The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kitani's Home.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitani
Kitani

EXP : 310
Birthday : 2001-02-10

Character Description
Position: Citizen
Nation: Fire Nation

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:54 am

Alone. She was alone.

As Kitani shot fire blasts at the tree in front of her, in her backyard, she thought of her family, how she had never known her father, she had no siblings, and her mother was dead.

She shot another fire blast at the tree.

She was totally alone, and didn't know how much longer she could survive like this. The money her mother had left behind when she died was dwindling away even more each day. She sighed, as she shot yet another fire blast at the tree in front of her.

The tree was black and scorched, a reminder of what she had been doing for the past 4 years: training, and training, and training. Every day she came back to her back yard and shot fire blasts at this tree, hoping to eventually become a master.

She was still a long way off from that. She sighed, plopping in the grass, and looking up at the sky. I need somebody here with me. I need a friend. She thought, sighing, before standing up again and shooting more fire blasts at the tree.

Eventually she'd have to find something different to train on, as the tree would eventually fall. But for now, the tree was a perfect target. She shot another fire blast at the top of the tree, but it missed, and landed in the grass.

Her eyes widened, and she quickly ran inside, got a couple of bottles of water, and when she came back out, the fire was already blazing furiously. "Eeep!" She poured the water bottles onto the fire, and went back to get a bucket.

She quickly came back out, and splashed the water on the medium sized fire. Finally it went out. She sighed in relief, plopping back onto the grass. She needed to be more careful. She glanced at the tree, that was now even more scorched, and sighed. Well, back to training
----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, she came back out, only to find that the tree had fallen.
"Oh!" She gasped in surprise, as she walked up and circled the fallen tree.

She'd have to find something else to train on. She brushed her hair out of her face, and sighed. She went back inside and got on her dress, and also picked up a few items of food she had, a long with what was left of the money her mother had left her.

She grabbed her backpack, that her mother had bought her before she died, and put it on, and then tied her hair back into a ponytail. "It's time to leave this place for good..." She muttered to herself.

"It brings back too many bad memories, and now that my tree is gone, there is no reason to stay." She muttered, walking out the gate and down the street. "But where should I go?" She muttered.

"I guess I'll try to go where I've been wanting to go all my life."

"Ba Sing Se, in The Earth Kingdom."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Kei

Kei had jumped over a wall into somebodies yard and quickly laid low to the ground. Upon entering the yard, Kei saw a young girl who appeared to be either 13 or 14 and had dark red/brown hair. The girl looked like she was training. Kei hoped he didn't frighten her and held a finger pointed up over his mouth in order to tell the girl to be quiet. On the other side of the wall, many angry voices can be heard getting nearer.

“Shit!” One of the voices shouted angrily, “Where the hell did that man go?”
Another replied unhappy, “I think he finally gave us the slip dammit.”
“Come on,” said a third voice, “I’m pretty sure he headed this way.” The voices eventually died away as they went searching in a different area.

When the voices were gone, Kei got up and thanked the very confused girl.
“Thanks for letting me hide in here, those men had been chasing me all afternoon and I was getting extremely tired.”
Kei then scratched the back of his head and asked a little embarrassed, “I suppose you wouldn't let me hide in your house for the next day or so would you? Until they stop searching for me that is.”

Mood: Worried
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:36 pm

"Huh!?" Kitani had only made it as far as the gate as somebody appeared behind her, and asked to stay in her house. "Alright.... I was about to leave anyway." She tilited her head.

"Who might you be?" She asked, suspiciously. "Obviously somebody was after you, but why?" She asked. This guy was rather suspicious. And she didn't like it.

"I'm not afraid to use my fire bending against you if it comes to it." She stated. Even though I'm not very good at it. She thought. She glanced at the tree she had been training on, and sighed.

And here I was about to get away from here. She thought, rolling her eyes. "I'm Kitani by the way." She told him. "So, Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 am

Kei

Kei raised his opened hands to show that he had no ill intentions.
“No worries,” He casually said with a smile, “I mean no harm. My name is Kei.”

Kei continued, “You see I was gambling earlier today and I lost a lot of money to a gang leader. I didn’t pay the money so he had his men chase after me. Naturally, I ran. They kept chasing and I kept running. Wanting to lose them, I jumped over the wall into your yard.”

