The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:43 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara was generally a pacifist at heart herself as well, given that she didn't see (no pun intended) any real productive reason to instigate fights when things could be resolved diplomatically. Katara was fairly charismatic, or maybe intimidating. She had a blunt, straightforward method of speaking, although was fairly clever with these words.
"I'm a blind street performer." she explained, about as unsurprisingly straightforward as one might have guessed. She was a blind street performer instead of just a street performer given that she was, well... blind. if she was a doctor, she'd be a blind doctor. if she was a warrior, she'd be a blind warrior (and so on so forth).

"To be fair," she retorted without skipping a beat, "I know you're lying. "and to be fair, that's why I didn't see anything wrong with what I did."
She paused, eating more of that delicious meat and potatoes. "but also to be fair... it's water under the bridge. no hard feelings or anything..."
Mood: Neutral
Condition: Calm
Link: Katara

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 7:16 am

Kei

"You're blind?!" Kei asked with honest belief. Sure the girl was blind, but she definately didn't act it.
"No way," Kei said, not believing her, then proceeded to hold up three fingers, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Oi oi oi," Kei quickly said, "This is definitely not fair, how is it that you're already on your second plate and I've yet to eat my first one?"

Mood: Calming
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara's face lengthened. "really? the white eyes and the scars didn't tip you off?" One other way to tell was to look at her eyes when she faced Kei. Even when Katara was "looking" at someone, her eyes never seemed to be in focus.
When Kei held up his fingers, however, Katara raised one of her gloved hands slightly, before simply saying "three."

She raised an eyebrow then at his complaint. "because I took initiative and managed to get myself a new one. you chose not to, and so you don't have one. Surely you don't expect me to grab a plate for you, hmm?"

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

Kei

"As blind as you look," Kei said, "You don't do a good job of playing the part." Kei put down his fingers and shook his head, "This is just an example."

"Long story short," Kei simply said, "That's about all I want at the moment."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 3:36 am

Z. Katara Len

With a shrug, Katara rolled her shoulders. "well... there's a story behind the gloves I'm wearing, as well as my heat sense, but I'm sure you wouldn't want me to bore you with mumbo-jumbo about Primal Firebending or whatnot..." she was certainly not trying to advertize herself or anything. Katara was a terrible saleswoman.

"mm? well I'm not about to go and get your plate for you or anything," she shrugged again, "I got mine, I figure you can get yours. you've got two working legs and two working arms... heck, you've even got two working eyes, which is more than what I can say..."

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 3:41 am

Kei

"Primal Fire bending?" Kei asked curiously, "I don't know what that is, but it definitely sounds like you've been scammed."
Truth was, Kei actually did know what Primal Fire Bending was, but such a skill was very rare and he doubted that the girl was one.

Glancing over at the line, Kei said, "Well, you know what they say, life is too short to be spent standing around in line, so that option is not happening."
Kei had a whole book of great excuses he could use, too bad everyone he ever ends up in an argument with is never easily swayed by them.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:15 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara rolled her eyes. "Did you fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down?" she quipped. she didn't know that he was purposely playing ignorant, although she was aware that her skills were in fact primal. it explained her innate ability to sense her surroundings without having ever been taught, as well as her pure, raw power. But, she'd spare the mumbo-jumbo.

"that's fine with me then," Katara shrugged, "I've got my food so I've got nothing to worry about... and if your life's too short to be waiting in line, mine is definitely too short." there was truly no way she'd go and get him more food. if he wanted it, he'd have to get it himself.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:41 am

Kei

"Hey now," Kei said, "that's a bit harsh, you make for terrible company at a party you know, what, with the whole insulting me for no reason thing and all."

Kei sighed to himself, saying, "Jeez, I sure miss the good ol' days when the whole sharing is caring thing was still a big deal. Now everyones too focused on their own happiness to worry about mine. It's tragic really."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:29 am

Z. Katara Len

The blind girl tilted her head with what could only be called curiosity. "you really are a quaint fellow, you know that?" this was much less an insult and more of an observation. Katara did not understand this man at all. she assumed he was in his early 20s or late teens or something, but she had been wrong plenty of times before. people didn't always act their age, including herself (although in many cases, people thought Katara was older than she was, but that was likely due to the PTSD).

"well, maybe if you had willingly shared with me, I might have thought about it. but, you made your bed, so I guess it's time for you to sleep in it." really, it had been his fault, and that was not just her saying that to try and villainize him or anything. But, she could continue this argument just as well.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:04 am

Kei

"So I've been told," Kei replied, "though usually in cases when people come to my door and sell some kind of product. Well, I hate to break it to you before you get to the real introductions, but I'm broke."

