The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

EXP : 1315

Character Description
Position: civilian
Nation: Fire Nation

Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) Empty
PostSubject: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:42 pm

The ship had finally docked and  Siera was happy for it. Throughout the trip she had had many close calls with rampant sea sickness in nearly every part of the ship that still allowed her access. She frowned into the fresh air remembering the incident on the deck and dry retching in the cabin. Turning her mind from those accidents she looked out over the railing at the icy docks below. They were bustling with activity, men hauling crates to and fro from ships, merchants weaved between them while sailors shouted among themselves. Everything seemed very lively here and she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like onland.
'Maybe I'll find some cute guys...' she thought absently before putting her mind back  on track and looking over the heads on the deck in search of Sadako.
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

EXP : 3500
Birthday : 1991-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Sadako had actually made a few friends with some of the sailors. She was a polite little girl, but she could defend herself as well. Most of the time she would play cards or dice with some of them for a few coins. Another time she bet her way into winning some Water Tribe clothing such as thicker pants and shirts, as well as a parka, somce gloves, and some boots. Sadako found the boots particularly odd as she had almost never worn shoes before back in her native Earth Kingdom. here in the ice and snow though, that would kind of be important unless she wanted her little footsies to freeze.

Disembarking, she wondered where her seasick friend was.
"Seira?" she called out as she stepped off the boat and onto the icy tundras of the Northern Water Tribe. "are you around?
Mood: Happy
Condition: Awake
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Siera spotted Sadako he do below her, calling for her.
"Up here!" She yelled back, leaning over the railing slightly. "I'll be right down."
She weaved her way through sailors going down to the dock from the ship. Instantly, as if she had stepped over a barrier and was knocked in the face by a strong scent reminding her poor, empty stomach of the ghastly rocking of the boat. For a moment she zoned out before she saw Sadako in her parka and unsteadily made her way to her friend.
"Let's get out of here." She said trying to leave any urgency out of her voice as she got ready to join the traffic heading away from the port. Her eyes searched a packed crowd as she began to shuffle in, smiling every so often at the handsome faces peppering the crowd to get her mind off of her stomach.
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Sadako smiled and waited for her friend. Perhaps it was the Earth Kingdom blood in her, but she felt quite fine. She was notoriously resilient, and while her overprotective family had always kept her close, they were surprised at their daughter's toughness and resilience. The kid could take some serious damage before dropping, and so a little rocking didn't even faze her, let alone get her seasick.

"Right behind you." she grinned up at her friend, who seemed eager to leave the boat. "Lead the way!"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Seira allowed herself to be pulled by the crowd heading away from the dock with Sadako close behind her. Her stomach had finally calmed down and her smiles came naturally when they found themselves in a small town. She made her way into a store and bought a parka and boots, putting the thick fabrics on her shivering form. "I wonder where we can sleep..." She wondered aloud as she stood outside the store and put her hands into her pocket, feeling the coins jangling in her pocket when a soft melody attracted her attention.
It was almost hypnotic the way it seemed to flow through her and pulled her towards a man hunched over playing a long stringed instrument as people walked past unaffected. She waited until he had finished before she returned to the small store after putting a few coins into his empty cup. She could just imagine how close she was to matching her movements to the soft gentle tunes of the man's instrument.
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Having come from a rich family, Sadako had brought plenty of coins with her, but spent them frugally because she did not really have any marketable skills except perhaps earthbending. Whatever the case, soon she and her friend were following music after bundling up in parkas and boots.

"So..." Sadako turned to her friend, otherwise quietly thinking to herself, "Do you know where we should go from here? we can probably find an inn if we need a place to sleep, but... anything else?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Seira snapped out of her trance after Sadako asked her question. She shook her head slightly and smiled, still feeling dazed.
"I think they'll probably have inns further in." She said absently brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes and wet her lips with her tounge. "I want to find a waterbender... because I want to learn for my dancing, but if you want to do something it's fine but I'm just running it by you. First."
Seira smiled and twiddled her thumbs. 'That was a really long sentence.'
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