Kei noticed the house behind Kitani was quiet, and he asked about it.
“Is anyone else living here?” Kei asked looking into the door of the house.

Mood: Curious

Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 1:02 pm

"No, It's only me." She replied, sighing. "It's been that way for 4 years." She added. "I guess it'll be good to have somebody else with me, as long as you don't plan to murder me or something." This time she was joking, as she let out a low laugh.

She glanced back at the tree she'd been training on, that was now no more than a stump. I guess I can train on the stump. She thought, before turning back to Kei. "You a bender Kei?" She asked, curiously.

"Just wondering."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Kei

Kitani had mentioned that she was alone and from that point Kei knew something tragic had happened to her in her life. Kei didn't mention anything on this topic and instead went straight to answering her question.

"People will say I am technically a Fire Bender, but in all honesty, I can't fire bend." Kei held his hand up in front of his body and charged up electricity within it letting sparks dance between his fingertips.
"I can lightning bend however." Kei added immediately afterward.

When Kitani asked Kei this question, he also realized that she probably wanted help in her training because one could only get so far by teaching themselves.

So Kei proposed, "I can't Fire bend, but I can show you tricks and how to fight since you are willing to let me stay in your house for a few days."

Kei also added with a smile that he hoped didn't look to creepy, "I also promise I won't do anything weird while I am here." He hoped that was enough to reassure Kitani.

Mood: Laid Back

Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 10:48 pm

"Well, technically you are. Lightning is a form of Firebending." She shrugged. "But whatever." She walked passed him and leaned against the side of the house.

"I surely hope not, for your sake." She replied to his thing about 'Not doing anything weird'. "Do you go around hiding in 13 year old's houses or is this a one time thing?" She glanced at him, a gleam of amusement in her yellow eyes.

"I'm going to assume this is a one time thing." She let out a low laugh. "You know, I was planning on leaving this place and somehow getting to Ba Sing Se, if you want to come with me?" She glanced at him, the gleam of amusement in her eyes becoming a hopeful one.

"It would be better for me to travel with somebody, since I am only 13." She told him, casually taking a map she had permanently stored in her backpack out, and then sticking it back in. "Please?"
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Kei

Kei sighed, thankfully, it didn't seem like Kitani thought Kei was a pedophile or anything. He didn't want to further worsen his current reputation.

Kitani talked about how she wanted to go to Ba Sing Se and asked Kei if he wanted to go with her. Truth was, traveling to Ba Sing Se would be very tiring as it was far, but Kei couldn't let someone as young as Kitani travel on her own, she might get into serious trouble.

"Very well," Kei told Kitani, "I will take you to Ba Sing Se. Its probably best if I leave this city for a bit until those gang members are done searching for me. I also need to take care of some business while in Ba Sing Se."

Kei asked a question before they would take off. "Do you need to grab anything before we leave?"

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 am

"Nah, I got everything before you showed up. Truth be told I was about to leave this place when you appeared." Kitani replied. "I have a bunch of stuff in this Backpack I've had in there ever since I got it last year, and also what I just got before you showed up." She stated. "Well, lets go."

She headed out the gate, and waited for Kei just outside. "How soon do you think we'll reach Ba Sing Se?" She asked, curiously. "I'm hoping to get there as soon as we possibly clan." She stated, leaning against the fence.

"You said you had business in Ba Sing Se, what're you planning on doing there?" She asked another question as Kei caught up to her. She then continued down the street. "I just wanna be there to be there, and to get away from here. This house and this city bring up too many bad memories..." She sighed.

(OOC: Where do we move this to after they leave Kitani's place?)
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 am

Kei

"We should be able to cover most of the distance to get to Ba Sing Se by boat, though we will still have to cover a decent amount of land by foot. Overall, the entire travel should only take a couple of weeks. The hardest part will part will probably to find a boat that will take us."

Kei followed Kitani out the gate and she asked Kei what business he had in Ba Sing Se.
Kei responded, "There is a certain group I've been looking into that exists within Ba Sing Se. I just want to do some research on them." Kei's answer was very brief and showed he didn't want to talk about it."

As they began walking, Kitani sighed, ""I just wanna be there to be there, and to get away from here. This house and this city bring up too many bad memories..."

"Memories?" Kei asked.

