The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kozue
Kozue

EXP : 1105
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Fire Nation

Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)   Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:33 am

...mostly because I had an extra account.
Anyhoo, here goes. =B

Full Name: Kozue Maziki Zenava
Element: Fire/Lightning
Birthplace: Unknown; adopted from a Fire Nation orphanage at the age of 3.
Position: Civilian
Training:
Firebending: Primal Master
Lightningbending: Primal Master

Family:
Sizoko (Husband, 32)
Kyomi (Daughter, 4)
Kaoru (Daughter, 2)
The Raiden Children (adoptive siblings)
Sanaki/Tarek Raiden (adoptive parents)
Naseru (Godfather, 47)

Personality: (312) Kozue is a sweet and innocent spirit who has one of the biggest hearts you will ever see. She carries a cheerful demeanor to her, and while rather quiet, she is very friendly and kind. Because of her disabilities, she is often very quiet, but she is not afraid to try and speak. She has a passion for the spiritual side of bending, as well as for dancing, and ironically, singing as well. She enjoys attention frequently; primarily because she is somewhat dependent on other people for certain functions. Despite her simple life, Kozue is very intelligent and very observant. Her hypersensitivity keeps her wary, and despite her childish appearance and demeanor, Kozue is actually very mature and civilized.
Kozue is very self-aware and very alert of her surroundings. Her keen mind and deep devotion to spirituality have served her well, and her adorable feminine charm has earned her many friends. While she has been seen to be a capable fighter, Kozue prefers a passive solution to a problem, and would much rather not hurt anyone. She has very strong and skilled control over her powers, but she dislikes the idea of using them for bad purposes.
There is very much still a childish presence in Kozue's heart and mind, and she is not afraid to show it. She understands that there is a time and a place for fun and a time and a place to be serious, and knows how to not mix the two. She understands humor, and giggles frequently, enjoying a good laugh. Despite these behaviors, Kozue is also a very proper lady who knows how to carry herself and knows when and where to behave. She is extremely polite and has very good manners, respecting her elders and superiors, and still treating those that do not fall under one or both of the above criteria with politeness.

Abilities: (341)
Kozue is a powerful and extremely spiritual firebending master who understands the concepts behind control and discipline extremely well. Extensive research has been done on Kozue's abilities for the last 13 years, and the results have indicated that she contains a great amount of energy, which is very carefully harnessed and controlled. She is referred to as a Primal Firebender because of these powerful and intricate abilities. She has very powerful and influential control over her strong chi energy, making her as strong as many of the masters, some of which (namely Sanaki and Tarek Raiden) have helped teach her.
This keen attunement to her element is what has helped her to compensate for the lack of two ordinary senses. She focuses on the heat generated by the movements of objects, and is so skilled at this ability that she can even detect some sounds. Other times, such as when she sings, she "plays it by ear", (a la Beethoven) envisioning how it sounds in her head, even if she cannot hear what she is singing.
She is very graceful and elegant in her movements, and despite her childish voice, appearance, and (occasional) behavior, Kozue is actually a very clever woman. she thinks deeply and does so very often, contemplating anything and everything from her surroundings to her very existence. She does like company, because she enjoys trying to understand how others see the world and how they react to it.
Kozue's replacement senses are not foolproof, however, and they require great amounts of focus, particularly for sounds. This takes a lot of energy out of her, which in turn wears her out, and so most of the time, she simply copes with being blind and deaf, enjoying herself in her little dark, quiet world.
She is curious and analytical, and likes to use her dextrous and very sensitive little hands to touch and feel the world and her surroundings, as it is her primary remaining sense. She particularly enjoys shutting off her senses and letting herself let loose and dance.

Appearance: (300) [yup. on the dot]
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 102
Eyes: White (blind)
Skin: Pale
Hair: While it sometimes appears a dark indigo color, it is shimmering black in long strands that drop past her shoulders and most of her back.

