The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breaking the Family [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aveline
Aveline

EXP : 975
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Breaking the Family [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:02 am

[OOC--the "Korra" in this story is the name of an NPC child and has no connections with the canonical character other than being from the Water Tribes]

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Long nights of lying awake in bed plagues Aveline Zianja Tosari more often than not, nowadays. The vicious cycle of her career was tearing her apart in ways that it really shouldn't have been. However, the most she lay in bed thinking about it, the more Aveline realized what the problem was. It was him.

He was the reason for this mess, and *HE* was the reason so many things were falling apart all around her. Guards were quitting or disappearing, and the higher-ups didn't seem to account for any of it, let alone give her the reinforcements she needed. She was failing because the odds had been turned against her, and a heavy weight had been added on the scale opposite her.

She was spread too thin, and worse yet, was forced into the most malevolent of moral decisions--being forced to choose between two victims. The one she chose to save would live, and the one she could not save immediately was killed. She was obviously not blamed for the murders themselves, but it looked bad on her job record for failing so much. The man she was dealing with was just too much smarter than her, and she knew it--even if she didn't want to admit it.

And so after months, the straw that finally broke the camel's back reared its ugly head, and Aveline resigned. She had honestly done everything in her power to uphold order, law, and justice, but she was not supergirl. She could not do it all herself. So... if they didn't appreciate her doing what she could--or of course, offering to better assist her, then they would lose her.
Those had been her final words of warning.
"Back me up or you lose me!"
They had chosen to lose her.

----

But simply shrugging off the problem did not make it go away. Not but a day later, and she ran into a crying youngster in a back alleyway. Now, guard or not, Aveline did have a kind heart and wanted to learn what was ailing this youngster. All she could get out of her was that a creepy guy had killed her parents. Well... Aveline might not have known for sure who it was, but she had her hunches, and this was bad. This had happened because she had left. This poor girl was an orphan because of Aveline's inactions.

No... she couldn't just leave those weaker than herself to fend for themselves. She took the child in... comforted her, reassured her... spent a few nights with her, and eventually, adopted the little girl. Korra Tonraizi was her name, and she was a little waterbending youngster hardly older than 9 or 10.
But that was not what mattered. What mattered was that Korra was safe. Aveline would protect her. She was obligated to. It was her duty...
And so Aveline would do so. Caring for this child did help ease the pain of quitting her old job for failures that were beyond her control. Hopefully... hopefully things would get better--both for Korra's sake, as well as Aveline's.
Mood: Content
Condition: Healthy
Link: Aveline

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

EXP : 1180

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Daikon

“Oh! We are getting close!” squealed Daikon in delight, as he entered his lair, having just come from the Town Hall where Aveline had just resigned her duties as guard captain.  “Everything is going according to plan!”  He continued with a giddy look on his face.  Daikon’s endgame was fast approaching; something he had planned for months was finally coming to fruition.   He had watched Aveline the entire time, watched as she was forced to decide who lives and who dies, watched as she had to suffer the consequences of her choices and watched as she tried to keep her city from falling through her fingers.   With a satisfied grin, Daikon flipped his mask in his hands before covering his face with it. “I am going out girls!” he called out to his disciples in the next room, “don’t wait up…I have a very special date tonight after all.” He cackled as he disappeared into the shadows.

For all Aveline’s security, Daikon still had no problem breaking into her house, without making sound he bypassed all her security and counter measures using an array of tricks and odd gadgets. His purposes were clear, poke the angry liontiger, and get a reaction.  As he walked through her house, however, he noticed something he did not anticipate.  A young girl sleeping in a room next door to Aveline’s…immediately his twisted mind started working. “Another tool I can use to break Aveline,” he thought to himself grinning.  He slowly slipped off his mask and lay it down near the door.  He then quietly made his way to the bed and sat down next to the sleeping girl.  He softly stroked her hair with one hand as he picked up one of her little dolls with his other.  “Hey sweetie” he whispered, “this is lovely little doll, what’s her name?” he ask in a very gentle voice.

Mood: Inquisitive
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Aveline Zianja Tosari

It's true what they say... paranoia can be a bitch. The thing that irked Aveline about it all was that even her best security couldn't keep out the one madman she was so determined to remove from her life. On the plus side though, no one else dared come near the house, for Aveline had made a rather vicious example of those who did. She was never charged for murder, since she was only acting in self-defense.  Thankfully, criminals stopped trying to get at her, or worse, the youngster who lived with her.

