The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journey Home has been completed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daichi
Daichi

EXP : 820

Character Description
Position: Cook
Nation: Air Temples

The Journey Home has been completed Empty
PostSubject: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Daichi

Daichi couldn't believe it. After about a year of searching for what happened to his real parents he finally found out the truth. Plus a 6 month trip to the Eastern Air Temple was were he would start. He wanted to possibly make a new life at their air temple. Shave his head,adopt a monastic life and master air bending. He could probably even settle down,marry,have kids,open a vegan restaurant and raise bison.

Daichi was at the base of the mountain. He was contemplating how he would get up to the top. His Airbending has only improved a little since he discovered his ability. Maybe he could find a master to teach him. Next to him he saw a clearing where several baby bisons were. There was a mother and the cubs were right next to her. "Daaaaaw they look so cute!" Daichi walked over to the cubs and preceded to pet them. They seemed to like them. He began to refocus on getting up the mountain and he readied his glider.

Mood: Nervous
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

EXP : 5160

Character Description
Position: Dark Avatar

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Elegys

“I’m sorry, Brother Elegys. We have no scrolls from Guru Tumaki here; I thought they were all lost during the hundred-year war?”

Elegys scoffed. He was talking to the Temple Librarian, a particularly old Master who was well past his prime.

“You thought wrong, Master,” he said, managing to maintain his calm demeanour as he spoke. He turned around and started to walk out of the temple, wringing his hands as he did so. He had found a first scroll, why was it so difficult to find any more? Surely one of them held the key to get into the Spirit World; he just had to find the right one.

As he reached the edge of the mountain, Elegys paused for a second and looked out at the world beyond. From so high up, everything was coated in a layer of clouds. He allowed himself a rare smile as he admired the view, crossing his arms behind his back. Out of the corner of his eye, he observed a young boy holding a glider – apparently it was an Airbender.

“I wonder if he brings news from the other temples,” Elegys thought out loud, before taking a few steps towards where he assumed the boy would land his glider.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Daichi

Daichi saw what looked like another Airbender. He was new to maneuvering the glider but he was able to fly the glider down towards him. As he flew down he felt the wind on his face. He loved it so much. If he knew a year ago that he would be flying a glider he would call you an idiot.

His robes fluttered in the wind as he landed. "Hi stranger. My name is Daichi." Daichi said. He was thinking of how he could explain his situation. Clearly this man was a master Airbender. He looked that part to say the least. Daichi took a deep breath so he could explain himself.

"Let me explain. I was originally born in the Eastern Air temple. Somehow I was taken form my parents. Most of my life I was raised in the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom. Only recently had I found out I'm an Airbender. I came here hopefully to find them and to improve my airbeding skills." Daichi laughed.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Elegys

The Airbender remained quiet as Daichi spoke. He looked him up and down after his short speech, and nodded once. Like with all Airbenders, Elegys could feel the spiritual potential from within the boy.

“There are certainly Airbenders here, Daichi; the question is, is it the right place for you…” he said, trailing off at the end. “This is the most spiritual of the Air Temples; Avatar Aang first started to control the Avatar State here at the hands of Guru Pathik, a most wise man. Scores of Avatars before him travelled here to train and master the most spiritual of the four arts, and all of them found spiritual enlightenment along the way. Do you have what it takes, Daichi?”

Elegys turned slightly to look up at the temple. The three separate mountains loomed high above them, glaring down from on high like gods.

“May I ask where you acquired your glider? I wasn’t aware that they were common objects in the Fire Nation or the Earth Kingdom.”

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Daichi

Daichi was impressed by his patience. Daichi usually talked very fast but he was able to listen. Daichi looked to the other mountains and felt a strong spiritual connection to him. As if this was his home. A bison flew over the two Airbenders. The Eastern Air Temple was truly a sight to behold. Daichi was impressed and pleased to be in one of the most spirituality connected air temples. Daichi alway's admired Avatar Aang. It was amazing to think that he came here to train with the esteemed guru.

Daichi then looked at his glider. "I got my glider at a shop in Ba Sing Se. The man who sold it to me was a trader and frequently visits the Northern Air Temple." Daichi took a deep breath and tried to relax. "I'm not sure if my parents are still here but I guess we could check the library for records to any kidnapping 17 years ago.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Elegys

As Elegys looked at the nervous boy, he couldn’t but feel something stir within him. The Airbender had never known his parents, so maybe he could find some sort of closure by helping this boy locate his? He let out a soft growl before taking a step towards the temple entrance.