Kozue is an elegant little girl with very clear Fire Nation heritage. While it is unknown who her parents were, she came from some rather fine stock, as she is a very beautiful young woman. She clads herself in elegant dresses of reds and golds (which are the primary color choice for anyone in the Fire Nation), and while she is not aware of the colors, she is capable of dressing (and undressing) herself with ease. She is very hygienic, keeping herself pristine clean at almost all times.
Kozue wears shoes to protect her hypersensitive feet, and often keeps her delicate little hands together and close to her chest or body. She carries herself in an upright posture, and is very lithe and limber, able to keenly manipulate her body and chi to perform incredible stunts and firebending moves. She sometimes forgets that it can be a very revealing act, should she perform them while wearing a dress.
A smile is one of the other things that Kozue is almost always seen wearing. often times it is a calm and gentle smile, but other times it is a cheerful or excited grin. She has a very petite frame with small but proportional features that almost make her out to be a little doll, especially given how well-dressed she is and how easy it is for her to remain silent or motionless.
The most unusual feature Kozue possesses are her eyes, which are primarily white and almost have something of a glow to them. This is primarily because her pupils (and eyes) do not absorb any light, instead reflecting it (AKA white), thus rendering her with no light perception, or in fine, complete blindness. While she is also unable to hear at all, her ears have no known or visible abnormalities.
(Bonus image!)

Weaponry & Other Gear: Kozue relies on her powers of fire and lightning, although she primarily uses them to perform or to play, rather than to fight.

History: (743)
Kozue's true origins remain a mystery, but her recorded life began by the age of 3, where she was adopted by an earthbending instructor and scholar named Naseru Amiti Litzak. Taking great interest in the child, Naseru took the time to study Kozue's behavior, and how a girl missing two of her senses would be able to communicate. Kozue, being unexpectedly keen at such things, learned how to adapt and communicate with Naseru as he learned how to interact with her.
As she grew older, Naseru continued to observe (and raise) her, and quickly began to notice that she had a primal talent for firebending. she began to develop a very vivid sense of motion detection, although it was not until after visiting Zelgius Sanaki that she was able to learn how to utilize it and incorporate it into her daily life. as the creator of most of the techniques behind this sense, Sanaki was the one to go to for such training.
Essentially, Kozue grew up in the Earth Kindgom, particularly Ba Sing Se, although Naseru did travel frequently so he could learn about other cultures in the diverse Earth Kingdom. He also travelled to the Water Tribes, although during these travels Kozue often clung very close to Naseru, not being terribly fond of the cold with her hypersensitive skin and senses.
When he travelled to the Fire Nation, however, as he often did, Kozue felt right at home, and simply being here seemed to increase her mood. All this time, Naseru carefully observed her behavior, doing his best to communicate what was going on to her so that she would know. each time they went to the Fire Nation, Kozue would visit the Zelgius estate to meet her friend Sanaki, and the two would exchange firebending tips. when she was 16, Sanaki began sharing tips about controlling lightning with her. Given her attunement to her element and spirituality, kozue began to pick it up with some ease.
Years passed, and Kozue matured into a fine young adult. by the time she was 18, Zelgius Sanaki had gotten married, although the two had kept in touch for a long time as Sanaki instructed Kozue on ways to utilize her bending skills to help her better get around. even with this increased self-reliance though, Kozue did not feel safe going out on her own, and Naseru was fine with keeping her at his side.
She never did grow very large, stopping around the height of 5 feet, her petite little frame only weighing in at about 102 pounds. She retained a few of her childlike features, but they mostly added to her adorable little charm. Observations of her chi paths indicated that she had very high and very concentrated power coursing through her body. her exceeding ability to control this power has kept her safe, and makes her bending abilities very strong. She is a master of control, and her prodigious skill is part of why she has since been labelled as a "Primal Firebender". she understands very vividly the foundations and basics of firebending, and her level of discipline and breath control have helped her obtain the proper balance needed to properly and skillfully wield lightning.
Shortly before her 19th birthday, an agreement was made between Naseru and the Raidens. at this point, Naseru acknowledged that he had done everything that he could for Kozue, and that if she was to continue developing and honing her skills, she would be better off with some powerful firebending masters.
Naseru spent a few days there after all the formalities were in place, and soon Kozue had been adopted into the family. Naseru continued to swing by every now and again, but Kozue integrated into the Raiden family quite well, befriending the entire family, as well as the house's caretaker, Zerviah Foxx.
During her life with the Raidens, she ended up falling in love with a Fire Nation local named Sizoko, and after a few months of (rather adorable) courting, the two were married. the Zelgius Estate was large enough that instead of Kozue moving out, Sizoko moved in. they had a small house built for them on the grounds (with Sanaki's permission and Tarek's help of course). over the next couple of years, Kozue gave birth to two adorable little children: Kyomi, currently aged 4, and Kaoru (currently aged 2). This is where the story picks up. even now, Kozue is contemplating having another child.

