The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Helping Out or Ruining Everything?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

EXP : 690

Character Description
Nation:

Helping Out or Ruining Everything? Empty
PostSubject: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Umbra

With such a mixture of the wealthy and the impoverished, Gaoling was bound to be a hotspot for crime.  While Umbra had no knowledge of this, she'd soon have a first-hand experience to confirm the desperate thievery that arose from the rich and poor living in such close quarters.  Umbra had no perspective on what it was like to be without food or material goods, but she did have her own sense of justice.

Her trip to Gaoling had been rather abrupt, but she'd been enamored by the manors and the rich markets that she'd come across while being here.  She was currently tromping down one of these affluent shopping centers, when a conflict flashed across her peripheral.  A man seemed to be fighting with a woman over a rather expensive looking vase.  He eventually blasted the woman's graceful stand full of expensive antiques with a shot of fire from his right hand.  The woman released the vase, and fell to the ground yelling in anguish.  She was clutching her leg, which had apparently been caught in the hot flame, and she was crying out for help.

There were plenty of onlookers, but Umbra was the first one to react.  As soon as the man blasted the stand, Umbra jumped into action.  She pulled two huge walls of rock from the ground on either side of the man, and tried to create two more in time to capture him.  He was apparently very agile however, and he hopped from one of the walls to the other, and gracefully made his getaway, without even harming the jade vessel he'd stolen.

The vase probably wasn't worth enough to make a fuss over, but Umbra's pride had been hurt.  She wasn't going to let this man get away now.  "Hey!  Stop!" was her useless cry as she hurtled down the cobblestone road after the man.  He span around and kicked in the direction of Umbra.  A torrent of fire came careening down the road.  Bystanders were screaming at this point, but Umbra had tunnel vision at the moment.  Nothing was important to her but that man and the fire that was coming at her.  She quickly created a ramp out of the expensive road, and ran up it, circumventing the fire this way.  She jumped down, ungracefully, and the chase continued. Hopefully the local authorities would understand that all of the property damage was in the name of justice.

Mood: Anti-Hero Tunnel Vision Pride Hurt Hyper Go Go
Condition: Yeah

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

EXP : 975
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 pm

[OOC--LOL your character's mood! xD]

Aveline Zianja Tosari

The crime rate of Gaoling was not cringeworthy, but it did keep the old warrior busy a lot of the time. She didn't mind it, but of course, would rather have no crime at all. Thankfully, she had gone a while without having to deal with much, although as captain of the guard she got to hear all sorts of stories. It was so much fun. (not really).

Of course, Aveline knew that something was wrong the moment she heard the commotion. Her military training left her faster on her large and heavy feet, and so she took off towards the commotion. She found a firebending criminal heading right towards her, and chasing her was some earthbender in unusual attire. for a moment she wasn't even sure which one was the criminal and which one was wasn't. the firebender could be running from the attacking earthbender who tried to rob him, or the earthbender had taken justice into her own hands to try and stop the firebender. Either way... she would put a stop to it.

Stamping her foot with some force, she sent a shock wave that would stop both the firebender and the earthbender in their tracks unless they saw it coming. Considering that Aveline had rounded the corner out of otherwise nowhere, she did have the advantage of surprise on her side--at least for a moment.
Mood: Content
Condition: Healthy
Link: Aveline

Back to top Go down
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Umbra

It was unfortunate that Umbra still believed in those things called shoes.  She had no way of sensing the shockwave that came her way.  She'd been in mid-sprint when the seismic force hit her leg which immediately felt like jelly.  She stumbled to the ground, scraping her elbows and hands on the cobblestone beneath her.  She quickly got up, but she was still a bit confused about where the attack had come from.  Unless she was chasing the avatar, it surely wasn't the firebender.  Plus, the firebender had fallen down too.  It looked like they'd taken just as much damage as Umbra, and they'd also dropped the stolen vase which had shattered to pieces on the ground.

Umbra was a bit frustrated, with the vase broken her little escapade had been all for not.  The firebender went to get up, but Umbra quickly bent a cage made of rock around him.  He angrily shot fire from his hands in several directions, but the crowd had stayed far away from the commotion.  He also wasn't that strong of a bender, his fire did not reach far enough to even lick the buildings around him.  Umbra couldn't help the triumphant smirk that lit up her face.

Mood: Sequels Are Never As Good As The Original

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Success. it seemed that her move got both of them. she was proud of herself in knowing that her military training was not rusty, but she would have rather not had to do this in the first place.
However, with the two goons now intercepted, the source of the attack was clear. it was a professionally-carved fault-line, intended to do as little collateral damage as possible.
the vase was technically made of earth as well, and so a skilled enough earthbender could probably piece it back together.

approaching the firebender, who was apprehended, but also casting a glance at the oddly-dressed earthbender, she turned.
"and who might these be... this seems far more elegant than a simple game of tag. Who would mind explaining themselves?"
Aveline may not have been sharp enough to pierce a hull of an imperial class Fire Nation battleship, but she was sharp enough to know what sort of stories would be true and which ones wouldn't be. This was what she was watching for.
Mood: Content
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 am

Umbra

Along with her ability to damage roads almost instantly, Umbra also had a knack for being brash when the situation did not call for it.  When the woman who had knocked Umbra and the criminal over asked for the story, Umbra yelled, "Well obviously that guy was stealing the vase, and I was trying to stop him!"  She was still a bit mad about the vase, even if it could be repaired.  She wanted to blame the woman in front of her for causing the fragile vessel to break, but she realized that would only get her in trouble.  Still, her face couldn't hide her frustration.  She was also folding her arms and glaring at this point.  It was like this woman had stolen some sort of thrill from her.  Umbra had called dibs, hadn't this rough and tough lady heard of dibs before?

