The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Search for a Master [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaila
Zaila

EXP : 900

Search for a Master [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Zaila

Come on, just go inside… The worst they can say is no, right?

The young man stood outside of a large building, glancing up at a sign over the huge double doors – Earthbending Academy. If the rumours were true, it was the best in the entire Earth Kingdom, but Zaila knew that that meant it was expensive. He rummaged around in his pockets for a few seconds before pulling his hand out to reveal two faded bronze coins. A sigh dropped from his mouth. This wouldn’t give him five minutes instruction, never mind an entire course from beginner upwards.

“Hey kid! What are you doing here?”

Zaila turned on the spot and looked at the man who had shouted at him. He wore a flowing green robe and a wide brimmed hat, and the teenager instantly knew who he was – a member of the Dai Li.

“You don’t belong in the Upper Ring, boy. Back to the Lower Ring with you!”

The Agent reached forwards with his hand and the rock glove that he wore flew off it, intending to grab Zaila’s wrist and probably force him into the Lower Ring, or into jail. The teenager let out a yelp and swatted at the glove, somehow managing to knock it to the side. As soon as his arm collided with the glove, he turned on the spot and started to sprint down a side street, narrowly avoiding the second glove that collided with a wall right next to him.

He ran for what seemed like hours, but could only have been a few minutes. He had reached an old abandoned house, and he leapt through one of the open windows before collapsing against the wall once inside. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing, concentrating on any movement he might hear outside. As his bare hand touched the ground, he let out a gasp. He could see past the wall behind him quite clearly – well, seeing wasn’t quite the word. He could sense where things were, what they were doing, even sometimes what they looked like.

He felt the Dai Li Agent saunter up past the house. Zaila held his breath for several seconds until he sensed the man retreating and let out a deep breath. His excursion had certainly proved useless – maybe he just wasn’t destined to ever learn Earthbending. He curled up slightly into a ball, and, not for the first time, wished that he had someone to look after him.

Mood: Ready
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

EXP : 3005

Character Description
Position: Dai Li Elite
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:26 am

Kyorin

Jasmine Tea, the Queens favorite tea and she preferred it the way one shop made it in particular. Kyorin was carrying a large tray of Jasmine tea, heated rocks under the pitchers to keep it hot. Since when had his position as bodyguard become delivery boy? Oh well. He was taking his usual route back to the palace. From the tea shop he passed by the Ba Singe BBQ, past the Earthbending academy, and through the gates to the palace. It was when he was passing the Academy, when he saw the young boy standing in front of the doors. He looked like a Lower Ring citizen, but that wasn't his problem, or his job. He actually gave more to the guy for getting in the Upper Ring in the first place.

That was when he sighed at the Dai Li agents catch him in their line of sight. Not so great a day for him. He was going on his normal way, hearing the more than usual sound of an earth hand grabbing on to skin and flesh. The next noise intrigued him. The hand broke. He turned as abruptly as possible without spilling the tray to see the man dodge another hand and run off into the alleys. It has not so easy to just break a Dai Li hand. They were some hard stone, and you would have to overcome the Dai Li's bending control over it. Kyorin made the connection quickly. He was a poor but obviously talented earthbender living in the Lower Ring. He wanted to learn earthbending for whatever reason, and wanted to come to the most prestigious academy in the impenetrable city.

He gave the tray of tea to a shop vendor, told them to put it in the back, keep it warm, and he would pay them a great amount of money when he got back. The vendor next saw the strange pony tailed man run across the street onto the rooftops.

Kyorin pursued the Dai Li agents, knowing they would take him to the boy. They had probably seen where he had gone, he had the info. He heard a slight thumping noise and stopped, looking at a recently abandoned building just a few feet away. Looking down at the Dai Li agent, he looked confused, then ran past the house. Idiot. The kid was in the house. Why would anybody pass up that as a hiding spot?

Looking in through a window from the rooftop, he could see a leg stretched out across the floor. It curled up, and Kyorin had to practically lean off the roof to see more of him.

Mood:
Condition:
Link: "https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t1749-kyorin-the-snake-acer"

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

EXP : 9600
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:58 am

[OOC--I might try swinging in on this as well. perhaps even Kyorin could leran a thing or two. Or they could just go on without me. that's fine too.]

Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok

Incidentally, the Dai Li that had wandered past had almost seemed to be looking for trouble. Perhaps a few months ago, Isikiro Sherazi Anazalrok might have been seen as little more than an aggressive street-rat, but at this point she was a respected middle-class citizen who was working on starting her own mining business.

Maybe it was because of how she walked or how she dressed, or perhaps even how she spoke, but within moments there was a commotion heard, and the Dai Li wereduking it out against this woman. They were skilled and strong, as Dai Li are expected to be, but this girl--this stocky little worker with a thick country accent--was powerful. There was force behind her moves, and there was also finesse. It was hardly two buildings away from the abandoned house, and there was obviously plenty of ruckus.
Mood: Happy
Link: Isi

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am

Zaila

The Earthbender was just starting to rise when he heard the commotion outside, seemingly very close by. He gulped and lay back further against the wall, as if trying to somehow become one with the rock and hide forever.

He extended his senses outwards to try and get a position on the commotion, but froze when he sensed somebody even closer by. If his senses were as good as he thought (and they usually weren’t) then there was somebody on the roof of his building, apparently looking for him. Was it the Dai Li?

Deciding he wouldn’t wait around to be imprisoned, he leapt to his feet and punched upwards, sending the portion of roof where he could feel a person shooting upwards. As soon as he did so he vaulted through the window once more and rushed in the direction of the other people he had felt, with the idea of getting lost in whatever was happening there.

He realised straight away that it was a bad idea, though. The Dai Li agent from earlier was there with a female Earthbender, who seemed to be holding off the agent with apparent ease. Zaila gulped and turned back, but knew that whoever was on the rooftop would be after him soon too. He was caught between a rock and a hard place – and this rock didn’t want to bend.

He started to turn his head quickly between the pair, alternating as shallow breaths came out of his mouth. His feet started to move and then froze as anxiety built its way up his body. He backed up slightly, looking for a way to escape, but he couldn’t see one. He panicked before backing up, touching the wall with his bare shoulders.

He raised both his arms up in a fighting stance, his eyes darting between the people in front of him. The wall began to shake behind him as his panic increased. ”P-Please, I just want to leave! I’ll go back to the Lower Ring, just let me go!”

Mood: Ready

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Kyorin

He was almost leaning off the building to get a look of this kid, not wanting to reveal himself just yet. The boy was curled up in a ball, seeming quite sad. Then, all of the sudden, the boy had jumped onto his feet in an earthbending stance. Kyorin leaped back, nearly avoiding a rock jutting up from the rooftop right where he was standing a moment before. Strange, he was sure that he was as quiet as a mouse on the roof. Had he slipped up somewhere? Made some small noise? No matter the case, the boy was on the run now, quickly disappearing around the street corner. "Damn it," Kyorin cursed himself. He was slipping, not being in a confrontation in quite some time.

He followed the boy around the corner and down a few blocks. He rounded another corner, and he swore he could already hear a battle ensuing. Was someone fighting the past Dai Li agent? His suspicions were confirmed when he followed the boy around the corner and saw a younger girl fighting the Dai Li off easily. She could deal. It was the boy that he was focusing on. He took in his emotional state, seeing the sweat of fear dripping down his face. Kyorin saw the wall behind him vibrating viciously, just from the kids emotions. If he had this power inside of him, best not to make him fight in the middle of the Upper Ring.

To try to settle the kid down, he just sat cross legged, and gave him a smile. "Son, I have no intention of hurting you or arresting you. If you want to leave, that's alright with me. But, I'll ask of you to come sit with me. I'll make sure the Dai Li agent behind you fighting that girl doesn't come close." He began, hoping it was working.

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 7:31 am

Zaila

Zaila gulped as the man who had been following him appeared. He glanced uneasily at him, but averted his eyes when it looked like they might make eye contact. The man began to speak to him, and the young Earthbender gulped again.

”What do you want with me?” he asked loudly, his voice packed with emotion. ”I’m sorry for being in the Upper Ring, but I just wanted to learn; I’ll leave, just please let me go!”

When he noticed that the man was sitting upon the ground, the teenager began to breathe unsteadily. Was this a trick? With his hands on the wall, Zaila couldn’t sense any deception from the man – there was no increase in heart rate or breathing as far as he could tell. Hedging his bets, he stepped away from the wall and felt his senses dull once more. He sat upon the floor and looked properly at the man for the first time.

