The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:50 am

Kei

I really should eat something better than this. Kei thought to himself as he sat at one of the very long tables at Meili's Party. In front of him were an assortment of cakes, sweets, and a strawberry shake. Kei knew this much was bad for his health he was probably destroying the sugar levels in his body, but dammit, the deserts were amazing. Kei honestly couldn't say the same for the main dishes however, but that was simply because upon arriving at the party, Kei jumped straight for the deserts.

In his world, sweets were a delicacy, but that was because Kei never really bought. Their prices at stores were often outrageous and vegetables were far more cheaper. As a result, his usual diet would consist of whatever vegetables were on sale that week.

Today was different however, everything was free, which also included the deserts. Kei would not hold back.

While digging into his 'meal', Kei accidentally knocked over his strawberry milkshake across the table. Thankfully it all remained on the table and didn't get on anyone, but it made a huge mess and completely when into someone else's meal who was sitting besides him.

Kei saw that the person sitting next was a girl, perhaps in her teens. Also he wasn unsure whether she noticed or not, but when she did, Kei was hoping she wouldn't make a very big scene over it.

Looking over at the girl, Kei said a bit awkwardly, "Um, before you do anything, I'd like to apologize."

Mood: Somewhat Worried
Condition: Healthy

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:21 am

Z. Katara Len

Well... it wasn't a party unless something went wrong. as Katara was stuffing her face (without being a slob or a savage about it, mind you) the idiot next to her spilled his milkshake pretty much all over her plate. Well, that was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest, but because of those awesome heat-sensing gloves that Minali had built, she could detect the cold milkshake everywhere.

"you klutz." she quipped, "so do you wanna go get me some more food for spilling mine everywhere?" Not that Katara was bitchy or anything, but it was kind of aggravating when something went wrong thank to someone else's stupidity. Katara therefore felt that her request was perfectly reasonable, even if her tone had been (admittedly only slightly) a tad bit sharp.
Mood: Slightly Irked
Condition: Perfect
Link: Katara

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:51 am

Kei

Looking back at the line to get the food, Kei noticed it had really grown since he had first arrived. As much as he would have like to help the girl out, Kei was NOT waiting in that line.

Perhaps he could trick the girl into letting him off.

"Aww, come on, don't be like that," Kei complained, fakingly, "it's only a strawberry milkshake you know. Although I haven't really drunk any of it yet, it looked pretty good, I'm sure you would enjoy it."

Continuing, Kei spoke, trying to make the situation seem less bad, "I mean, I know it's mixed in with your food and all, but seriously, only spoiled kids complain about their foods mixing. In the end, all the food is going to end up in the same place anyways."

Mood: Calming

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:11 am

Z. Katara Len

See... with those gloves, Katara knew that the line was pretty long even without having to even turn around. They were truly a technological miracle. But then again, while Katara wouldn't know it, Kei was very well familiar with the works of Minali, as well as her husband Akhet, and even her sister-in-law Zulera.
"well tell you what--you go grab us some food to share, and I'll watch yours in the meantime." with a rather deft movement, she shifted the plats, putting hers in front of him and his in front of her.

Truth of the matter was, was Katara wasn't very picky, but it was the thought of the thing that mattered. He wasn't even *trying* to make it better; he was just hoping to diffuse the situation.
"it can't be that bad," she quipped. If he was going to preach to her about how milkshakes and potatoes were somehow delicious, she'd "watch" him eat it while she helped herself to his roast beef and (non-milkshake-infused) potatoes.
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 am

Kei

"No-no-no-no" Kei said attempting to switch the plates back with her, "You're still a growing girl, I'm not letting you eat only sweets for dinner. It's bad for your health."

Yea, he was not about to eat the strawberry-milkshake-infused-mashed potatoes and roast beef. That was definitely gross. He'd much rather have his plate full of sweets on it.

"Anyways, don't worry about watching my food, I'll keep you company and wait for the line to die down." Kei said motioning toward the line, though in his head, Kei knew the line wasn't about to get shorter any time soon. At this point, he was just trying to get his meal back.

"For now," Kei continued, "Let's just sit here and enjoy our own meals and this fine evening."