Of course, the long, hard days of this bearing down on her mind and thoughts did usually leave Aveline pretty zonked out by the end of the day, and so when she tucked Korra into bed and went to sleep herself, she was out like a light and asleep like the rocks she threw.

Korra was softly roused by a touch that she recognized was foreign. she blinked a few times, yawning rather adorably. She saw a strange-looking man with one of her dolls, and she was admittedly a bit surprised. "that's Asami..." she said softly. "but who are you?"
Mood: Drained
Condition: Asleep

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:21 am

Daikon

Daikon’s acting skills were unmatched.  He smiled happily at the little girl.  “Oh what a lovely name,  She is very pretty, just like you,” he said as he softly caressed the little girl’s cheek.  “Me?” he asked in response to her next question, “I am a good friend of Aveline’s.  We go way back.  You see I have a job at one of the factories and get off work late, but I really get lonely sometimes so I decided to pop in and say ‘hi’ before I went home.” He said with a gentle face and sincere voice.  “But I have not seen you around before?” he probed curiously, “have you been here long?” he asked patting his lap indicating to the young girl that she could come sit more comfortably.  “My name is Dai,” he asked softly. "What's yours"

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:31 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

It was not like little Korra was the most shrewd little thing out there ever. She was only 9 years old for crying out loud, and she was tired, confused, and awake now.  Why was she awake? it was late?
"but it's so late?" she smacked her lips softly. "I'm tired..." she seemed to want to lie down and curl up again. Then again, she had not been having pleasant dreams, and so perhaps it was for the better that such nightmares were interrupted.

"I haven't..." Korra mumbled softly. She was clad in a little orange nightgown, that might have belonged to Aveline as a child. Why she would have something like that, was beyond anyone's guess, especially given her prominent hair color.
"Momma Aveline took me in after a mean man killed my old mama and papa..." she frowned, clearly a bit upset about remembering her beloved parents' deaths.
She actually shrieked when she heard the first syllable.
"Dai..." she shuddered. "the man's name was Daikon! Are... are you him?" she looked very scared all of a sudden.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Daikon

Daikon smiled warmly and scooped the little girl up onto his lap. “I am sorry that I woke, you just looked so cute while you were sleeping and I wanted to meet the little girl that Aveline had told me so much about,” he told her, keeping up his act.  
Daikon listened to what the little girl had to say, and smiled internally when he heard that she was adopted after a ‘mean man’ killed her parents.  So that’s where he recognized her from, he did so like to leave youngsters broken.

She got scared at the mention of ‘Dai’ however.  He had thought she wouldn’t put two and two together, but she was smarter than that.  He hugged her warmly and stroked her hair gently.  “Oh no my dear, I am definitely not that bad man.  I just share a part of his name is all; you will be surprised how many Dai’s there are floating about.” He reassured her.  He picked up her doll again and put on a high pitched woman’s voice.  “So, are you feeling better now?” he asked using the doll.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:20 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Korra seemed confused. "why didja wanna meet me? I'm nobody special..." she shrugged. In truth, she was just a civillian waterbender child with no real significance other than she was an orphan thanks to Daikon's actions.

On the other hand, it was comforting when he stroked her hair, and the youngster heaved a sigh of relief as he told her that he was not in fact the madman that had killed her parents. She simply nodded softly.

As she watched him with her doll though, she realized something. This was a very finely crafted doll with fairly good flexibility, (and its clothes could come off if they ever got dirty). But, what the observant little Korra noticed, was that while 'Asami' was normally supposed to be clothed form neck to toe (since 'she' wore gloves, boots, a coat, and the whole ensemble) was that the doll's left foot was bare.
"I'm feeling better..." she nodded, "but lookie!" she took the doll, showing off it's (surprisingly rather detailed) little bare foot. "her shoe is missing! we need to find it!" it was on the floor right near where the doll had been found in the first place--an easy find, and perhaps a nice distraction for the youngster.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Daikon

Daikon chuckled. “Well, because I have heard so much about you!” He answered, rubbing her hair again.  When little Korra indicated that Asami was missing a shoe, Daikon quickly played along and looked around for it.  “Where could it be?” he asked as he leaned forward to get a better look.  He quickly spotted it however, and immediately lifted little Korra by her ankles. “It’s over there!  See if you can grab it,” he said dangling her over it.  As she hung upside down her little tummy was revealed and Daikon saw it as his chance to give her a good tickle, hoping her laugh would wake her ‘momma.’  “Tickle tickle tickle!” he shouted in an excited voice.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:06 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Korra giggled as her hair was rubbed, and peered over Dai's lap to try and see where it was. "there! there it is!" the doll's little shoe was easy to spot after all. Her room was fairly clean other than a few other dolls and toys lying around.