Mood: Urgh

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Hearing the story caused Aveline to frown, and she had to resist rolling her eyes a little. she glanced around at all the unnecessary collateral damage, none of it being caused by her.

with a pause and a scowl, she turned to the black earthbender. "and is there any possible way where, even if you did not decide to summon one of the many guards in the city, that you could have used much more discipline in your movements?"
Aveline, as the captain of the guard (essentially the law enforcers), had ensured that her men and women were disciplined before they got the job, and so most of them would handle things smoothly and efficiently the way she had.
"I thank you for catching this criminal," Aveline would ensure that he wouldn't be going anywhere, "but if you must try to be a vigilante, next time at least make sure you have enough discipline to prevent so much unnecessary collateral damage."

Ave;ine did things by the book when the book was convenient, but she was more concerned with justice than following the rules. otherwise, she might have been angrier. Right now though, she was keeping her calm quite well.
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Umbra

Umbra had been a bit irritated, but after the woman questioned Umbra's methods and called into question the damage she'd caused, Umbra actually felt a little guilty.  It was hard to be mad at her when she actually thanked her for catching the criminal.  So Umbra ended up feeling a bit humbled and a bit like her pride had been hurt.  

"I..." she sort of wanted to apologize for the damages, but her mind told her that it would show some sort of weakness if she did.  "Your welcome." was the only pathetic words that came out of her mouth.

((Sorry for taking so long, I'm so sick. *blehg*))
Mood: Blerg

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline had eraned her respect around these parts for the way she did things. rules were more like guidelines for her, although she did make significant efforts to follow them where she could in order to set an example. It certainly beat letting chaos run amok in her streets. No, that would not do at all.

"Neverhteless," Aveline continued, "you do appear quite skilled, if not a bit reckless. we could use that sort of help, if you know what I am saying."
whatever hidden meanings this might have had were not clarified, as Aveline laid it out there at face value.
"are you from around here? I do not believe I have seen your face...
I am Aveline, captain of the guard of Gaoling, by the way." she realized that she had forgotten to introduce herself, and so decided to do that now.
Mood: Intrigued

Back to top Go down
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Umbra

Umbra was stunned by what came out of the woman's mouth next.  She had seemed very rule-driven, but maybe she was bit more forgiving than her demeanor showed.  

"Nevertheless, you do appear quite skilled, if not a bit reckless. we could use that sort of help, if you know what I am saying."

Umbra interpreted this as a job offer of sorts, but it didn't sound like a strong enough proposition for her to inquire about the meaning yet.  Plus, the woman continued by asking,"Are you from around here? I do not believe I have seen your face...I am Aveline, captain of the guard of Gaoling, by the way."  So, the woman, Aveline was in fact very important.  She seemed to have the confidence and calm temperment that was necessary for her sort of position.

Umbra responded, slowly warming up to Aveline, "I'm Umbra.  I've traveled here from Ember Island."  She thought about what information might clue Aveline into her position.  "I've just sort of been going where the wind takes me lately...kind of reckless, but I guess that's what you can expect from me." she quipped, joking about the situation that was still sort of at hand.
Mood: Bluuahh?

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline nodded. "It seems fitting. It's an exotic place to match your exotic appearance."
If this could qualify as flirting, it probably went clean over Aveline's head. She simply meant it as a friendly compliment. Umbra did have a pretty face, but Aveline knew many people that did. it was just that simple.

she gave a small chuckle at Umbra's mention of being reckless. More than lawful or just people, Aveline liked people who were kind and honest, just like herself.
"you don't need to remind me of that," she said with a chuckle, "I witnessed it firsthand."

Part of her also wanted to ask another question, but she couldn't think of anything to ask, and so chuckled lightly in the absence of something else to say.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Umbra
Staff Admin
Umbra

Character Description
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Umbra

Umbra took the exotic appearance comment as a compliment.  She liked the idea of looking like she was from a different place.  She didn't want to ever stay where she was for too long, and her appearance marked her as a traveler or visitor of sorts.  She liked going against the grain.

Umbra liked how Aveline went against the grain too, but in a different sort of way.  She had a very strong appearance, but she didn't seem to be as ferocious as one might assume.  She kindly went along with Umbra's joke and then went into silence.

Umbra didn't have anything else to do in Gaoling, but she thought she'd stick around now that she had a...friend? She thought that maybe Aveline could teach her about disciplined crime fighting, instead of the reckless and flashy kind she'd been accustomed to.  "Hey uhh...Aveline..." she said, getting used to saying the name, "Could you show me how to catch criminals your way?"  She was pretty curious how you could stop a marauding bandit without tearing up some rock roads and walls.
Mood: Bluuahh?

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

The fact that Umbra was willing to listen and be open and accepting to new ideas was pleasing to Aveline. Sure she was a stubborn old stone herself, but if shew as presented with a viable way to improve herself, she would consider it and likely implement it if she could.

Umbra seemed exotic enough, and more importantly, like someone who, instead of stubbornly doing things in a reckless, destructive way, seemed to just be doing things the way she knew how, and was open for suggestions. this was verified by the girl's next question.

She smiled. It was a friendly smile, because underneath that stubborn, commanding exterior, Aveline was actually a very loyal and kind woman.
"I could indeed." she nodded, "most of it involves being more precise with your movements. you seem to have the skill... just a little extra discipline and control. When and where would you like me to show you?"
she was relatively open except when she was on-duty, so the choice was Umbra's.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping Out or Ruining Everything?   Helping Out or Ruining Everything? Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping Out or Ruining Everything?
Page 1 of 1