The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Koeten Tarea

Koeten walks around the temple as renovations happen surveying what needed fixing, what needed building and what needed to be dusted. The 100 families that had came here with him were good, honest Air benders. They too wanted to come and restore the Temple that had been long abandoned. The Air Councilman stood on the edge over looking the crevice in the earth that the temple hung over. Such an amazing feat of craftsmanship that his ancestors had done could not be ignored.

With his Glider staff in his right hand and two swords hanging from his sash on his left hip he smiles out into the abyss sighing happily. His parents were even here, exiled from the Air Temples almost 28 years ago he had brought them to the Temple he was put in charge of. His mind is in resonance with his soul at the moment, in total peace. He had an important visitor today after all, the Firelord herself was coming to visit and who knows who else.

Word was spreading that the Western Air Temple was again inhabited by Air benders. some may come to see for themselves and others may come just to visit. All were welcome however, this was a place of peace and serenity. But they will need the Avatar itself to save them should they bring violence to this place.

Mood: Chipper
Condition: Perfectly Healthy

Last edited by Koeten on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Mei Jen

The rope creaks ominously, and she looks up, then down, only seeing sky and rock. "Out of the way, for sure... " The young woman pushes off again with her feet, dropping down, her stomach hitting the rock, and her feet feel nothing. She lowers herself a few more feet, and sees something like an open deck. She ratchets herself up enough that she can push off stone with her feet, and builds up inertia, then lets the guide loose, dropping down, and in, to the landing. "Oof.. "She unclips the rope as she hits the stone. She rests on her knees, hands pushed against the cool stone for a moment while she looks around. " Worth it!" She smiles as she sees beautiful engravings on the stone walls.
Mood: Pleasant
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Koeten Tarea

As if delivered to him by some higher power a beautiful woman rolls down down on a rope landing at his feet to his left. He tips his hat up for a second in thought. "Well this is a suprise! Wasn't expecting any additional visitors to the Temple today." He puts out his left hand to help her up "I am Koeten Tarea, the Air Councilman in charge of this temple miss."

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Mei Jen

"I am Koeten Tarea, the Air Councilman in charge of this temple miss."
She looks up as a man draped in a pink kimono holds out his hand. She takes his hand, and stands, her eyes still roving the open-air room. "You are in charge here? My lucky day!" She bows. "I am Mei Jen, well met Air Councilman!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Koeten Tarea

He shakes her hand, noticing her looking around at all the carvings. some of the passing Airbenders stopped to look from their dilligent work then moved on. The restoration at this point was in full swing they had been there for 3 weeks now and it was completely dusted and cleaned. Re building of certain terraces and collapsed rooms was also underway. The main plazz and housing area however was completely livable and in perfect order. She had actually came down inside a common living area in the dorm area with a fire place in the middle of it. It was a large expansive room. "A pleasure to meet a pretty woman as your self Mei Jin. Might I ask the nature of your visit?"

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Mei Jen

She looks around, astonished. "I heard this Temple was abandoned... but, obviously not!" She laughs softly, taking her hand back and holding it with her other. She looks around, then smiles brightly. "I have been traveling the last two months, I had no idea you had come back here. I.. I would have sent a letter or something asking permission to visit if I had known."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Koeten Tarea

He watches her laughing putting up his hands for a second"It's not necessary to send a letter to come visit this place, we welcome all." He motions with his hand around the vast room. "Would you like a tour perhaps? We are expecting a very important visitor today, but I think we have time before he arives.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Her interest completely piqued at his mention of a very special guest, she nods. Still a little confused about the pink flowery kimono draped over his shoulder, she was still surprisingly relaxed. At least surprisingly enough for her... she wasn't always known for making good impressions, invariably doing something awkward.