Korra let out a little squeal as she felt her ankles get lifted. She had on these blue little socks, and as her nightgown tumbled past her chest, it revealed a pair of blue panties with little swirling water patterns on them. Korra didn't seem to mind that much, and grabbed Asami's shoe with ease. "I got it!" She had hardly replaced it on the foot of the doll when she squealed, flailing her arms as she was tickled. Those loud shrieks fill the air, and were not unheard throughout the house...
----
a room over, Aveline jolted awake, grabbing the knife she slept with. After a pause, she realized the screams were screams of... laughter? throwing the knife down, she tiptoed over to Korra's room. Despite being 5'10" and 170 pounds, Aveline moved rather quietly nowadays. Or maybe it was because she was in nothing but a tanktop and short shorts instead of her usual metal armor. The freckles on her face did not stop at her face, and she had them all down her arms and legs too.

The scene was a bit mind-boggling for her to see. A strange man was playfully tickling a squealing Korra, the small girl's ankles in one hand and his other hand on her stomach. Her nightgown had fallen off her arms and shoulders as they flailed and struggled, leaving the youngster in just her socks and panties.
But that was not what triggered the look of shock and horror on her face--what had done that, had been the obviously-placed mask that she noticed at the side of the room. Her mouth did not gape open, but her eyes had a considerable mixture of... well, of a lot of things, many of them conflicting.
Mood: What Even
Condition: Awake

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:28 am

Daikon

Daikon smiled wildly as Aveline walked in. Yup, she had seen the mask, and her expression said it all…Shock and horror. Best of all, her beloved Korra was sitting on his lap, best human shield Daikon could ask for. “Aveline! Looking good! Not at all like a frustrated, washed-up, sleep-deprived, ex-guardcaptain hunting a criminal master mind clearly smarter than her!” He chuckled, looking at Korra, “I just met your ‘daughter’, and apparently a bad, bad man murdered her parents!” Daikon then smiled at Korra and pretending he was playing, covered her ears before looking straight at Aveline, “be careful how you answer, wouldn’t want to traumatize the poor girl,” he said grinning wickedly and letting go of her ears.

Mood: Wicked

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

The first thing that Aveline noticed was that apart from the youngster's feet and loins, she was naked and exposed, and worse yet, was a human shield right now, meaning she couldn't reasonably attack him without putting her at risk.
Instead, she took a much more direct approach, but not before gasping with surprising audacity "Daikon!" She knew who it was easily, of course. She could put two and two together, mind you.

"let. her. GO."
Korra did suddenly seem very uncomfortable and tried to wriggle out of Daikon's lap to get her little nightgown back on, and Aveline was still glaring daggers at Daikon, almost daring him to try something. If he so much as laid a finger on little Korra, Aveline was going to have it out for him. She was sick of this, and the poor child had been dragged into it against her will. She was the center of Aveline's life... a symbol of hope that there could be a way around all this. But first... it was time to deal with the monster in the room.
Mood: What Even
Condition: Awake

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Daikon

Anyone looking Daikon in the eyes would see the madness behind them.  As Aveline mentioned his real name and demanded that he let Korra go, he just stared at her with a maniacal grin.  He felt Korra begin to squirm and tightened his grip.  “Ssshhh now Korra…” he whispered as he slowly stood and walked over to his mask.  “don’t make a scream like your daddy and mommy did as I squeezed their eyeballs into their brains with my thumbs!”  He blurted out, beginning to giggle uncontrollably, but never breaking eye contact with Aveline.  