Reasons Why You Believe You Deserve a Master-Tier Character/Position:
I've got plenty of masters. That, and I had this account that I figured might as well not go to waste, so I decided to utilize it.

**Required of ALL Master Tier Characters**

Character Box: With Sample RP within

Kozue Maziki Zenava

If you all want me to I can cook something up. Otherwise, I think it's good. I'm certainly not trying to put myself above the rules or anything (I am just lazy and sort of strapped for time at the moment xD) So yeah. let me know.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy
Link:

By typing your Forum name below, you acknowledge that your Master-Tier Character requires a considerable degree of activity(to be judged by our staff), and that you are subject to removal from your position of your Master-Tier Character if site staff unanimously decide you are not fulfilling this required level of activity in an undue respect. This judgement will also apply if abuse of this position occurs, whether in or out of character (IC or OOC). Kozue/Zul/whatever

Type Forum Name Here: ~Zul~
Back to top Go down
Kozue
Kozue

EXP : 1105
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)   Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:31 am

Okay, so as a special addendum, the grouping thing is experimental (and unlike most of Gysu's "experiments" this one is not harmful and is easily reversed (all that would need to be done would be to delete the group.) As a result, that also means I did not auto-approve my character, and so would like to her feedback on her.

so the concept I am playing with is one that Tarek and I used to contemplate back when he still came here and stuff. the idea of Primal benders is that, while they are usually not the strong and fast type that get classified as masters, they have a different sense of mastery over their bending abilities. I'm sure if I was given enough time I could figure out criteria for the other benders as well, but since this is experimental and might not even get the green light, I'll stick with firebending.

Essentially, Primal benders have a very deep connection with their element and are often extremely spiritual. They use their abilities in unorthodox ways. in particular, Kozue is able to use her bending skills to detect the heat and energy in people and objects, to the point where she can even detect sounds. (the rest of that comes from her pulling a Beethoven and imagining in her head what it might sound like)
It is not a full replacement for her two missing senses, and similar to the heat sense I created a while back with Sanaki, this one also requires focus, so it can be "turned on" or "turned off" at will. her spiritual side and meditation/etc helps sharpen her focus, and she is very precise in her movements. It isn't to say that she can't fight, but she lacks some of the speed and power that the masters and experts have. (although that is not a criteria for Primal Benders) However, she is very intricate and precise with her movements and her bending. I can elaborate.

I would like to say that Toph was a primal bender because of her connection to the earth, her unique style(s) and that she invented skillful moves of her own. (she would obviously break the "not as powerful as the masters" criteria, but I do not want to have Kozue be OP [/god] the way Toph was. as cool as Toph is... even I have limits. ^^; )

That said, I did use the master tier template because Primal Benders tend to be masters of their own style(s), even if they are not as powerful as some of the experts or masters. Their skills are in different fields of bending, but the attunment they have to the spiritual side of bending, as well as to the element itself, makes them as intelligent with their skills as the greatest of the masters.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. If you think I'm going too far or am OPing my character, feel free to let me know. I won't get upset or anything. I just don't want to purposely OP myself [/Kano] because that leads to godmodding [/Gysu] and an invincibility complex [/Novai].
so yeah... thoughts on the profile AND the concept of Primal Benders would be appreciated. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

EXP : 4645
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)   Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete) EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Approved, gurlfrand <3 xoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)   Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kozue Maziki Zenava (Complete)
Page 1 of 1