The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiyoko
Kiyoko

EXP : 150

Character Description
Position: Geisha
Nation: Fire Nation

The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune] Empty
PostSubject: The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune]   The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune] EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm

When Kiyoko was three years old, she wanted to be a dancer.

Aunt Su-Hsing claims that she came into the world swaying to the rhythm, but the fair-skinned waterbender believed it happened the first time she made a puddle splash. Literally. She had been spending part of her better day in the gardens, chasing dragon flies and catching the fluttering plum-blossoms as they fell in the summer breeze. The toddler had somehow lost her balance, but, uncle had saved her from a dastardly fall. The odd thing was that neither of them had fallen into the fountain that they were currently next to, yet Kiyoko's tiny hanbok was soaked to the hem.

When she was five years old, she wanted to be a musician.
Kiyoko, as the servants would fondly chuckle, was most attuned with her "bad habit" whenever it was "danced with" or accompanied by music. Naturally, Kiyoko was able to listen to a song a single time and replicate almost to the tee. It was a habit of hers to greet everyone in song and to put on dances for them, to which everyone delighted. Whenever they weren't spitefully gossiping about her "impurity", they were revering her for her spirit-given talent.

Ever since Kiyoko could understand, she'd always wanted to help others.

With everything she had been given: her limberness for dance, her sparkling waterbending, her knack for music, she'd always found a way to give it back to those who needed it the most. True, while she lived and worked as an esteemed performer from the Nishima house, she never forgot where she came from. If she could help by sparing her earnings, she did and would. If a child needed comforting, her sweet smell and her soothing words were what they remembered most. Should any of her friends need advice, her ear and blunt tongue were a constant. Nothing ever escaped Kiyoko's detailed eyes and ears, and no one...no matter how big or small, should be forgotten.

"Which....." Kiyoko sighed, "Is probably why I'm stuck here now."

The place in question was the loud, somewhat smoggy, striking Fire Fountain City of the Caldera. She'd left in a caravan with five other Geisha to head to the capital, ahead of schedule to be on time for the Firelight festival hosted annually by her highness the Fire Lady. Now Kiyoko, being a punctual person, had pushed the trip along with Lu-Li so that they would arrive on time. But Kiyoko, who's weakness was the need of others, had gotten distracted and ended up separated from the group. So now she stood in the middle of the city square, leaning against the fountain with a book in one hand and a child holding her other.

Why did things like these always happen to her.

"Alright honey, we'll go and find your mommy now, hm? Let's go and see if we can find her baby." The child, who had to be only about four or so, smiled up at Kiyoko and the waterbender gave him a sweet smile in return. Heading for the shopping district, she straightened her posture and gently tugged the toddler along. Despite her current situation Kiyoko really wasn't apprehensive about navigating around the city alone, since she tended to frequent this part of the Fire Nation more than not.

'What part of the Fire Nation haven't I covered anyway?'

Kiyoko was so intune with her thoughts that she failed to register the oncoming passerby walking in her direction. Or was she walking in their's? She couldn't really tell.

Kiyoko managed to avoid most of the "onslaught" but ended up being jostled a step or two. "Oof!" Instinctively she gathered the child in her arms and held him close to her, glaring sharply at whoever she collided with, before softening her features.

"My apologies. I didn't see you, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kinalune
Kinalune

EXP : 1325
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Traveling Dancer
Nation: Fire Nation

The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune]   The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune] EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Kinalune Kunayak

Today was a rather lazy day for Kina. Itachi – her large ferret-lizard – was in the forests outside of the city hunting for food. He had been gone since early in the morning and would probably be out until sunset. Kina was not wearing her dancer’s outfit today, opting to wear her short brown and red kimono instead. It was very comfortable and allowed her to blend into the crowd much more easily than her scarlet red uniform. Kina was currently leaning against a building – or maybe it was a wall; the firebender wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings. Instead, the girl was lost in thought.

It was hard for Kina to believe that it had been nine years since she had last seen her family. She felt as if she had not seen them for a lifetime, but at the same time remembered her step-father’s kind smile and her mother’s gentle touch as if they had tucked her into bed just last night. The firebender shook her head quickly to dispel any and all thoughts about her family from her mind. Remembering their love for her only led her to remember Janan’s hateful bellowing voice demanding that Laula take Kina far away and never allow him to see either of their faces ever again, and Laula’s apologetic glance before the woman let herself fall of the edge of the ship.

A long sigh escaped Kina’s small mouth and she brought a hand up to tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear. As her hand traveled back down her body to its proper place at her side, it stopped at her neck to briefly rub the golden necklace that hung there in plain sight. Kina started to glare at building opposite to her; it seemed to be an inn. She had been in this town far longer than she had expected to stay. It was a heavy feeling in the pit of her stomach that anchored her here. For some reason, even though Kina wanted nothing more than to pack up her things and ride Itachi at full gallop towards the Fire Nation Capital, she could not bring herself to go against her instinct.

Kina lifted her head, looking around lazily. She was close to the center of the city. People milled around, some aimlessly and some with purpose. A particularly large group of people seemed to all be headed towards the town square and Kina pushed herself off of the wall she had been leaning against and merged herself into the crowd. She walked with the people for a short while, not really paying attention to where they were going. It wasn’t long before Kina bumped right into someone.

Taking a step back, Kina took a split second to look over the woman before her. The long-haired lady seemed to be around her age, but was quite a few inches taller than Kina. Her skin was paler and her hair was darker and she had a sort of regal beauty about her. Kina say her glare for a moment, but the look was gone as quickly as it came and then the stranger said, “My apologies. I didn’t see you, are you alright?”

Kina shook her head. ”Oh, I'm fine. Thank you for asking.” A small blush formed on Kina’s cheeks. ”It was my fault, though. I wasn't looking where I was going. I'm sorry.” Kina looked down at the boy clutching the woman’s hand. ”Is this your son? He’s absolutely adorable.”

Mood: Reminiscent
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

The Only Truth That Sticks [Kinalune]
Page 1 of 1