He stooped down and put on his terrifying mask.  He looked at Korra and in an ecstatic voice shouted, “BOO…IT’S MEEEE!” Daikon quickly raised his arm and from a small contraption stuck to his wrist, he shot a tiny dart at Aveline.  If it hit her, she would become paralysed for a few minutes. “I am taking Korra to the place where I first saw you Aveline…where my career started and yours ended,” he said with a grin, “meet me there in thirty minutes, or I send Korra back to you in thirty pieces!”

With that, Daikon retreated into the shadows with Korra, tossing down a smoke grenade.  He then set his plan in motion, heading over to the roof of the guardhouse where Aveline used to work, hoping she would get his clue.  He had also made sure to pay all the right people so that the guardhouse was deserted.  He set up a hangman’s noose, tying the rope around Korra’s little neck and setting her up to stand on a chair which he could easily kick away from under her.  Her entire body was also completely bound to restrict any movement. Now all he had to do was wait.

Mood: Insane

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Korra whined, whimpering and squirming as she was doing all she could not to fully panick. Aveline cringed at the description, although she did not recall that being the way the two individuals had died. Aveline's focus was fluctuating from Daikon to the panicked little Korra in his arms. This focus did not wane until Daikon put on the mask, where Korra's panicked expression struck Aveline just like the dart that struck her next. Curse her for being so damn exposed. Well... what was she supposed to do? wear her armor to bed?

She fell to the floor on a paralyzed slump, unable to move as Daikon taunted and threatened her, with the still squealing and struggling (and nearly-naked) youngster in his grasp. She had failed. She had to get up. She had spent her life defending others from people like this. First a disgruntled ex-soldier that had turned to the city guard, and now a disgruntled ex-guardswoman whose single remaining joy in this life was this little Water Tribe kid she had picked up off the street. No... they could not take that away from her!

Aveline got dressed, throwing on her thick pants and leather chest-guard over a white blouse, and donned a pair of rocky-colored shoes before meeting Daikon right on time. Korra was whimpering, bound from head to foot, before noticing the red-headed ex-guardswoman approaching.
"MOMMA HELP!" she cried out, squirming but not too much in fear of losing her balance on the chair.

Defiantly, Aveline glared at the masked man.
"I'm here." she growled. "What do you want?"
Mood: Agonized
Condition: Stunned

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Daikon

When Aveline arrived on the rooftop where little Korra was being held, Daikon’s malicious smile grew.  “Aveline my dear!  I see you ditched your pajamas!  You know…that scrumptiously sexy and revealing outfit you wore fore little old me when we met at your house earlier?  That armor is really not very flattering!” He said with a maniacal look on his face.  He let his finger curl around a lock of Korra’s brown hair before continuing.  “Most of my test subjects woke up after a half an hour when I used the same darts I used on you earlier, yet it took you twenty minutes…well done!  However that splitting headache and nauseating dizziness you are feeling will last a good seventy-two hours...and I should probably mention that the vomiting should start soon as well as the most agonizing three days of your entire life, but don’t worry… I hope to wrap things up here before then!  You see, you were drugged by an extremely potent and debilitating poison I developed.  You have probably already discovered that a lot of your strength, speed and ability to focus have begun slipping away.  Otherwise how would little old me stand up against the mighty Aveline!?” he said chuckling.

“What do I want?” he repeated after Aveline asked him the very same question.  It seemed like he wasn’t too sure either.  Suddenly, he lifted a finger, “Oh yes! Now I remember….I want…to…burn you!” he squealed excitedly as he kicked the chair out from underneath little Korra, dropping her little struggling body down to hang helplessly in the air as the noose slowly began to suffocate her.  Daikon’s maddening laughs filled the night sky.  His end game had begun.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:22 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline did not have a response for his remark about her clothes. Her pajamas didn't need to be super modest or covering. Ideally, she would be able to enjoy the privacy of her own home and be able to wear what ever she damn well pleased. Daikon on the other hand... well, the fucker didn't give Aveline or poor little Korra a moment's rest, it seemed.

...and then this.
yeah, after hearing what the drug that was in her system did... she was convinced that Daikon was just purposely trying to make her life hell. She was not about to give him the satisfaction of knowing how angry it made her though. No wonder she felt bothersomely fatigued.... well, she'd have to make do with what she had right now though... praying for the best and waiting for next time was not an option. Not while poor little Korra was captured, those wide eyes gazing desperately at Aveline.