"I'm sure they do." Sadako smiled, "A city this big would have to have them."
When she heard about the waterbender and Seira wanting to learn how to dance, Sadako's eyes lit up. She had always wanted to learn how to dance herself.
"I've always wanted to learn to dance. Maybe we could learn together! or maybe you could teach me some of the things you know?"
She hoped her friend would say yes, as Sadako really wanted to learn one of these days. Dancing had always looked fun, and she hoped that her large feet and graceful frame would keep her from falling on her face if she tried.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm

"I've always wanted to learn to dance. Maybe we could learn together! or maybe you could teach me some of the things you know?"
Seira grinned at Sadako. "Sure. I'd be happy to!" She was pleased at her friends' eagerness to learn but slightly worried at her ability to teach. 'All I really need is a willing student.' she thought to herself. 'What should I teach her first...' She flexed her toes absently and shivered in a cool wind.
"We should find an inn first, it's getting dark." She looked up at the dimming sky. "I'm sure the waterbenders will still be here in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

"I'm willing." Sadako grinned. "But aye... first let's find an inn..."

finding one and getting checked in was easy enough. Sadako had been right about them being further in town. after they had their things squared away and were all set and ready to relax for the evening, Sadako popped the question again.
"So when would you be able to start teaching me?" she asked curiously, for she did certainly want to dance. they would find the waterbenders tomorrow.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Seira was laying on her stomach, chin propped on her hands and her eyes were closed, simply resting them when Sadako asked again.
"Well aren't you an eager monkey-beaver." She said grinning as she sat up and stretched her limbs. Her lips were pressed in thin line now as she thought.
"This would be so much easier if we were back home." She muttered to herself as she pushed herself off the bed.
"Stand up straight and tall as you can but relax your shoulders and spread your feet slightly." She commanded Sadako, demonstrating before she began rummaging through her bags to find her fans.
"I'll try to get in as much as I can."

Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Sadako slipped into the washroom to change into some lighter, more comfortable clothes like her green dress and such again, and so she could be barefoot again.

As Seira began giving instructions, Sadako followed them. She stood up straight, spread her feet, and relaxed her shoulders a bit.
"Alright." she smiled, "now what?"
Always being one to be soft and polite and patient, she would go at her friend's pace, regardless of how fast or slow it was.
Condition: Calm
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

"I'm going to have teach you a few firebending moves to show you how I dance." Seira tightened her stance slightly and punched outwards then kicked, both moves following in quick succession. "I often use firebending in my dancing even though I'm not a bender myself." She continued, arching her arms in a half circled before pushing out with both hands in a sharp movement then came back to her original position. "It'll be easy for you though since the stance for firebending and earth bending are similar." She moved again, this time punching to one side then turning to the other quickly, followed by a high kick that came down with a harsh stomp on wooden floor.
"Try that out."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

It was true that firebending and earthbending were similar. Earthbending was a little more rigid and had more defensive maneuvers, but both of them had solid and powerful forward attacks.

"That's a really smart idea!" she exclaimed, "using bending moves as dance moves... I should consider that sometime."
One thing that was clear as Sadako began to move in order to imitate Seira's moves, was that the girl was nimble. Those huge feet of hers seemed to only further augment her balance, as opposed to hinder it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Seira smiled, pleased at the compliment while she watched Sadako go through the forms.
"Try the kick again. Your balance is perfect but you need to relax at the knee when you go up."
She watched for a few moments before stopping Sadako. "Now you have to string them together with smooth movements. This is the hard part but I'm sure you'll get it." Returning to her relaxed state she began stretching out upwards slowly, allowing her arms to extend before punching outwards, her movements slow like she was being encased in liquid amber before suddenly speeding up and transitioning into the next form.
"Now you try."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

"Oh," she nodded. earthbending was quite rigid, so those were the movements Sadako was the most used to. Nothing that couldn't be changed, however. "Alright then."

she relaxed, taking a breath, and then she attempted the movements again, trying to be less rigid and giving more flow to her movements. after a couple of attempts, she turned to her friend.
"How'd I do?" she asked with a smile.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:00 pm

"I can't quite say, different parts of your body were doing different thins correctly." She went up to Sadako and began putting her back into form. "Your foot work was good but your arms were going to fast. Your stance was good but you still have to have some rigidity so that when you speed up you don't make any wimpy punches. Not that your punches were wimpy." She stood in front of Sadako and imitated her stance then began moving. "Follow my every movement."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Like last time, Sadako took note of everything Seira said, trying to do better with each attempt. she knew the reason for her rigidity. that was the earthbender in her speaking out. She would have to learn to let it loose a bit when she danced to differentiate from her regular earthbending.