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 am

Z. Katara Len

The first thing Kei would notice when he tried to switch the plates back was that Katara didn't let go, and she didn't yank it back. Her grip simply tightened and so the plate remained in front of her. Despite being blind, she also gave him a wordless glare. She was not going to back down. Like, not at all.

"you serious?" she snorted, "I need all the high-calorie shit I can stomach." She didn't explain why, but there was validity to her statement given that her metabolism was abnormally fast. The gloves did help slow it down (or rather, the heat production, which was one of the causes of Katara's fast metabolism) a little, but it was still faster than average even then.

"Hey... that sounds like a good idea. you eat what's in front of you, and I'll eat what's in front of me." With the hand that was not keeping a deathgrip on Kei's plate (and thus keeping it in front of her), she popped a sweet into her mouth. that klutz had made his bed, now it was time for him to sleep in it.
Condition: Not Relenting

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:28 am

Kei

"Being as young as you are right now," Kei said, still trying to convince the girl to let go of his plate, "I'm sure your metabolism probably is high, but just watch, in a few years, it's seriously going to slow down. When that happens, you won't be able to eat like this without gaining extra weight. I suggest we help you practice on your diet now so you can be ready for that future."

Kei continued pulling on his plate, but had no success on getting it back. The girl had a crazy grip on it.

"By our own meals, I really meant our OWN meals, you know, the one we picked out ourselves. You don't necessarily have to eat my food, there is more than enough here at this party to not worry about sharing." Kei complained he continued making terrible excuses.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara's glazed eyes glared right at Kei, giving him a rather obvious view of her scars and her colorless eyes. It was clear the girl was actually blind, but that clearly didn't seem to mean that she wasn't aware of her surroundings. Swapping plates would not be enough, which was why the shrewd young firebender was not giving in.

Katara kept one hand on the plate and began eating with her free hand. "That's why I'm going to enjoy my years of eating plenty while the going's still good," she retorted without skipping a beat.

"I'm eating your food because you ruined mine and weren't willing to replace it, so I replaced it for you." she girl replied matter-of-factly. Kei was fighting a losing battle. Luckily Katara was (usually) not hostile.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Kei

Katara's eyes were colorless, but that didn't cause Kei to think she was blind because she didn't act like it. It didn't cross Kei's mind that she was blind and that she was able to identify her surroundings with her heat sense.

Still pulling on his plate, Kei said, still trying to make excuses, "All those sayings of make the most out of your youth is just an excuse to get kids to play outside. I wouldn't listen to them if I were you. You don't have to go out of your comfort zone to be happy."

"Ruined is just a matter of opinion, and for all you know, you're food could seriously be a lot better than you think. Who knows, perhaps you can discover the odd combination of strawberry-milkshake-potato to be so good, you can start up a 5 Star restaurant with the strawberry milkshake combo to be you're biggest award winning dish." Kei lied about all this, it was all bull. It was a fact of life, Strawberry Milkshakes and potatoes do not go together.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 am

Z. Katara Len

A lot of people wouldn't have thought Katara was blind, although the scars on her face that looked like large cuts bisecting her eyes might have tipped a few off. They did not still bleed, but they were dark and prominent.
"I'll do what I want, thank you very much," she insisted, "and I will right my wrongs. Don't make me punch you in the face, man. Because I will."

Katara did take her food very seriously, after all. During her earlier life, she had usually eaten fairly scantily, but now that her life was getting back in order... well, she liked to eat. she never really realized how energized it could make her, given the nature of her body and its metabolism. So yeah. in fine, she was going to remain fairly defensive.

"or you could just man up, admit you fucked up,l and get me another plate. This isn't exactly a chivalry thing. this is just called common decency."

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 am

Kei

"See now you're getting real excited," Kei said in remark to Katara's punch him in the face threat, "Clearly that's a sign of eating too many sweets. You should lay off some of the sweets for now and let your body cal down for a bit."

"Psh, me mistakes? I don't even..." Kei said in an incredulous voice, despite having made an obvious mistakes just a few minutes ago.

Changing tactics, Kei decided to switch the topic of the conversation to something else hoping that the blind girl would completely forget about the current topic on hand.

"You know they say that at a party hosted by Meili, the coffee is mighty fine."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara might have been a pacifist at heart, but now and again, there came a time where there were few things that her fist in a stupid person's face couldn't solve. This was fixin' to be one of those times.