“Come along, then. Let’s see if your parents are here, or where they’ve gone,” he said, and walked through the gate into the courtyard. The other Airbenders once again stared, but this time he met their gazes until they looked away. He reached the door to the library and pushed it open, walking into the cool shaded building.

“I need to see the records from seventeen years ago, Master,” he said to the librarian, who had stumbled over as soon as Elegys had entered. The old man nodded and limped away while Elegys walked over to where there were several chairs. Utilising his Airbending, he brought two towards them and positioned one behind Daichi.

“Sit. The Librarian will be with us soon.”

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Daichi

As Daichi sat he couldn't help but be nervous. It would be very nice if the parents were still alive. If they weren't Daichi would have to accept it as a part of life. There really wouldn't be anything to do.
They would be proud of him for being such a success.  His nervousness turned to a calm as he put his legs together while on the chair and began a soft meditation and prayer.

The Librarian Returned. "Master Elegys I think you will find the following the most unfortunate." He looked to the boy who was meditating. He looked even more calm than any other monk he had ever seen.

The Records detailed a gruesome kidnapping by bandits. A young Airbender boy was snatched and taken away. The Parents were killed in the fight. A funeral was held in Air Nomad tradition.

Daichi awoke and looked up at Elegys. "I know what happened to them."

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Elegys

The Airbender couldn’t help but growl as the old Librarian named him Master. ”You know as well as I do that I am no Master, Librarian. Now, the records…” he said, opening the records and laying them on a table in between the pair so that Daichi could see too. He moved to the date in question before stepping back and allowing Daichi to read.

When he had, Elegys bowed his head. ”I am sorry for your loss, Daichi. If you wish it, I will speak with the Masters here in the temple and obtain you a place in the most recent intake of trainee Airbenders. Do you wish to learn here, Brother?” Elegys said, using the honorific that Airbenders applied to each other in conversation.

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Daichi

Daichi's Eyes sparkled and he looked up at Elegys. He couldn't believe he got an offer to train here. It was unfortunate what happened to his parents. He again felt sad for a minute knowing they were gone. If anything however they would be proud of him making this trip so far and growing up well.

"I would be Honored to train at this temple." Daichi said as he bowed. Daichi opened his sack full of clothes and things he brought from home. "I have everything I need. I also have my book of recipes." Daichi rubbed his hair. "Also if it means parting with my hair I will accept. I can also wip up the best recipes with vegetables." Daichi took a deep breath. "Thank You Elegys."

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Elegys

The Airbender grimaced as Daichi revealed the bag full of clothes and other personal items. He grabbed the sack and ripped it from the boy’s grasp. Walking purposefully, he left the library and emerged into the courtyard. As another Nomad rushed past, Elegys forced the sack into his arms.

”Send these for distribution. Rip out any cloth you find suitable, and burn the rest,” he said, and the Nomad nodded before rushing off. Elegys turned back to face Daichi, a stern look on his face. ”Air Nomads have no worldly possessions. The temple will clothe and feed you, and if the monks require it you may serve in the kitchens. This is no summer camp, Daichi; this is a journey of spiritual enlightenment.”

After he finished speaking, Elegys headed towards the central Temple, where he knew he would find the Airbending Masters. ”Go inside,” he said, motioning to the doors. ”Make your presence known to the Masters and request training. And try to act respectful.”

Mood: Annoyed

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Daichi

Daichi was shocked about the clothes being burned. Elegys was right. This really isn't summer camp. Daichi thought about how he had to finally grow up and quit acting like a child. He remembered reading somewhere about the Eastern Air Temple being the most strict of them all. Not all the temples had the happy go lucky life Avatar Aang had before he was frozen. He even had other monks breathing down his neck keeping him from Gyatso.

Daichi took a deep breath. In and out. Trying to remain calm. This was his first encounter with actual Airbending Masters. He had dreamed of this his whole life. Years of study or Air Nomad traditions and history. All depending on now. Daichi opened the door.

Daichi walked in and bowed before the monks and waited for them to finish speaking. "My Name is Daichi. I was born here in the Eastern Air Temple before I was taken from my parents. I was raised in the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom. I humbly request for you to take me in as a trainee to adopt the monastic lifestyle and improve my Airbending skills. I thank you greatly." Daichi bowed again before the Airbending masters and patiently waited for a reply.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Elegys

The Masters looked up as one as the boy entered the room. There were four in the temple at this moment, each emblazoned with the arrow upon their foreheads, and they sat meditating upon the ground. They nodded in turn as Daichi introduced himself, and sat quietly as he spoke.

