide, not about to be outrun by... well, anyone. she was swift and light on her feet that way.

"come out, come out..." she purred, twirling a throwing knife in her hands quietly, "this won't hurt if you cooperate." she wasn't right in the head and miiiiight have killed an innocent individual now and again, but she wasn't poised to kill right now--she just wanted to know who was hiding from her and why.

Back to top Go down
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Fan-Lei

Fan-Lei pursed his lips, aware that he had not slipped away. He stepped out from behind the crates and stood square to the small woman.

"You're following me? Why?" Fan-Lei had never seen this woman in the short week he had been in Zulera City. He noticed the gleam of a knife in Lyndis's hand, and he turned to the side, his left foot facing her and his bostaff tucked behind his right arm. His left hand rested with the thumb against his sternum, his fingers fanning outwards. He stood four feet away, far enough to avoid a swing of the weapon, close enough to parry a throw.

"I don't want to fight you, tell me what you want first."

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

"Me?" Lyndis cooed. for someone as crazy-looking as her, she had an awfully sweet and calm little voice. "I'm simply here to protect the city from suspicious individuals. Why were you in such a hurry?"

she knew that she had no authority other than what her skills commanded, but at the same time, she did quite enjoy stopping crime in its tracks when she could--she wasn't exactly the model of peace and justice (her own version of justice usually just involved knives and throats), but she did what she did, and given the lack of law enforcement in Zulera City, combined with the amount of scum that seeped into its rotten underbelly, no one really missed a dead thug or criminal here and there...

Back to top Go down
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Fan-Lei

Fan-Lei loosened a little bit and blinked. He had expected something crazy, not a simply inquiry.

"Well, I'm not exactly rushing about, but I'm not taking my time. It's getting late, I was heading back to go and sleep."

The lady in front of him sure looked crazy, and Fan-Lei was still a little stunned by it, but he hoped if he kept talking she wouldn't go for him.

"So, what are you doing, chasing people about here? Some sort of superhero? Or are you catching cat-owls for dinner?"

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 am

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

"I was more talking about how you're acting like you've got something to hide... not a wise idea in this part of town, anyways..." she warned. the crazy smile on her face was still present.
"Me? nah... I'm no superhero... just answering my own call of justice in my own crazy way." Lyndis was definitely insane, or at least mentally unstable to a certain degree.

"What brings you out this late at night all trying to smuggle something from point A to point B, huh?" yep, she still thought he was hiding something, "cuz that was what originally aroused my suspicions..."

Back to top Go down
Fan-Lei
Fan-Lei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:41 am

Fan-Lei

Fan-Lei showed there were no pockets in his robe, then showed he wasn't carrying his bag.

"As you can see, I'm not carrying anything, and I hope you can trust that there's nothing under this robe either because I don't want to strip in the middle of an alley with someone who thinks I'm a criminal." Even though the statement was serious, Fan-Lei made sure to say it in a friendly manner. He did not think of the girl standing across from him as an enemy, not even as a big threat anymore.

Back to top Go down
Lyndis
Lyndis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Lyndis Jay Montoya II

"Very well then." Lyndis stuffed her own hands into her pockets. "Perhaps I was mistaken. it happens now and again." Zulera City was no place for the weak or the stupid, and to Lyn, this kid seemed like both. But, she was not one to go around murdering innocent civilians, and so she would leav him be for now. With a deft twirl of her staff, it opened into a glider, and she launched herself into the sky, to perch atop another building, keeping her eternal watch.
...well, as long as she was awake, anyways.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]   A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand or a Deadly Menace? [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1