He didn’t seem to be as old as Zaila had first thought, which seemed to calm him slightly. He looked up pleadingly at the man, his eyes constantly darting to the Dai Li Agent who fought near to him. ”Why were you spying on me? I was just about to leave!”

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin smiled heartily at the young man as he sat down. He was older than Kyorin first thought. "I know you wanted to learn, why else would you be standing in front of a school?" Kyorin cursed at himself. That was no way to start. "Sorry," waving a hand in apology. "You are forgiven for being in the Upper Ring. And I wasn't spying on you, I was on an errand for the Queen. I saw you break that Dai Li's glove, and that's no easy thing if you haven't been properly trained. You have talent kid. I came here with a sort of an offer. Now, the Queen is going to chew me out for this, but you deserve this chance." Kyorin reached into his coat and pulled out a small bag of money, tossing it to him. "Here's some gold for you to live off of for some time. I would like to see you in a real fight. Later, of course. I'll bring tea. Is that ok with you?" Kyorin asked with the tilt of his head.

The tilt was more for looking over his shoulder at the fight that was strangely still happening. Idiot agent, he should know to back off now. Probably some pride of his spurring him on.

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Almost as if they had read minds, the agent that was still scuffling with the woman was soon blasted right back out of the alleyway, where he hit a wall and was knocked unconscious. It seemed that, despite his skills, this common girl had been able to easily best him, for she emerged a moment later, basically unscathed. The Dai Li were all usually fairly skilled earthbenders (especially those in Queen Meili's innermost circle), but they were not all masters. Isikiro on the other hand, while generally mild-mannered and easy to overlook, harnessed some seriously dangerous powers under that small and stocky frame of hers.

she turned and glanced at the two people in front of her, and raised her arms to about chest level, her palms out.
"Ey, don' look at me... 'e started it. 'parently duzn't think Ah b'long here 'r sumthin'." she didn't know who these others were, although one of them did look like another Dai Li agent,m and so she wanted to make sure that he knew that she had not been the aggressor here. Similarly, she was not terribly poor anymore either, and actually had friends and acquaintances in the Upper Ring of the city, no less.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Zaila

The teen began to wring his hands as the man pointed out the obvious. He looked away, feeling thoroughly ashamed for asking the question. When he spoke of forgiveness, the teenager looked up with hope. Perhaps he wasn’t going to be in more trouble after all. At the mention of the Queen, however, Zaila decided that he had tried to Earthbend at the wrong person.

The bag fell into his lap and he glanced at it before looking up in confusion at the man. He pulled the drawstrings on the bag and let out a loud gasp as the shimmer of gold crossed his eyes. His mouth stayed open and he looked up at the man, before looking back at the sack.

”Yeah, whatever you say man,” he said, putting his hand in the sack and touching the gold coins. His fear had vanished with the appearance of the money, and his mind was instead focused on the things he could buy – perhaps for once in his life, he could go to bed with his stomach full and a roof over his head. Maybe he could even buy new clothes; he had never seen so much money before.

Zaila jumped as he heard another voice, this time distinctly female. He looked up quickly to see that it was the woman who had been fighting the Dai Li agent who was speaking. Her voice was heavily accented and her clothes reflected her rough nature. The boy pulled the drawstrings on the sack and closed it before rising to his feet and nodding at the man who still sat.

”I’m sure you know how to find me. The name’s Zaila, by the way,” he said, raising the hand not holding the sack in a kind of half-wave. He then turned to the woman, smiling softly. ”Maybe we should head back to the Lower Ring – we don’t wanna get in any more trouble – not that you can’t handle yourself, of course,” he said to the woman, assuming that they both lived in the poorest part of the city.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 pm

"Ah'm Isikiro..." the earthbender introduced herself, "Isi f'er short if y'want." Isikiro's accent was not exactly something she could hide, and she didn't need to emphasize it any more than it already was, so she simply accepted it as part of who she was and couldn't exactly try to hide it. However, she was also very defensive of it, and so those who criticized it at all were usually reacted to with a very vehement force.