And then it happened--it seemed to be in slow-motion no less. She had no time to unbind poor little Korra, but she stamped her foot to make a platform appear under her feet to give the little girl something to stand on so she didn't get choked. Otherwise, she came charging like an angry komodo-rhino towards Daikon, hellbent on sendin him straight to the morgue.
Mood: Aggravated
Condition: Tense

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:37 pm

Daikon

Daikon half squealed in delight as Aveline charged towards him.  “Oh! Looks like I made momma mad!  Here she comes!”  He said as he slipped a small dagger from his sleeve into his hand.  He waited for the Aveline to get close before he swiftly ducked off to the right, holding the dagger out in an attempt to slice her mid-riff.  Not enough to kill her if it hit, but enough to cause an annoying pain and quite a bit of bleeding.  Under normal circumstances, he would want to get the hell out of the way of Aveline’s charge, but the fact that she was swimming in drugs meant he could stand toe to toe with her.  He was a cunning and nimble creature himself after all, and had picked up a lot of tricks from his murder sprees.

He quickly spun around, getting out of Aveline’s melee range, before pausing to cackle madly.  “Oh works like a charm!  Always go for family if you want to really get into someone’s head!  That…or you simply just rip the person’s head right off!  That works too!”
Daikon suddenly pointed his right arm at Aveline, and the same contraption that fired the earlier dart, was now equipped with crossbow bolts.  “Korra sweety!” he called out in a maddened high pitched voice, “watch carefully now, I am about to kill your new mommy just like I killed your old one!  Talk about Deja vu!? He said before erupting into giggles.  “Now did I strangle her or skewer her again, or was she the one whose skin just peeled off after the incident in the steam room? ooooh this is so frustrating!  I should keep a murder diary!” he cackled before launching three bolts at Aveline.  

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Maybe it was whatever she had been drugged with, but Aveline was fast enough to prevent the slash from doing much more to her chest than grazing the thick leather guard that she had on. Ever since her run-in with Daikon though, she did feel and move a lot faster. Maybe that was just an unintended side-effect? or had paranoia kicked in so hard that her body and mind just told her to react much quicker than she normally would?

While she preferred Melee fighting, Aveline could fight at a range too. Given that they weren't flying in a wooden airship miles in the sky, she always had access to earth and stone, and so, she did what she did best--started chucking rocks at him. She remained silent, and tried to keep Korra behind her so she didn't have to watch the violent scene unfold.

On the other hand, she kept her lips pursed, with a mad determination to ensure that she and more importantly Korra, got out of this shitstorm alive. her trusty shield, which was arguably a more useful weapon to her than her sword, managed to continue to block the crossbow bolts, which might have either critically injured or disabled her, or perhaps worse. Using the rocks around her as ammunition, she tried to keep the pressure on the madman, trying to drown out Korra's panicking just for enough time to finish their adversary, and continued the fight from there.
Mood: Aggravated; Determined
Condition: Drugged

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:03 am

Daikon

Daikon’s feet were as quick as his mind.  He sidestepped each of Aveline’s attacks spinning around nonchalantly and firing a few bolts at her every now and then.   “Oh come on! Rocks?!  So predictable!”  He laughed, as he avoided them, his poison obviously affecting her accuracy somewhat.  Though he could tell she was still very powerful.  “I’d prefer you getting up close!  Much more personal!” He chuckled spinning his knife in his hand.

He took a moment to glance at Korra who was scared out of her mind by now.  “Oh don’t cry my dear!  Oh I know what will cheer you up!  I’ll tell you joke!  Ever hear the one about the lunatic who murdered a certain ex-guard captain on a roof in front of her precious daughter? No? Well stick around for the punchline kiddo!”  He laughed, as he threw a small satchel of blasting jelly, primed to explode at Aveline.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:25 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Even when drugged, let it not be said that Aveline Zianja Tosari was not a resilient S.O.B. Her shield continued not to fail her, and so she prevented herself from being stabbed by any of Daikon's bolts. Even with her slightly hazy vision and her hampered speed, her reaction time was rather keen. Daikon could only blame himself for granting Aveline that ability.

Just like before, she didn't listen to anything he said, but her focus was a bit split, both keeping an eye on Daikon, and also making sure that he didn't try to sucker-attack Korra.
Korra... the poor little thing was terrified, and was panicking, but was helpless to do much more than that. She was trying not to scream, but her little heart was racing and she was squealing nervously.
"MOMMA LOOK OUT!" she shouted, perhaps a bit redundantly, when the blasting jelly was thrown towards Aveline.