"will do." she reassured. "I'm watching you again this time."
she stood up straight again to watch Seria demonstrate again, before again attempting to repeat and imitate it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Seira stopped and watched Sadako go through the moves. They were slow and calculated, some speedier than others but that was the idea. "Pretty good..." She said then yawned widely. "For the first time. There isn't much I can teach you on the balance since you already have that..." She yawned again. "There's so much more I could teach you otherwise."
She stretched upwards and then down to her toes. "This is a tip. Always stretch before and after. Pulling or ripping muscles is no picnic."
Straightening up she looked out the window to see a soft light on the horizon. "Sun's almost up. Let's catch some shut eye before we go back out."
She flexed her toes then jumped under the covers and yawned widely. "Night or Morning. Whichever."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Smiling at hearing that she did it right, Sadako nodded. after seeing Seira stretch and hearing her advice that it was generally a good idea, she did the same, stretching her hands high above her head, standing on her tippytoes to stretch her legs as well. She also yawned, as yawning was literally contagious.

chuckling, Sadako flopped onto the other bead. "alright then... see you when we wake up."
night or morning, she didn't really care. She had had a good day though, and it had ended well, no less.
Condition: Dozing off
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:13 pm

The sun was shining in Seira's face through the window, forcing her to wake up. She rubbed her eyes and sat up in bed yawning, feeling slightly refreshed from her few hours of sleep after her teaching session with Sadako. 'Have to get up.' She ordered herself as she looked around the room blearily then forced herself out of bed. She dug around for clean clothes with a resolve set in her mind and went to the bathroom.
She didn't bother heating the water as it gushed into the tub and instead jumped into the freezing water and shocked the sleep out of her body. Swearing under her breath as she came out of the bathroom dressed, she began making her bed, muttering her plans to herself. Outside the window the sound of voices was a minute buzz.
"Get breakfast then start looking around..."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 pm

[OOC--sorry it took so long. I kept forgetting that I hadn't posted]

Sadako Irizari Kishel

Sadako slept like a rock, to the point where noises and movements were unlikely to even make her stir. She was used to being up late, since her old life involved sneaking out at night a lot to get out of the clutches of her overprotective parents. It was not even to say that she didn't like them--they were just overbearing sometimes.
there was nothing inherently wrong that she would do at night other than learn more about the world around her and how vastly different it was from the protective confines of her family's estate, although it had turned her into somewhat of a nocturnal girl, meaning that the sunrise was not necessarily her wakeup time unless an external force were to rouse her.
Condition: Asleep
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:30 pm

With the bed made and the room mostly in order as well as her thoughts, Seira turned to the other bed and the still figure under the sheets. She stared at her friend lying comatose under the sheets.
"Oi." She said shaking Sadako roughly. "Wake up."
Back to top Go down
Sagittaria
Sagittaria

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Sadako Irizari Kishel

it took a couple minutes for Sadako to even stir, and several more before she said anything intelligible. She mumbled incoherently a few times, babbling random nothings. Eventually she got up, rubbing her eyes with a yawn and a stretch.

"what's up?" she asked, smacking her lips. "we in a hurry or something?"

Yes, it was clear she was not used to waking up at this time.
Mood: Groggy
Condition: Barely Awake
Link:

Back to top Go down
Seira Sūn
Seira Sūn

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:26 pm

"We in a hurry or something?" Sadako asked from the bed. Seira grinned down at her. She was groggy and Seira couldn't help but wonder how awake Sadako was.
"Nah. I was just seeing if you were up for walking around town for a water bending teacher today. I'll see you down at breakfast." Sitting down beside Sadako, she managed to pull a straight face and kept herself from laughing. "Did you see the purple dragon in the square yesterday?" She waited in silence watching for Sadako's reaction to her early morning nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)   Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing in the Snow (Sadako, Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next