Mood: Serious

[OOC: We can just keep using this thread if you don't mind, it's not really a big deal.]
Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:36 am

"Memories." She repeated herself. "My mother died when I was 9 years old, suddenly, of a heart attack." She sighed. "4 years now I've been alone here, training on that black tree that fell down earlier this morning..." She trailed off.

"Honestly, I was getting tired of it. But I needed to train, I needed to become strong." She shot a fire blast off in a random direction yet. "I wanted to become a master, of course, I'm still far from it." She glanced back at Kei.

"Now that I'm leaving this place, hopefully I'll become more free." She muttered, stopping for a minute before continuing on. "Once I get away from the memories, maybe I won't be so tied to training my firebending." She stated, putting her hands in her pockets.

"In Ba Sing Se, I hope to start a whole new life, and pretend what happened here never happened." She shrugged. "Pretend I've always been in Ba Sing Se... Pretend I never had a mother." She sighed, a tear rolling down her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 am

Kei

Kei realized that upon losing her parents, this girl felt she was truly alone in this world. Hearing her story, Kei couldn't help but think of his own tragic history. His mom died giving birth to him and his father died when he was still very young as well as his best friend and everyone he cared for. Kei remembered the feeling he had of losing everything important to him.

Kei was saved from permanently falling into despair when a woman named Ul had taken him in. Ul became Kei's mentor and ally, but more importantly someone he could depend on. Kitani had no one watching over her like Kei did when his parents died. Something told Kei that he was supposed to watch over Kitani like Ul had done for him.

Perhaps this is fate? Kei wondered.

Kitani had wanted to leave her home in order to forget about her parents in order to move on with life. Kei couldn't agree with her goal. There is nothing wrong with moving on with life, but you should always remember those who once cared for you and taught you important lessons in life.

Putting a hand on Kitani's shoulder, Kei softly told her, "I promise I'll get you to Ba Sing Se, but in exchange, you have to promise me one thing. Promise me that you won't forget your mother. Remember the fun times that you once had with her, the smiles you once shared with her. Take to heart what she taught you. Don't mourn her passing, but cherish her memories. Live life to your fullest taking what she taught you and allowing her ideals to live on within you."

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Kitani
Kitani

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Kitani glanced at Kei, and listened. "...Alright." She replied, nodding. "I guess I might as well tell you the rest of the story. I never knew my father, mom said he was killed in a accident, but she never clarified exactly what happened to him."

"I think sometimes she tried to completely avoid the question when I asked her, it always made me extremely suspicious." She shrugged. "But that's all in the past now." She murmured, as she continued walking. "Okay, I've given you my life story, what's yours?"

She glanced back at Kei, a grin appearing on her face. "C'mon, I'm curious." She added, before continuing forward. She casually took a map of the town out of her backpack and glanced at it, and then handed it to Kei.

"Your older than me, you can have the map." She laughed a little, and then continued forward, waiting for Kei to answer her earlier question.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Kei

Kitani wanted to know Kei's life story. Though Kei usually refused to tell people his history, he figured he would give Kitani an exception and tell her his similar story so that she could see she was not alone.

Kei took the map from Kitani and began to answer her question.
"I never knew my mother, she died giving birth to me. Even so, my early childhood was a happy one, I had a loving father and many in my village who I looked at as family." Kei paused for a bit, then continued, "I lost everything when a tradegy overtook the village and killed everyone I held dear."

Kei had a dark look on his face, as if he wasn't telling the entire truth, but he quickly pressed on with his story.

Kei had a soft smile and said, "I thought I lost everything when a woman took me in. This woman took me in and became my mentor and friend. We worked together for years and it was fun." Kei's smile dropped, "She was killed one day and I became overcome with guilt and grief that I was not able to save her..."

Kei's voice died out with that final line. He stopped speaking for several seconds and looked blankly into the sky.

Kei continued with another smile, "I've moved on from depression, and I decided I would move forward with my life." Kei didn't mention what he meant by moving forward but he quickly changed the subject.

"So we will need to get to the harbor in this city and at least get on a boat that will take us to the Earth Kingdom."

Kei also remembered and looked around real quick, "Also we need to watch out that those gang members aren't after me."

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kitani's Home. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitani's Home.   Kitani's Home. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitani's Home.
Page 1 of 1