Not to say Katara was a jerk, but there were a few items of common decency that she felt she had been denied here. Luckily it hadn't gotten on her dress, otherwise she would have been quite pissed off.
"Y'know what else is good?" she raised an eyebrow for a moment, her free hand stopping in its endeavors to eat more of the goodies, "knocking an idiot flat by hitting him in the face."
With this, and without warning, she swung her hand right at Kei's nose. Katara had a mean left hook.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 am

Kei

In all honesty, Kei made the mistake of not realizing how far he was pushing Katara and with that being the case, he was not expecting the punch. The punch caught him square in the nose.

The punch didn't knock him out of his chair, but it hurt. A lot. Kei imeddiatly grabbed his nose to make sure it wasn't broken to thankfully find it wasn't.

Still holding his nose, Kei called out to the people in the party around him, "Oi oi oi, did anyone see that?! I was definitely just assaulted!"

Of course, nobody in the party really paid him or Katara attention, they were all too busy doing their own stuff.

Real annoyed now, Kei turned back Katara and said, "You know, stubbornness is a real unattractive feature in a girl. You won't be able to woo men like this."

"Anyways, You happy now?" Kei spoke, miffed, then mumbled, "Because I'm not."

Mood: Miffed
Condition: Mostly Fine

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 am

Z. Katara Len

Really, it had come down to a pride thing as to why Katara had slugged him, but really, he was being an ass and had deserved it. she wasn't sorry--just miffed that she had been screwed out of her food and that the offender had not done anything to try and rectify the situation other than indirectly say "just deal with it".

"Man up," Katara retorted to Kei's whining. "or own up to your crimes and make 'em better. Take your pick." with him holding his nose, she made quick work of his plate, since she was frankly, still rather hungry, and her aggression had caused her body temperature to rise, which in turn consumed more energy faster.

"I'm not happy now," she chuckled, "that's why I punched you. but now that your food is gone, I might just go up and get me some more." No, she was smugly satisfied at this point.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 am

Kei

"I'll pass on both options, I'll just sit here in sorrow over my lack of food." Kei told Katara, noting how she had just eaten all of his food.

"You know I'm pretty sure I'm short end of the stick right now, I still haven't eaten and I got punched." Kei said, "The least you can do is make me a plate as well."

Mood: Miffed
Condition: Mostly Fine but Hungry

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:10 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara couldn't help but crack a smile of justice here. "well... you know that if you had gotten me food to replace the plate you ruined, I wouldn't have eaten yours, and none of this would have happened, including the punching." she reminded him.

"but tell you what... you get food, and I'll get drinks? or or maybe the other way around?" the lines were about the same after all (according to Katara's senses anyways), and so she felt that the deal was fair. let it not be said that Katara was always an asshole; she just sometimes got aggressive when someone wasn't listening to reason.
Mood: Satisfied
Condition: Calm

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 am

Kei

Kei commented, still miffed, "This is how wars start. One side accidentally does something wrong and the other side asks for an unreasonable request in return in order to make up for the accident."

When Katara proposed her idea of how she would get the drinks and Kei get the food, Kei couldn't help but feel that was unfair.

"You know, that's not really fair." Kei said, he was really hungry now by the way, "All I wanted to drink was my strawberry milkshake (Which is currently all over the table). I still have this serious urge for a strawberry milkshake as my beverage. They do not however, have the strawberry milkshake with the other beverages, but rather, in the desert section. I myself will be in the desert section anyways as my must refill my plate which was 'cleaned' by you. Since I will be in the desert section, I could just grab my beverage. Because that's the case, the only drink you really have to get is your own drink."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara rolled her glazed, colorless eyes. "if the Kei Nation wants to try and wage war against the Katara Tribe, then by all means, let's Agni Kai this shit right up in here." she nodded towards the door that led outside to a wide open space. It seemed Meili had thought ahead as far as personal disputes, "otherwise, just man up and realized you fucked up, and then try to make it right. it's that simple."

most of Kei's little speech went right over Katara's head since she wasn't really listening. "I'll see you back here in a few minutes then." she purposely cracked a blind joke before standing upm, and scanning the line. detecting an opening near the front, she slipped in as the guy behind her wasn't looking, and so no one even suspected that she cut to the front of most of the line within 5 minutes, she was passing Kei with a drink in her hand as well as a full plate, and was out of his reach.