But that wasn't important right now. "Ah'm fahn with takin' a trip t'th'lower ring if y'want." she shrugged, "Ah 'kin maybe learn a bit 'bout where y'live..." she was actually familiar with it herself, although she had moved up in life thanks to the generosity of a very benevolent benefactor.
Earthbending was not her only skill, after all. She worked in a construction business, and was also a miner and a builder. Perhaps she could help, even if she wasn't aware of it just yet.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 am

Zaila

With a look of confusion on his face, Zaila scratched his head. ”Don’t you live in the Lower Ring too?” he asked, and then immediately regretted it. If this girl could beat a Dai Li agent with such ease, she could surely crush the teenager in the palm of her hand. He laughed awkwardly before raising a hand in farewell to the other man.

”Well, come round whenever. As I’m sure you were planning to do anyway…” Zaila trailed off slightly, turning back to the woman. His mind began to whirr with possibilities – she wanted to see where he lived, but he didn’t really have anywhere. He shrugged and began to walk towards the wall separating the upper ring from the middle ring before freezing. He couldn’t use his secret passage between the Rings while there was a Dai Li agent right there. He turned his head slightly, trying to remember where the train station was.

”Erm, ladies first?” he said, trying to convey some sort of chivalry.

Mood: Lost

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin sat calmly as this new girl beat the agent into unconsciousness, then walked up and made idle chatter, asking the young man where he lived. Well, Kyoin's work was done. He would see him later. For now, he had to retrieve the idiot of an agent and get the tray of tea back. Great. He stood up, and bowed to the two young people as they walked off, and went to wake up the agent. He was out of their hair for now.

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm

"Me?" Isi put a hand to her chest, "Ah'm akchally in th'middle ring m'self." she didn't seem insulted. Isikiro was actually one of the humblest ladies one would ever meet, even if her circumstances had greatly improved over the last year or two. "well le's git goin' then..."

she walked down a few alleys, before reaching a wall--one that divided the Upper Ring from the Middle Ring. instead of stopping or turning to the left or right, she simply spread her arms dismissively, opening up a gap between them. Beckoning for him to follow, she'd close the gap a second after he stepped through it. She appeared to be a very attuned earthbender, no less.
"so whatcha doin' all th'way up there?" she asked curiously, "do y'got friends in th'Upper Ring?" she did, and so the idea of having a friend in a high place was not something that Isi would consider impossible. Isi wasn't necessarily outgoing, but she wasn't too shy either, and so she didn't mind trying to get to know people.

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Zaila

The teenager moved quickly to run through the passage that Isikiro had created in the wall. As they passed through he looked back, watching the rock crash back into place. He turned back to the woman and followed her again, jogging slightly to catch up.

”I was looking at the Academy, actually – I’ve heard it’s the best Earthbending school in the world,” he said, smiling at the thought of it. ”I was hoping that with some Earthbending training, I’d be able to get a real job, and maybe move out of the Lower Ring. I know that won’t be possible now, though.”

He sighed before looking down at the small sack of gold in his hand. Although it was more money than he had ever seen, it wouldn’t be nearly enough for even one term at the Academy. He had to learn somehow – he just had to.

Mood: Lost

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 am

Even after her lesson from Firelord Tarek, who was considered one of the most powerful and spiritual men in the world, a lot of Isikiro's bending tricks were just done without second thought. For her, moving rocks was about as second nature as walking or talking. In fact, if Zaila had said anything, it would take a split-second for Isi to realize what he had been talking about.

"well... thur's def'nitely more places t'learn 'bout bendin' 'en sum' stuck-up snobs at some acad'my. Ah cer'nly didn' have th'coin t'learn anythin' thur." She wasn't *intentionally* trying to crush his hopes and dreams or anything. She was strong, but charisma was never Isikiro's strong suit. She was usually the type of person who would let her fists do the talking and then her mouth after her fists were done.

"Ah mean... Ah kinda jus' learned in th'mahns... but Ah def'nitely don' recommend goin' there... well... they ain't to bad no more now... but 'fore..." she shuddered.
"so... where'dja say y'elived again? we're raht near th'lower ring raht 'round now 'n so Ah'll be gittin' us through th'wall in a couple secs."

Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:44 am

Zaila

The slightest of smiles wavered on Zaila’s face for a moment – if this girl, a powerful Earthbender, didn’t need to train at the Academy, maybe he would be able to learn in other ways too! As soon as she asked where he lived, however, the smile dropped from his visage.

”Well, I sort of don’t live anywhere?” he said, laughing slightly in an attempt to make his situation seem less dire. ”I just like to wander, y’know? Sleep beneath the stars every night, just out with nature!” His face had started to turn red as he spoke, shame racing through his mind. ”But, I have money now! So maybe I’ll treat myself and find a hotel or something!”