Brushing off the rock dust on the front of her jacket and pants, she shifts the pack on her back and nods, joining in his laughter a little self-consciously. "If you have time, I can't imagine I'll get a better tour guide. So how long have you been back in the Temple?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:07 pm

He turns to begin walking to a corridor motioning her to follow "We arrived at the Temple 3 weeks ago and have been working hard to restore it since. The living quarters and food storage and kitchens are completely working and livable now. They would arrive in the corridor now as it has several open doors on each side of the hall way as it leads to a vertical pipe and what seems to be a dead end. He motions her closer to him inside the pipe. If she were to walk into it with him he would shut a door behind them making it close quarters fro a second. He would wrap a left arm around her and look down. "Hold on tight Mei. The air around them would pressuize below their feet and send them flying upward as if some invisible elevator was taking them up at 53 miles per hour. As the come to the highest level upward of the temple Koeten pushes them out of the shaft by waving his hand behind them and the air pushes them out onto the floor."Welcome to the Western Air temple's flight floor Mei."[/color The room is expansive and there is 5-10 young Airbenders llearning from a master on one side, learning how to glide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm

She follows him down the corridor, peeking in each doorway as they move towards the pipe. Looking up, she can't make out the end of the straight tube.... then she jumps as the door slides closed and he puts an arm around her. "Hold tight Mei."

She barely gets "Why ar..." out before their bodies suddenly speed up the tube. She instantly attaches herself to his tall frame in a death grip, her arms around his chest, fingers clentching fistfuls of robe and kimono while her pantlegs form a very tight belt around his hips. As they stop and are pushed out of the tube, she hears him speak. "Welcome to the Western Air temple's flight floor Mei."

She opens her eyes and looks over the room, watching the young airbenders practice. "It's such a huge space! Is this in the middle of the temple?" As she looks up to hear his answer, she ends up inches from his face as she clings to his side like a scared cat. She bites her lip and tries to laugh but ends up burping as she unhinges herself from him and slides away a foot or too, her face going from two shades paler than normal to four shades redder in about five seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 pm

He looks at her as he sniffs for a second at her burp. His face scumples at her breath of whatever th heck she had eaten. He watches her as she backs up turning red. Then jokingly waves his hand in front of his face. "I don't know what you ate Mei, but I bet it smelt better in its original stage." He laughs alloud at her embarassment and tips his hat up on the back of his head. "It's fine, just a little embarassing for you. But if you think that will affect my judgment of you don't worry about it. Your smile makes up for your bad breath."He says the last part jokingly and borderline flirty to her as some of the students chuckle and he smiles over at them for a second and they snap back to paying attention to their master as the see he heard them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:38 pm

She wills her face back to a normal color, a skill she's had plenty of practice developing. She laughs a little at his teasing, then her mouth betrays her and smiles wide at his compliment. Taking the opportunity to cup her breath and test it, she can't catch what smelled bad, but shrugs to herself, dropping her hand fast as he turns away from the students.

"So, how do airbenders train, Air Councilman?" Watching the children with interest, she takes a few steps and moves her hands absently at her sides. It looks as if she is copying their movements with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 pm

"Air Bending is about freedom and movement, we train our young ones as such. While the classes may looks strict these children are havin fun. They must practice their bending and our beliefs at the same time though. The fire nation does things different, teaching to attack. We can only defend that which we hold dear. I myself practice with some of the other masters here to hone my skills. He moves around the class and moves to the edge where you could see some younger Air benders using their gliders to fly around in the giant gorge "You have interest in training with air Benders Mei?"

Last edited by Koeten on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm

"Freedom and movement." She smiles and listens to him as he explains, moving farther away. "You are right, I was taught the best defense was a good offense, but I was also taught caution." She moves closer to the children too, totally relaxed now that they have found some common ground to discuss. She watches Koeten move to the other side of the children, then looks up and watches the children fly, and claps. "That would be so fun as little kid!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:53 pm