"I refuse to accept that bed, it sounds cold and hard. You can have it if you want, besides, the night is too young to be sleeping, especially on an empty stomach."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Z. Katara Len

"well there you go then... you certainly don't seem too broke, but maybe that's just a bad assumption. did you make a big investment recently or something?" she was just curious and not really thinking about it too hard. She was no economist and knew hardly anything about this guy next to him anyways, so it was just small talk, really.

"point... completely missing it." Katara quipped with a shrug. "ah well." she went back to her delicious meat and potatoes. Sure it might have been a "man's meal", but that didn't mean that a lady couldn't enjoy it all the same--even a teenaged blind girl.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:57 am

Kei

Kei gambled a lot hoping that one day he'd get lucky and finally hit the ultimate jackpot. That itself was kind of like a investment, right? Whether it was or wasn't, he decided it was best not to tell her that. Most people usually look down on stuff like that.
"Nah, not really." Kei said, "It's just that times are hard currently, it's hard to make an honest living nowadays."

Kei would have returned to eating his delicious meal too if he had one. But alas, he didn't, so he continued to sit there, hungry.
Kei sighed to himself then asked the girl, "So what? Did you come to the party by yourself? You should always bring back up you know. Creepy middle age men who like to take advantage of younger girls tend to not do so when they are in a group."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara shrugged. "I bet it's easier when you can see." she quipped. She was just a simple street performer, since there wasn't a whole lot else she could do without being able to see proper. Of course, those gloves of hers did help, but Katara didn't feel they would be precise enough unless she burned a lot of focus on them. Maybe she was underestimating them though? Minali did good work.

"I came here with some friends," she responded, eating her food. it wasn't like she was stopping him from getting some more himself--she was simply not going to get him any. "besides... the last guy who tried attacking me got blasted away down an alley. that's a long story though." it had been with Zevran, a man that was also at this party, probably drinking it up with his buddy Oghren or something.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Kei

"Yeah, seeing definitely helps," Kei said, "but still, it's not a enough to resolve my situation." Kei than sighed, and muttered to himself, "and I was told being broke was like a sinus infection, you just have to stop picking at it until it goes away..."

"Where are your friends?" Kei asked, it seemed odd that they weren't with her.
"Isn't blasting some guy in a alley a bit too much? That's definitely a bit too much. What did he even try to do? Did he try using some pick up lines on you?"

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:14 am

Z. Katara Len

With another shrug, Katara also had another quip. "well, why not get a job then? or rob a treasury? or become a pirate?" Katara had heard tales of a pirate named Raeya who had retired by the age of 35 after amassing enough wealth to buy an estate in three nations, and still have money to spare.

"well... I'd point them out, but then I'd have to focus my gloves and senses, and I don't want to do that. suffice to say, people like Zevran, Jurishe, Akhet, and Minali are all probably around here somewhere. I know I ran into Zevran not too long ago..."

As for his other question, well that was touchy for a lady.
"He was trying to assault me--or worse." she said in a rather sour tone. "don't you *dare* try to justify what he attempted. there's just no justifying that."

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:31 am

Kei

"I'm going to have to pass on both of those suggestions, they seem way to dangerous and probably wouldn't be too good for my health." Kei replied, "Actually, I work as a Jack-Of-All-Trades. I mean sure, it isn't really that big of a company or anything, but still, it's my own thing. I know my mother would be proud of me if she saw me now."

"No no no," Kei said, reassuringly, "Don't get me wrong, I hate rapists just as much as the next guy or gal, but you just seem like a person who is actually more violent then one would originally expect. I can't help but feel that 'blasted away' is an understatement to what really happened."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

"well, the world is often a dangerous place." the teen nodded, "it never hurts to watch your step." this was not some kind of subliminal warning or anything; the most Katara would do to him would be deck him in the face, but that wouldn't happen unless she was attacked first--which in turn seemed utterly unlikely. "it makes me wonder how my mother would feel if she saw me, but I suppose that's irrelevant at the moment."