He looked at the woman, his face the colour of beetroot. ”I don’t suppose you have any recommendations? I don’t really know anywhere…”

Mood:

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:56 am

"well 'ey... y'do whatcha gotta. There's only a scant few thing'zin lahf tha' kin't be solved wit' sum' gud ol'fashin'd har' work. Ah reckon if y'wan'ed t'learn earthbendin', y'could probably fahnd sumun' who'd do it f'er much cheaper 'then them fancy-pants up in the upper ring." despite this, the idea that she was one of the most powerful earthbenders alive and thus had the potential to be a powerful teacher... had gone right over the coal miner's head.

"A hotel? well... Ah rekon there's a bunch of 'em in any rin o'th'city y'want. Ah dun' xactly saty in too many m'self 'nless Ah'm onna date 'r sumthin', but Ah kin probably direct'ye t'sumthin' that'd be worth y'er whahl... how much money'd tha' kid give ya anyhoo?" she asked. she wasn't staggeringly poor either anymore, but she did know a lot about money.

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:11 am

Zaila

When the discussion turned to money, Zaila smiled broadly. He opened his sack of coins and began to count, his smile widening with each coin that passed through his fingers.

”30 gold pieces! I’ve never even seen so much money! Do you think I could afford somewhere in…” he looked around suspiciously before drawing close to Isikiro. ”The Middle Ring?”

Although it wasn’t a large sum of money, Zaila was convinced otherwise – in the slums of the Lower Ring, thirty gold pieces could last you for weeks if you spent it right – unless you were mugged, of course; which was a fairly common event in such a place.

Mood: Ecstatic

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:25 am

"30 gold pieces, huh..." Isi thought about it for a moment. "tha' maht last y'bout a wek 'r so in th'Middle Ring, 'pendin' on wut y'buy 'r how y'spend it. Ah think y'could getchiself a good room f'er a bit... but then wut?" sure it would get him off the streets, but what would happen once the 30 gold pieces were spent? Did he just want a week of decent living before doing something else, or was he going to try and invest the money somewhere...

"so whatch'er plan?" she asked, now following him. it was not like most hotels weren't easily visible, after all, and so as long as one could read (heck, even Isi could read fairly well), they would have no trouble finding the building in question. Of course, Isi had a special feeling about hotel rooms herself, because the last time she had been in one, a wonderful man had made her wildest dreams come true...

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:38 am

Zaila

The teenager scratched his head. What was he going to do when the money ran out? It would be all well and good to spend a week in luxury, but afterwards he’d be back on the streets with nothing to show for it except perhaps a fatter stomach.

”I need to find a teacher; I need to learn, to become stronger!” he said, trying to psyche himself up for the idea. He started walking towards the corner of the nearby street where a hotel was situated – it didn’t seem overly expensive, but far nicer than what Zaila was used to. ”And Kyorin will be back; he said so himself,” he said, although mostly to himself. He wasn’t entirely sure if Kyorin would come back, but who would simply give out so much money without following up on it?

Once they reached the door of the hotel, Zaila paused. A menacing bouncer stood outside, glaring down at the teenager through a pair of black sunglasses. “What are you doing here, kid? This here is private property, guests only!”

Zaila gulped, fumbling around with the sack of gold that he held. ”I-I’m a guest! Or at least, I will be soon!”

The bouncer gave him an incredulous look but sighed and allowed the pair to go through. Zaila flashed a smile at Isi before passing through the doors and into the lobby. He practically skipped over to the desk and booked a room – not one of the largest rooms, but far larger than he had ever experiences.

”Erm…” Zaila said, returning to Isikiro. ”Thank you, Isikiro. You’ve been a great help!” He glanced upwards at the ceiling, as if contemplating what to do next. ”Y’know, I can probably order some tea if you would like a cup?”

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 am

"A teacher, uh?" she raised an eyebrow, "well... Ah'm sure thur's plenty of'em in this here town. it's cer'nly big 'nuff." she let out a rather cute laugh of her own, since it was augmented by her thick country accent. Honestly, she might have slapped herself for overlooking herself as a viable candidate. She was humble and definitely fairly patient, and her skills were top-notch.