He looks back seeing her face of enjoyment "This is only the first stop on the tour Mei come on over here we have to go to another section." As she would approach he would tap his gliding staff on the ground and the wings and tail pop out with the handles. Again he would pull her close and look down "Make sure you hold on tight, its a short flight but its over part of the groge." Before she would have a chance to protest he would take ahold of both handles and air would begin to blow around them and he vaults off the ledge leaving a back blast of air throwing some of the younger students ff thier feet. The teacher laughs shaking his head then continues on with the lesson. Koeten glidesfor about 4 seconds coming back onto another landing spot in an older looking part of the temple. the walls are deteriorating and the carvings have mold on the rock. Koeten looks around pulling his hat which was still now securely strapped to his head off for a second revealing his full head of scraggily unkempt hair in a pony tail which was quite the opposite of all the other air benders in the temple Yada, yada so much work to be done yet. This was once a meeting hall you know."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: .   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

(disregard)

Last edited by Dao on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm

"Yada, yada so much work to be done yet. This was once a meeting hall you know." Drops from his hold, and looks around. "I'm confused is this higher or lower.. or .. or.. wait.. Once a meeting hall?"

"Do you train here Air Councilman?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Koeten Tarea

"Higher or lower doesnt matter as long as you arent falling." He laughs alloud at her concisitant questions about training"You really are dead set on talking me into training arent you Mei? You must want to train with an airbender something fierce. so yes, this is where I come to meditate and traain, would you like to spar real quick then?"

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:23 pm

You must want to train with an airbender something fierce. so yes, this is where I come to meditate and traain, would you like to spar real quick then?" Stepping back, she smiles. "Do you have time?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Koeten Tarea

He looks around for a second at the bare walls and the eternally deteriorating rooms and nods."I have all the time I have, and for you I think I can take a small break from my duties for a little sparring. He walks away from her putting about a 20 ft gap between them then removes his Pink outer kimono and his hat setting them to the side. Under the pink he has a white one that has the symbol of the Air temples on its back. The two swords of his still tucked into his belt and his gliding staff which has been since collapsed back into its staff form in his right hand "Be mindful of the edges since you may very well get blown off on of them Mei, I will try not to do that. Now take your best shot."

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm

She wanders farther in, and the wall lights up as she forms a small, whirling ball of fire in her hand, holding it to her side. Light licks off the carvings, and ball of fire brightens for a moment while she takes in the size of the room entire. “What meetings did they hold here?”

Last edited by Mei Jen on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Koeten Tarea

"Meetings of the monks on civil matters having to do with the temple mostly. Who has what job for that month and things of that nature." He stands up straight watching the fire in her hand as his suspicions are confirmed that she is indeed a fire bender. "You know I'll be taking a short vacation soon, to explore the fire nation. I could always use a tour guide."

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:07 pm

"You know I'll be taking a short vacation soon, to explore the fire nation. I could always use a tour guide."

She moves back towards him quickly, the ball of fire shrinking to nothing as her hand drops to her side. She stands straight before him, and smiles, bowing smartly. "It would be an honor Air Councilman. Did you have any particular points of interest in mind?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Koeten Tarea

He smiles down at her tapping his chin playfully thinking. "I was thinking ember island first, where all the youth of the fire nation goes for a vacation you know it? He seems to be waiting for something, she said she wanted to spar but hasn't made a move yet how odd was that maybe she had forgotten or something. Anyways he thought to himself he had to of had the prettiest tour guide in the fire nation, no sense in wasting it. "You should stay for dinner with myself and our guest tonight and we will leave first thing in the morning for the island then.

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 pm

"I was thinking ember island first, where all the youth of the fire nation goes for a vacation you know it?" She grins, looking past him to the edge of the landing, the walls twenty or so feet to her back. “It’s great, you’ll love it if you like swimming and outdoor sports.”

"You should stay for dinner with myself and our guest tonight and we will leave first thing in the morning for the island then."
She again bows swiftly, obviously excited. Smiling, “Such an honor, of course I will. Can I ask who the special guest is?” She dances back a few yards on swift feet, and takes her stance, one knee bent slightly, her other leg forward and straight. She draws her hands up before her chest, and fire crackles from her fingertips. She nods once at him, holding the pose for two full seconds, then a jet of fire shoots towards his chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) Empty

Back to top Go down

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next