"mmm-mmm, good." she winked, as she sat down.
Mood: Satisfied

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 am

Kei

"In this modern age, fighting for honor just isn't the thing to do anymore," Kei said, referring to Katara's offer at an Agni Kai, "Besides, I'm not much of a fighter."

"Seriously," Kei said, commenting on how fast Katara returned, a bit peeved since she already got her food again, "Didn't you're mother teach you better than to cut your way in a line? Its rude."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 am

Z. Katara Len

"Feh," Katara shook her head, "pansy. fine... well... maybe we should still spar one of these times. I'm not as weak and delicate as I look." this was very true. Katara had powerful control over her very dense and concentrated primal chi energy. Not that she was the most powerful firebender (or certainly not the most skilled), but she could hold her own.

She did seem to get a little bit upset at his next remark though as she began to eat.
"I wish my mother was still alive to reprimand me at all." she muttered darkly, turning back to her food. Her father wasn't alive either, and so it was just Katara on her lonesome.
Mood: Neutral

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:27 am

Kei

Kei shook his head and sighed to himself.
"Jeez, kids these days are so violent. Sometimes its best to have a competition over other things, like rock paper scissors."

Kei realized that he struck a wrong chord when he mentioned Katara's mother. Realizing how awkward the situation just became, Kei decided that the best course of action was to pretend that he never mentioned the mother in the first place.
"Ahh, man," Kei said, looking up aimlessly into the night sky, attempting to change the subject, "The weather sure is nice tonight."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 am

Z. Katara Len

"what, you think I was talking about an Agni Kai to the death?" Katara shook her head, "don't be silly, boy. I don't believe in that kind of violence either. Maybe a bit of roughing up, but it ain't violence if your bones are intact and you ain't bleeding at all."

Katara wasn't about to slip into a bout of depression over her dead parents or anything, but she did then go back to quietly eating her food, humming something to herself as she did so. It seemed to be a little song of sorts; nothing too big.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am

Kei

"You're not real convincing on the "Fight-me-in-an-Agni-Kai' thing. From the way your making it sound, it definately sounds like I wouldn't win, and if that the case, I don't really have the will to compete." Kei plainly said, as he continued making up excuses in order to decline Katara's offer at a duel.

"Oi, don't be be quite." Kei said, sort of apologizing for the mother remark, "You're going to start making me feel really bad. I don't handle guilt very well."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Sorry," Katara shook her head, half-chuckling. "charisma has never been my strong suit." she was young, and generally introverted and secluded. However, knowing that she had friends here was comforting enough that she wasn't about to get finnicky or nervous. "but if strength has never been yours, I can respect that. I didn't get to where I am overnight after all..."
Katars technically hadn't really mastered firebending either, but instead had a certain level of skills that were rather difficult to place. In truth she was one of a rare few who were called Primal Benders, but she was not about to go off on that tangent.

She paused in her humming, turning to him not to look at him, but out of habit. She had not always been blind, after all. "ha. if you didn't handle guilt very well, you would have tried better to make things better after ruining a little girl's meal, wouldn'tcha?" she quipped. she was in fact young (17), but she was also fairly small, standing at the unimposing height of 5'2", and since she was barefooted (like many in the Earth Kingdom were), she didn't even have heels to boost her height a few inches.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 am

Kei

Truth was, Kei was actually confident in his combat abilities against most foes. Of course he would never tell this to people as he found bragging about ones own strength often caused people to want to challenge it. All this meant was time wasted on unessaccary fighting that could have been on something far more productive, like finally winning the jackpot at the local Pachinko palace.
"What exactly do you do then?" Kei asked, curious as to what this girl did. She seemed to be alone, yet was rather feisty and seemed like she was supporting herself well.

"To be fair," Kei said in remark to Katara's comment, "I still refuse to think I ruined your meal."
Though of course, with that being said, Kei sort of hinted that he knew he ruined the meal.
In retaliation, Kei said, "Not to mention, isn't it a bit wrong for teenagers to hassling some dude with an empty pocket of his food?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]   Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Sugar Levels [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next