Incidentally, Isikiro remained silent as Zaila led the way. When they encountered the bouncer, Isi had half a mind to challenge him to a fight--just for fun, rather than out of some personal beef. She was a brawler and a fighter at heart, and so there would always be that part of her that wanted to test people's strength and skills.

But it would not be today. instead they got a hotel room, and Isi did blush a little since they were alone together in a fairly intimate setting.
"Aye... ya... a cuppa tea maht be real nahs raht'round now." she insisted. "thank'ee..."
Mood: Slightly Embarrassed
Condition: Blushing

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Zaila

He nodded at the woman before turning back to the hotel counter and smiling at the woman behind it. ”Could I get some tea as well please? Lychee, please,” he said, and the woman nodded in return. He moved over to the stairs and walked up them to his floor, noticing that Isikiro was following him. He came quickly to his room and put his key into the hole, turning it until it clicked.

The teenager’s mouth dropped open as he walked into the room. It was very spacious, a lot larger than anywhere he had stayed before. The room contained a table with four chairs around it, as well as two sofas next to a lower coffee table. A pot of tea was already on the coffee table, accompanied by two small cups.

”That was quick!” Zaila said excitedly, walking over and sitting on the sofa. He poured two cups of the Lychee tea before smiling and offering one to Isi. His eyes continued to scan the room, where he noticed two other doorways, both of which were open – one led to a bathroom, whilst the other seemed to lead on to a bedroom area.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Isi followed because she figured that she had been invited to do so rather than simply because she felt like it. if she was not invited, she would politely part ways and head home or something. Otherwise, she had time to burn, so she stuck around. These "days off" were growing on her, and even so long after the fact, she was still a bit boggled as to what to do with all that free time. But, such was the story of a girl who used to work about 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

"Looks r'mantic." she chuckled playfully, although wasn't necessarily insinuating anything between them. "an' aye... they do usually get to ya pudry fast 'round here... service's good if y've got th'coin." she shrugged. She wasn't cripplingly poor any more, but she wasn't rich. She had just comfortably worked her way up to the middle class, and she was frankly rather okay with that.

"so what're y'er plans f'er th'naht?" she asked, also not (purposely) hinting at anything. "y'doin' anythin' special?"
Mood: Calm

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaila
Zaila

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 am

Zaila

The teenager took a sip of the scalding hot tea, feeling warmth rush through his system. There was nothing like a cup of tea to wash away the worries, it was true. His face turned red both from the heat of the drink and the girl’s comments of the place looking romantic, which he hadn’t even considered until then.

”Probably just relax! It’ll be nice to spend a night off of the streets, but I don’t think I’ll get used to how soft everything is,” he said with distaste, pushing the cushion next to him. ”I’m so used to sleeping rough, I’ll probably end up sleeping on the floor!” He laughed softly, a smile slowly growing on his face. Suddenly his future was bright and open – something that he had never experienced before. No longer would he have to rely on underhanded work each day just to get food.

He looked up at the girl and made eye contact with her, as if seeing her for the first time. His mind exploded with possibilities and he leant forwards towards her. ”Hey! You’re a magnificent Earthbender, would you be able to show me some moves? If you’re not too busy, that is,” he said, quickly offering the woman an exit if she didn’t want to teach him.

Back to top Go down
Isikiro
Awesome Member
Isikiro

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Isi took small sips of her tea, as to keep from overwhelming her throat with the delicious hot liquid. she was slightly biased as to the romanticism part, given that most of the time when she stayed a room like this, it was usually on a date (which in turn led to... "other things" of a rather intimate nature.)

"th'softness is purdy nahs, akchally." she indicated, "Ah think y'll git used'ta it purdy quick." Isi could actually relate, given that she had been in similar circumstances. Well, she had not been homeless, but she had had to put in long hours every day without stop, just uin order to keep her and her family fed. She was used to hard and uncomfortable conditions.

At his request, she shrugged. "well... when'dya wanna do it? Obviously we'd hafta go outsahd... Ah can't ever use m'bendin' insahd... too destructive... not since..." she trailed off, remembering that the last time she *had* done this, the results had been... violent. She didn't like thinking about that though. that was her old life, and one that she never wanted to go back to in any way, shape, or form. Well... except maybe getting her father back, but that was water under the bridge.
So instead, she took a sip of tea and awaited his reply.
Mood: Calm

Last edited by Isikiro on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for a Master [OPEN]   Search for a Master [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Search for a Master [OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next