"well, if he really was a rapist, then he deserved it." she insisted, "and if he was just trying to yank my dress off, he probably still deserved at least a kick in the teeth." she shrugged. At his next question, her nearly featureless white eyes shifted.
"hrm... I guess I should work on my image. hard to really tell though when I've got no real clue what I look like." In truth, Katara used to be rather aggressive, and unlike a certain coal miner, she didn't really have a reason for her wildness--she simply acted out in bouts of rage.
"right now though? I'm completely calm." Katara reassured him. And she was. "I've gotten my shit together, which in turn made anger management unnecessary. Simple as that."

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Kei

Kei simply stayed silent, what Katara had said had some impact on him too. There were people he had lost that he often felt he could have prevented. He often wondered what life today would have been like if they were still around...
Kei shook his head, this topic was starting to head down a depressing road.
"Hold up a second, don't start bringing up such a depressing topic on me, I don't handle this stuff well." Kei said, casually, "Your going to make me cry."

"That's good," Kei jokingly stated not really caring how vulgar he was sounding, "No one likes a teenage girl who is always on her period."

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shook her head. "I dare say you are one of the strangest boys I've ever met." she shrugged her shoulders, "I really don't know what to make of about half of what you say..." she trailed off. in truth, she didn't bother trying to figure most of it out, and just chalked it up as Kei being a babbling idiot, but she at least had the decency not to spill that admission or anything.

she gave him a cold glare that could lower a room's temperature by several degrees. "I'm not sure, but something's telling me I should hit you with my gloved fist. hard. between the eyes." she warned, "hopefully that's just a figment of my imagination... right?" she was in fact being rhetorical, but come on. anyone with decency should know better than to call out a girl for being on her period--especially when she was not actually on said period.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 8:17 am

Kei

Ignoring the fact that the girl who was over a decade younger than him called him a 'boy', Kei said, shaking his head, "I'm just at a party, enjoying life, making friends, and trying to eat. I honestly don't see what's weird about that. If anything, I'd same I'm pretty average. Far more average than a teenage girl bullying a 30 year old dude."

"Oi," Kei added quickly added, "That is most definitely not a figment of your imagination, you already hit me, like 15 minutes ago. Don't tell me you forgot already. Clearly you've been drinking too much."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:41 am

Z. Katara Len

"huh..." Katara quipped, as if this was new revelation to her. In a way it was... she had thought he was in his early 20s. then again, it wasn't like she had any visuals to go by--she had not put that much thermal focus on his face or anything. "I wouldn't have guessed based on how you act. but that's good to know." she didn't really have an elitist or ageist type attitude either. Her own maturity (or lack thereof) had come from her own life experiences, which might have explained why she didn't act like most normal teens.

"I haven't forgotten that. the voice in my head was telling me to do it again though," she chuckled, "but I'll chalk it up as a figment of my imagination... as long as you don't *deserve* to be hit." she laughed. To be honest, this man was amusing, and she was actually enjoying herself.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:29 am

Kei

"So I've been told very often," Kei replied, "I just tell them back, since when did it become a thing for adults to be so serious all the time? What's wrong with just sitting back, enjoying life as some other fool does all the worrying instead?"

"Well here is a piece of advise," Kei told Katara, "Never listen to voices in your head, you never know when those voices are actually someones attempts at brainwashing you."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 am

Z. Katara Len

"well... I am of the firm belief that you can be silly sometimes, and mature at others. that's what I suppose sets apart the emotional adult maturity versus that of a teenager." she hadn't seen any of the former in Kei, which had also been why she suspected he was younger, but she didn't explicitly mention that.

"well, the voices in my head have saved my life before," the blind teen quipped as she ate some more of her delicious food, washing it down with a refreshing glass of water, but tell ya what. I won't punch you. this food is too good anyways, and I wouldn't want anyone else eating it. I want to eat it while it is still warm." Then again, she was also a firebender, and could easily heat it back up again if needs be.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 5:57 am

Kei

"So I've been told very often," Kei replied, "I just tell them back, since when did it become a thing for adults to be so serious all the time? What's wrong with just sitting back, enjoying life as some other fool does all the worrying instead?"

"Well here is a piece of advise," Kei told Katara, "Never listen to voices in your head, you never know when those voices are actually someones attempts at brainwashing you."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "ultimately, I suppose it comes down to what they say to you and how you choose to respond. I've heard that some people have full-on conversations with those voices. I'm not sure."
With a sip of her drink, she added, "I'm just an ordinary teen is all. you should know."

"I suppose my advice would be simply this." she shrugged, "The secret to being a winner is already knowing the mistakes losers make… and not making them yourself." Not that her life was suddenly wrapped up in all this intrigue though, but Katara was very observant--and not one that liked making mistakes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next