Instead of using her shield this time, Aveline used a rock--which she promptly threw back in Daikon's direction. It was time to use one of his own attacks against him, and see how he liked a taste of his own medicine.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Daikon

Daikon grinned as Aveline countered his blasting Jelly attack and launched it right back at him.  He ducked, narrowly missing the projectile which exploded into a humongous fire ball a few feet behind him.  “It’s not a party without fireworks!” he exclaimed as he produced six more satchels and ignited them all.  He threw three at Aveline and three at Korra.  “There’s enough for everyone!” he cackled maniacally.   The three satchels that sped towards Aveline were filled with high explosive, but unbeknownst to anyone but Daikon, the three that landed beside Korra were simply three satchels filled with sugar.  His idea of a joke apparently.  He knew that the heavily drugged Aveline would be hard pressed to focus on all six satchels, especially the three near her darling Korra, and so in a flash, Daikon quickly flung a throwing knife straight for Aveline’s right leg.  A seemingly random attack, but it was all part of his plan.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:36 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline's mind went into full panic mode as the satchels flew through the air. She spaced herself from her own projectiles, launching herself towards Korra, and bringing up a large earthen wall between her and the explosives. A moment later they went off, while little Korra's did not, and she realized the trap. Drugged or not though, Aveline's reflexes were still on high alert. when the knife came at her, she used her shield to deflect it.

It was right around this time that she realized she needed to finish this. This shield had been the death of Daikon's henchmen (henchwomen?) and now it was his turn.
"This ends now." she grunted, and using earthbending to propel herself, she launched herself towards him, shield out, ready to bash his face clean in. She needed to stop him quickly if she wanted any chance of actually... well, stopping him, because her body was starting to yell at her. There was only so much drugging she could handle before she would need to lie down.

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Daikon

When the fake bombs which caused Aveline to visibly panic failed to go off, Daikon erupted into laughter.  “You should have seen your face!” Daikon exclaimed, “Your love for the girl is my greatest weapon!”
Suddenly Aveline charged him at great speed.  This was exactly what Daikon wanted; she needed to be mad enough to chase him to the ends of the earth for his master plan to work.  But first he needed to get rid of that ridiculous shield.  So Daikon charged Aveline as she charged him, with almost inhuman agility he leapt up towards her with both his legs outstretched towards the shield.  His feet hit the face of the shield and he bent his legs to absorb the shock, with one swift motion he pulled out the knife which was wedged in the shield and smashed a vile of his most potent acid against it before propelling himself backwards and off the shield, doing a backflip and landing gracefully.  “Ooooh!  Stuck the landing!” he laughed, taking a bow.  The acid would eat away at the shield and if Aveline wasn’t careful it would get onto her skin.  

Daikon laughed.  “Sorry about the shield, but I was getting *BOARD* of it” he laughed, “But I’ll make it easy on you!  I won’t peek…I promise!” he laughed, turning away from Aveline and Korra and covering his eyes with one hand.  His other hand then flung the knife he was holding backwards over his shoulder towards little Korra.  For someone throwing blindly, it was very accurate and would hit Korra if Aveline didn’t intervene.  This was Daikon’s most dangerous part of his plan, he expected Aveline to lose it and come after him with all her fury after he infuriated her for this long, and even a madman like Daikon knew that making Aveline *that* mad would be hazardous to his health, especially with his back turned.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:46 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Maybe it was just the poisons talking, but Aveline was starting to be convinced that what she was fighting was not human, let alone mortal. Moreover, her time was just running out, and the fact that she so far hadn't even been able to land as much as a scratch on him made her odds of winning--or even surviving this horrifying ordeal with herself and Korra both alive, look bleaker and bleaker by the scarce, fleeting second.

she knew at once what the acid that had hit her shield was, having seen it used by saboteurs once back when she had been in the military. Thus, she knew she had a matter of seconds to act. Reeling her shield-arm back, she lobbed it forward, sending splashes of that acid as well as the disintegrating shield towards her invincible adversary. If it hit him, great. if not, well... at least it got the now fatal substances away from her.