“Yes, I remember when you were taken as a child, young Daichi,” one of the masters, a particularly old and grey man, said. “Your parents were excellent Airbenders, and we always wondered what had happened to their son. Such a shame what happened to them…”

The middle Master rose to his feet. His beard was black and his skin was unwrinkled, showing him to be one of the younger Masters. “And what of your skills, boy? Somebody your age must have mastered at least some component of Airbending thus far, even if only the basics. What can you do?”

“Do not intimidate the boy! Just because he isn’t a skilled Airbender doesn’t mean he isn’t welcome. We are not all suited for your warrior tendencies, Yaama,” one of the older Masters said to the younger one. They looked at each other for a second before the one known as Yaama looked back at Daichi.

“Well?”

Outside, Elegys waited nervously. He had no idea why he was nervous; he barely knew the boy, and had no idea why he cared about what happened to him. He sighed, pressing his ear against the door once more to listen to Daichi’s reply.

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Daichi

Daichi rose before the masters. "I am not a warrior. I am however becoming better with Airbending as I practice. I realized my potential when I was back home. I was already practicing martial arts. One day I practiced the Airbending moves and used in in defensive combat in a match with a friend of mine. As a young boy I would meditate outside my parents house under the peach tree by the Turtle Duck pond."

Daichi sighed. "If however you wanted me to become a warrior and per say join the Tekina-Kaze that would just be another chapter in my life. I came here to improve my Airbending and to become connected with myself and my people. That is my task here in the Eastern Air Temple." Daichi looked back up at the masters with a glitter of determination in his eye.

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:41 am

Elegys

“You will not be forced into anything, my son. When the time comes, the decision will be yours alone. Now, we will have to get you properly attired in a novice’s robes…” the eldest Master said, but a messenger ran up to him and knelt down, whispering in his ear. He nodded several times, and then smiled widely.

“Send him in! It has been quiet a time.”

Outside, Elegys paced up and down in front of the door. He knew he had to continue his journey, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. With a sigh, he began to walk away, knowing that as soon as Daichi started his training, he would become just like the other Nomads.

“Elegys?”

The Airbender spun around at the voice. The messenger stood in the doorway, poking his head out to see Elegys. He motioned for him to come in and Elegys sighed. So they had found out he was here.

He walked through the doors slowly and stood next to Daichi before bowing.

“Elegys, my boy! We did not know you were at the temple!”

”I came to browse the library, nothing more,” he said, averting the eyes of the Masters.

“Oh, we thought you may have come to finally finish off your training! You could be a great Master you know, Elegys. You always had the potential.”

Elegys growled slightly. ”My quest is more important than your so-called Mastery now. The fate of the entire world depends on my success. You can keep your arrows… Master,” he said, his anger growing.

Mood: Annoyed

Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Daichi

Daichi looked up at Elegys. Quest? What could he possibly be on about. He looked just like a normal Airbender to Daichi but a bit buffer and well trained. Was it something to do with the spirit world? The  Tekina-Kaze? Why doesn't he want to be a master?

Daichi looked up at Elegys who was clearly annoyed. He had a look of disgust on his face. As the two finished the conversation with the monks Daichi was accepted into the Air Nomad ranks. He had a bunk assigned in the temple,he would assist the cooks and he was to begin training and meditation the following day.

Daichi looked back to Elegys again as they left the master's area. Daichi then asked "What is your quest Elegys?"

Back to top Go down
Elegys
Elegys

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Elegys

The Airbender looked down at Daichi and let out a soft sigh. His hand rose to his brow and he scratched it gently.

”I do not know myself, Daichi; all I know is that I need to get into the Spirit World – from there I should be able to find my way,” he said, walking a few steps further in front of the boy. ”The only problem is, as much as I try, I can’t seem to access it. I’ve never had troubles with my spirituality before – those things came easiest to me during my training. I just can’t seem to do it…”

As he tapered off, he suddenly remembered who he was talking to. His back straightened and he rose to his full height. ”But it is none of your concern, Brother. Your training should fill your time now; I trust you will work and become a Master eventually.”

Elegys took a few steps towards the exit, but stopped and bowed his head slightly. ”No doubt I will be back one day – the temples are always welcoming to Nomads. I’ll be seeing you soon, Daichi,” he said before walking out of the large gates of the temple.

He couldn’t explain it – he felt something with this boy that he hadn’t felt in many long years.

Friendship.

Mood: Hopeful
Condition: Spirit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Home has been completed   The Journey Home has been completed Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Home has been completed
Page 1 of 1