But that had been a burst of strength, which had come from energy her body didn't have. She was running on fumes, and she had to blink at least once to keep the haze that was starting to cloud her vision from spreading. As if the headache (from both the drugs and this idiot's infernal laughing and screeching) wasn't bad enough. Her time was running out, and her body had just given its final ultimatum.

But no. she needed one more burst of strength. She kicked herself back towards Korra, attempting to bring up a rock to deflect the knife, but with her failing vision, her calculations were much less accurate than they would have been otherwise, and the red-haired woman felt a stabbing pain in her stomach. She had been hit. Thankfully that thick leather guard of hers had prevented it from piercing her vitals, but it was still drawing blood.

She paused a moment, panting heavily and trying to collect herself. Korra was panicking from seeing Aveline bleeding as well, and while she knew that her screams and cries were totally rational since the poor thing must be terrified out of her mind right now, it was not helping her headache any.
Grunting, she pulled herself to her feet and put a foot forward. She let out a loud battle yell, lunging forward, her other foot striking the surface in front of the first.
But then... she faltered, feeling the ground beneath her feet slip as her body crashed against the unforgiving surface. Her body was throwing in the towel, possibly from the stab to her stomach. Groaning, she lifted her head up for a moment, unsure of what she would see--or if there was any way out of this otherwise fairly hopeless situation. It did not seem like there was this time. To her, it seemed like the end of the road had finally come...
Mood: Hopeless
Condition: Hazy; Bleeding

Back to top Go down
Daikon
Daikon

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Daikon

Daikon quickly lifted his arm as Aveline hurled some of his own acid back at him.  The acid sizzled as it burned through his sleeve and into his flesh, from his wrist up to his shoulder.  A horrible smell emerged from Daikon’s now hideously blistered arm which exhibited third degree burn damage.  Daikon seemed to get off on the pain and he threw his head back, giggling uncontrollably.  “Wooooh!  What a rush!” he yelled as she shuddered in twisted pleasure.

Daikon’s night was just getting better and better.   Aveline managed to intercept the knife intended for Korra but got hit herself, and then Daikon’s poison began to overwhelm her.  Aveline was helpless and Daikon seized his moment.  He made his way to her and kicked her brutally in her side, before grabbing her hair and smashing her head down into the ground.  “Is that it?!  Come one Aveline!  Get up and fight me!” he yelled, laughing maniacally.  
To Daikon’s disgust however, Aveline wasn’t reacting as he had hoped and he paused, looking down at her oddly.  He proceeded to curiously tap her with his foot, as if he was checking to see if she was alive.  “Well this is anticlimactic…” he said to himself shrugging at little Korra.  “Be with you in a second sweetie, just going to see if I can wake up mommy…I’m not done with her yet!” he said as he pulled out a large syringe.

He chuckled crazily as he stabbed the syringe into Avelines neck, injecting her with pure adrenalin (farmed from his victims’ adrenal glands).  “Wakey wakey hands off snakey!” he remarked as the adrenal was introduced to her bloodstream.  He laughed to himself as he knew the shit was going to hit the fan.

Back to top Go down
Aveline
Aveline

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:57 am

Aveline Zianja Tosari

Aveline's nose wrinkled as she flashed in and out of consciousness. Well... it was good to know that if she was going to die, at least her sense of smell was still fully functional. A quick, exhausted glance upward told her that Daikon's arm had been burned. Good. that fucker deserved it.

Death was soon going to take her though--she was certain. Here she was, lying exhaustedly on the ground, battered and bleeding, and ready to die. she had lost the fight, and it would probably be her last. She was at Daikon's mercy.
That was not what irked her though--no, it was knowing that she had failed little Korra's family, and more impotently, Korra herself. She had fought so hard to protect them, and had failed. Perhaps she was really was just a failure.

Either way, she kept her mouth shut once again as to not give Daikon the remarks he seemed to so desire. He was not getting any satisfaction out of the show in front of him. If he was to kill Aveline or Korra (or both), she would remain stoic and silent.

But this was not what happened, instead, she cried out when a needle hit her back. A moment later though, she sprung to her feet on an adrenaline rush, roaring out again. She swivelled her head around furiously, before locking eyes with Daikon, charging forward to greet him in a furious flight of fists of fury.
Mood: Furious
Condition: Adrenaline Rushed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Family [CLOSED]   Breaking the Family [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Family [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next